Thread: Sooo what the hell am I?

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sooo... what the hell am I?

Since I've been here I've so far been typed ILE, SLE, SEI (VI-wise), LIE, and EII. So what's my type, you think? and why?

I'd be glad to answer any relevant questions.
    Last edited by Aleksei; 09-01-2010 at 04:14 PM.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are an ESFj-INTj-ISFj-Sx-Sx-Sm

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is that you in your avatar?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see no problems with ILE-Ti. I don't think I've seen any pictures of you yet, but you seem like a Ti type, and probably not Se dominant or Se PoLR. 7 fix is more consistent with ILE than LSI, and you seem lighter and more natural in your self-presentation than most of the Fe-DS types that I've encountered. Also you seem fairly go-with-the-flow for any rational type. I suppose I can't rule out SLE-Ti entirely, but I would have to severely revise my impression of you if that were the case.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    is that you in your avatar?

It's Christopher Eccleston.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

type III anti-hero

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    It's Christopher Eccleston.
    sorry, I have no idea who that is. lol

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I see no problems with ILE-Ti. I don't think I've seen any pictures of you yet, but you seem like a Ti type, and probably not Se dominant or Se PoLR. 7 fix is more consistent with ILE than LSI, and you seem lighter and more natural in your self-presentation than most of the Fe-DS types that I've encountered. Also you seem fairly go-with-the-flow for any rational type. I suppose I can't rule out SLE-Ti entirely, but I would have to severely revise my impression of you if that were the case.
    My trifix was actually wrong. I just hadn't gotten around to fixing it. The actual fix is 3w2 > 9w8 > 6w7. Not sure if that influences your estimation...
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

Creepy-male

fwiw I know an ILE who's 3w4-9w1-7w6, so you're not hugely different from her. H-ILE-Ne though.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best guess is ENTx slightly leaning towards p.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    Well my opinion is SLE, for the record.
    That's part of why I made the thread. It intrigued me and I wanted to see if anyone had a similar opinion (and why).

According to Pied Piper here, I sound like an SLE, if I remember correctly, because I like flirting, and because I have a tendency to pop into IM and say sup and shoot the breeze, without actually having any ideas to discuss. Did I get that right, dude? And, does that mean anything to anyone else?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    My trifix was actually wrong. I just hadn't gotten around to fixing it. The actual fix is 3w2 > 9w8 > 6w7. Not sure if that influences your estimation...
    Well I hadn't thought about it but that does make more sense for you, from what I've observed; tbh I wouldn't even be surprised if you had a 1 fix, because competency seems pretty prevalent and you don't seem like a withdrawn type much at all.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that ILEs, unlike SLEs, are very bad listeners, when you talk to them face-to-face, you can see in their eyes most of the time that they actually have something in their mind to say - or concluded something, or tell something similar they know, etc - and barely can listen to you, and unless they asked you something, they wait for you to finish to tell their mind.

SLEs can listen, they are decent - and actually careful - listeners. They're also not so opinionated and expect interesting subjects or news from the others.
    Ni-DS (SLE, SEE) is playing Russian roulette, it manifests in all levels of the personality of Se Irrationals:
    - like risks;
    - initiate contact and - with provocation or not - they way to see "what happens" (connected to what I said above);
    - like to flirt and the uncertainty it offers;
    - hate predictability and people who talk too much about the same thing tire them. (ILEs and IEEs feel themselves in charge for the topics)
    yeah. this is good. I do know ILEs who are half way decent listeners but usually they're older and have learned to do so. Still, they're not as good as SLEs. SLEs are very very good at waiting until you're done. they are so patient and really seem to care and want to offer advice (which is usually succinct and helpful).

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty close, yeah. More precisely:
    - I was from the ground up more inclined towards SLE, but you were NT in MBTI and I kept cautious, then you made some posts extremely similar to mine;
    - you act very much like other three SLEs I interact on IM, the same behavioural pattern. One of them actually calls me once or twice a month when he's bored and we just talk different things, sometimes having also questions about computers to help him with.
    - ILEs I interact on IM are always onto something, always have something to say and (a bit compulsively) drive the discussion in the direction of their momentary interest.

If you noticed the differences between me and you on IM, when we get in contact I always pour down what I'm in that moment . I feel hard to deal with new proposed directions, but of course, if something intriguing is said that may captivate my attention.
    I think that ILEs, unlike SLEs, are very bad listeners, when you talk to them face-to-face, you can see in their eyes most of the time that they actually have something in their mind to say - or concluded something, or tell something similar they know, etc - and barely can listen to you, and unless they asked you something, they wait for you to finish to tell their mind.

SLEs can listen, they are decent - and actually careful - listeners. They're also not so opinionated and expect interesting subjects or news from the others.
    Ni-DS (SLE, SEE) is playing Russian roulette, it manifests in all levels of the personality of Se Irrationals:
    - like risks;
    - initiate contact and - with provocation or not - they way to see "what happens" (connected to what I said above);
    - like to flirt and the uncertainty it offers;
    - hate predictability and people who talk too much about the same thing tire them. (ILEs and IEEs feel themselves in charge for the topics)

Btw, enter the forum chat and watch hkkmr - I think the most "Chat ADHD" ILE - and see. Btw, hkkmr: dumb-ass, listen to me too when we talk on the chat, you should have read the horses example and that mess in your head about Dynamic/Static could have been cleaned .
    ---

PS: my jabber server is down, hopefully it'll come back up; I'll create an account on a different one in the future.
    Hmm, makes sense.

Any thoughts on my subtype? I'd say if I'm SLE I'm probably a rather mellow SLE... Ni-subtype perhaps?

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request