Thread: Why people try to harm the INFp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Why people try to harm the INFp

Why people try to harm the INFp when the INFp doesn't want to hurt anyone? ISN'T THAT JUST UNFAIR?

// No. I didn't had any negative experiences lately.
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI subtype

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah. well not exactly chemical i don't know exactly what i meant. anyway. going to play some unreal tournament now.
    the music there is very good =)

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Creepy-

*strokes *

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<3
    worldwide suicide!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Why#$

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't right now :/ these days im dressing like an english aristocrat while talking about some stuff which i can't mention here because i might end up in the jail for excessive profanity. i wonder if the ISFjs are okay with that?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bigger question is why do the INFPs care and feel so much pain from other people. Other types think if you don't let someone hurt you, you wouldn't be hurt. Hmmmm? HMMMM. I should follow my own advice.
    INFP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI subtype

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why people try to harm the INFp when the INFp doesn't want to hurt anyone? ISN'T THAT JUST UNFAIR?
    It's because:
    1.) People are assholes.
    2.) They don't know they're hurting us.
    3.) We'll put up with their shit.

People don't realize how much bullshit they put INFps through. I mean, yeah we're (relatively) nice people, but we're people. People fuck with us because 99.999999999% of the time, we'd rather let them be and go write poetry than hand them a healthy dose of Fuck Off.

Last night, I went clubbing with a group of friends and my girlfriend. There was this asshole who kept ramming himself into our group and talking shit about the way one of my friends was dressed. That friend happened to be a fellow INFp. Her course of action was just to ignore the fucker. I wanted to steal the mobility of his jaw for a month or two with a good jab in the face, but we would have gotten thrown out of the club. Instead, we made a circle around him and mimiced his jerky, retarded dying-chicken dancing. He left us alone, yeah.

Hello .

May I stroke you?

May I stroke all the other INFps?

The two INFp's I know when they get hurt over something they go a bit overboard like they have been raped or something or been just flat out victimized. It is annoying as hell to me because it could be something little and they will act like you commited the worse sin againts them, yet clearly they make the choice to get upset at something or react to it. So stop acting like a fucking victim like someone is always out to try and hurt your feelings. You get them to try and see the other side and they will be stubborn as hell about it.

But I love INFp overall. Fun to hang around with, or when you need someone to tag along. Just conversation gotta stay short, and spread out over the course of interaction.
    ILE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ScanDive your post was useless. especially "yet clearly they make the choice" . You don't know what you're talking about.

Joy: Go to the jail already.

Sycophant: <3

It's because:
    1.) People are assholes.
    2.) They don't know they're hurting us.
    3.) We'll put up with their shit.

People don't realize how much bullshit they put INFps through. I mean, yeah we're (relatively) nice people, but we're people. People fuck with us because 99.999999999% of the time, we'd rather let them be and go write poetry than hand them a healthy dose of Fuck Off.
    Yeah, exactly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

/offtopic rant Btw why do I have to deal with ENTps trying to say some insightful shit, when their intention is TO CHANGE ME, to make me a "normal person"? How long until they fucking realize what they are trying to do and that IT WON'T HAPPEN! STOP the BULL I WON'T CHANGE NO THANK YOU SIR? No one will change according to your understanding and tastes, GO AWAY GENIUS

Hahahahah

Dave³ ™'s Blurbs
    About me:
    My mission in life is to constantly improve myself, and to build bridges so others can follow a path of improvement. With each step forward I take, those behind me shall take an equal amount of steps forward. One footnote in my mission, which is related to the reasons I came to MySpace, is to meet people to share in my exciting experiences.

I enjoy reading and writing, and telling funny odd ball stories. I have a sense of humor that some consider mean and cruel and obscure. Some people consider things I say offensive, or inappropriate. However, I see it as just my way of letting people know not to take themselves or situations so seriously.

// I don't want to see any posts about emotions, mkay? /offtopic rant

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eat it

/offtopic rant Btw why do I have to deal with ENTps trying to say some insightful shit, when their intention is TO CHANGE ME, to make me a "normal person"? How long until they fucking realize what they are trying to do and that IT WON'T HAPPEN! STOP the BULL I WON'T CHANGE NO THANK YOU SIR? No one will change according to your understanding and tastes, GO AWAY GENIUS

Hahahahah

Dave³ ™'s Blurbs
    About me:
    My mission in life is to constantly improve myself, and to build bridges so others can follow a path of improvement. With each step forward I take, those behind me shall take an equal amount of steps forward. One footnote in my mission, which is related to the reasons I came to MySpace, is to meet people to share in my exciting experiences.

I enjoy reading and writing, and telling funny odd ball stories. I have a sense of humor that some consider mean and cruel and obscure. Some people consider things I say offensive, or inappropriate. However, I see it as just my way of letting people know not to take themselves or situations so seriously.

// I don't want to see any posts about emotions, mkay? /offtopic rant
    Lmao. Looks like I hit a nerve. What I find significant is your little spiel here because I've heard it before from an INFp I know and so happen to piss off, as they claim. Half the shit yall say or do makes no sense to me, unless I sit down and concentrate harder than trying to release a shit after a long day of eating peanut butter, coffee, and a door knob.

And the name is Dave. What I said might be pointless, however maybe I just like hearing myself talk.
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No you didn't hit a nerve. Not even a bit. It's just that I like using CAPS letters. And even if you did does it mean something? No.

Point taken.
    ILE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-- socionics corpse - disillusioned socionics ex-hobbyist who never got what he was looking for. h3h.
    I like that .
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny, I have the same reaction towards infps many times.

Creepy-pokeball

eat it
    Pervert!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScanDave
    The two INFp's I know when they get hurt over something they go a bit overboard like they have been raped or something or been just flat out victimized. It is annoying as hell to me because it could be something little and they will act like you commited the worse sin againts them, yet clearly they make the choice to get upset at something or react to it. So stop acting like a fucking victim like someone is always out to try and hurt your feelings. You get them to try and see the other side and they will be stubborn as hell about it.
    The reason for this is, like many introverted types, we will tend to bottle up aggression in the immediate situation. When we finally do express our negative emotions, our reaction is saddled with all the other (percieved) offenses that the person it's directed towards has committed against us. We do indeed see the "other side" 99.9999999% of the time. It's what keeps us from acting out our aggression most of the time, and what compounds the perception of INFps as "mellow."

We have a little box where we put every little offense in. After a while, we will reach a point where there's only so much we can take, and it all comes out at once, in an eruption of either complete irrationality or bitter insight. The former is more apt to happen when we percieve that the offenses take place for no apparent reason, or there seems to be no end in sight to the annoying tactics. This will often happen between us and our Illusionaries and or Supervisors. The latter takes place mostly in the absence of the person we're pissed at.

Quote Originally Posted by "
    offtopic rant Btw why do I have to deal with ENTps trying to say some insightful shit, when their intention is TO CHANGE ME, to make me a "normal person"? How long until they fucking realize what they are trying to do and that IT WON'T HAPPEN! STOP the BULL I WON'T CHANGE NO THANK YOU SIR? No one will change according to your understanding and tastes, GO AWAY GENIUS
    Well, in this case, it's a combination of all three: of 1.) People are assholes and 2.) They don't know we find them annoying and 3.) We'll put up with it.

Even if we try to reconcile 2. and 3.) by telling them off, they won't listen. Best thing to do, like with most people who rub us the wrong way, is to accept that that's the way they are (even if they don't accept that this is the way we are) and do anything in our power never to come into contact with them again.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    The reason for this is, like many introverted types, we will tend to bottle up aggression in the immediate situation. When we finally do express our negative emotions, our reaction is saddled with all the other (percieved) offenses that the person it's directed towards has committed against us. We do indeed see the "other side" 99.9999999% of the time. It's what keeps us from acting out our aggression most of the time, and what compounds the perception of INFps as "mellow."

We have a little box where we put every little offense in. After a while, we will reach a point where there's only so much we can take, and it all comes out at once, in an eruption of either complete irrationality or bitter insight. The former is more apt to happen when we percieve that the offenses take place for no apparent reason, or there seems to be no end in sight to the annoying tactics. This will often happen between us and our Illusionaries and or Supervisors. The latter takes place mostly in the absence of the person we're pissed at.
    Bah! Now ya make me be serious. I already knew this by the first post K made. I just assumed everyone would, too, lol. I guess many just cant read people all that well =/

Well, in this case, it's a combination of all three: of 1.) People are assholes and 2.) They don't know we find them annoying and 3.) We'll put up with it.

Even if we try to reconcile 2. and 3.) by telling them off, they won't listen. Best thing to do, like with most people who rub us the wrong way, is to accept that that's the way they are (even if they don't accept that this is the way we are) and do anything in our power never to come into contact with them again.

hehe how very p of you go around and not through~

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Bah! Now ya make me be serious. I already knew this by the first post made. I just assumed everyone would, too, lol. I guess many just cant read people all that well =/
    Nope. They can't. Not at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

Interesting, and understandable if you put it like that. One of the INFp I know said something very similar in regards to this same topic. When INFp's take the time to explain how I offended or hurt them in this way I tend to be a little bit more mindful of their "feelings" in the future, even though deep down I feel a bit spiteful because I have to adjust to them. I do get fed up with INFp's sometimes with some of their beliefs or values and what I call a "backassward" approach to them, or an inconsistant approach to things that are similar. Usually they are silent about such things, and then they tell you about something. And I'm like "Ummm you might want to think about that a little more or consider this."

Now I have thought about this a bit. Thinking back at the times I have got an INFp mad, and I had no clue why, at me because I offended them were cases where I told them them to think something through a little more.

What I'm getting at here is this something related to yall's PoLR and hidden agenda. Like are INFp's affraid of opening their mouths sometimes because they fear of saying something stupid? Like they are somehow conditioned this way because many times when they open their mouth someone finds a problem with what they say (real or imagined), be it errors or magical thinking or not fully developed?

I was also thinking it might be related to weak too. I have been irriated by INFp's lack of initiative. Like the two I know would down right ask me what should they get at a restaurant. In some of these cases in the past I have blurted out loudly and probably unexpectedly "Whatever the fuck you want!" And they will get real quiet and say "I'm serious what should I get." Depending how irriated I get I will grab the menu from their hand and select something for them when the waiter comes around. Then sometimes one of them as the nerve to object. So I'm like "No you had your chance, you are getting this." I hate having to make decisions for people, but I will if you keep standing around like your fingers are jammed in your pussy.
    ILE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I'm getting at here is this something related to yall's PoLR and hidden agenda.
    Our PoLR is Te, which entails the verbal expression of criticism and/or cynicism. (Take a look at our ENTjs and INTps for a glance into the workings of Te.) Most people will tend to downplay (or possibly overcompensate for) their PoLR. This explains why we won't call people out on things that annoy us, why we will usually humor you instead of bitching, live and let live, and the like.

Like are INFp's affraid of opening their mouths sometimes because they fear of saying something stupid? Like they are somehow conditioned this way because many times when they open their mouth someone finds a problem with what they say (real or imagined), be it errors or magical thinking or not fully developed
    When people express their PoLR, it tends to put them in an uncompromising circumstance immediately following. For example, you open your mouth and call your friend out on his faulty logic. Several things can happens: 1.) The person can take your criticism in stride, 2.) The person can take your criticism personally and A.) Get defensive and/or verbally aggressive or B.) outright hit you. If you're an INFp, you don't want to be in any of the situations but the first, because in scenario 2A, you'll fall back on Fe and get defensive yourself, and in 2B your lack of Se will usually cause you to bear the brunt of the blows.

I was also thinking it might be related to weak too. I have been irriated by INFp's lack of initiative.
    Weak Se can often lead to lack of initiative, yes <- indecisiveness, lack of direction, etc.

Like the two I know would down right ask me what should they get at a restaurant. In some of these cases in the past I have blurted out loudly and probably unexpectedly "Whatever the fuck you want!" And they will get real quiet and say "I'm serious what should I get." Depending how irriated I get I will grab the menu from their hand and select something for them when the waiter comes around. Then sometimes one of them as the nerve to object. So I'm like "No you had your chance, you are getting this." I hate having to make decisions for people, but I will if you keep standing around like your fingers are jammed in your pussy.
    Huh... well, I would never ask someone else to make a decision for me like that. You'll find "damaged goods" of all types. It's very easy for an INFp to lose all drive, become dependent and ineffectual, and and end up a Fe-slut. Likewise, it's easy for an INFp to swing the other way and become an aggressive, cynical, defensive asshole. All sorts of factors will influence the way our fundamental type construction can develop. I recommend taking a look at Rick's website (Socionics.us) for some great insight into what type actually is:

Socionic types

The 16 socionic types differ on four axes (called 'dichotomies'): rationality/irrationality, extraversion/introversion, intuition/sensing, and logic/ethics. Each type has one characteristic from each of the dichotomies, making 16 possible combinations. This does not mean there is a complete absence of the opposite mechanism, however. It means that one is more flexible and multi-faceted, while the other is more rigid and simplistic.

Although types often display similar values, life strategies, general behavior, and facial expressions, such traits such as IQ, musical talent, sports abilities, charisma, "personal power," etc. are little related to type. A review of how socionists have typed famous people will demonstrate this. No type is inherently "predisposed" for success or failure in life. A common error of socionics enthusiasts is to try to relate non-socionic traits to socionic types.

In addition, socionics does not view type structure as being so rigid that a person can change little in life. One's positive or negative thinking patterns, overall outlook on life, and emotional health are not tied to type and are quite flexible. Socionic type is one of the things — along with inborn physiological traits — that does not change, even if outward behavior, emotional states, and attitudes do. Socionic type describes psychic mechanisms so "deep" that they are difficult to gain a full awareness of, much less modify in some way (but then, why would you want to modify them??).
    This helps explain the diversity within all type categories. I can't really speak definitively for all INFps on the issues you are asking about, but I can try to account for them in the context of Socionics itself and my own experience.

Creepy-aurora_faerie

I'm still a Beta vague.

!!!

Creepy-pokeball

"Our PoLR is Te, which entails the verbal expression of criticism and/or cynicism. (Take a look at our ENTjs and INTps for a glance into the workings of Te.) Most people will tend to downplay (or possibly overcompensate for) their PoLR. This explains why we won't call people out on things that annoy us, why we will usually humor you instead of bitching, live and let live, and the like. "-Baby

I hate both in extreme because they are not helpful. One makes me extremely anxious and the other makes me want to not care.