Thread: Socionic and Classical Temperaments

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionic and Classical Temperaments

I just found an interesting article from somewhat famous socionists implying that they do indeed use Classical Temperaments (Sanguine, Phlegmatic, Choleric, Melancholic) when describing socionics temperaments:
    Interview with Valentina Meged and Anatoly Ovcharov

5.How many sub-types you select the criteria for this are the most important?
    A. When podtipnoy diagnosis we follow a specific purpose, which is set by the client or by us personally. This goal determines the level of expression of personality and the methods applied. In general, there are three levels. The main criterion for the first level - the relative abundance of the type of functions of the inert or contact block model "A". The criterion of the second level - the dominance of the type of one of the four forms of behavior - the normative, creative, volitional, or harmonizing. A criterion for the third level - the dominance of the type of one of eight accents, as manifested in the exterior, and in the patterns of thinking and behavior. It further takes into account the nature of personality - Introvert ekstravernoy-and rational - irrational.
    In practice, the diagnosis of the first level (16 x 2 = 32 subtype) can serve as an indicator of the dominant temperament: static (phlegmatic, melancholic) or dynamic (sanguine, choleric), and possible combinations. The second level (32 x 4 = 128) in practice is confirmed by the characteristic patterns of behavior - normalizing (formal), creative (informal), volitional (dominant) and harmonizing (compromise). The third level (32 x 12 = 384) is reflected in the exterior, the nature of activities and ways of solving problems, as well as forms of expression of feelings and relationships.
    So, put simply, we distinguish 12 variants of each of the two subtypes of 16 personality types.
    Now, I have no idea why they are splitting types into 16 X 2 x 4 X 3, but if I understand the bold correctly: Ep and Ij are either Phlegmatic or Melancholic; and Ej and Ip are either Sanguine or Choleric. Does this match with anyone else's observations? (Ashton?!)
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, cool. Very interesting find, thank you. Now we ought to be able to apply classical temperaments without people whining, "DATS NOT SOCIONICZ!!1" and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Now, I have no idea why they are splitting types into 16 X 2 x 4 X 3,
    That's… a good question, and I'm not entirely sure what they're doing with that either, but I'm curious.

but if I understand the bold correctly: Ep and Ij are either Phlegmatic or Melancholic; and Ej and Ip are either Sanguine or Choleric. Does this match with anyone else's observations? (Ashton?!)
    Generally it seems to go:
    EP = Sanguine
    IP = Melancholic
    EJ = Choleric
    IJ = Phlegmetic

From what I've been able to tell, the 2 subtypes (prod/acc flip) modulates this a bit. Though I'm not altogether sure how they drew the conclusion of Statics being phlegmatic or melancholic, Dynamics being sanguine or choleric. Unless it's some arcane subtype construct they're referring to.

You might be interested in this: Temperament Blends

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These temperament blends are nice, and if they match correctly it looks like they're good for subtypes. Your list of temperaments seems more intuitively accurate than anything I could make out from the article, but at least we know others have gone down this route.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Now, I have no idea why they are splitting types into 16 X 2 x 4 X 3
    I just want to understand what the supposed 3rd layer is supposed to represent. The translation provided doesn't seem to effectively describe what they're looking for at such a level.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I assumed the first was just regular 2 sub-type theory. But it was 2 X 4 so DCNH would be used on both subtypes for some reason. I can only assume the X 3 is something to do with EM (Dual-Type) or some other energy theory.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)