Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Differences between EIIs and EIEs (INFj vs. ENFj)

  1. #1
    ladyinred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    115
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Differences between EIIs and EIEs (INFj vs. ENFj)

    They can seem so similiar at a distance. What's the tipoff that says E or I in XNFJ?

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't feel like being professional here, so I won't. I'll just be blunt, grumpy, and overly subjective.

    Quite a few EIEs seem like they're not balanced. They are manipulative, overly critical, and bitchy about stupid shit that doesn't matter. They need Ti and Se, but they're often too proud to accept it. Sometimes you can shut them down with it and "force" them to listen, but they only become passive-aggressive afterward since you damaged their vanity. They are usually much more dominant in group discussions. Even if they're not the most talkative, it often seems like they're leading the discussion. Smart ones have a canny perceptiveness that is awe-inspiring with healthy EIEs but infuriating with the unhealthy ones who use it to grandstand and win debates even when they are wrong and don't know what the fuck they are talking about. They can still be good, loyal friends, but the way they end up treating you tends to be highly dependent on whatever happens to be their mood of the hour.

    EIIs are more likely to be sweet people who seem to genuinely care about you. They are good friends who will always listen to you if you need them. They can be quite shy in public compared to EIEs, but there are some who seem rather "extroverted" in their propensity to engage people in conversation. The big difference here seems to be that EIIs generally prefer making small talk with one person at a time, whereas EIEs like engaging whole groups of people. EIIs often have an underlying cheerfulness and sense of fun about them, like they've always got some fun little activity to do. EIEs, on the other hand, seem to universally possess a neurotic sense of pessimism that, while being very stimulating and somehow sexually alluring, can also be exhausting if the EIE is too proud to stop nagging and being dark and depressing when you tell them to shut the fuck up.

  3. #3
    take a second of me sarinana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    1,166
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sounds like you prefer EIIs over EIEs.
    Sincerely Yours,

    Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

    The Rebel without a cause.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    Sounds like you prefer EIIs over EIEs.
    MAYBE I'M LSE THEN LAWLAWLAWLAWLAWLAWL

  5. #5
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't feel that INFjs and ENFjs seem all that similar. Of course there are those middle-of-the-line people who are kind of hard to read.

    INFjs seem more emotionally reserved, for starters. They don't seem to reach out as much, instead just observing, but probably not even as much as ENFjs observe. ENFjs appear to be more "awake" because they're EJ. INFj behavior also seems more random and uncalculated, idk. That's just something I've observed, might not be true.

  6. #6
    take a second of me sarinana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    1,166
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    To answer the question.




    If you are being irritated by EIE don't show any signs of irritation (we like introverts they calm us down) or you will make EIE feel like it's just a game and EIE won't stop. EIEs like to test people boundaries on emotional level. The more you react to them, doesn't matter positive or negative, the more they will get into what they were doing/or saying before. We don't mean to hurt people like that and we are aware that we are hurting you but just your reactions... it's so addictive.... So amusing to see how much of inpact you can have on others emotions. LSI EIEs dual is a positivist. And as a positivist, introvert and rational he keeps EIE on balance. How LSI does it? LSI simple doesn't react to any negativism because he can easily focus on positive side of things and EIEs negativism or criticism is more like a joke to LSI. And even when he feels irritated he just stares at EIE with a look on his eyes like he doesn't really get what is going on. The events later proceed like this: EIE doesn't get any reaction, calms down and switches to something else (or it's LSI who directs EIEs emotions in a more positive way and then they can have fun as dual do. )

    Now how it goes with EIIs
    If you are being irritated by EII you have to show signs of anger or irritation. Even smallest sign will work. And EII with ignored will start trying to figure out what's wrong and fix everything immediately with .

    EIIs also seem very paranoid of being used. Sometimes they will accuse people that they are using them for wrong reasons. However they are very sweet, diligent and often creative people. They are more subtle than EIEs by behavior but at the same time they are usually more messy than EIEs.


    However I am not EII and I cannot give as detailed description on this.
    Sincerely Yours,

    Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

    The Rebel without a cause.

  7. #7
    fka lungs ashlesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,630
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    If you are being irritated by EIE don't show any signs of irritation (we like introverts they calm us down) or you will make EIE feel like it's just a game and EIE won't stop. EIEs like to test people boundaries on emotional level. The more you react to them, doesn't matter positive or negative, the more they will get into what they were doing/or saying before. We don't mean to hurt people like that and we are aware that we are hurting you but just your reactions... it's so addictive....
    hey, this is good to know lol. i thought my EIE boss was just some sort of sadist who got off on pissing me off because i work for him and have to deal with it. because when my irritation is at its highest level he seems smug and smirky about it. but if this is the reason instead, it's not really so disturbing after all haha.

    i guess that sort of flows into this, in a way..

    Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    EIIs also seem very paranoid of being used. Sometimes they will accuse people that they are using them for wrong reasons.

  8. #8
    take a second of me sarinana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    1,166
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    hey, this is good to know lol. i thought my EIE boss was just some sort of sadist who got off on pissing me off because i work for him and have to deal with it. because when my irritation is at its highest level he seems smug and smirky about it. but if this is the reason instead, it's not really so disturbing after all haha.

    i guess that sort of flows into this, in a way..
    hahah I was thinking about using a word "sadist" in my post but seems like I have skipped it. Don't worry we love every person on this planet <3 even when we act exactly opposite. Just remember: stay calm and don't let emotions control you. We will appreciate it later.
    Sincerely Yours,

    Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

    The Rebel without a cause.

  9. #9
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    I don't feel like being professional here, so I won't. I'll just be blunt, grumpy, and overly subjective.

    Quite a few EIEs seem like they're not balanced. They are manipulative, overly critical, and bitchy about stupid shit that doesn't matter. They need Ti and Se, but they're often too proud to accept it. Sometimes you can shut them down with it and "force" them to listen, but they only become passive-aggressive afterward since you damaged their vanity. They are usually much more dominant in group discussions. Even if they're not the most talkative, it often seems like they're leading the discussion. Smart ones have a canny perceptiveness that is awe-inspiring with healthy EIEs but infuriating with the unhealthy ones who use it to grandstand and win debates even when they are wrong and don't know what the fuck they are talking about. They can still be good, loyal friends, but the way they end up treating you tends to be highly dependent on whatever happens to be their mood of the hour.

    EIIs are more likely to be sweet people who seem to genuinely care about you. They are good friends who will always listen to you if you need them. They can be quite shy in public compared to EIEs, but there are some who seem rather "extroverted" in their propensity to engage people in conversation. The big difference here seems to be that EIIs generally prefer making small talk with one person at a time, whereas EIEs like engaging whole groups of people. EIIs often have an underlying cheerfulness and sense of fun about them, like they've always got some fun little activity to do. EIEs, on the other hand, seem to universally possess a neurotic sense of pessimism that, while being very stimulating and somehow sexually alluring, can also be exhausting if the EIE is too proud to stop nagging and being dark and depressing when you tell them to shut the fuck up.
    Geez. Who is this girl you're dating, and how much of a nightmare is she?
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  10. #10
    take a second of me sarinana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    1,166
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Geez. Who is this girl you're dating, and how much of a nightmare is she?
    Sincerely Yours,

    Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

    The Rebel without a cause.

  11. #11
    ILE - ENTp 1981slater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Spain
    TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Posts
    4,866
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    EIE intellectual, loud, aggressive, engaging, funny
    EII redneck, quiet, moralist, boring, killjoy, suspicious
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

    To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

  12. #12
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladyinred View Post
    They can seem so similiar at a distance. What's the tipoff that says E or I in XNFJ?

    This question is obviously arising from an MBTI origin. This is socionics.

    ENFj is Fe Ni Te Si Ti Se Fi Ne. Dominant function is Fe :. extravert.

    INFj is Fi Ne Ti Se Te Si Fe Ni. Dominant function is Fi :. introvert.

    Fe and Fi are very different functions, as are Ni and Ne as are Ti and Te as are Si and Se. In socionics, the difference between them must be understood in order to fully appreciate the worlds of difference between the beta NFs and delta NFs.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  13. #13
    ladyinred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    115
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    This question is obviously arising from an MBTI origin. This is socionics.
    Actually. No. Although I came from MBTI I have been studying socionics for some months now and know there are major differences between the two with socionics being much more descriptive imo.


    Fe and Fi are very different functions, as are Ni and Ne as are Ti and Te as are Si and Se. In socionics, the difference between them must be understood in order to fully appreciate the worlds of difference between the beta NFs and delta NFs.
    WOW THAT WAS SUPER HELPFUL, THANKS


    To the rest of you, especially disco joe thanks alot :-)

  14. #14
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladyinred View Post
    Actually. No. Although I came from MBTI I have been studying socionics for some months now and know there are major differences between the two with socionics being much more descriptive imo.
    So why the non-sensical question???

    If someone has a decent understanding of socionics, i can understand a dilemma between ENFj and ESFj or even ENFj and ENFp (since ENFp's have demonstrative Fe depending on how much they display it) or INFj and INTj, or INFj and ISFj, or INFj and ENFp but I cannot for the life of me see how one would be deciding between ENFj and INFj...




    WOW THAT WAS SUPER HELPFUL, THANKS

    Well describing the differences between all of those information elements is beyond the scope of this thread and beyond how much time i could (or wanted) to invest in this discussion. There is PLENTY of info on this forum and on other socionics sites that will help you find the answers to those things i mentioned. Research it, like i did.

    As far as guiding you with your type, things I can sort of see already are:

    you are probably not Te-valuing. Because a Te-valuing person would have taken what i said and run with it, either asking questions or looking things up. And Ti-valuing by default means you are not Fi-valuing. (which is something i can already tell anyway from your reactions). So, look into being either alpha or beta quadra.

    If the typing question was about yourself, choosing between the two, I would choose ENFj for you. But you really have to get a good understanding of the IEs before setting yourself on a type. Dont go by the descriptions. Narrow down your quadra first. Makes things a LOT easier.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  15. #15
    ladyinred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    115
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    So why the non-sensical question???

    If someone has a decent understanding of socionics, i can understand a dilemma between ENFj and ESFj or even ENFj and ENFp (since ENFp's have demonstrative Fe depending on how much they display it) or INFj and INTj, or INFj and ISFj, or INFj and ENFp but I cannot for the life of me see how one would be deciding between ENFj and INFj...







    Well describing the differences between all of those information elements is beyond the scope of this thread and beyond how much time i could (or wanted) to invest in this discussion. There is PLENTY of info on this forum and on other socionics sites that will help you find the answers to those things i mentioned. Research it, like i did.

    As far as guiding you with your type, things I can sort of see already are:

    you are probably not Te-valuing. Because a Te-valuing person would have taken what i said and run with it, either asking questions or looking things up. And Ti-valuing by default means you are not Fi-valuing. (which is something i can already tell anyway from your reactions). So, look into being either alpha or beta quadra.

    If the typing question was about yourself, choosing between the two, I would choose ENFj for you. But you really have to get a good understanding of the IEs before setting yourself on a type. Dont go by the descriptions. Narrow down your quadra first. Makes things a LOT easier.

    You have typed me very quickly, and very inaccurately. I am an INFj or EII if you prefer it written that way since you are apparently some sort of Socionics snob.

    Also maybe you havent seen this thread http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ice-versa.html that asks the SAME EXACT KIND of question in this one, it is not nonsensical either but if you consider THIS one to be you must consider THAT one to be nonsensical as well. BUT I guess it is easier to pick on "Newbies" and get away with it. Nice Fi, way to go.

  16. #16
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladyinred View Post
    They can seem so similiar at a distance. What's the tipoff that says E or I in XNFJ?
    ENFJ: bla bla bla!!!, hey you let's go do this, bla bla bla!, did you hear about bla bla!!!!

    INFJ: hi...

  17. #17
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladyinred View Post
    You have typed me very quickly, and very inaccurately. I am an INFj or EII if you prefer it written that way since you are apparently some sort of Socionics snob.

    Also maybe you havent seen this thread http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ice-versa.html that asks the SAME EXACT KIND of question in this one, it is not nonsensical either but if you consider THIS one to be you must consider THAT one to be nonsensical as well. BUT I guess it is easier to pick on "Newbies" and get away with it. Nice Fi, way to go.
    Look, i'm sorry. Maybe i was a bit too harsh and emotional. But your response to my initial post was pretty rude. I was just trying to be a socionics purist because a lot of people here (and especially on socionics.com) tend to confuse MBTI and socionics concepts, and it's a big pet peeve of mine because when I was a newbie, this sort of thinking landed me in my opposing quadra. So i was really only trying to help with what i wrote and guide you in the right direction, and instead you gave me a big eyeroll in your response and a sarcastic comment that indicated obvious lack of appreciation. That is what prompted the not Te-valuing comment from me (notice i even said "probably" so i wasn't certain), however i do admit that was based on my emotional response to you at the time.

    Anyway, i still stand by what i said in my initial post. Just switching the E and the I is an MBTI-based concept.

    So, I am not sure how you typed yourself EII (INFj), but it is entirely possible that you mistyped yourself. Lots of newbies do (including myself). Or maybe you are EII, i have no idea at this point. So you shouldn't be TOO sure about your type as of yet, imo.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  18. #18
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    INFj

    1. They get stuck in trivialities, repeating things too many times.
    2. They over analyze everything or a lot of things.
    3. They have primary Fi, which means that they are very concerned with the internal emotional lives of those they are close to, where Fe leading ENFj's get tired of Fi type of emotions and lingering feelings.
    4. INFj's can be highly demanding because in order to have clear understanding of something due to their Ti role, they need someone to answer their own questions as they prefer them, so that they can fit the Ti terms together and get a picture of what is being discussed and in what frameworks.
    They can be demanding that others remain consistent and provide accurate information.
    5. Si activation, allows INFj's to take full relaxation and rest in pleasant and peaceful natural surroundings; you can, in several part of the forum, observe both Minde and I being attracted to natural nature surroundings.
    6. INFj's are sensitive to graphic depictions. They are sensitive to certain images and will either shy away from them or point them out. NOW, I am sensitive to Rubicon's dark image avatar.
    7. Te seeking means being distracted and unorganized, getting consumed with feelings if that function doesn't correct perception.
    8. We can use Ni just like INFp's so we often look and act a lot like them rather then ENFj's and often our duals confuse us and swap each other LOL
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 08-21-2010 at 07:00 AM.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    3. They have primary Fi, which means that they are very concerned with the internal emotional lives of those they are close to, where Fe leading ENFj's get tired of Fi type of emotions and lingering feelings.
    Yeah, that's right. Maritsa has been close to the majority on here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    4.They can be demanding that others remain consistent and provide accurate information.
    Ion means economics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    5. Si activation, allows INFj's to take full relaxation and rest in pleasant and peaceful natural surroundings; you can, in several part of the forum, observe both Minde and I being attracted to natural nature surroundings.
    Plenty of trees in the forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    6. INFj's are sensitive to graphic depictions. They are sensitive to certain images and will either shy away from them or point them out. NOW, I am sensitive to Rubicon's dark image avatar.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ta-lounge.html

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    8. We can use Ni just like INFp's so we often look and act a lot like them rather then ENFj's and often our duals confuse us and swap each other LOL
    Happens all the time.

  20. #20
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default my another new theory :)

    I am watching facial and emotive movements in people and I've noticed that EIE talk with their eye brows and forehead (the older EIE get a lot of forehead lines); EII get a lot of wrinkles around their eyes. Any one else notice facial wrinkles develop in certain types.

    Here's and EIE to watch
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHPxiCQ2xZE

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,141
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    KathleenLights - ENFP

    the example of ENFJ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOLXJIas8BE
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  22. #22
    Heart Chamber Chae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    IEE 3w4
    Posts
    7,573
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I am watching facial and emotive movements in people and I've noticed that EIE talk with their eye brows and forehead (the older EIE get a lot of forehead lines); EII get a lot of wrinkles around their eyes. Any one else notice facial wrinkles develop in certain types.

    Here's and EIE to watch
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHPxiCQ2xZE
    Interesting observation, their faces have very overt expressions in general. Look at how often she uses the "contempt" clue (one-sided lip), and it is congruent with what she says i.e. this expression is valid. She reminds me of Rihanna somehow.

  23. #23
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    KathleenLights - ENFP

    the example of ENFJ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOLXJIas8BE
    She's too emotive to be enfp and enfp like EII like very natural looks not heavily made up. She likes material objects and is very store specific like high end stores. I can hardly call her a heavy humanitarian like EII and IEE

    I type Julia Roberts INFp also very emotive and dramatic

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •