Thread: Private Messages and Type

Creepy-cinq

Default Private Messages and Type

I just received a PM - something unsolicited from a 'new' member - a one liner declaring, or more precisely warning me I should not do something.

Personally, I don't care about communicating via this channel. My participation on this board is relatively restricted to posting in threads. I've received about a handful of PMs ranging from a request to elaborate on an issue to solicitations for research funds, to this new one today which I find the most bizarre. Well no, the most bizarre was to confirm by PM my identity.

In your experience with PM as a channel of communication, have you observed any patterns of usage (frequency, topic, tone and length) that would suggest an association to type?

Also, if you have any odd PM stories to share, this would be interesting too.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if it applies to socionics, but I'm guessing people who PM often are more likely to be of the sexual instinct enneagram. In your case however, looks like somebody's trollin'.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Creepy-cinq

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    I don't know if it applies to socionics, but I'm guessing people who PM often are more likely to be of the sexual instinct enneagram. In your case however, looks like somebody's trollin'.
    I'm not looking to resolve my particular PM. The PM prompted me initiate a thread on the topic to see if anyone has observed general PM patterns. The member who sent me this recent PM I suspect is norph (most probably Niffweed) under a new name.