Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 52

Thread: Final Fantasy VIII: Squall and Rinoa

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Final Fantasy VIII: Squall and Rinoa

    Is Final Fantasy's Squall an INTJ? Is Rinoa an ESFJ? And if they are, is Final Fantasy VIII a study about romantic relations between their types, and furthermore, a study in duality?

    What about Cloud Strife and Tifa? INTJ and ESFJ again? Another study in duality?

    Could this be useful for Socionics?

  2. #2
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    .......................
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Although it may seem kind of crazy to suggest a videogame storyline as a study in type relations, it seems to me consistent with Socionics. Whatever the character may be, a type must still be assigned--even unconsciously--for it to be implemented in a visual work. Otherwise it would be impossible for the characters to relate to each other.

    In particular, I thought Cloud was an exceptional portrait of an INTJ struggling with adulthood. Although the plot device of him being drugged by a fantastic form of energy seems to allow any type to fill his role, his characterization was clearly INTJ. For example, at the Junon Beach scene where a little girl has stopped breathing, Cloud's friends ask him to save her with mouth to mouth. Cloud responds, "But she's just a girl...." This timidity is a reflection of an INTJ's confusion over role function: on the one hand he knows he must save her, but at the same time he is faced with "kissing" (in a logical sense) a young girl. This is the cause of a momentary neurosis that is mitigated by Tifa's request for him to "hurry": Tifa explains the emotional situation is conductive to Cloud's actions, and rescues him from his neurosis.

    Tifa: This is bad…you don't think she's dead, do you?

    Man: Priscilla!! (checking her heartbeat) Nope…she's not breathing… Hey, that's
    it! (to Cloud) Young man, CPR, now!

    Cloud: Mouth to mouth!?

    Barret: C'mon Cloud.

    Cloud: But, she's just a girl……

    Tifa: Cloud, what are you going to do?

    Man: What? You don't know how? Come over here I'll show you.

    Cloud: Guess I gotta do it…

    Man: Just take a deep breath, hold it in. Then breathe into her. Hurry up and
    do it!

    Cloud performs the CPR to Priscilla. After that, Priscilla regained her
    consciousness.

  4. #4
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    .................................................. .......
    Have you played any of those games? I know, it seems kind of crazy to suggest a videogame storyline as a study in type relations, but it seems to me that whatever the character may be, a type must still be assigned--even unconsciously--for it to be implemented in a visual work. Otherwise it would be impossible for the characters to relate to each other.

    ........

    Maybe I should have written

    "....................."


    (Yes, I have played them. Both of them. The link in my signature is to Liberi Fatali. I know a lot about FFVIII and VII. I'll discuss some things here, if you would like to.)

    First, videogames and most films are rather unrealistic in terms of only showing one dimension of characters in terms relevant to the storyline.

    That being said,
    I'm very much like Squall. That is why I was so drawn to the game at first, because it was me on screen, in a way. I felt Squall was a little too negative about some things, and he was slightly more dedicated as a student (but look at me now, trying to get into the Honors program.....)...... So.....

    .......nevermind.

    (see, now you've got me thinking about FF8 and Squall and such...)

    I don't know if it is a true show of duality, but if you look at it through the socionics lens, then perhaps. Squall did stike me as an INTJ, and this is why I was originally floored early on (in my personality type exploration) when reading MBTI INTJ descriptions. I made the connection - Squall - INTJ -Me.

    If Rinoa is supposed to be an "Enthusaist", then that will just explain a lot of things - IF you others agree that such a character is an accurate portrayal of that personality type.

    I wonder what the rest of you all will say.




    As for Cloud and Tifa, perhaps.
    Cloud... originally had a rather limited, narrow view of the world. BUt perhaps "INTJ", maybe. Maybe......
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  5. #5
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Honestly, I'm really wondering what people think about Squall.

    http://www.zellfantasy.it/download/w...768_squall.jpg

    It's a..... an interesting subject that has come up recently.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  6. #6
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    WHat would Seifer be?
    Would Sephiroth be another INTJ?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    WHat would Seifer be?
    Would Sephiroth be another INTJ?
    Sephiroth... I'm actually very on the fence about him. Admittedly, I think he's a crosstype. I'm not sure which one, though.

    Seifer... ESTP or ESFP. One of them.

    I thought Squall came off very cold and antisocial, but later I learned he had a reason for it. Still, it seemed a little bizarre that he learned to embrace and be proud of his antisocial nature. I guess it was a part of who he was though. One can't look back on one's own past and say "I was that way then, and I'm not proud of what I've done. I can't accept that part of myself." I guess he had to accept he was antisocial. (?)

  8. #8
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You're all dumb.

    Squall, like Cloud, is an ISTp. Seifer is an ESTp, sensory subtype out the ASS. Sephiroth is probably an INTp. Rinoa is an ISFp.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  9. #9
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    WHat would Seifer be?
    Would Sephiroth be another INTJ?
    Sephiroth... I'm actually very on the fence about him. Admittedly, I think he's a crosstype. I'm not sure which one, though.

    Seifer... ESTP or ESFP. One of them.

    I thought Squall came off very cold and antisocial, but later I learned he had a reason for it. Still, it seemed a little bizarre that he learned to embrace and be proud of his antisocial nature. I guess it was a part of who he was though. One can't look back on one's own past and say "I was that way then, and I'm not proud of what I've done. I can't accept that part of myself." I guess he had to accept he was antisocial. (?)
    Squall was designed to be antisocial.

    What you said following that reads strange on this end.........
    Because I have accepted being anti-social, and I am in that very process of looking back and figuring out how to deal with my past. It's just weird.

    It's not that don't like people, I just don't like superflous conversation, and when I hear people chatting all about to and fro classes... it's annoying. I like my indepedence, too. ............ I cannot approach this subject objectively, so sorry if that's what you want. The file of "Squall" has a lot of personal material related to it.

    As for his "having" to embrace his antisociality... well, what do you expect? There's no reason to be ashamed of it, not everyone is going to be an E. And there is the whole issue of "Griever". I don't think Squall would ever be a social butterfly, but he can lose the negativity about himself, and perhaps that is part of the 'dualization' process.With Rinoa's sympathies... who knows.

    .............

    You have to remember, he was a 17 year old boy at the time. And Rinoa was probably that age, or a year younger. So they are still kids. I guess that is the essence of "fated children", and it is a story about love and growing up. But this is not neccesarrily lost on the psychological level either, despite the age. (For the longest time, I thought about bringing up FF games here, 8 especially........ but....... for various reasons I did not.)


    Aside from that, FF8 is my favorite FF because of the incredibly rich symbolism, and all of the folis for Squall. Layers of time, castles, knights, oaths, quests, missions, etc, etc.


    .......... I shouldn't write any more here. I have things I need to do. I'll be back later on, though.


    ......... heh......
    "This one's got a lot of pride"
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  10. #10
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    You're all dumb.

    Squall, like Cloud, is an ISTp. Seifer is an ESTp, sensory subtype out the ASS. Sephiroth is probably an INTp. Rinoa is an ISFp.
    I could see Rinoa being an ESFp...
    I don't think Squall is ISTp.
    # Persuasiveness. They are silver-tongued, gifted in the gentle art of winning friends and influencing people.
    # Wanderlust. They love to keep moving. They settle down only to have the urge to pick up and go, explore, move out, move on. They do not worry about finding work, and live well by their talents, skills, ingenuity, and wits.
    # Wild oats. In their childhood and adolescence, people with the Adventurous personality style were usually high-spirited hell-raisers and mischief makers.
    Those are oldhams types from the pages here, but, I don't see those necessarily as Squall.


    Sephiroth an INTp - what makes you say that?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  11. #11
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Rinoa could be ESFp.

    Squall is definitely ISTp. To the max.

    Sephiroth is INTp because he's just weird enough, and because I can't think of anything closer. Maybe ENTp.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  12. #12
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    You're all dumb.

    Squall, like Cloud, is an ISTp. Seifer is an ESTp, sensory subtype out the ASS. Sephiroth is probably an INTp. Rinoa is an ISFp.
    Agreed. Blatant ISTps.

    Too bad Tidus is an ESFp.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  13. #13
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,635
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    Rinoa could be ESFp.

    Squall is definitely ISTp. To the max.

    Sephiroth is INTp because he's just weird enough, and because I can't think of anything closer. Maybe ENTp.
    ENTj gone awry, Sephiroth. INTp Ni subtype could work.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  14. #14
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Interesting.

    Jean Gabin - the French movie actor.

    1. An iceberg in the ocean. He is obstinate, reclusive, almost always equally cold and enigmatic. His movements are quiet, precise, and very economical: other people often get an impression that his results disproportionately exceed the efforts invested. He is characterized by non-ostentatious quiet persistence and reliable accomplishment of everything he commenced, internal responsibility for deeds and modesty. Like a typical Briton, he is not ostentatious in his attitude towards work, as well as not demonstrative in revealing his feelings at all. At first he may seem to do everything coolly, carelessly. But gradually it becomes clear that his unhurriedness reflects his general tempo of life: a combination of relaxation and perfection.

    2. Talented laziness. Unlike The Seeker, he will scarcely spend his energy for futile work. He is a born inventor, but he does not hurry with the implementation of his ideas, until conditions for maximum effect will ripen. He is proud of his capability of not doing unnecessary things; adores comfort and conveniences. When performing common tasks together with somebody else, everything very easily and without pressure from his side goes the way he likes. All space accessible to him is organized ideally for work and rest. He is an aesthete who completely trusts his taste. He dresses very neatly, with taste, but as a rule not challenging convention. His skin is sensible: "a princess on a pea" must have been said about a woman of this type.

    3. Reserved richness of emotions. It is his aptitude for hiding emotions under the mask of inapproachability and coldness that makes them finely ‘polished’ and expressive (there are many actors among representatives of this type, e.g. Vladimir Vyssotsky, Adriano Celentano). He is calm under any circumstances, but calm in a different manner. He remains cold and unapproachable when he loves, and does not hurry to trust feelings of his somewhat frivolous dual (The Psychologist). He is very jealous and mistrustful: he is horrified that his emotions will be ridiculed. In dangerous situations he stubbornly fears nothing, approaches the source of danger very calmly. This is his best move – to go directly towards the opponent, and the stronger one shall prevail. This is also the main pose of the actor Jean Gabin - impertinence, non-compliance, internal correctness and courage. The more lonely he is, the more unapproachable.

    4. Goals and methods. Sometimes he may be mistaken for a lazybones and a chatterbox, especially when being without his dual for long: he speaks a lot but does nothing, as if waiting for something. In such a situation he is really waiting: for a scream for help. He will not work without a goal, and is not capable of inventing goals himself. Only The Psychologist, the ardent enthusiast, has a key, which starts up the precise and flawless mechanism of The Craftsman. As a reward The Craftsman considers the joy he has brought by his labor. He judges about sincerity of others by voice inflection, which automatically mobilizes him. Both desire and joy are often best expressed by his dual – The Psychologist – who is in addition a great specialist of finding talents and admiring them sincerely. And The Craftsman has to be a favorite, for he does not tolerate equal rewarding regardless of contribution. Only sincere feelings expressed by the eyes and intonations can win him over. .
    You think that's Squall?

    I guess #3 and #1 are pretty spot on. Some of it seems quite out of place, but so be it.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  15. #15
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey, Idea:


    Why don't you all go through the Final Fantasy series and pick out characters that are good examples of socionics types?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  16. #16
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Cloud - Stereotypical SLI
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  17. #17
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,635
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SEI Sensory sub could work for Squall, too.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  18. #18
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Could.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  19. #19
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How about Auron and Lulu? The summoner girl, and Wakka? Kimahri?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  20. #20
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What type is Garnet?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There is no way Cloud is an ISTP. TIDUS was the ISTP.

    ISTP - Observation of the facts underlying internal objective reasoning.

    Squall pointed out that his team could not afford to do without their guardian forces, even though the argument was made that they were negatively impacting their memories. He was aware of the possibilities afforded by the potential fact of deciding not to use the GF. His conclusion was that they could not do without the GFs because they were already too dependent on them to survive. Although there were downsides to using a system that negatively impacted memory recall, adaptation to the surrounding conditions took priority.

    He's like Dick Cheney -- IxTJ.

    IxTJ - Observation of the possibilities afforded by the facts underlying internal objective decisions.

    Cloud is so INTJ he couldn't be anything else. He gets in trouble whenever he tries to acclimate to a state of internal intutive readiness. (like joining SOLDIER, or "settling the score" with Sephiroth) He gets out of it whenever he uses his head.

    INTJ - Observation of the possibilities afforded by internal objective decisions.

    Sephiroth is IxFP. (like Zem)

    IxFP - Observation of the possibilities afforded by the facts underlying internal emotive activity.

    "Jenova is Sephiroths' mother. Therefore, Sephiroth can become a god by uniting with the energy of the planet."

  22. #22
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @ ^
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  23. #23
    MysticSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Cloud - ISTp
    Tidus - ESFp
    Yuna - INFj
    Seifer - ESTp
    Vivi - IXFp

    Though Vivi pwns them all.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

    "Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    Cloud - ISTp
    Tidus - ESFp
    Yuna - INFj
    Seifer - ESTp
    Vivi - IXFp

    Though Vivi pwns them all.
    Vivi is INTP. "How do we know that we exist? Maybe we don't exist...."

    Cecil - INFP in the original translation (SNES), ESTJ in the new one. (GBA)

    Barret - ENFJ

    Golbez - ISTx

    Yuffie - INFP

    Cid - ISTP


    Different storywriters often have different types in mind when they choose a character's type. It seems to depend on the companion artist's conception of the character.

    Alright Mystic Sonic--I'm calling you out on this one. Defend the notion that Cloud is ISTP. Seriously, there is the problem of Tifa and Cloud getting along so well. Cloud makes Tifa very happy with everything he does. I would call Aeris an ESFP though.

    Oh and DiscoJoe, it's not a good idea to laugh about serious things. Makes people not take you yourself seriously, you know?

  25. #25
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    There is no way Cloud is an ISTP. TIDUS was the ISTP.

    ISTP - Observation of the facts underlying internal objective reasoning.

    Squall pointed out that his team could not afford to do without their guardian forces, even though the argument was made that they were negatively impacting their memories. He was aware of the possibilities afforded by the potential fact of deciding not to use the GF. His conclusion was that they could not do without the GFs because they were already too dependent on them to survive. Although there were downsides to using a system that negatively impacted memory recall, adaptation to the surrounding conditions took priority.

    He's like Dick Cheney -- IxTJ.

    IxTJ - Observation of the possibilities afforded by the facts underlying internal objective decisions.

    Cloud is so INTJ he couldn't be anything else. He gets in trouble whenever he tries to acclimate to a state of internal intutive readiness. (like joining SOLDIER, or "settling the score" with Sephiroth) He gets out of it whenever he uses his head.

    INTJ - Observation of the possibilities afforded by internal objective decisions.

    Sephiroth is IxFP. (like Zem)

    IxFP - Observation of the possibilities afforded by the facts underlying internal emotive activity.

    "Jenova is Sephiroths' mother. Therefore, Sephiroth can become a god by uniting with the energy of the planet."


    ....... You're using MBTI, right?
    I'm just not sure, because people sometimes mean one thing but type another. (type as in write)
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  26. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    There is no way Cloud is an ISTP. TIDUS was the ISTP.

    ISTP - Observation of the facts underlying internal objective reasoning.

    Squall pointed out that his team could not afford to do without their guardian forces, even though the argument was made that they were negatively impacting their memories. He was aware of the possibilities afforded by the potential fact of deciding not to use the GF. His conclusion was that they could not do without the GFs because they were already too dependent on them to survive. Although there were downsides to using a system that negatively impacted memory recall, adaptation to the surrounding conditions took priority.

    He's like Dick Cheney -- IxTJ.

    IxTJ - Observation of the possibilities afforded by the facts underlying internal objective decisions.

    Cloud is so INTJ he couldn't be anything else. He gets in trouble whenever he tries to acclimate to a state of internal intutive readiness. (like joining SOLDIER, or "settling the score" with Sephiroth) He gets out of it whenever he uses his head.

    INTJ - Observation of the possibilities afforded by internal objective decisions.

    Sephiroth is IxFP. (like Zem)

    IxFP - Observation of the possibilities afforded by the facts underlying internal emotive activity.

    "Jenova is Sephiroths' mother. Therefore, Sephiroth can become a god by uniting with the energy of the planet."


    ....... You're using MBTI, right?
    I'm just not sure, because people sometimes mean one thing but type another. (type as in write)
    I'm using psychorelativity.

  27. #27
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    (whoever posted all those images is a "dooch" bag.) interesting stuff, though. I've thought about the multiple variations and such myself.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  28. #28
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    Oh and DiscoJoe, it's not a good idea to laugh about serious things. Makes people not take you yourself seriously, you know?
    Thank you, Balthasar Gracian.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  29. #29
    MysticSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "Alright Mystic Sonic--I'm calling you out on this one. Defend the notion that Cloud is ISTP"

    No.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

    "Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

  30. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    (whoever posted all those images is a "dooch" bag.) interesting stuff, though. I've thought about the multiple variations and such myself.
    Yeah I took care of them.

    It's very difficult to think like a crosstype when you're not one. :\ It seems like something you can manage for just a moment... and then... *bing* it's gone.

    Zidane - ESFJ

    The Emperor (FFII) - xxxP (he was a piece of work...) There was another character of that type in Final Fantasy Legend (SaGa), a "creator god" who toyed with people for his own amusement...

    Celes - ENTJ

    Kefka - ENxP

    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    "Alright Mystic Sonic--I'm calling you out on this one. Defend the notion that Cloud is ISTP"

    No.
    Well he clearly isn't. Let it rest then: he's INTJ.

  31. #31
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I wonder if any of the Final Fantasy characters are autistic... :wink:
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  32. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside
    I wonder if any of the Final Fantasy characters are autistic... :wink:
    Exdeath?

    Maybe some Cids.

    ...Wait. Ultimecia? I don't think it's a good idea to talk about "autism". I don't think it exists anymore. I mean, seriously, introverted geniuses are getting put in the same group with MRDDs.

  33. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChibiKeba
    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    Celes - ENTJ

    Kefka - ENxP
    Oh awesome! I'd always wondered about the FF6 characters, especially Kefka's crazy ass :wink: Love that game so much...
    What about Terra, Edgar, Locke, Relm, Mog, Sabin, Gau, Strago, Cyan, etc...?

    FF4 is great too, what types do you guys think Kain, Rydia, Rose, Cycil, etc fit into?
    I thought most of FF6s characters were poorly defined typewise. Although I'm sure if you analyzed them enough their types would be apparent....

  34. #34
    Creepy-aurora_faerie

    Default

    I wish I knew more about this. I should have played FF more.

  35. #35
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    eh, it is what it is. Some good stories, though...
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  36. #36
    MysticSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    FF6 had a pretty shitty story.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

    "Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

  37. #37
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,635
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    FF6 had a pretty shitty story.
    I'd say totally shitty.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  38. #38
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,827
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    not everybody hates it
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  39. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I changed my mind about Rinoa. She's definitely too self-confident to be an ESFJ, or an ISFJ. My assertation now is that she is xSFJ, which means that her functions interact without regard to orientation. (think "super confidence")

    She seems to represent Squall's fraternity with his peers, and his evolving relationship with the outside world, which she incarnates.

  40. #40
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside
    I wonder if any of the Final Fantasy characters are autistic... :wink:
    LOL
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •