Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Kathleen Hanna

beta NF? SEE?

wiki: Kathleen Hanna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

photos: kathleen hanna - Google Search

(idk how to paste photos directly here?)

quotes:

"What (some) bands do is go, 'It's not important that I'm a girl, it's just important that I want to rock.' And that's cool. But that's more of an assimilationist thing. It's like they just want to be allowed to join the world as it is; whereas I'm more into revolution and radicalism and changing the whole structure. What I'm into is making the world different for me to live in"

"It's not taking my perspective into account cause I did that shit for fucking seven years and it's not funny to me. I have to deal with sexism every day so it's like maybe boys can find that really funny and humorous, I don't have the luxury to find that humorous. I live it every fucking day. That's not funny to me, and if I say it's not funny, it's not funny. You know what I mean? It's like there's no argument there, whether it's funny or not, if I say I don't find it funny it means, 'hey, be cool to me and respect me, your joke is not my joke."

"What I'm saying is that I think that way that masculinity has been constructed in our society is fucking boys up. Because, even if you just look at it on a personal level, it's like, I can't hang out with boys who haven't educated themselves or been educated in some meaningful way about sexism. And so it's like, the guys who wanna be friends with me are just gonna miss out, you know? And I happen to think I am a pretty cool friend to have, you know what I mean? The way I look at it, it's just a lot more complex than saying white man equals evil (although that is a perfectly fine thing to say sometimes). "

"They’re wearing their “I hate girls” t-shirts, riding their bikes. We spend all this time trying to convince them that we’re cool rather than hanging out with each other. That’s something that I’ve learned from being in Bikini Kill. I was really nervous about being onstage with the band that I was in before. We toured and I spent a lot of time explaining to boys that what I was going was valid instead of really getting in touch at shows with the girls who were there. Guys would come up to me and ask me if I was a man-hater. I would sit there and explain and explain. Really I was wasting my energy. I still get really nervous before we have to play. So we came up with four points that we use to respond to guys. If they’re cool, then maybe a dialogue will happen. But id they’re not cool, they get all four answers."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some ENXx type other than ENFp would be my wild guess, EJ-Ni>ENTp

TIM
    Alpha NT?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think SEE sounds about right; she's an extroverted feeler for whom Te>Ti and Se>Si. IEE is another possibility, but seems less likely.

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

bump.

i've found a couple youtube interviews and i'm feeling pretty confident about xEE now, so i'm wondering between SEE and IEE. or, if there's any opinions separate from that, why.

also i'm a little bit in love with her so i want a bigger thread about her. :wink: GO.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEE

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)