Thread: Subtype systems - how are they related?

TIM
    LII-IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Subtype systems - how are they related?

Many or most people on this forum still don't understand how the different subtype systems are related. A lot of people here don't even seem to understand the system of accepting an producing subtypes, even though they frequently use it...

There are two ways of looking at subtypes:
    1.) dichotomies
    2.) function
    Each and every subtype system is based on a subdivision of certain Jungian dichotomies which implies a strengthening of certain functions.

The system of accepting and producing subtypes simply subdivides the fourth Jungian dichotomy, rationality and irrationality. In that system you are not only rational or irrational - you can be very rational, quite rational, quite irrational or very irrational. This subdivision implies a strengthening of certain functions.
    Examples:
    An LII is a rational type so there are very rational and quite rational LIIs. As the rational functions of an LII are accepting functions, a very rational LII is called accepting (or Ti-LII accoring to his base function) and a quite rational LII is called producing (or Ne-LII according to his creative function).
    For ILE it is the other way round. An ILE can either be very irrational or quite irrational. An ILE's irrationial functions are accepting while the rational functions are producing.
    In my opinion it would be much better to call the subtypes acc-LII and prod-ILE instead of Ti-LII and Ti-ILE because not only the functions in the Ego block are strengthened. Using 8 subtypes, my self-typing is Ni-LII so I don't like to call myself a Ne-LII in that system...

The system of DCNH subtypes additionally subdivides the first Jungian dichotomy, introversion and extraversion. Some people on this forum are of the opinion that DCNH is not necessarily related to the system of accepting and producing subtypes so it would be possible to be both Ne-ILE and D-ILE. That is obviously ridiculous because Ne-ILE means nothing but the irrational subtype of ILE while a D-ILE is the extraverted-rational subtype. It makes no sense that, using 2 subtypes, you are the irrational one but, using 4 subtypes, you are suddenly the rational one. Simply stupid...

If you are more introverted and more rational then your introverted rational functions, Ti and Fi, are strengthened in comparison to an average representative of your type. In my opinion this strengthening works block-wise: A normalizing ILE, for example has strengthened Ti compared to Ne and strengthened Fi compared to Se. The reason for this assumption is that DCNH can be expanded by subdividing the second and third Jungian dichotomy:

The system of information element subtypes is based on DCNH. For irrational subtypes the second Jungian dichotomy is subdivided, for rational subtypes the third. Example: In DCNH I am the introverted-irrational subtype ("harmonizer") so I can find my information element subtype by subdividing the second Jungian dichotomy. I am clearly a very intuitive person, not sensory at all which means that I am a Ni-LII.

The system of complete subtypes is based on a subdivision of all Jungian dichotomies. I am very introverted (Ixxx-Ixxx), very intuitive (INxx-INxx), quite logical (INTx-INFx), quite rational (INTj-INFp). That's how it works...

The problem I have with DCNH is that Gulenko says both Ni and Si are strengthened in the H-subtype. But that can't be true in the absolute sense because an INTj-INFp should not have stronger Si than an average INTj. So this strengthening of functions in DCNH has to be interpreted block-wise. For an H-INTj some psychic energy from the Te-function is transfered to the Ni-function and some psychic energy from the Fe-function is transfered to the Si-function. But INTj's Fe is extremely weak so his Si doesn't get much energy from it and is still a bit weaker than the Si of an average INTj.
    Does this interpretation make sense?
    EDIT: No, not really. What about an INTj-ISFp with very strong Si? Where does his Si get its energy from? Certainly not from the Fe-function...
    Last edited by JohnDo; 08-15-2010 at 09:58 PM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If all the different subtype systems do not on some level represent the same phenomenon, they are useless due to the excessive, unworkable complexity they would give rise to.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Small Hierarchy of INTj

................... D-INTj
    ........ Ti-INTj
    ................... N-INTj
    INTj -
    ................... C-INTj
    ........ Ne-INTj
    ................... H-INTj