I have an ENFj friend. He is currently sort of my best friend (about a year now). He has a lot of emotional influence over me. Lately through, it appears that he is intentional saying things or doing things that, upon reflection, could be explained as intentionally messing with my mood and causing me insecurity. This is most pronounced when he is out hanging out with an INTp friend of mine. I'll go into more detail about this later in this post.

I befriended the INTp friend about a year ago. About 6 months ago, the ENFj and INTp met each other. Several hang out later, it appears that the ENFj shifted a lot of attention from me to the INTp. (eg. calling him a lot).

At about the same time, I got into a complex situation in a temperory workplace that I was working at. I wouldn't want to go into too much detail. It was caused my poor ability to read social situation and say the appropriate thing - I have been working in a technical field and this temperory job that isn't technical and is filled with non-technical people - some aren't that bright either. The result was an unpleasant emotional scar with several situation that I got into. The ENFj has been playing with my scar by painting image of that situation with speech and alluring to it - even after I told him it wasn't funny.

This last couple of week, when three of us are together, the ENFj would drop an inside reference with the INTp, then when i ask what does that mean, he would say "oh it's nothing and you wouldn't understand it".

Another time, he would call me and at some point, he would say he's going to eat bbq with the INTp and when I ask further: he would say something like (forgot the exact quote) "oh you have to ask in order to know and to be invited". The next time we three hang out, he was asserting leadership and put a lot of effort into influencing the INTp.

I feel like he is trying to get me jealous and thinking they are best buddy and I have been excluded.

Would an ENFj intentionally do that? Does anyone know what is the ENFj's doing? What game is he playing? Did this happen because I lost his respect? I feel like I have fallen into some kind of (emotional?) game where the ENFj is anticipating my reaction and setting things up so that I move according to his will. Please help.