Thread: Examples of possible famous/celebrity ILIs-INTps

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Ti is, and has always been, strongly linked to subjectivism. Like so many other people here, you are an idiot on this matter.
    The way you go about your philosophical positions is incredibly Ti in nature. As you would say, "this is indisputable and objective."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    Whatever, it's silly for us to assume so much about this girl's type over a few videos. The best information we can give, it seems, is misinformation. I think approaching her directly would be a good idea. Ultimately, she would have to be the one to decide what fits her.
    Um yeah. I'd have to agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy View Post
    Pop psychology isn't rocket science.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    The way you go about your philosophical positions is incredibly Ti in nature. As you would say, "this is indisputable and objective."
    It is totally not Ti, and that is a fact that can be easily be proven if you would just bother to read some functions descriptions and try to understand how they relate to the real types. My behaviour is incredibly creative Te in nature. And the firmness in my convictions, the way I always am seeking the correct theory, the correct theoretical framework, is related to Ni. Nothing of what I say here is anything controversial among serious socionists.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is totally not Ti, and that is a fact that can be easily be proven if you would just bother to read some functions descriptions and try to understand how they relate to the real types. My behaviour is incredibly creative Te in nature. And the firmness in my convictions, the way I always am seeking the correct theory, the correct theoretical framework, is related to Ni. Nothing of what I say here is anything controversial among serious socionists.
    So, let's see, you are not Ti because some random internet site has some description which you deem as objective truth and don't identify with; you're Te because you say so; seeking the correct framework is Ni; and all "serious" socionists agree with you. Are you serious? Ti is the function that works through frameworks. Frameworks are static, not dynamic. Learn the functions, oh-great-master of objectivity.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Oke let me rephrase to everybody who thinks she is an INFP.

What makes her an INFP?

BTW arguments like 'strong ti' seems just another way of saying she is a logical type.
    You're talking of Myers-Briggs concepts, not socionics. In socionics, an ILI is differentiated from an IEI by the kind of "logic" they tend to use, as much as by the logic's "strength". This is not something new or revolutionary, except to those who prefer to insist on going to socionics typing "via" Myers-Briggs.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    You're talking of Myers-Briggs concepts, not socionics. In socionics, an ILI is differentiated from an IEI by the kind of "logic" they tend to use, as much as by the logic's "strength". This is not something new or revolutionary, except to those who prefer to insist on going to socionics typing "via" Myers-Briggs.
    So I should dismiss the Fe in INFP and just look if she uses Te or Ti?

I find that not only a detour but also dismissing a critical ego function.
    Last edited by Jarno; 10-07-2008 at 10:30 AM.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An Ni subtype emphasizes Ti and Ni the most, and thus will not appear as "Fe" as some of its counterparts. But just because you don't see blatant emotional expression, does not mean the person isn't processing things in an Fe way - internal causality. In fact, Fe is not inherently about emotional expression at all, so I really hope you're not alluding to anything in that arena, as it would be highly erroneous.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, let's see, you are not Ti because some random internet site has some description which you deem as objective truth and don't identify with; you're Te because you say so; seeking the correct framework is Ni; and all "serious" socionists agree with you. Are you serious? Ti is the function that works through frameworks.
    Exactly. You are perfectly right about that. But that is not what I said that I was doing, nor is it what I am in fact doing. Trying to find the correct framework, the true framework, is something totally different from seeing things through a framework, and it is totally different from how you describe Ti here, and it is totally different from how Ti is described in the socionic literature. You simply confuse these functions.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    You're talking of Myers-Briggs concepts, not socionics.
    You don't understand MBTT, Expat, so shut the fuck up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    In socionics, an ILI is differentiated from an IEI by the kind of "logic" they tend to use, as much as by the logic's "strength". This is not something new or revolutionary, except to those who prefer to insist on going to socionics typing "via" Myers-Briggs.
    It is the exact same difference between INTPs and INFps in MBTT. You fucking stupid idiot. When will you learn the basics?

Creepy-Cyclops

I'm under the impression that Expat is typing recently by what functions a person seeks rather than what they demonstrate.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is the exact same difference between INTPs and INFps in MBTT.
    No.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I'm under the impression that Expat is typing recently by what functions a person seeks rather than what they demonstrate.
    me too, and that's a bad development, since ego functions are most obvious to notice.

You could try to see if someone is a negro by measering his nose, but it's easyer to see if he's black.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

me too, and that's a bad development, since ego functions are most obvious to notice.

You could try to see if someone is a negro by measering his nose, but it's easyer to see if he's black.
    lol you racist nigga

I'm sure phaedrus could give us objective correlations between nose size/length and skin darkness/lightness, lol.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. You are perfectly right about that. But that is not what I said that I was doing, nor is it what I am in fact doing. Trying to find the correct framework, the true framework, is something totally different from seeing things through a framework, and it is totally different from how you describe Ti here, and it is totally different from how Ti is described in the socionic literature. You simply confuse these functions.
    well put, and also sums up pretty accurately the simple concept which almost everyone on this board cannot understand because they are pathetic morons.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes although I don't know many INTP girls, this one probably is.

Especially because of her slow 'word finding' speach.
    I just met a guy a couple weeks ago who had the exact same personality as this girl. Even some of the topics we talked about were similar. I found myself wanting to hang out with him all night at the exclusion of everyone else. I read here people are also typing her IEI, but I tend to agree with what you said back then...she is INxp, could possibly be "the philosopher" INTp.

For those who are wondering, I am talking about existentialistcat from youtube. The socionics video list has her as ESI -Se. Well then.....

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An Ni subtype emphasizes Ti and Ni the most, and thus will not appear as "Fe" as some of its counterparts. But just because you don't see blatant emotional expression, does not mean the person isn't processing things in an Fe way - internal causality. In fact, Fe is not inherently about emotional expression at all, so I really hope you're not alluding to anything in that arena, as it would be highly erroneous.
    I realize this is an old topic, an old conversation, in a old thread. Still, I would be very curious to hear about your opinion on the bolded in more detail? If not about emotional expression, or even just expression, what would you see Fe as being inherent to?

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    I just met a guy a couple weeks ago who had the exact same personality as this girl. Even some of the topics we talked about were similar. I found myself wanting to hang out with him all night at the exclusion of everyone else. I read here people are also typing her IEI, but I tend to agree with what you said back then...she is INxp, could possibly be "the philosopher" INTp.

For those who are wondering, I am talking about existentialistcat from youtube. The socionics video list has her as ESI -Se. Well then.....
    I'm curious about this as well. I should start by saying that I'm still considering INTp. I gravitate to the same topics as her and have a similar sense of humor as well as a similar demeanor. I think the slow speech and sort of flowing personality might have more to do with Harmonizing subtype under DCNH so I'm not sure about Jarno's claim. One thing that I've heard and I'm pretty sure to be true just based on empirical evidence is that types communicate their creative function so ILIs are very technical in their speech (see Sergey Brin and SG Collins) and IEIs have a certain emotive flair (see Christy Mack and, i don't know, other IEIs) rather than a philosophical bent. At least that's what I've seen to be the case. The base function is more like a backdrop. All that said, even though I mentioned there are parallels between existentialistcat and me, she has a certain aesthetic that I relate to IXFx's specifically EIIs and *some* IEIs (who might actually be EIIs). Maybe she is EIE? It seems like a fair compromise in that I relate with here demeanor and how she communicates (Ni creative) but she strikes more as ethical. OR Maybe I'm just an ILI and so is she and I'm completely wrong.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    I'm curious about this as well. I should start by saying that I'm still considering INTp. I gravitate to the same topics as her and have a similar sense of humor as well as a similar demeanor. I think the slow speech and sort of flowing personality might have more to do with Harmonizing subtype under DCNH so I'm not sure about Jarno's claim. One thing that I've heard and I'm pretty sure to be true just based on empirical evidence is that types communicate their creative function so ILIs are very technical in their speech (see Sergey Brin and SG Collins) and IEIs have a certain emotive flair (see Christy Mack and, i don't know, other IEIs) rather than a philosophical bent. At least that's what I've seen to be the case. The base function is more like a backdrop. All that said, even though I mentioned there are parallels between existentialistcat and me, she has a certain aesthetic that I relate to IXFx's specifically EIIs and *some* IEIs (who might actually be EIIs). Maybe she is EIE? It seems like a fair compromise in that I relate with here demeanor and how she communicates (Ni creative) but she strikes more as ethical. OR Maybe I'm just an ILI and so is she and I'm completely wrong.
    Haha, make up your mind man! hahahah

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, make up your mind man! hahahah
    Dude, I don't know. This is the chaos I'm living in all of the time.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She is absolutely not EIE.

She's super dry in a delta> gamma way.
    I don't see ILI.

I vote delta intro.

( I also vote Contra as ILI-Te).
    Orrrr LIE-Te. Similiar to Narc (who I also think is Te subtype- not Ni).

I know 2 Ni subtypes irl and dated an Te. There's not a huge difference but Nis are much more laxed (and get my humor more). Ni.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    She is absolutely not EIE.

She's super dry in a delta> gamma way.
    I don't see ILI.

I vote delta intro.

( I also vote Contra as ILI-Te).
    Orrrr LIE-Te. Similiar to Narc (who I also think is Te subtype- not Ni).

I know 2 Ni subtypes irl and dated an Te. There's not a huge difference but Nis are much more laxed (and get my humor more). Ni.
    Hmmm... I'm probably going to make a type me thread pretty soon, complete with a video. I could be an LIE-Te except I'm pretty relaxed naturally. I do think Im the same subtype as Narc if Im LIE. I relate with Peter Thiel a lot who is LIE-Te, but I don't really relate with Sergey Brin who I think is ILI-Te. Ultimately, I don't really know, hence the future type me thread.

Not trying to hijack this thread (not that it really matters there are like hardly any famous ILIs anyway), the girl is probably either EII, ILI, or IEI in all seriousness.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, Narc and I are friends.. He thinks he's Ni because he doesn't get along with ESI-Fis ( I just think he hasn't met a cool one yet). But imo... He's Te. He gets annoyed when I get all Ni-seeking and most of our convos are very Te. You two are pretty similiar in vibes.
    I'm friends with him on fb... well... when my profile was active. He and I kind of VI similarly and I can tell there are similarities. I get along well with the more energetic ESIs. I get along fine with the low energy ESIs but one on one conversation is somewhat hard. Most of the time all I'd like to talk about is Ni so that kind of surprises me.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm... I'm probably going to make a type me thread pretty soon, complete with a video. I could be an LIE-Te except I'm pretty relaxed naturally. I do think Im the same subtype as Narc if Im LIE. I relate with Peter Thiel a lot who is LIE-Te, but I don't really relate with Sergey Brin who I think is ILI-Te. Ultimately, I don't really know, hence the future type me thread.

Not trying to hijack this thread (not that it really matters there are like hardly any famous ILIs anyway), the girl is probably either EII, ILI, or IEI in all seriousness.
    Those guys are all about super serious business time. I think thats where your hangups are stemming from. Te, extroverted logic, is not necessarily about business, corporation, technology. In simplest terms its just about the logic, act, of actions. People who are sunk into the business world really are not the only people who out there who are Te, Ej type.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those guys are all about super serious business time.
    What do you mean?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a conventional sense, would you consider yourself an introvert, or an extrovert?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean?
    I edited for greater detail.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a conventional sense, would you consider yourself an introvert, or an extrovert?
    introverted. but my energy can really burst out when I'm around people. I can be the center of attention in large groups when I know the people and get along with most of them.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

introverted. but my energy can really burst out when I'm around people. I can be the center of attention in large groups when I know the people and get along with most of them.
    Not unusual for an introvert to burst out from time to time. I am the same way for moments in time. Would gladly talk about this in your type me thread.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those guys are all about super serious business time. I think thats where your hangups are stemming from. Te, extroverted logic, is not necessarily about business, corporation, technology. In simplest terms its just about the logic, act, of actions. People who are sunk into the business world really are not the only people who out there who are Te, Ej type.
    Well sure. I know that. I assumed Peter Thiel was ILI for a really long time because his cognition is so similar to mine, but I was corrected by socionics britannica and he is apparently an LIE-D. Based on my impressions of ILIs and LIEs, at this point, I agree with them. I'd say most prominent people in the business world aren't LIE as I think Ni creatives are somewhat rare actually and not necessarily attracted to business.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not unusual for an introvert to burst out from time to time. I am the same way for moments in time. Would gladly talk about this in your type me thread.
    sounds good.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Contra.

plus... I get the vibe you and lungs would get along well in terms of communication n stuff... The super Fi-Te.

Too much Fi... Grosses me out tbh. I'd read into it and actually think I wasn't ESI .. But eh... It fits me in terms of Se subtype.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Contra.

plus... I get the vibe you and lungs would get along well in terms of communication n stuff... The super Fi-Te.
    yeah I don't really know her but it's very possible.

Too much Fi... Grosses me out tbh. I'd read into it and actually think I wasn't ESI .. But eh... It fits me in terms of Se subtype.
    Yeah I don't know that I really know the differences in the subtypes, but you remind me of my ESI friend who is very chilled out. You express yourself in the same way and talk about the same things too.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I realize this is an old topic, an old conversation, in a old thread. Still, I would be very curious to hear about your opinion on the bolded in more detail? If not about emotional expression, or even just expression, what would you see Fe as being inherent to?
    by 'internal causality' I was just getting at how Fe sees things in terms of sequential meaning -- internal trajectories. obviously honing in on certain emotional cues is an external expression of the function in a certain mode, I just don't think it's its primary defining feature. Te sees things in terms of sequential order, and you can see the difference in how they each relate historical events, and approach history in general. where the evolution of Te expands, with Fe it involutes; the former will usually note a sequence of actions of a person insofar as they serve as a kind of barometer for the state of resonance Fi establishes to balance it, whereas the latter looks for what's going on 'within' the sequence and externalizes it via Ti. I've seen Te valuers seem more emotionally involved, and Fe valuers subdued; the difference lies in how Fe valuers always know how an interaction is 'moving' for each of them, the rhythm is implicit and Fe simply builds upon it; whereas for Fi valuers it's about where they stand and the interaction progresses with either more or less linearity.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 'internal causality' I was just getting at how Fe sees things in terms of sequential meaning -- internal trajectories. obviously honing in on certain emotional cues is an external expression of the function in a certain mode, I just don't think it's its primary defining feature. Te sees things in terms of sequential order, and you can see the difference in how they each relate historical events, and approach history in general. where the evolution of Te expands, with Fe it involutes; the former will usually note a sequence of actions of a person insofar as they serve as a kind of barometer for the state of resonance Fi establishes to balance it, whereas the latter looks for what's going on 'within' the sequence and externalizes it via Ti. I've seen Te valuers seem more emotionally involved, and Fe valuers subdued; the difference lies in how Fe valuers always know how an interaction is 'moving' for each of them, the rhythm is implicit and Fe simply builds upon it; whereas for Fi valuers it's about where they stand and the interaction progresses with either more or less linearity.
    I would really like to come back to this.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Patrick Moore, possibly.

He was an astronomer and the presenter of The Sky At Night (he presented it for 56 years, which is a record for any TV show - he was essentially the astronomical version of David Attenborough).

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wizzrobe
    Westballz - IEI
    Last edited by nifl; 11-12-2022 at 05:29 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456