Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Examples of possible famous/celebrity ILIs-INTps

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    i have to admit i really appreciate that you've listed claudia black here (and ganin as well.) i have been told by a few forum members that we share a resemblance. i think a couple people think she may be ISTj, as well. it's that whole requirements-for-working-in-a-movie that gives her such a dominating physical appearance.

pics

i should read more about her!

also: are you typing the cast of clue on purpose or is it accidental? what a great movie.
    I don't see ISTj in Claudia Black. As for "dominating," I personally do not find ISTjs to be as "controlling" and "intimidating" as some have made them out to be on these sites. Could be the nature of my dynamic with them, but in my experience they simply strike me as being tough-MINDED in their knee-jerk skepticism, nothing more.

That is hilarious that you noticed the Clue trend! Wow!!!! No, that was NOT on purpose!!! But I agree, that is a great movie! Too funny!

[hr:89bd7c8862]

Quote Originally Posted by Quirk Satellite Div.
    I'm not sure if socionics.com is such a reputable source for typings.
    I first began considering socionics.com's V.I. assertions in early 2000. I was a skeptic for years. Then, slowly and periodically began considering his suggestions for each type. Measured it against my own observations and experience with people. Took a long time but I finally came around. I think Ganin's typings are thus far the most accurate on the web, by a landslide. Not that I affirm that all his celeb suggestions are 100% accurate. I don't know (yet).

[b]By what means are you identifying these people? I see a trend in facial structure in some of them, however I don't think those common characteristics are the one's that identify INTp's.
    I base my V.I. on perceived energy patterns. Certain physical characteristics may happen to magnify these, but alone are not the keys.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Possible INTps - Take Two

Natalie Wood

Never saw her on film though. EDIT - 25.05.2007: Watching her in West Side Story now. Definitely ||'s Diane Lane in a lot of ways, but am not positive about their type (haven't known many INTp's IRL to validate *this* particular look against). Natalie is a mere suggestion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    Maribel Verdú
    Interesting suggestion, thank you so much!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    Mary-cate Olsen and Ashley Olsen (twins from "Full House" series) are INTP's as I've read somewhere.
    Huh. Interesting. Now that I look online ... Ashley does look INTp. For example,

Not her sister, though.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if socionics.com is such a reputable source for typings. By what means are you identifying these people? I see a trend in facial structure in some of them, however I don't think those common characteristics are the one's that identify INTp's.

then which are the common characteristics? i'm curious, i don't think this has even been clarified, aside from perhaps the altered description on socionics.com.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have absolutely no idea whatsoever why certain of these people are under consideration as ILI.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    i have absolutely no idea whatsoever why certain of these people are under consideration as ILI.

you find marie curie as INTp (or any NT, really!) that unreasonable? some of the others i'd question, i agree. i was a little skeptical of darryl hannah, honestly, but after checking her website it's easier to see why she'd be part of a Ni/Se quadra, and probably NT.

thread referencing hannah. i'll move this to astralsilky's post as well.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

marie curie is absolutely the exception, and the thread on darryl hannah as Ni makes some sense. nonetheless, i still think that most of the typings in this thread are pretty dubious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    marie curie is absolutely the exception, and the thread on darryl hannah as Ni makes some sense. nonetheless, i still think that most of the typings in this thread are pretty dubious.
    That's fine. You're entitled to your opinion. It's good to doubt.

It would be interesting, though, to see who you might contribute as a potential INTp to this thread - i.e., if you have any suggestions.

Also, maybe I'm wrong here, but I still perceive a lot of dominant Ti in your posts.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    It would be interesting, though, to see who you might contribute as a potential INTp to this thread - i.e., if you have any suggestions.
    a couple people who i've thrown out as ILI in the past:

harry partch

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWr_MOVIvj4[/youtube]

steve somers

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKO73aEzpNg[/youtube]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5hErbJXMac[/youtube]
    (edit: i meant to say latter is entirely sound)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

J.K. Rowling

On a side note, she V.I.s like the actress Laura Dern (from Jurassic Park):

Out of range. Please call your service provider.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if socionics.com is such a reputable source for typings. By what means are you identifying these people? I see a trend in facial structure in some of them, however I don't think those common characteristics are the one's that identify INTp's.

then which are the common characteristics? i'm curious, i don't think this has even been clarified, aside from perhaps the altered description on socionics.com.
    Well, what I noticed on the people that Astralsilky typed at the beginning of the thread, excluding Marie Curie, were a long rectangular face, a flat area around the nose, with a clear jaw-line, and a jaw that sticks slightly ahead of the rest of the face. And that was sort of my point- that facial structure really hasn't been defined, only the expression given usually by INTp's. I saw those facial features on the people Astralsilky listed, and with the lack of explanation for the typings, I thought that he or she was heavily basing the typings upon these VI features.

I first began considering socionics.com's V.I. assertions in early 2000. I was a skeptic for years. Then, slowly and periodically began considering his suggestions for each type. Measured it against my own observations and experience with people. Took a long time but I finally came around. I think Ganin's typings are thus far the most accurate on the web, by a landslide. Not that I affirm that all his celeb suggestions are 100% accurate. I don't know (yet).
    Although I am no expert on Ganin's work, I believe a few other members on this board more learned aren't to trustworthy of Ganin's typings and type descriptions. I will look around on this board to see if there are any threads dedicated to evaluating Ganin's information. I think the typings at socionics.us, for one, are leaps and bounds better than Ganin's.

I base my V.I. on perceived energy patterns. Certain physical characteristics may happen to magnify these, but alone are not the keys.
    Then what would these energy patterns be? Are you talking about the expression given by a person?
    PoLR
    Suggestive Function

Regular Double-shot Espresso Subtype

Just because I'm a thinking type doesn't mean I'm not an idiot.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I am no expert on Ganin's work, I believe a few other members on this board more learned aren't to trustworthy of Ganin's typings and type descriptions. I will look around on this board to see if there are any threads dedicated to evaluating Ganin's information. I think the typings at socionics.us, for one, are leaps and bounds better than Ganin's.
    Rick at socionics.us makes a point of checking the perception of a person's personality through VI - preferably through videos rather than pictures - with what is known of the person's biography and personality. Ganin's VI typings seem to rely solely on VI itself, without doing that check.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then what would these energy patterns be? Are you talking about the expression given by a person?
    The eyes, certain facial expressions/motional patterns (at a very fine level), and ultimately, an "energy" I can't ontologically explain the reasons for at this point. I've also drawn my own sketches and conceptual** grids (which I keep refining) that I sometimes use to verify types through, so I have multiple, stable reference points to fall back on. But again, these are still under development.

** subjective, visual associations i have with each type

[hr:d064271dfc]

Looks like another possible INTp:

this actress

Shawnee Smith (or else, another super-ego hiccup)

She was on some TV show called Becker, for a while.

[hr:d064271dfc]

Thanks for all your contributions thus far. Please share more, if you have them!! And if anyone can validate any possible INTps I've proposed (yay's/nay's, & perhaps why), that would be appreciated.

FYI, if you haven't already noticed, I've EDITed two posts near the start of this thread (re: Madeline Kahn, Natalie Wood).

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Becker

Looks like another possible INTp:

this actress

Shawnee Smith

direct link direct link direct link

interview

She was on some TV show called Becker, for a while.
    I'm not commenting on whether this actress is or is not ILI ... it's the Becker reference I'm commenting on. (She's a total quirky something-or-other in that show -- for one thing) but the main thing I mean is that in our household of dual SEE/ILI husband/wife we loved that show (Becker) --with me, the ILI, loving it way more than my SEE hubby. It ain't no "some show called Becker"
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Becker

Quote Originally Posted by crazymaisy
    (She's a total quirky something-or-other in that show -- for one thing)
    Yes, she is.

Quote Originally Posted by crazymaisy
    (but the main thing I mean is that in our household of dual SEE/ILI husband/wife we loved that show (Becker) --with me, the ILI, loving it way more than my SEE hubby. It ain't no "some show called Becker"
    Hi crazymaisy,

I haven't watched much TV in a long time, so I have no idea how popular the show ever got --> how likely a reader would recognize the name --> hence, the expression. I never even heard of Becker until maybe a month ago ... what I'm saying is, I didn't mean to imply anything derogatory with my original statement.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[s:b06f62e948]Jack Wild

He played "the artful Dodger" in the musical, Oliver! ~ as Oliver's (SEE) special friend

Eddie Kaye Thomas

As already asserted on other sites:

George Harrison

MAYBE ???

Neil Finn

If Neil Finn (formerly of Split Enz, Crowded House) is indeed INTp, then he's got a lot of dual overtones (keeping in mind that one often does increasingly look like one's dual over time).[/s:b06f62e948]

under re-evaluation

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EDIT: [s:e85a7e8330]Michael Landon[/s:e85a7e8330] nm

Karen Carpenter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eva Longoria

though I admit I also see her superego. Maybe she's ISFp but I'm perceiving her INTp superego. Same thing happens to me with Johnny Depp ...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack Wild

He played "the artful Dodger" in the musical, Oliver! ~ as Oliver's (SEE) special friend
    You know, that's a good literary example of an ESTp-INFp dual relationship, or maybe ENTp-ISFp (Oliver as IxFp!). I'm going based on the movie/musical.

Eddie Kaye Thomas

Looks intuitive to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sienna Miller

[s:d882052e9e]Is Jude Law ESFp?[/s:d882052e9e]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People don't always end up with their dual, you know.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KSpin
    People don't always end up with their dual, you know.
    Umm, that's sort of obvious, don't you think??

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Living famous INTPs in academia

Do you know of any?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe Edward Witten, inventor of M-theory (=follow up of string theory)

He looks kinda goofy

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that he is ENTP actually.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andie MacDowell

Ya think?

She fits my classic conception of INTp, anyway.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she's definitely intuitive(and probably introverted intuitive), but perhaps she is INFj. She plays a lot of stereotypeical T women roles from the two movies i've watched with her in the cast.
    asd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    she's definitely intuitive(and probably introverted intuitive), but perhaps she is INFj. She plays a lot of stereotypeical T women roles from the two movies i've watched with her in the cast.
    Heath, do you have any INTps to post?

As you can see, I'm not having the best of luck with these ... especially the female variety.

btw, thank you for your opinion.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTp is the type i have difficult indentifying. Gamma in general..
    asd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    INTp is the type i have difficult indentifying. Gamma in general..
    OK, thanks anyway.

Some types are hard to find celebs for and INTp is one of them, IMO.

(Btw, I still think Andie might be INTp. And not INFj.)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Sienna Miller and Jude Law are both ENFps. Jude Law is listed as one on Socioniko.net
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

As you can see, I'm not having the best of luck with these ... especially the female variety.
    heh, you sure aren't You can scratch Demi Moore of too, she's definetly not INTp. Maybe ISTj.

Marie Curie seems pretty certain INTp.

Yes, finding famous INTp's could be difficult, especially females. Because there probably aren't that many.

But here's someone who sure is:
    Phil Ivey

One of the best poker players in the world. For example known from being impossible to read, among other very INTp traits, wich I'm too lazy to write. Anyway it's very obvious if you just look at him on tv.

Probably many other famous poker players are INTp's also (Chris Ferguson, John Juanda) , and some might be INTj's (Allen Cunningham, Huck Seed).
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think mary-kate is INFp and ashley is INTp but i cud be wrong- who cud tell the two apart anyway?
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since Maria Curie-Sklodowska is a mentor of my high school,
    I can tell you she`s INTj.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for sharing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Probably many other famous poker players are INTp's also (Chris Ferguson, John Juanda)
    I don't know about John Juanda, but I agree with you that Chris Ferguson is most likely an INTp. A problem I have been pondering about quite a lot for some time is to what extent your type influences your playing style in poker (and other sports). Chris Ferguson's playing style is very conservative. He bases his decisions on mathematics much more than psychology, and in that respect he is clearly similar to, for example, Dan Harrington (whose nickname "Action Dan" is an ironic allusion to his unwillingness to risk money by betting.) Another "mathematical" player is David Sklansky.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Probably many other famous poker players are INTp's also (Chris Ferguson, John Juanda)
    I don't know about John Juanda, but I agree with you that Chris Ferguson is most likely an INTp. A problem I have been pondering about quite a lot for some time is to what extent your type influences your playing style in poker (and other sports). Chris Ferguson's playing style is very conservative. He bases his decisions on mathematics much more than psychology, and in that respect he is clearly similar to, for example, Dan Harrington (whose nickname "Action Dan" is an ironic allusion to his unwillingness to risk money by betting.) Another "mathematical" player is David Sklansky.
    Yeah, Juanda is hard to type, he is only obviously introverted and thinker, and imo VI's more INTp than anything else.

My guess is that Ivey uses more and Ferguson mostly because of his background, he might also be subtype. I think players will use style that suits them best, wich depends on their type. Rather than using what would be the theoretical optimal. But how much their style is based on their 1st and 2nd function probably depends on the invidual. And of course the game or sport sets limitations on what can be used and what have to be used.

Anyway my estimations were based more on their overall personality rather than their style of play. Especially Phil Ivey seems unusually obvious INTp.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Here's one that I find likely to be INTp:

Howard Stern

Some "clues" that I picked up from IMDB:

Ranked #1 in 1995 on Mr. Blackwell's Worst Dress List.
    Was #7 on the annual Forbes magazine Celebrity 100 list in 2006.
    "I always resented the label of 'shock jock' that the press came up with for me. Because I never intentionally set out to shock anybody."
    "I like music that makes me want to kill myself."
    "Our rap was that if girls could only look beyond the fact that we didn't have great looks and see that we have great personalities, they would fall in love with us. The truth of the matter was we had really bad personalities in addition to our ugly faces. Even the losers called us losers. And we were."

INTp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway my estimations were based more on their overall personality rather than their style of play. Especially Phil Ivey seems unusually obvious INTp.
    Maybe you are right about Ivey's type, but his type is not obvious to me. How do you know that he is an INTp? Do you have any other good source of information than V.I.? (If I remember correctly, Gilly thought Ivey was ISTp or something like that, when we discussed some poker players briefly in another thread some time ago.)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast