. . . . . . .
    Last edited by plotter; 05-10-2011 at 01:42 PM. Reason: a good one

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't sound stereotypically ILE, per se, but it doesn't rule it out, really.

It would be more useful to give us pictures, or (best of all) a video, if you really want to know your type.

Or you can do it the hard way and learn the theory.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Video or picture huh.. I'm quite the paranoid. What about drawing one :wink:
    But I'll have a look and see what I can find. I don't have that many pictures of myself.

EDIT: Just realized, that I wouldn't want it based on a picture of myself anyway. But I'll see if I find a video

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Dunno what you just said, too much text. Summary?
    Basically that, I've typed myself as ENTP, and ILE before, but I'm no longer sure.
    My suspicions comes from having very strong , and moderate

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by plotter View Post
    <>I've always had a very cynical approach to society. I can't honestly say that I've ever had any faith in people (groups, masses). People are, and will always be stupid. So I've never been fond of democracy, and have always viewed aristocracy, elitocracy or autocracy as better forms of rule. Mostly because I hate compromises, and everything takes decades from idea to realization... I don't have to be among the rulers myself, I just hate the static reality of democra
    Don't get me wrong though. I love every individual in the group. I value their individual skills and ideas, their friendship and what else. I especially value the people who does all those things I would never ever want to do, like care taking, cleaning, sorting the mail, etc, and I love the artists, the painters, the carpenters, and the like. I can overlook the things people do in groups, and my antagonists are now instead the media and propaganda machines of the government.
    I don't see this going hand in hand either with the Alpha quadra or the ILE type.
    Completely possible for Alphas. I know LIIs who can be quite radical in views such as you present in the beginning. Some ILEs leaning towards ultra-liberalism, in my opinion past the point of reason, is another example. There are all sorts of people with all sorts of political views in all quadras.

<>I make more plans and schedules, than anyone I know of, but I suck at following them. If we put some money into the equation it's a completely different story though. I'll do anything for money, as long as I make more than I've estimated my free times worth. I'm not sure about how this conforms with the ILE type either.
    <>I've never really known what I want. I have no great desires. I have no dreams for the future. People think I do though, because I talk about grand plans a lot. I talk about stuff like that more to appear ambitious and to motivate myself. I have toned it down lately though because I find it stressful when I've said something and it later on become obvious to others that said thing is not to be. There are some things I want/desire/long for though, but it's very hard to grasp/describe/visualize and therefor, I don't trust it or know how to achieve it. I would put it as some kind of calm...
    xLE? Can't tell from this with any degree of certainty, but weak Ni seems a possibility. Ni-DS perhaps?

<>I have some kind of romantic deep down inside, and I F&%CKING hate it. No matter how I try, I can't get them out. It's a small set of rules that makes my life extremely difficult at times.
    1.Don't break your word.
    2.Don't take something that a friend wants.
    3.Leave no friend behind. (This doesn't seem to be that rigid anymore, due to specific events..)
    The first one is a real bitch.. The thing is, I often formulate ambiguous phrasing that I can easily navigate around by interpretation, but every once in a while there are absolutes, and they are completely independent of external events, so someone could become my nemesis and I still wouldn't break my word to them.
    The second is mostly applied to sexual relations. If a friend “makes a claim on someone” or show an obvious interest in someone in another way, I just can't pursue that one. Not even if the “love interest” lacks all forms of interest in the friend and I + “love interest”, find each other interesting.
    I will not say more about the third one than that it caused a lot of trouble before, but it's slowly fading away.
    I've never heard about this in another ILE.
    I suppose what you suspect here is Fi? I'm not going to make any absolute claims, but if anything, I'd say it's signifying of weak and devalued Fi which you compensate for with Ti - possibly the need for it is due to your family being strong on Fi, if they're typed correctly. Your absolute approach towards these rules convinces me of valuing Ti over Fi, at least. Fi is more of a moral compass allowing for judgment on individual basis, as I see it. I would never make or stick to such rules indiscriminately. In short, it seems a massive Ti approach to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The same type as me, which is a mystery.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought I had answered this, anyway thanks for the answers.
    I think part of the problem is that I've not understood what "really" is.
    So I tried a different approach, working from the Reinin dichotomies and seeing which type got most hits.
    IEE-8, ESE-7, ILE-6, LII-6, SLE-6, LSI-6, ESI-6, SEI-5.....
    I do identify a lot with the IEE description, and especially in the past I've done a lot of things described as -polr. However in the ILE description I used to identify with the -Polr, but maybe this is because of misunderstanding what is meant in the description.
    After reading the thread about describing Fi as resonance I must say I relate a lot. I usually get disturbed by people not being in sync, even though no one else does. Sometimes it may be like a stabbing sensation for example when someone desperately tries to get into a group, failing. I usually try to fix these things or it will make me very uncomfortable.
    However I would say I almost identify with all type descriptions, and according to me both LII and ILI would be possible. All I know is is a weak spot, and is my favourite.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could've wrote most of that. I particularly identify with the rules bit... definitely. The rest of it also makes sense; valuing people etc.

I get confused with my type. I'm on the whole kind and emotionally intelligent; but at the heart of it, you're probably like me too and an ENTp.
    ENTp... love it

3w2