Thread: Steve Slater: flight attendant turned "folk hero"

Default Steve Slater: flight attendant turned "folk hero"

Steven Slater, JetBlue Flight Attendant, Curses Passengers, Jumps Down Emergency Chute, Becomes Folk Hero

On Monday afternoon, fed-up JetBlue flight attendant Steven Slater walked off the job in high style.

As Flight 1052 from Pittsburgh to New York was taxiing to the gate at JFK Airport, a passenger reportedly stood up to retrieve his luggage and Slater asked him to sit down. The Wall Street Journal reports that the JetBlue flight attendant was allegedly hit in the head with by the compartment door or the luggage. He then asked the passenger for an apology, and was denied, receiving an expletive instead.

The attendant--who is also known as Steve Slater-- then reportedly got on the PA system and, according to ABC News, said "To the passenger who just called me a motherfucker, fuck you. I've been in this business 28 years, and I've had it." He then grabbed a beer, activated the emergency chute, slid out the plane, and ran to his car, which was parked in an employee lot. He then drove home.

He was later arrested by Port Authority of New York And New Jersey police at his home in Belle Harbor, Queens. He faces charges of criminal mischief, reckless endangerment and trespassing.

The New York Daily News reports that Slater was in bed with his boyfriend when the cops arrived to arrest him.

Slater's neighbor Curt Karkowski told the Daily News, "He left with a big smile on his face."

Judy Rochelle, whose son Kenny lives with Slater, told the Daily News "Steven's mother is dying....She has lung cancer. She's had two chemos and the prognosis is not good. They were on their way out to California this weekend to settle her affairs."

What's his type?

Big Sister IS watchIng me Sleep HERO's Avatar
    420 funny town
    25 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps ESFp/SEE, yet I'd have to cross-reference these pictures with type galleries to get a better idea on his Visual Identification. I might actually get around to doing that later. Actually anyone can do it, just it's a waste of time, and I do it because I'm mediocre at best when it comes to Visual Identification.
    In my opinion he's a Sensing type. I'm not 100% sure whether he's ethical or logical, yet I'm inclined to say ethical, although I could be wrong; it's just because he's smiling. He seems Extraverted, yet who am I to say. And irrational; yet of course I could also be wrong about that. I don't have a clue; hopefully someone else will provide a better suggestion. I guess SLE could be another possibility.

Kristen Pfaff and Kurt Donald Cobain didn't like the scene anyhow