Thread: The Desire For Altruism Through Socionics

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Desire For Altruism Through Socionics

I'm an ENFJ writing this and I go through periods of being anti-social and unconcerned, but am also tempted to feel that there must be some kind of utopian key to humanity in socionics where having understood the type of relationships we are bound to have with others and acting accordingly (i.e. if someone is our conflict type choose subjects they will be interested in and otherwise steer clear of them) that we will somehow feel at one with all the quandrants equally and be able to draw connections between them where we might not have seen them before. My tendency as an ENFJ, I guess, is also to sometimes briefly morph into having more dual characteristics for whomever I'm interacting with - This is exhausting though, and I think reflects my week Ti. Anyway - What do you other betas think about the idea of socionics being some kind of master to relating to others or some kind of tool for absolute peace and understanding (believe me i know some of you may rip me a new one for this hehehehe).

Lefty
    ENFJ
    4w5

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not like I haven't thought about it, but it's kind of delusional.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Not like I haven't thought about it, but it's kind of delusional.
    it may be delusional, but i realized the other day the reason why i have that aspiration is probably because most of my family are deltas (including my INFJ mother) which makes me want to be able to link our quadrants and find commonality or somehow see that each quadrant flows into the other logically or something.

Alphas have given me some attention in life and I always enjoyed dwelling in their cerebral realm, but relating to them is awkward for me, too. Gammas I end up working with a lot and I enjoy the level they're working out they're flashy, somewhat aggressive, but paying attention to things on a level I can relate to as a beta.

Anyway I don't think this goal would be delusional if more people had a similar goal of being able to find peace with different types of people, but we're all walking around so blind about typology that we're bound to personalize differences, i think.

lefty
    enfj 4w5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leftylib View Post
    What do you other betas think about the idea of socionics being some kind of master to relating to others or some kind of tool for absolute peace and understanding (believe me i know some of you may rip me a new one for this hehehehe).
    When you have a hammer in your hands everything looks like a nail.

I view Socionics as a part of an approach to a more humane society. Part of the way not The Way.
    Now for some of the other parts:
    - Solution Focused Change: focusing on solutions instead of the problems is more efficient.
    - Positive Psychology: learning from the actualized persons as much as we can. Socionics can also provide tons of perspective to Positive Psych. in the strengths domain.
    - Non-violent communication: moving from "Who's right?" to "Let's make life wonderful!" is a efficiency booster. This also recruits more of the potential in people.
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love