Thread: Androgyny

Creepy-cinq

Default Androgyny

Which type/s do you think would relate to the concept of androgyny?

Creepy-cinq

True, I agree, exactly.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    In general:

ILI, ILE, maybe LII, males of IxFx types tend to come off as androgynous more often than males of other types other than mentioned. Females, especially females of ExTx types can seem a bit androgynous, from my POV.
    This is the most influential quote of my young life. (:
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe-creatives
    Stan is not my real name.

Creepy-cinq

Last edited by cinq; 10-08-2010 at 01:18 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nevertheless, I'd say that many IEI males are relatively far away from being "androgynous" (and may even find it rather personally distasteful or incongruent to themselves) regardless of any other factors. Plus Beta can add an (almost) aggressive (or 'self-confident') edge. Some IEI's are actually less insecure and more successful and/or self-assured than SLE's.
    I think androgyny is also related to (other) "social", "cultural", "psychological", "artistic", "environmental (and 'chemical' as in toxins/pollution...), and/or 'personal/physical' conditions/factors/elements. Ultimately life history, who one associates with, messages, isolation versus interaction, and how once percieves themselves and/or others or how one feels perceived by others due to whether they feel rejected/alienated/scapegoated/ostracized versus accepted also plays a role. So who one is dependent on in real life and/or psychologically or socially, who one relates to, and how one reacts to different impediments or obstacles all play a part. To be honest I think it's more of a historical/cultural/environmental/social process rather than a type-related one. Ultimately people act the way they 'feel', and other people reinforce that self-image with their observations, comments, and/or 'reactions' to them...
    Yet it's up to subjective perspective as to what is an artistic vehicle or mode of expression versus what is (practically/essentially) forced on the person/not a choice/'unconscious'. I'd imagine there's a lot of in-between/ambiguity.

Creepy-cinq

I agree, there is quite a bit of ambiguity. This is one of the reasons I wanted to explore this concept. For myself, this concept has interested me far earlier than any conscious influence from exposure to the external environment/media.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    ILI, ILE, maybe LII, males of IxFx types tend to come off as androgynous more often than males of other types other than mentioned. Females, especially females of ExTx types can seem a bit androgynous, from my POV.
    Except ISFjs. ISFjs never look androgynous to me. But totally for SEIs, IEIs, and EIIs. ENTjs females can either be super androgynous or pretty, I think.

EDIT: Oh yeah, plenty of IEIs are non-androgynous. And yes, you can have a very confident IEI and very unconfident SLE. I'm sure I'm more confident in myself than many SLEs.

Also, in regards to the concept in general, this might be stolen from Camile Paglia, but I've noticed that there's two kinds of androgyny: positive androgyny, in which you have the features of both sexes, and that makes you sexier (Lord Byron reportedly had this), and negative androgyny, in which you have the features of neither sex, and that makes you way un-sexy. This is like Napoleon Dynamite.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Except ISFjs. ISFjs never look androgynous to me.
    I second that. If my grandfather was really a ESI ( subtype), which is very likely but not really provable, this could be a exception, I think.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I look like a guy, but my persona is iffy.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xEx males and xLx females. T/F is a dichotomy most exploited by culture as supposed "gender difference" and PoLR in this range incompatible with gender stereotypes can easily create conflict between what a person is and what they should be - even if there's no actual pressure, there's a constant reaffirmation of "how most men/women are" through almost every aspect of our culture, while this "are" often origins in stereotype as well. None of remaining Jungian - much less any of Reinin's - dichotomies applies to stereotypes this much, though socionics I/E as related to initiative may, to an extent. I focus on PoLR as it seems to me that usually the problem doesn't lie in relating to the other gender as much as in not relating to your own (though it may be different in case of "feminine" men, I don't know really).

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request