Thread: Beta Quadra and Romanticizing Conflict

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    What you described reminds me of some impressions I'd had awhile back of Beta vs. Delta aristocracy. The former being more organic and will-to-power driven, where leaders are more or less self-selected by themselves and their peers as having the right force of personality and personal makeup seen as strong and necessary for one's leaders to have (these attributes would vary situationally).
    this is true. though I still think, at least in an ideal beta hierarchy, you wouldn't have some ******/ubermensch/whatever as the sole guiding force; but rather, it would be comprised of individuals whose respective aptitudes balanced each other out, rendering the 'leader' simply the individual with the personality most suited, not the statue others bowed to. but I guess when you're dealing with large amounts of betas, this isn't really possible.

The downsides to this (depending on perspective) is, as you say, the rules of the hierarchy are extremely subjective and most enforcement is carried out implicitly.
    yeah, well it's more that the boundaries of interaction are implicit. 'rules' per say tend to be seen as largely unnecessary, because everyone within the hierarchy knows they are there for a specific reason. NiFe gauges how a person's energy/wavelength 'collides' with the others'; understanding this serves as a beacon for their potential usefulness. I can't count the number of times I've observed a beta (typically a chick) dismiss someone from a small group setting because of 'bad vibes' – seemingly out of nowhere to others. but that is how it works, you have to consistently monitor any underlying nuance in your behavior as they pertain to what are seen as very obvious boundaries.

As opposed to having clearly defined and measurable 'objective' rules and regulations where everybody knows vis-a-vis where they stand in the eyes of the law at any given time (supposedly), which tend to be more a feature in Delta aristocracy.
    right. I usually figure that if people are able to operate autonomously, and choose to partake in a specific group, they should 'get' the rules. but this is where delta establishes their power: they don't segregate groups based on alignment of personal interest like beta; they create an overarching, implicit group that everyone knows they are part of, which is only maintained because of their ostensible focus on individuality and the pursuit of personal potential. there's a seemingly laid-back, each-to-his-own attitude, but that's only because the giant shackle is already there. this is where I think betas are more fair; we won't bind you to anything you don't commit to; groups are means toward an end, not the end itself.

Unfortunately for Beta, since the strength of their hierarchies depends so much on interpersonal factors, they typically don't outlast the death of the charismatic leader who forged them.
    yeah, this is what I was getting at in the first comment. I really loathe the idea of being in a group that has one figurehead, like some fucking shining light. I wouldn't associate with anyone I didn't consider an equal, and am hard-pressed to find superiors.

I wonder how this differs in the octants though. most of the p-subs I've met seem to operate in a similar 'closed-circuit' manner, where the personal experiences are judged as vital to any broader social effect; my impression of j-subs, is like a domino sequence of whispers, where everyone retains individuality but knows they are acting toward something significant.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sigh... ananke. I simply fail to see how your interpretation of the interaction holds weight. but at least it sheds light on how beta hierarchies come into formation lol. that king-kong bullshit was your projection, and people don't come out on top of fights where their position is based on a hollow pretense. I guess it's fortunate that he's young and receptive, and still likes to fight to fight. but so do you! so, of course he's easy to subjugate, what a demonic mistress you are. gilly, thankfully, attempted to balance the scales; in reality, he probably would have come out on top for appeasing and/or shutting down at least one of you and/or both, without sacrificing strength of defense.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread makes me chuckle.
    Easy Day

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I kind of shitstormed them both, especially given that I had just ridden all over ananke right before, and JWC3 doesn't really give a damn about holding his ground I had to plant the flag twice though, because ananke doesn't know when to give up. Silly kamikazes.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Artistic freedom my ass. The day you are my leader is the day I eat my own shit.

Under cerulean skies...

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    sigh... ananke. I simply fail to see how your interpretation of the interaction holds weight. but at least it sheds light on how beta hierarchies come into formation lol. that king-kong bullshit was your projection, and people don't come out on top of fights where their position is based on a hollow pretense. I guess it's fortunate that he's young and receptive, and still likes to fight to fight. but so do you! so, of course he's easy to subjugate, what a demonic mistress you are. gilly, thankfully, attempted to balance the scales; in reality, he probably would have come out on top for appeasing and/or shutting down at least one of you and/or both, without sacrificing strength of defense.
    Are you doing the pinnochio bold people's sn's thing? I've always liked it when he does it, but it doesn't make sense on you.

Anyway, I liked your story, inexorable force of destiny constraining us on all sides.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not at all impelled. I wonder why...

Under cerulean skies...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12