User Tag List

Thread: Should I do an intro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Should I do an intro

What the hell why not. I'm a long time reader of 16types, on and off mostly, just never felt compelled to post because of some of the users' immaturity on the forum. I was a former MBTI-er before finding socionics in 2003, but never really got into it because I didn't like Ganin's site. After I found Rick DeLong's stuff my opinion changed.
    Well that's all I got for now...

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

kool av d00d

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was much the same way -- the immaturity here put me off at first, so I didn't really consider joining until years later, when I discovered that there was actual useful information here as well, hidden amongst the immaturity.

Also, welcome!
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hello, ex-lurker.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welcome and i dont like Ganin's site either! Gulenko's translated descriptions are ok, but otherwise there is too much free intermixing of socionics with MBTI concepts, which is WRONG.

Anyway, i also dont like the immature, psycho people on here, but the key is to find out who they are and avoid/ignore them, and find the mature, knowledgeable people and interact with them. Who is knowledgeable can be tricky to find b/c there are many people here who think they're knowledgeable (but aren't or are wrongly knowledgeable). I once read a quote from a socionist (Rick maybe even?) that to best learn socionics, one must be very open to discussion and debate about potential typings, and to never close off ones mind. That approach has really helped me a lot, and i must say, learning socionics is something that you learn by layers (at least for me). My initial understanding was a total MIS-understanding (Ganin's site contributed ). Then, when i sorted that out, i acquired a very superficial understanding of what i thought the functions were and how the types manifested. And ever since I've been honing my understanding further and over the past 4-5 months have come a long way in more deeply appreciating nuances, correcting my own stereotypes of IE's and types, and getting a much clearer picture of how to judge a typing. Still not totally proficient at it, but getting there!

Good luck and have lots of fun! Socionics is a wonderful thing!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jragonfly View Post
    ...just never felt compelled to post because of some of the users' immaturity on the forum.
    And why do you post now? They're not gone yet and they probably will be here until they die. But why not, you can help to better the quality of the threads. We're currently at a 1:8 ratio of "serious, thoughtful threads" vs. "spam, flaming and threads about balls"

Welcome to the Forum! :wink:
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello. Hope you enjoy it here. People can certainly be immature, but I don't think that's all they/we are. So yeah.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The people here is what made me think this forum was awesome before I joined.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't intend to sound so negative before >.<
    I love some of the craziness on here,
    it was interesting when when Maritsa33 poked the hive
    (she's still around right?)
    plus you can learn a lot from both the good and the bad
    Thanks everyone!