Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LII-LSE Mirage/Illusionary relations (INTj + ESTj)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LII-LSE Mirage/Illusionary relations (INTj + ESTj)

I´m into this LII girl.

According to Socionics theory, could this relationship be a good one?

Thanks in advance for sharing your views.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my experience, there was a HUGE clash between an LSE ex-boss of mine and an LII coworker. The LSE boss wanted to pursue an idea, the LII thought it was impossible and that she was wasting time on this "wild goose chase" as she put it (and she actually said it to his face). The LSE boss took it as a deep personal insult, and dismissed her on the spot.

That said, i am still of the opinion that you are not LSE, so stop worrying about types and just see how this person makes you feel and how your interaction goes (as the great mimosa pudica once said).
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've never been romantically interested in a LII, but I grew up with one.

An LSE working with an LII can be very productive. + + + = something that works well, makes sense, looks right, and is creative.

I have yet to find an illusionary couple. I would think it would get boring.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like Duality, Illusionary has the effect of each partner being able to cover the other's weak spot, notably their PoLR. However, unlike Duality, Semi-duality, and Activity, it lacks the "spark" caused each partner appealing to the other's DS.

As others have said, explore the relationship rather than trying to predict it with Socionics. There's more to compatibility than simply the individuals' psychological types. Illusionary is usually a positive relationship, so go ahead and explore.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a good relationship. Research shows illusory and contrary relationships have the longest lasting marriages, not duality. Interpret that how you will, it's still a good relationship.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I value my illusionary relations because they give me lots of Si, in fact, overload of it to the point where we aren't as productive in our daily lives and emphasize way too much on relaxing; we really know how to deactivate each other, but what I don't like about this relations is that we butt heads when it comes to our values and outlooks about things; I can never seem to use Fi and be myself without getting into arguments over Fe values; we see things from two different points of views; while I value more of helping others and being more humanist, Fe values more individualistic, live life for yourself and don't worry about other's approach. I am me, I worry about others. I don't want to change me, I want to find ways to better me (become a healthy version of myself).

I support my views with the standpoint of morals and they do it from ethics, so not all the things I see as good/bad agrees with their views of right/wrong; so we do get in some heavy arguments with regards to religion and it's role in society, spirituality, political points of views, Alpha's are a lot more willing to sacrifice extermination of humanity to care for environment, while I support finding technological solutions to care and find solutions to better the lives of humanity.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat360 View Post
    It's a good relationship. Research shows illusory and contrary relationships have the longest lasting marriages, not duality. Interpret that how you will, it's still a good relationship.
    that's interesting. where did you find that?

my mom LSE and brother LII have a good relation. LII gets annoyed with mom though for her Te i think. but maybe that's just because they are mother and son. she gets annoyed with him for his slowness and pondering of things.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the replies

I know of course there´s much more to a relationship than socionics and I am not particularly trusting of these closed systems of patterns to determine my own life; in fact I see socionics and enneagram as good as long as they prove effective but I never refrain from something because of these theories. Anyway it´s good to have as much information as possible to predict likely outcomes in a purely theoretical manner, something that can be stored and kept for use later if a situation deems it fitting.

at first I was very much repelled by these closed systems which are mainly , such as enneagram and socionics, until other people showed me they could be useful and that they really worked. I´m usually skeptical of any closed system itself when it comes to humans since there are so many factors and subtleties that must be considered in each individual.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What "research" is this??

Wasn't the consensus in another thread that contrary is one of the worst relationships to have?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That shouldn't be too bad.

I think what people have to realize is that, extremes don't happen often in life. Most people are going to seem very confusing, and complicated/complex, and ambiguous- with so many mixed messages- like a hard math problem to figure out. And we remember the simple, pure moments we have when we just 'knew' - but those times are rare.

And well with socionics types it's the same way. There are a lot of 'inbetween' variations between dual and conflictors, where many other factors come into play that have little to do with psychological compatibility. When it all comes down to it, is you have to ask yourself if you yourself enjoy this person or not. What anybody else thinks doesn't matter. (and yes, this is a very cliched 'Beta' perspective I think but oh well =p) If you feel wishy-washy before it begins, then the relationship itself will probably turn out to be one of ambivalence and wishy washyness. If you just feel excited and energetic and want to be around that person, and you look forward to being with them, then you know you're on to something. Just trust your own feelings. You can't 'think a person out.' You have to FEEL them out.

It's quite sad as how 'intelligent' we've prided ourselves to be, so many people are emotionally fragile. Use your raw instincts, and forget about mental masturbation like a typical middle class white nerd.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dislike people in general. I don't even know why I signed up for this shit.
    In no way should one act contrary to the great future you have before you.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by intjguy View Post
    How do you know you're LII?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. do you have a source, I want to read more about this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    How do you know you're LII?
    I don't. I've just taken a lot of online tests that say I am. Reading all the descriptions seemed pretty accurate if not 100%.

A lot of people say those online tests are inaccurate, but I believe they're 75% accurate. Only 1 out of 4 of my friends who've taken the test really had sporadic results, and descriptions I couldn't see match.

But it's like, socionics could be so deep, that I have no idea.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't. I've just taken a lot of online tests that say I am. Reading all the descriptions seemed pretty accurate if not 100%.
    MBTI tests don't count.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MBTI tests don't count.
    often they are more accurate then socionics.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, there are so many more important factors than Socionics when it deems to finding Miss Right. There are things called integrity and such that Socionics doesn't cover.

I could say I met an LSE who was hardheaded, had a malleable ego, and completely dishonest.
    But I don't use it to generalize other LSEs at all.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    often they are more accurate then socionics.
    Than socionics tests. Socionics is sociology, not psychology. It's easier to make an MBTI test than a socionics test. Socionics and MBTI are under no circumstances the same thing, however, and one must never assume his or her MBTI type is the same as his or her socionics type.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Than socionics tests. Socionics is sociology, not psychology. It's easier to make an MBTI test than a socionics test. Socionics and MBTI are under no circumstances the same thing, however, and one must never assume his or her MBTI type is the same as his or her socionics type.
    sociology and psychology have nothing to do with it. both are type tests to see which of the 16 types you are. wow what a difference.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol yeah dude. Sociology wtf.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

sociology and psychology have nothing to do with it. both are type tests to see which of the 16 types you are. wow what a difference.
    The 16 types of MBTI are different from those of socionics. I thought you knew that.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You´re probably an E5 exactly like this LII girl I´m kind of into. She says the same thing, that she dislikes people in general and being with people in general and feels alone even among people. I think INTJs have something of a very beautiful, scientifically sensitive soul, which makes them special among the Infantile types.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey man, thank you. That was really cool.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be frank, I've read some of the Victim/Infantile stuff on wikisocion. I have to say I relate to either of them very little. Maybe one sentence of each category, and Victim some more.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIIs aren't all misanthropes.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at non socionics factors first. Then use socionics to understand their psychological fault lines.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewZ View Post
    LIIs aren't all misanthropes.
    Just the unhealthy ones. Actually, I would guess most LII's have misanthropic phases, but only the unhealthy ones are consumed by them.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 16 types of MBTI are different from those of socionics. I thought you knew that.
    no they are basically the same, I thought you knew that.
    Last edited by Jarno; 08-12-2010 at 10:08 AM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

no they are basically the same, I thought you knew that.
    If that were so, a person's MBTI type would almost certainly be the same as a person's socionics type, yet this isn't the case.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can attest to the fact that the INTj-ESTj combo works very well in a best-friends type of relation between two males.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an INTJ friend, very good friend, he´s also E5, we´ve been friends for 12 years now, I met him at school.
    First I think E1 and E5 tend to get along well, second I wonder if ESTJ and INTJ have the same kind of affinity.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    I can attest to the fact that the INTj-ESTj combo works very well in a best-friends type of relation between two males.
    Maybe you and Airborne can be friends

friends with benefits

Game?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that were so, a person's MBTI type would almost certainly be the same as a person's socionics type, yet this isn't the case.
    this is often the case. But if it's not it's rather because of faulty testing then difference in descriptions.

for example: ISTP is called the mechanic in most socionics descriptions and master of tools in MBTI. Doesn't that sound the same to you? There must be ringing a bell that those descriptions might be about the same type of person right?

If you take several socionics test, (which are usually lousy), you'll get several different answers too, does that mean they talk about different types?

edit: I've made a little test to prove my point.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...tml#post681909
    Last edited by Jarno; 08-13-2010 at 01:41 PM.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is often the case. But if it's not it's rather because of faulty testing then difference in descriptions.

for example: ISTP is called the mechanic in most socionics descriptions and master of tools in MBTI. Doesn't that sound the same to you? There must be ringing a bell that those descriptions might be about the same type of person right?

If you take several socionics test, (which are usually lousy), you'll get several different answers too, does that mean they talk about different types?

edit: I've made a little test to prove my point.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...tml#post681909
    Disagree with you. Agree with Abbie.

The simple fact that the concept of introversion/extraversion is COMPLETELY different between MBTI and socionics already makes them two very different systems.

In MBTI to judge introversion/extraversion, all you need to do is ask a few questions to find out whether the person tends to be outgoing or quiet, or if the person likes to be around a lot of people or not (which can be pretty relative).

In socionics, you have to look at which functions are being used. And introversion is about using the particular function in relation to oneself vs extraversion which would be reflecting back on the object.

And along similar lines, intuition, sensing, thinking, and feeling all have an introverted version and an extraverted version which are very distinctly different within socionics. In MBTI its almost like a rubic cube where u can just freely dial I vs E, N vs S, T vs F, P vs J, depending on questions being answered. Cant do that in socionics. Why? because the elements are defined differently, and its just a totally different system of describing character.

Sure there are going to be some overlaps in type, but its just because those people happen to be of a type represented by the same letters in each system. It goes along with there being considerable variability among people of each type. In my mind a socionics-MBTI type is sort of like tcaud's dual-types, in that each socionics type can have any of the MBTI types associated with it. OK maybe there might be a predilection for certain MBTI types per a particular socionics type, but thats the idea.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Disagree with you. Agree with Abbie.

The simple fact that the concept of introversion/extraversion is COMPLETELY different between MBTI and socionics already makes them two very different systems.

In MBTI to judge introversion/extraversion, all you need to do is ask a few questions to find out whether the person tends to be outgoing or quiet, or if the person likes to be around a lot of people or not (which can be pretty relative).

In socionics, you have to look at which functions are being used. And introversion is about using the particular function in relation to oneself vs extraversion which would be reflecting back on the object.

And along similar lines, intuition, sensing, thinking, and feeling all have an introverted version and an extraverted version which are very distinctly different within socionics. In MBTI its almost like a rubic cube where u can just freely dial I vs E, N vs S, T vs F, P vs J, depending on questions being answered. Why? because they are defined differently, and its just a totally different system of describing character.

Sure there are going to be some overlaps in type, but its just because those people happen to be of a type represented by the same letters in each system. It goes along with there being considerable variability among people of each type. In my mind a socionics-MBTI type is sort of like tcaud's dual-types, in that each socionics type can have any of the MBTI types associated with it. OK maybe there might be a predilection for certain MBTI types per a particular socionics type, but thats the idea.
    you are misinformed on multiple levels.

Let's start here.

introversion extraversion completely different?

Take for example this:

"introverts are responders, and extraverts are initiaters."

My question to you is, is this a socionics or mbti statement?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you and Airborne can be friends

friends with benefits

Game?
    You can take my place in that if you're so obsessed with the idea.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are misinformed on multiple levels.

Let's start here.

introversion extraversion completely different?

Take for example this:

"introverts are responders, and extraverts are initiaters."

My question to you is, is this a socionics or mbti statement?

Sounds like socionics to me.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Sounds like socionics to me.
    Nice, because they also use this same statement in 'MBTI step II'. (it's an online course or something)

So now you can conclude for yourself how similar they are and how misinformed the person is who thaught you.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    You can take my place in that if you're so obsessed with the idea.
    I hear you´re from Netherlands... hoe gaat u?

Do you really have these kind of women there? A friend of mine spent 2 years there, he loved it (really in the most literal sense).

the language seems somewhat complicated but I´d learn if it´s for the better of Nature´s will and women´s will:

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice, because they also use this same statement in 'MBTI step II'. (it's an online course or something)

So now you can conclude for yourself how similar they are and how misinformed the person is who thaught you.
    Well first of all, no particular person taught me. I'm self taught.

Secondly, even though an MBTI course might teach this more correct perspective, what i see happening among the MBTI users in real life (which is where i was first exposed to it), online, and in tests, is introversion/extraversion being determined not by the definition you stated, but by whether someone is loud/quiet, outgoing/not outgoing, etc etc.

Since MBTI typing is so prevalent in the U.S, and MBTI typing ends up delineating the latter more than the way you mentioned, I say MBTI type =/= socionics type. It may have to do with what you also said about mis-testing, but MBTI type is determined by tests. In contrast to socionics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast