Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LII-LSE Mirage/Illusionary relations (INTj + ESTj)

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    It may have to do with what you also said about mis-testing, but MBTI type is determined by tests. In contrast to socionics.
    yep most likely mistesting, or indeed older/lesser accurate dichotomie criteria.

Nonetheless, extraverts are most often considered loud compared to introverts.

mbti however is also tested in other ways like interview etc to check whether the written test was accurate. depends on which institute etc took the test. (I have this information out of an MBTI book.)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Well first of all, you ain't rapped long enough; to be fuckin' with me, you, you ain't strong enough
    I was actually going to use that in a recent response of my own but I like it here, too.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is useless arguing with Workaholics, Jarno, she´s always right and she always comes up on top of arguments. Big inferiority complex there. I just took her off my ignore list to see and I read such self-sufficient bullshit. She´s totally ego-centered. Don´t mind arguing with her. She´s always right. As I said this may stem from a compensation of an inferiority complex.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually agree with workaholic. Socionics and MBTI types aren't the same thing by any chance. MBTI is about how you behave and Socionics about how you work internally. MBTI ISTP covers both the stereotypical SLI and the quiet SLE, but they represent very different ways of thinking in socionics. One is a caregiver and the other is an aggressor.

About what was said before about LIIs being mishantropes... well, I think any sane person will develop such tendencies over time. Most people just plain suck.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    you are misinformed on multiple levels.

Let's start here.

introversion extraversion completely different?

Take for example this:

"introverts are responders, and extraverts are initiaters."

My question to you is, is this a socionics or mbti statement?
    In Socionics, it depends on what information is being processed and responded to.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    In Socionics, it depends on what information is being processed and responded to.
    yes but the same statement is used in both theories, that was to prove my point that the dichotomies aren't completely different.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

yes but the same statement is used in both theories, that was to prove my point that the dichotomies aren't completely different.
    WorkaholicsAnon said the concept was completely different - not necessarily the form.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WorkaholicsAnon said the concept was completely different - not necessarily the form.
    but with using the same kind of question you would get the same kind of answer from the same kind of people, therefor same types in both systems. And that's what this is about.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    I was actually going to use that in a recent response of my own but I like it here, too.
    LOL Ryu!! U thugging me up?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

but with using the same kind of question you would get the same kind of answer from the same kind of people, therefor same types in both systems. And that's what this is about.
    But with Socionics understanding, it's known to be a confuddled question. People would generally assume that it refers to social encounters. This would not correspond to what the question could mean in terms of Socionic understanding.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But with Socionics understanding, it's known to be a confuddled question. People would generally assume that it refers to social encounters. This would not correspond to what the question could mean in terms of Socionic understanding.
    oke so what socionics question would you ask people to determine their type (I/E)?
    Last edited by Jarno; 08-15-2010 at 04:05 PM.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

oke so what socionics question would you ask people to determine their type (I/E)?
    I wouldn't ask a question explicitly involving that dichotomy. I would ask them about what kinds of information they feel comfortable dealing with, or perhaps ask them to describe themselves and determine what areas they seem most involved in.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't ask a question explicitly involving that dichotomy. I would ask them about what kinds of information they feel comfortable dealing with, or perhaps ask them to describe themselves and determine what areas they seem most involved in.
    I guess you don't know what question you need to use to determine I/E.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I guess you don't know what question you need to use to determine I/E.
    That dichotomy is really a MBTI dichotomy rather than a Socionics one - but I don't deny that it's not at the back of my mind, and that I consider it. It's not that I don't know what questions I need to ask in relation to that dichotomy, it's not just not of primary relevance compared to other lines of inquiry, and also, questions in that regard tendto be rather obvious in what they are asking, making it easy to engineer an answer and perhaps not really consider the question.

The Socionics functions work no matter the extent to which the individual is affiliated with nightclubs.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That dichotomy is really a MBTI dichotomy rather than a Socionics one - but I don't deny that it's not at the back of my mind, and that I consider it. It's not that I don't know what questions I need to ask in relation to that dichotomy, it's not just not of primary relevance compared to other lines of inquiry, and also, questions in that regard tendto be rather obvious in what they are asking, making it easy to engineer an answer and perhaps not really consider the question.

The Socionics functions work no matter the extent to which the individual is affiliiated with nightclubs.
    It's a myth that the dichotomy is MBTI. socionists use dichotomies all the time.
    As Rick said, russian sites favor dichotomies over IM.

You call it obvious what you are asking, I would say it's simpeler, than asking what 'information' someone likes. You also don't go asking someone whether they like objects or fields. People are themselves barely aware of the use of their leading function anyways.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

It's a myth that the dichotomy is MBTI. socionists use dichotomies all the time.
    As Rick said, russian sites favor dichotomies over IM.

You call it obvious what you are asking, I would say it's simpeler, than asking what 'information' someone likes. You also don't go asking someone whether they like objects or fields.
    ..."The Russians"...okay...

it's still more of a MBTI dichotomy than a Socionics one. And the concept of extroversion\introversion is still not identical between the theories.

All personality typologies use dichotomies, otherwise everybody would be the same type.

I don't see why an understanding of objects and fields is necessary to comprehend the functions.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's still more of a MBTI dichotomy than a Socionics one. And the concept of extroversion\introversion is still not identical between the theories.
    reagardless of the compatibility between mbti and socionics, a socionic type can be sorted into introvert or extravert. It's a dichotomy used by socionics. Whether it is used more or less by another system has nothing to do with it.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

reagardless of the compatibility between mbti and socionics, a type can be sorted into introvert or extravert. simple as that.
    I'm sure they could be sorted into owl or badger, if you made the definitions and had the will. I think with the MBTI approach, there is more of an inclination to type someone as an extrovert before the type has been determined, while with Socionics, the functions are determined first, and by virtue of that, it follows that they are a Socionics extrovert or introvert.

If Socionists DID type using E\I, N\S etc. dichotomies, they'd have problematic circumstances where someone could score ENTJ after getting a much higher result on Intuition than anything else, and where it'd be impossible to actually properly analyse what Socionics functions they are actually using. e.g. what if such a person had their strongest function as Ne, and their second function as Ti? They would not be ENTj, but according to the test, they would be.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I've seen it's a good relationship.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

while with Socionics, the functions are determined first, and by virtue of that, it follows that they are a Socionics extrovert or introvert.
    Interesting to read your thoughts.

Have you read that somewhere?

Why can't it be the other way around, first the dichotomy and then conclude the functions?

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Interesting to read your thoughts.

Have you read that somewhere?

Why can't it be the other way around, first the dichotomy and then conclude the functions?
    My previous and updated post partly explains why. The main reason is because it's the functions that determine Socionics intertype relationships, not the E\I etc. dichotomies. Also, I've explained before, the E\I etc. dichotomies are not specifically (if at all) focused on the concept of information processing, and are more inclined to be determined by culture, environment etc. when a person is asked questions relating to those dichotomies.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dogma is something to be defended.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

isn't

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Socionists DID type using E\I, N\S etc. dichotomies, they'd have problematic circumstances where someone could score ENTJ after getting a much higher result on Intuition than anything else, and where it'd be impossible to actually properly analyse what Socionics functions they are actually using. e.g. what if such a person had their strongest function as Ne, and their second function as Ti? They would not be ENTj, but according to the test, they would be.
    Here you would have had simple made a mistake with the last dichotomy. He scored J instead of P. Making errors isn't just for dichotomies, but could also be done with functions.

I see it like this, you don't have to know a horses dna before you can conclude it is a zebra. Looking at its stripes is enough.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure they could be sorted into owl or badger, if you made the definitions and had the will. I think with the MBTI approach, there is more of an inclination to type someone as an extrovert before the type has been determined, while with Socionics, the functions are determined first, and by virtue of that, it follows that they are a Socionics extrovert or introvert.

This was my understanding as well.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I've never been romantically interested in a LII, but I grew up with one.

An LSE working with an LII can be very productive. + + + = something that works well, makes sense, looks right, and is creative.

I have yet to find an illusionary couple. I would think it would get boring.
    I have been watching the British Hornblower movies and noticed that the relationship between Hornblower and Captain Pellew in LSE/LII and seems to be very well played. I have a friend who's LSE, and it's very similar to how we interact where the admiration/respect is very visible though communicated in relative formality. Might also be tied in to the fact that it's a male relationship though.
    LII?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12