Thread: Help me type my father

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Help me type my father

The only thing I know for sure is that he's NOT XXFx.

He works with missiles for the government. Reads SciFi as well as published scientific journals in search of new or approved upon theories that he's interested in at the time, like string theory.

He likes to watch chaos. For instance it doesn't snow much where I live and if there is even a small threat that it will, people freak and rush to the groccery stores. Well, he likes to go to the groccery store so that he can soak up all of that chaos.

He usually stays emotionally calm, but if provoked long enough he'll explode in anger.

He has no problems making friends and connections. He has some of the same friends from 30 years ago, but has an equal amount of new friends.
    When he was younger he used to go out and party almost every day, but now that he's in his 50's he only parties once or twice a month.

He wants things done correctly the first time around and has no patience for incompetance or stupidity. He's never late.

He's practical and will only buy or accept gifts that can have some sort of usefull function in his life.

He doesn't understand other people's emotions.

That's about all I can think of, here are some pictures, if that helps

http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...t=DSC01229.jpg

http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...rrent=1079.jpg
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have you considered istj? what's your relation to him?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I very much doubt ISTj. Enjoying chaos and science fiction?

I guess ESTj or ISTp.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pictures seemed ESTj and your description confirmed it. These are almost exactly the same things that I said about my ESTj father when I tried to type him.

One difference: my father is often late. If he plans to be in his car at 8, then I can be sure, that when it's 8 o'clock, he's still in the apartment and is just about to take a shower.

Does he have a loud firm voice? (that's one thing I've noticed about ESTjs)
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Help me type my father

ok, i thought it over...
    [quote="oyburger"]

He likes to watch chaos. For instance it doesn't snow much where I live and if there is even a small threat that it will, people freak and rush to the groccery stores. Well, he likes to go to the groccery store so that he can soak up all of that chaos.[
    b]this could be istj - they might get an adrenaline rush while not having to be chaotic themselves[/b]

He usually stays emotionally calm, but if provoked long enough he'll explode in anger. i don't see why this couldn't be istj...not excluding estj
    He has no problems making friends and connections. He has some of the same friends from 30 years ago, but has an equal amount of new friends.
    When he was younger he used to go out and party almost every day, but now that he's in his 50's he only parties once or twice a month.

imo, this speaks strongly of istj - not excluding estj

He wants things done correctly the first time around and has no patience for incompetance or stupidity. He's never late.
    the first part of this could be more of an estj, but i can also see istj

He's practical and will only buy or accept gifts that can have some sort of usefull function in his life.
    this might be more estj-ish

He doesn't understand other people's emotions.
    could be estj - however i remember sth about istjs never being certain about other people's emotions and ever insecure in their relations, maybe this isn't an indicator of that though

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTJ
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first thought had been ESTj, but after reading ISTp, that sounds like him too, especially the parts about sowing wild oats and engaging in high-risk activities. When he was young he stole several cars and even a helicopter. I won't include his injestion of massive amounts of drugs, because it was the 70's :wink:

I don't know about ISTj though, something about it seems too calm to be my dad. They seem to have a strong sense of duty and responsibilty, maybe, I'm being unfair to him, but he wasn't around much when I was a kid. My parents were still married, but he just didn't do a whole lot of the raising.

He's aware of other people's emotions, he just doesn't seem to care (even more so then me)

But we get along very well. I've always been a daddy's girl. My INFp sister and my INFj mother gang up on us because we arn't "caring" enough so we have a camaraderie in that respect. We have some common intellectual pursuits too.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster