View Poll Results: What type is Pied Piper?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESI

    0 0%
  • LSI

    9 37.50%
  • SLE

    1 4.17%
  • SEE

    0 0%
  • IEE

    0 0%
  • EII

    0 0%
  • SLI

    1 4.17%
  • LSE

    1 4.17%
  • LIE

    0 0%
  • ILI

    1 4.17%
  • ILE

    9 37.50%
  • SEI

    0 0%
  • LII

    1 4.17%
  • ESE

    1 4.17%
  • EIE

    0 0%
  • IEI

    0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 88

Thread: What's my type

  1. #1
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default What's my type

    Removed at User Request

  2. #2
    the flying pig Capitalist Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    ALL OF THEM

  3. #3
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't have a strong opinion of your type, but LSI is definitely what comes to my mind out of the 16.

  4. #4
    xerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,472
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If it's between just those two, then LSI.
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

  5. #5
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request
    Last edited by Pied Piper; 08-05-2010 at 05:30 AM.

  6. #6
    Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canada's Prairie Farmland
    TIM
    C-LII
    Posts
    2,647
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've had it narrowed down in my mind for some time now, using various different approaches, to either LSI or ILE -- ESI isn't very high on the list. I think you pretty clearly have a "Cause-Effect" cognitive style, which has been a source of misunderstanding between us in the past.

    Currently, in my opinion, LSI explains more of the evidence, so I'll go with that.
    Quaero Veritas.

  7. #7
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  8. #8
    Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canada's Prairie Farmland
    TIM
    C-LII
    Posts
    2,647
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If this is real and not some kind of prank or satire, I'm interested to see if it has any trickle-down effects on your typings of other people.
    Quaero Veritas.

  9. #9
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Again, assuming this isn't some sort of prank, ILE. I would think that the Normalising and Creative ILEs can be very independent thinkers, even to the degree of apparent "lunacy". Just because Ephemeros is borderline militant in extroverting his worldview does not make him Se in any way; and, in fact, the ideas he comes up with (like ba-gua trigrams, the 108 stratagems, etc) seem characteristically Ne, and textbook ILE: NeTi tying together seemingly utterly unrelated concepts in a logically coherent manner.

    That said, I will concede that the fact that he seems so unambiguously, incontestably, unbelievably ILE to me means I could be wrong.

    Attack of opportunity to defend my typing: this uniting the distant and unrelated is what NeTi does; what I do is I have a good eye (being a holistic thinker) for pre-existing relationships between things. The two are not the same.

  10. #10
    Imagine Timeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA.
    TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    All joking aside on both of our parts, I want to know:

    Are you serious about this thread? Are you trying to figure your type? Or do you have other hidden intentions in mind? (e.g. making a point being a "ESI" or why self-typing is right/wrong)

  11. #11
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  12. #12
    Slippery when wet Simon Ssmall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ✈ ↺
    Posts
    2,231
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I cant really peg you on a specific type, I voted LII but actually changed my mind just right after it and thought maybe you are more ILE, this just indicates I am undecided. I have been considering for you ILE, LII, LSI and LIE.

    ILE - since you have the playfull and curious nature with you aproach form and socionics. And for me it is quite hard for you to imagine a non Ti type due to the fact you make systems and for example you think it is perfectly possible to categorize people (and probably everything) and that it is foolish not to believe in things like that (I think this is in reference to your brother?? dunno where I got this impression). You also like arguments/debates which usually ILE actually enjoy.

    LII - In a way for similar reasons to ILE typing, just that you mentioned that you are somewhat introverted in social settings. That can happen to ILE's but I think when you described something about Vero and visiting them, you described something I would actually imagine Alpha or ILE's would enjoy or at least wouldnt mind that much and you said it would bother you. Which I could see LII having issues with. To make long story short I assume you are too introverted for an ILE. Another reason is that I think you use your Ti more than Ne.

    LSI - due to your militant propagation for correct typings and correct ways to type. Although I can see ILE being very engaged with their hobbies and interests I dont they normally pick at every detail and every little shred of evidence for something, quite often they disregard people as stupid and when they do then they dont care anymore of convincing them at all, even for the sake that others wouldnt be misguided. ILE's might laugh at them and that they would but wouldnt care to engage in a proper discussion imo, or at least would drop it quite soon. Also you seem to take texts out of context without looking at the big picture and (in my opinion at least) quite often misinterpret them (sure it is a stereotype that LSI would be doing so, but lets say they are more prone to it than Ne types).

    LIE - Just because you quite often throw people into opposite quadra . Seriously, this is the only reason and it is quite humorous.
    Last edited by Simon Ssmall; 08-05-2010 at 03:22 PM.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

    ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

    johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

  13. #13
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  14. #14
    ._. Aiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    TIM
    IEI
    Posts
    2,015
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with Krig about cause-effect thinking, it's probably what makes you seem LSI at the first sight. This and Fi-PoLR are most clear to me. ILE-Ti - producing subtype, you still see the world through your base Ne and speak of it as if it was obvious, but what others get from you is usually Ti - as in, you speak of your Ne more than you actually show it, creating an impression you're S wanting to be N, something probably related to socionics discussions exclusively since we're talking of elements here. Whereas ILE-Ne is closer to "curious child" archetype often associated with Ne.

    I left mania grandiosa out of this purposefully.

  15. #15
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  16. #16
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  17. #17
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,943
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    And don't forget that Subterranean and jxrtes are impatient to establish my type as LSI, why are you obstructing the matter?
    ??

    I actually told you that I didn't particularly care about establishing what your type was, so you couldn't really be more wrong in the way you misrepresent me. It's you who is doing all the pushing, as you have done with so many other people in the past.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    In conjunction with Maritsa we find you guilty of not evolving.

  19. #19
    Punk
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    1,659
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Voted ENTp. Few manage to make their types manage to make their types so caricaturistically obvious as Mr. Piper.

    Also wtf@so many of you sheltered homos around here voting him ISTj lol.
    Lol, you are reading my mind.

    Ground Ethics, Fiery Sensing
    ---
    "No trifling! I can't wait, beside!
    ...
    With him I proved no bargain-driver,
    With you, don't think I'll bait a stiver!
    And folks who put me in a passion
    May find me pipe to another fashion."
    No ESI in their right mind would be caught expressing themselves with such indignity. That quote alone is a mockery of Fi+Se. And you have nothing in common with LSI.

    You are ridiculous. :wink:

    Impostor
    Troller
    Tireless Rebutter

  20. #20
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,943
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah well, I can't see Christian Bale being an ILE either.

  21. #21
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  22. #22
    Creepy-cinq

    Default

    LSI is what I considered last year, and I'm still leaning towards this type. At minimum, an Ij or Beta. Not particularly committed to arguing about it. It would be preferable to see you in real life to observe you outside the forum.
    Last edited by cinq; 08-06-2010 at 01:05 AM. Reason: transferred post from is ephememros ESI thread

  23. #23
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,943
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    The actual issue is that you never had a problem with me being ILE, attitude which changed in this conjuncture. So basically a product of will than realization.
    No, you're wrong. I can't remember ever thinking you were ILE, beyond knowing that was your self-typing.
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

  24. #24
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  25. #25
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  26. #26
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,943
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    I don't understand what you mean by "rub people the wrong way", but that indeed makes your point that I'm an Ti type and you're an Fi one (collateral damage implicit in your statements, sorry). How can be something called "wrong" since without it people stay misguided, history showed that people stick to myths until someone discovers that they're false. I fail to see what can be "worse" than lack of understanding and mistyping on a Socionics forum.
    That's not so much the issue - it's more the fact that you choose to make a dogged, unrelentless crusade out of it.
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

  27. #27
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,943
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    I don't remember either when you said that I'm not an ILE but an LSI before the recent events.
    To me, that's completely irrelevant.

  28. #28
    Punk
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    1,659
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    :| I'm most likely an LSI, what are you talking about?
    Okay, I'll bite. I'm sure you are full of shit or deluded, but maybe this will be a little interesting.

    Let's assume you are LSI; then can you tell me how you think you use your demonstrative Si function? If you need to use a forum example, think about how Strnnng makes and defends arguments.

  29. #29
    xerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,472
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    Between all the 16 types, there's no condition.
    ---

    Let me state clearly, there is no condition I or someone else can impose. Please type me according to your understanding, there's no one else responsible for your choices.
    Then valuing definitely.

    On the whole, you seem a lot more "into it" than anyone I'm sure is Alpha NT. Like when you get angry or openly refuse to talk to people because you don't like their typing. You just take this shit waaay too seriously and can't get out of that limited perspective for a more detached one. And I don't think you're being this obstinate just to troll.

    That's just an observation. It might not mean anything. I did type you as ILE for a while.
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

  30. #30
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  31. #31
    Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canada's Prairie Farmland
    TIM
    C-LII
    Posts
    2,647
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    When I first started wondering if Pied Piper might be LSI, I decided to make a case study out of it, and started collecting observations. Here they are. As you can see, the "LSI > ILE" observations quickly started to outweigh the "ILE > LSI" ones. I still refuse to draw a final conclusion at this point, however, as not all the data has been explained to my satisfaction.

    Pinocchio as LSI > ILE:
    First, some observations:
    An ILE explores the possibilities by making logical connections.
    An LII constructs a logical system by sifting through the possibilities.
    An LSI constructs a logical system by sifting through the specific evidence.

    An ILE explores the possibilities by following the possibilities in a logical chain cause and effect.
    An LII constructs a logical system by examining the possibilities from different angles.
    An LSI constructs a logical system by assembling the specific evidence in a chain of cause and effect.

    In general, Pinocchio is always trying to ferret out the "hidden motivations" of people's actions, a common Beta trait (Fe+Ni). He's spectacularly bad at it, indicating that those are weak functions (SLE or LSI).

    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    You may ask why can I tell so confidently that so many people come with "bullshit". Simple and logic: in a lot of cases we observe over five people with as many different opinions on something which is strict, as one's type. Only one or none can be right, but obviously all pretend they possess the correct view!

    The second case instead, exposes to opportunist opponents (meaning the ones which don't use facts but any opportunity to get you wrong) an non-existing weak point: they think (and say) that I don't have necessarily all the reasons to consider my assertion, that I see the possibility I am not right because I am unsure on my analysis, or this conclusion was reached randomly.

    To take this opportunity away of their reach, I decided some time ago to be careful with offering potential vulnerable points in expression, things that have nothing to do with correct typing but rather speculations. So, you find out this is no mystery.
    His explanation for why he "talks so confidently" is pure Se>Ne. He talks about online discussions in the language of conflict and battle; he doesn't express the possibility that he is wrong because his opponents might take that as a "weak point" and attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    On my aggressiveness and insistence:

    There are so many methods people use to get away with their mistakes that they can't be counted: from bare assertions and all the spectrum of fallacies to simple lies. Admit one thing: there is no way of debunking them, of proving them wrong. There is no authority that can hold back these dogs. Except brute force, determination and persistence - torrents of arguments. This will slowly but steadily incline the scales to your favor. No one would be crazy enough to compete against you without a serious reason. How can someone have a serious reason and such determination since his supposed conclusions come from simple ego bursts, laziness in thinking or passive-aggressiveness?

    But I have one and only one: reality. There's no need to re-evaluate it periodically, it is there, it proves itself continuously. It is like a wall: you have it behind, you can't step back, simple as that. I have absolutely no problem in arguing indefinitely because there's no way of giving up reality.
    Displays Ne-PoLR in that he believes his opinion is "reality", like a wall behind him preventing him from changing his position (i.e., he rejects and refuses to consider alternate possibilities). This also sounds quite IJ (taking comfort in the static nature of reality).

    -As Subterranean said in the following link, Pinocchio "seems keen on closing things down rather than expanding upon them." He wants to get away from having too many possibilities (Ne-PoLR).
    -http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/whats-my-type-model/27468-epheremos-pinocchio-beta-st.html#post563458

    -LSI description:"Another weak point of The Inspector is his inability to understand hidden motivations of people's behavior. This makes him mistrustful and reticent, and sometimes too suspicious. He may blame someone for things they've never done, and changing his mind may prove to be very difficult."
    This was especially on display during the recent Battletyping wars.
    -http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/217166-post6.html

    -LSI description: "A strong rejection of ambiguities and different interpretations of something. Incomprehension of special features and individual differences in the people. Unwillingness to be engaged in deep introspection. Categorical nonacceptance of the analysis of its qualities and possibilities from the side of other people. Unwillingness to evaluate the abilities of strangers. Painful experience of the unknown and uncertainty. “Black and white” evaluation of any facts, the estimation of people not according to the content, but according to the form."
    Socioscope LSI - Wikisocion

    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    This is exactly me. I hated literature with all my heart, except what I like to read at the moment - got some interest in something. Fantasy usually doesn't make sense for me, I don't see the point in reading something which happened only in the mind of the author, although, it is very useful/inspiring if you want to do a film or something, you can view details of things you never saw in real life. But being forced to learn such thing in school I find to be an abuse - especially asked for compositions and commentaries about something you have no interest in, is not real and has no inherent use.
    I've seen this attitude frequently in STs to varying degrees, but rarely (never, actually) in NTs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    I get very enraged sometimes, usually connected to my lack of patience and sensitivity to nonsense. Some reasons:
    - someone "arranged" my things and I can't find something when I'm in a hurry;
    - I clarified something with someone and the person denies afterwards;
    - when someone assures me that things are fine or arranged, to discover later that they aren't;
    - I'm intruded by someone without a good reason;
    - when the computer keyboard fails to react as expected - I broke into pieces few at Samurai Shodown 2. I'll never play SS2 on my laptop
    - when people walk from the opposite direction as me and don't make any effort to make room for everyone, while I do. Instead of stepping into the mud or water because of them I hit them with my shoulder. If someone would do this to my gf or someone I care about in front of me I'll surely see red instantly .
    - more or less on anything I see as an injustice.
    These all sound fairly LSI, but the second last one implies a level of physical confidence that I don't think is common in ILEs.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    About the fragment, I can interrupt an SEI at any moment without being admonished, not only me but I think that virtually anyone. About this was the issue, Kama understood the opposite, and btw, I don't like myself to be interrupted, I hate that actually because I loose my idea and SEIs don't use to interrupt people when they talk because they don't want to bother, I like this.
    Losing one's train of thought when interrupted like that may be connected with Cause-Effect thinking, but I think it would be more of an issue with LSI than ILE, whose Ne would help them keep track of things, and who I expect would tend to just jump on to the new conversation thread and not care as much about being interrupted.

    Pinocchio as ILE > LSI:
    -Talks about abstract concepts. (But so do the confirmed LSIs I know in RL.)
    -ILEs can be argumentative.
    -Typing method involves "keeping in mind the whole image of a type". Does ILE do this more than LSI? Actually kinda sounds like Holographic.
    -http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/alpha-quadra/29370-hey-pinocchio-2.html#post613403
    Quaero Veritas.

  32. #32
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  33. #33
    Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canada's Prairie Farmland
    TIM
    C-LII
    Posts
    2,647
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    I see...

    Well thanks for your participation, apparently the jury has decided that I am indeed an LSI. I'll change my typing in my profile.
    So, you're meekly accepting public opinion as truth and not stubbornly getting into a major flame war with those who disagree with you...

    Okay, who are you and what have you done with Pinocchio?
    Quaero Veritas.

  34. #34
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  35. #35
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,943
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Interesting that when someone makes an extensive case about your type, you do not discuss the issues raised, instead prefering to attempt to paint the picture that people have an agenda to type you as a LSI categorically.

  36. #36
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Because goodness knows that individuals can't come to a conlusion on their own and find that it matches the conclusion of another.

    Honestly, to those of you taking this thread seriously, you ought to be commended for your sincerity. That said, I think you're wasting your tiime since this is quite clearly a ruse on Pinocchio's part.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  37. #37
    EffyCold thePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    TIM
    ??
    Posts
    1,897
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I still think this is a joke

    but if it isnt, its apalling that you cant tell ne-polr from ne dominance

    honestly, if this is REAL, I think its grounds for banning.

  38. #38
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  39. #39
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A dead obvious ENTp.

  40. #40
    EffyCold thePirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    TIM
    ??
    Posts
    1,897
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    My reasons to retype myself are none of your business. This is a typing thread, if you have an opinion on my type you state it and vote, otherwise you may not get involved, I'm asking the opinion of people who have one on my type and wish to shed light in this matter.
    Thank you.
    HAHAHA

    you think you can tell me where I can and cant involve myself?

    HAHAHAHA.

    HEY, DUMBASS.

    FUCK YOU, FUCK YOUR TYPING THREAD, FUCK YOUR CHARADE OF INTELLIGENCE, FUCK THIS POLL, FUCK EVERY TYPING YOU HAVE EVER MADE.

    your rationale IS my business you STUPID INSIGNIFICANT troll.

    if it comes to where you don't even know PoLR from leading you deserve to be banned for harassing members

    again, fuck you.

    you owe this whole forum an apology ass-wipe.
    Last edited by thePirate; 08-06-2010 at 09:57 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •