Thread: Type?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type?

Hi!

I have read the function descriptions, and I am certain I value Ni and Se. I also think I value Fe and Ti. I relate a lot to Ti descriptions, but can't really tell what type I am, other than that I am a Beta. How can I decide what my type is?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Hi!

I have read the function descriptions, and I am certain I value Ni and Se. I also think I value Fe and Ti. I relate a lot to Ti descriptions, but can't really tell what type I am, other than that I am a Beta. How can I decide what my type is?
    ok you've tried functions.

What if you try dichotomies:

Close to the bottom of the screen of the following links, are the types.

Extraversion and introversion - Wikisocion
    Sensing and intuition - Wikisocion
    Ethics and logic - Wikisocion
    Rationality and irrationality - Wikisocion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    IEE
    Idiot.
    "The cayote [sic!] is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him and even the flea would desert him for a velocipede." - Mark Twain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post

Close to the bottom of the screen of the following links, are the types.

Extraversion and introversion - Wikisocion
    Sensing and intuition - Wikisocion
    Ethics and logic - Wikisocion
    Rationality and irrationality - Wikisocion
    I'm in between all four of those which is why I used functions.
    "The cayote [sic!] is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him and even the flea would desert him for a velocipede." - Mark Twain

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi!

Howdy!

Which descriptions did you happen across, and what about them specifically do you relate to?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in between all four of those which is why I used functions.
    You have preferences, but you don't seem to know them. That makes things hard.

How would others describe you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    You come across as SLE so far.
    Why?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or just write us a big long essay and we will analyze the text. (I'm only half joking)

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Write about yourself, post a video or some pics. This isn't magic, we need more information to type you than 5 sentences and your word that you are beta.
    Stan is not my real name.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
    This isn't magic
    It's not????

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've decided you're SLE based solely on your username.

"hoot" is very SLE-ish, don't you think?

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    It's not????

:redface: I'm sorry, that was a mistake...yep, magic. Why don't you ask Santa Claus to tell you your type for Christmas? If he doesn't tell you, the Easter Bunny will surely let you know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Howdy!

Which descriptions did you happen across, and what about them specifically do you relate to?
    I read Stratievskaya, Filatova and wikisocion. I relate to the Ti-description in LSI's, but I have a really hard time seeing myself as IJ-temperamental.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read Stratievskaya, Filatova and wikisocion. I relate to the Ti-description in LSI's, but I have a really hard time seeing myself as IJ-temperamental.
    What club do you see yourself belonging to?

NF Idealists
    NT Researchers
    ST Practical
    SF Social

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it conceptually backwards that you would know what you value before you have even a vague idea of your Jungian dichotomies.

Since we have no information about you whatsoever, how about you answer some questions. A video answer would be best, but a typed out response is better than nothing.

Why do you feel you identify with beta values?
    What specific parts of the descriptions do you identify with?
    What do you consider your strengths as a person? Weaknesses?
    What are some of your hobbies? Pet Peeves?
    What are some of your favorite books/movies/TV shows? Why?
    Describe your basic personality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have preferences, but you don't seem to know them. That makes things hard.

How would others describe you?
    Depends who you ask. Friends would say crazy, stubborn, capable, fun, lazy, happy. The people I work with would say fair, hard-working, skilled. Positive feedback I've been given: Intelligent, can manage anything, super-nice. Negative feedback I've been given: Insensitive, bitchy, impatient, over-reactive.

My best friend, the only one who knows me well, says: Charged, ambitious, image conscious, lost, warm, guarded, friendly, talkative, spontaneous, morbid, fierce, soft, strong, sensitive to the point of hypersensitivity, always tinkering with mental concepts, capable, intense, decisive, falls into addictions serially, emotionally variable (quick-tempered), complex.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

male or female?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

male or female?
    Female

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll comment on each, and maybe you see what I apparently don't.

Typical characteristics
    Extraverted types

1. Psychic energy more often flows outwards. Not even sure what this means? I kind of just look around and think a lot without normally focusing on anything, except if I have a specific task to solve, like at work. Then I just go for it and solve it. Normally, I do nothing, or rather, do a lot of random stuff on a whim.
    2. Energy level increases when interacting with a large group of people. Depends. I can easily be center of attention if I feel like it, in informal settings, like a night out. But most of the time I avoid people, and in more formal settings, like family dinners, I'm the typical person who just sits there and am asocial. Too much effort to interact for no reason, kind of. I am more lively around people I don't know who I can just leave behind the same night than around people I know. Except for really close friends, who I am relaxed around.
    3. Energy level decreases when they are alone. Not sure. I sometimes do nothing and sometimes do loads both with people around and when I'm alone.
    4. Energy level is generally higher. Higher than others? No idea. I can be both passive and high, depending on what interests me in the moment.
    5. More often focused on their surroundings. Maybe. I notice quite a lot of what's going on, I think, but I can also be self-absorbed and only think about how I relate to things around me.
    6. Tend to be more active and initiating. Probably a bit more than most.
    7. Often make new friends easily. I have very few friends. I don't care to pull around a lot of people. Too much to keep track of, and I'm not really that interested in most people. People tend to be annoyed with me for not caring enough about them, and for not asking questions. I interact with whoever is around in the moment, and don't remember what they told me the next time we meet, so I never ask "how did things go with ....". Some people dislike it.
    8. Often better at presenting themselves. I can sell myself when needed, like for a job or something.
    9. Often prefer to work in a team. I like to work in teams if people are focused. I hate when people are goofing around or spend too much time on socializing. I am probably double standarded here, cause I am not always very focused, commenting on people looking too serious. I often take charge, but if people know what they are doing, I like leaning back and leave them in charge, too. I hate working for/with stupid people.

Introverted types

1. Psychic energy more often flows inwards. Not sure. What does it mean?
    2. Energy level increases when they are alone.
    3. Energy level decreases when interacting with a large group of people.
    4. Energy level is generally lower.
    see comments above
    5. More often focused on their thoughts and feelings.I do focus on my thoughts and feelings, I guess? I find that people focusing on their feelings by telling me that "I don't want you to do that, cause I don't like ....." are selfish bastards that should be shot. They stop me by making me feel guilty, and I hate being guilttripped cause it works.
    6. Tend to be more passive, less initiating.
    7. Often do not have many friends.
    see comments above
    8. Often better at concentrating. I can focus when in a hurry. Most of the time I prefer to just take it easy.
    9. Often prefer to work alone. depends what must be done. I often find other people incapable unfocused idiots just moving in all directions at once, but if people either do what I tell them OR are capable on their own, I like working with them. Company of friends is always nice, though, so I can easily work with a friend watching me.

Sensing types

1. More realistic and down-to-earth.
    I don't know? I can do whatever I want whenever I want it, but I think a lot of people see me as "crazy" in a spaced-out sense. Not sure I understand this one?
    2. Rather notice details than the big picture. I do both. And I do it consciously. I want both the big picture to add up and the details. Talking about practical projects here, so maybe that means details and down-to-earth...?
    3. More focused on their surroundings, living in the here and now.
    I focus on myself, on things that should be done (work, private projects, etc) and mostly on what I do now and here. No idea how I differ from others?
    4. More naturally comfortable with physical confrontations. I have no problems with physical confrontations.
    5. Often more interested in practice than in theory. Theory is only interesting when it promises to have practical application.

Intuitive types

1. More idealistic and head-in-clouds.
    I have ideals for myself, I guess. Often just wander off into space when I am bored with people. Uncommitted in a way, I guess.
    2. Rather see the big picture than the details.
    Both, I think.
    3. More focused on ideas than on surroundings. Not sure? I like ideas that can explain something around me.
    4. Less naturally comfortable with physical confrontations.
    5. Often more interested in theory than in practice.
    See above.

Ethical types

1. More often make decisions based on their own feelings.
    Not sure? I make decisions of importance based on what's "best", but that is probably subjective. Also, I do whatever I want, most of the time, so that's my feelings, or maybe not? Not sure I knwo what they mean with feelings in this?
    2. Rather talk about ethical evaluations ("good or bad"). Sometimes, but maybe less than others? I hate people who judge others as "bad", when really, good and bad are just words they use to distance themselves from what they don't understand or which seems to differ from their moral concepts.
    3. Frequently better at solving interpersonal problems. I doubt it. I seem to solve problems at work better than provlems in relationships. But I am not afraid of confronting people when I feel they have a problem with me, or if I have a problem with them. I want to solve things immediately, preferably before there is a conflict.
    4. More often have problems with finding logical solutions. Don't think so? However, I can't figure out my type, so who knows?
    5. Tend to prefer persuasion over argumentation. Instinctively I want to say no. But then again, I always win a discussion...
    6. More vulnerable to "logical" manipulation. What is logical manipulation?

Logical types

1. More often make decisions based on logical reasons
    . Not sure?
    2. Rather talk about logical evaluations ("right or wrong"). YES!
    3. Frequently interested in systems, structures and patterns. I think so.
    4. More often have interpersonal problems. Yeah. I'm seen as uncommitted.
    5. Tend to prefer argumentation over persuasion.
    See above.
    6. More vulnerable to "ethical" manipulation. Possibly. If it means to guilttrip me, then yeah, it hurts.

Rationals

(Also called shizotymes in early socionics literature)

1. Tend to plan ahead, make decisions early.
    I make decisions late. As in as late as possible to not slow down processes. I plan, but change my plans until the last minute.
    2. Are more often rigid and stubborn. I am normally super-flexible, but I can be rigid about my own boundaries and I am infamous for being stubborn about what I want to do. If I don't want to do something, NOTHING can move me.
    3. Do not like to change their decisions. Depends what decisions they are, I guess? I hate when people promise things and don't do what they promise.
    4. Tend to finish what they started. I tend to make it look like I finish what I start, haha.
    5. Usually have stiff movements. No. I am a cat.
    6. Usually more 'authoritarian' leadership style. If in a hurry, I am a dictator. The rest of the time, I am cool.
    7. Low stress tolerance. Not sure? I have a lot of stress in my life, but I think most people would fall apart a long time before I would. I never give up.

Irrationals

(Also called cyclotymes in early socionics literature)

1. Tend to wait and see, more spontaneous.
    Yeah, that sounds a lot like me.
    2. Are more often flexible and tolerant.
    Yes.
    3. Change their decisions frequently. Yes.
    4. Tend to start new things without finishing them.
    Yes.
    5. Usually have gentle movements. Soft, at least.
    6. Usually more 'democratic' leadership style. Usually yes, when not impatient and surrounded by idiots.
    7. High stress tolerance. I seem to create stress for myself...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Yeah, it would be good to know what IMs you relate to and why,
    Ni and Se, if I understood them correctly. Seems to me as Ni + Se works together to create a specific reality, while Si + Ne works together to create a smooth sailing. I am much more goal-oriented than smooth sailing oriented. Not totally sure this is related to Ni,Se, Ne,Si?

I can't decide between Ti+Fe and Te+Fi, but I lean Ti+Fe cause it seems Ti+Fe understands the world through details and emotions, as in Ti being extremely specific in choice of words to convey the right meaning in Fe?

I don't relate to the Beta description about how much they like loud people. I hate them, unless they are funny. At least when in a private sphere, where I want to have deeper relations with people. But I also don't relate to the business-like politeness described for Gammas. I like things as informal as possible. I cope well in very close relationships, one-on-one, or when meeting new people I can play with for a while. I cope less well in groups of people I know just somewhat, like with work colleagues or friends of friends or even siblings. Actually I don't cope too well in groups at all, and am more silent when there are more people around. I don't talk much unless I really trust people or when there is nothing to fear, as with strangers (since they can't use anything you say against you later). I am paranoid about what I tell others. With strangers I make comments to have fun, often comments that are a bit offensive, so that they are either in the game or completely out immediately. With my 1 close friend I talk about anything, even feelings.

how you see yourself,
    Withdrawn (but most people wouldn't agree, as I can be quite loud), intelligent, sensitive (but most people wouldn't know, as I can seem quite tough), capable, searching (for meaning or something?).

how you are in day to day life, alone,
    hate getting up in the morning. Avoid it if I can. Walk around like a zombie doing anything but what I should for at least 4 hours. Then move out and about and can perform better and better until I go into hyper-mode and just have fun later in the evening.

and how others see you.
    already answered that one.

But basically you connect how you are IRL and in your thought life to Model A meaning making inferences what information elements you use the most on a conscious level. That's a part of how you find your type.
    I am not sure. I seem to use Ti > Fe, but then again, I feel very sensitive and guarded, while the logical descriptions make logicals seem like cold machines not affected by other people. I am.
    I can't decide between Se and Ni. Ni seems too far out, and Se seems too focused. I am just here.

So a starter is to explain why you think you value Ni, Se, Ti, and Fe. And just to get a general feel on your distribution of energy, so to speak, if you know anything about the four temperaments, I'd be interested to hear which one you relate to most, without over analyzing.
    EP>IP. I think I am irrational, but then again, I can be very strongly directed when I have to do something, so not totally certain. I am not controlled, haha, so IJ sounds wrong.

- - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    And you sure about Beta?
    No, but I think Ni-Se quadra.

If Beta (which is my hunch), I can see SLE-Ti, LSI-Se, or maybe EIE.
    Are you suggesting the creative subtype because I am in between on the jungian dichotomies?

Any thoughts or feelings about any of those types (with or without the subtypes)?
    SLEs seem like they want to control others, I don't. But I hate being controlled. I kind of get the feeling they are extremely social, and I'm not.
    LSIs seem like they are completely in control of themselves, and I'm not.
    EIEs seem like they love group settings and friends. I don't. I am horrible at chatting in formal settings. Gimme a beer and a person to challenge in a battle.
    I relate to Ti>Fe and probably Te>Fi, too.

Probably no system in what I just wrote, but I have no idea what you are looking for, so I just threw it out there in random order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or just write us a big long essay and we will analyze the text. (I'm only half joking)
    Is it good enough? I hate this, so you made me do it.

Write about yourself, post a video or some pics. This isn't magic, we need more information to type you than 5 sentences and your word that you are beta.
    It seems people can't even type themselves around here, so I thought why bother? I rather wanted people here to tell me what direction to look in, based on my problem (like Jarno did), than to guess my type.

I've decided you're SLE based solely on your username.

"hoot" is very SLE-ish, don't you think?
    I didn't chose it. My friend did.

What club do you see yourself belonging to?

NF Idealists
    NT Researchers
    ST Practical
    SF Social
    Definitely not SFs... I can't decide between the three others, as something is right and something is wrong with all of them. If socionics is "real" and for everybody, I guess I am somehow conditionned into behaving atypical for my type.

I find it conceptually backwards that you would know what you value before you have even a vague idea of your Jungian dichotomies.
    I have a vague idea. I would say XNTP. But that's not very Beta.

Since we have no information about you whatsoever, how about you answer some questions. A video answer would be best, but a typed out response is better than nothing.
    Hope I'm doing ok.

Why do you feel you identify with beta values?
    What specific parts of the descriptions do you identify with?
    Answered, I think. If not, ask a more specific question?

What do you consider your strengths as a person?
    Give me a task, and I'll solve it for you.

Weaknesses?
    Feeling happy in society.

What are some of your hobbies?
    Chatting with my best friend. Working out. Figuring out myself.

Pet Peeves?
    Find this one hard to answer, so I probably don't have too many.
    Fake people. As in people saying one thing and meaning another. And liars. I hate liars. Rather tell it to me straight and stand for what you mean.

What are some of your favorite books/movies/TV shows? Why?
    Don't read much and don't watch TV.
    I can't remember movies I've seen, but I have seen loads and like it. Of those I can remember right now, Requiem for a Dream, Magnolia, Pan's Labyrinth.

Describe your basic personality.
    Not sure? I have a hard time seeing myself from outside, so I could only talk about what I feel like inside, and I already did.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE. As much as I don't like to agree with the poster who suggested it first.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a slight favor for ENTP at this moment

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking IP>EP, Merry, not sure about the rest.

It seems people can't even type themselves around here, so I thought why bother? I rather wanted people here to tell me what direction to look in, based on my problem (like Jarno did), than to guess my type.
    Well, that's counter to everyone else who posts in this subforum, sorry for the mistake.

You seem to have a pretty decent grasp of the theory and plenty of resources already at your disposal, actually. What more do you want? You mentioned having been to Wikisocion and some other sites. Have you been to Rick DeLong's sites? (Socionics.us and The Socionist blog) They're probably the best overall for learning socionics. Socionics.com has good descriptions of Jungian Dichotomies and some decent articles, but the type descriptions and VI stuff are pretty worthless. I'd take a lot of what's on there with a grain of salt. Otherwise, Wikisocion is a god bet for everything else theoretical.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request