Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default discojoe was correct about the oil spill

Not surprising, since I'm almost always correct about everything I say.

BBC News - Majority of BP spill 'dealt with'

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Let's see what Maritsa has to say about you being right and not wrong.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Let's see what Maritsa has to say about you being right and not wrong.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Not surprising, since I'm almost always correct about everything I say.

BBC News - Majority of BP spill 'dealt with'
    That means you should speak more
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    That means you should speak more
    don't encourage him.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can "static kill" methods bring back the lives of the 11 who died in the explosion?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, given the enormous impact of this spill, "amost three quarters" is far from being enough.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    Can "static kill" methods bring back the lives of the 11 who died in the explosion?
    lol

By the way, given the enormous impact of this spill, "amost three quarters" is far from being enough.
    lol

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

The Daily Mail had a similar article about the oil disappearing faster than forecasted by the sensationalist hype.

Was Tony Hayward right about BP oil spill after all | Mail Online

Then a few days later, CNN comes up with a story saying some vague shit about a congressional subcommitte chiding BP for using excessive amounts of oil dispersants lol...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 quarter left is still 5 exon valdez spills. The oil coming on shore would definitely fuck up the beaches all along the coast. I've been to those beaches and I like them. So I'd say it matters and it's not completely over with.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's one quarter left SO FAR. The rest of it is still being cleaned up, still breaking down in the water.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is pretty troubling. I hope they can fix it:

“An enormous amount of the oil is now buried, and we know from previous spills that this buried material can persist for decades,” MacDonald said. “And that oil does have an effect on the behavior and health of the animals.”
    U.S. Says 74% of Spilled BP Oil Eliminated From Gulf - BusinessWeek

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is pretty troubling. I hope they can fix it:

U.S. Says 74% of Spilled BP Oil Eliminated From Gulf - BusinessWeek
    Yes. I wonder what will be the effects on the whole gulf of mexico ecosystem. If buried oil ends up troubling the growth of algae, then its impact will be strongly felt all along the food chain.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. I wonder what will be the effects on the whole gulf of mexico ecosystem. If buried oil ends up troubling the growth of algae, then its impact will be strongly felt all along the food chain.
    And then the polar icecaps will melt and greedy bankers will send us into another great depression.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I was right too, I made money off BP already, but I'm now off to better places.

Creepy-male

doesn't it affect the ecosystem if a millions of gallons of oil are being dissolved into the gulf of mexico waters.... I mean just because its out of sight doesn't mean its still not a problem.... obviously you can dissolve salt in water, and while the water appears clear... it still tastes nasty and salty....

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No! I said it before you did. I am correct
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    And then the polar icecaps will melt and greedy bankers will send us into another great depression.
    I really dislike when americans automatically lump toghether all those opinions. I actually think man-made global warming is a scam (for example), yet this doesn't mean all my thinking patterns have to be aligned with neo-cons etc. etc.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I really dislike when americans automatically lump toghether all those opinions. I actually think man-made global warming is a scam (for example), yet this doesn't mean all my thinking patterns have to be aligned with neo-cons etc. etc.
    Ugh, I know exactly what you mean. I don't bother debating the issue of anthropogenic global warming anymore. I simply explain to people that over the course of Earth's geological history, there has never been a moment of peace and that we humans live far too short of lives to experience it for ourselves. I usually like to conclude with something profound about mankind's arrogance in thinking we have such influence over nature as to alter her course so dramatically, whether intentionally or unintentionally. We simply have to adapt or give way to the process of evolution.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We lump together the opinions because they're shared by the same people: factually unencumbered liberals.

My next prediction: The gulf will be fine.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I don't think global warming is real or at least not a short-term issue, but there are other reasons to have limits on pollution.

It's not like Global warming being a scam = Let's pump more stuff into the air. The detractors like this issue because they seem to think that this gives them free reign to shit on the world.

People who focus on this issue too much tend to annoy me, doomsday shrills and detractors alike.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I don't think global warming is real or at least not a short-term issue, but there are other reasons to have limits on pollution.

It's not like Global warming being a scam = Let's pump more stuff into the air. The detractors like this issue because they seem to think that this gives them free reign to shit on the world.

People who focus on this issue too much tend to annoy me, doomsday shrills and detractors alike.
    I feel exactly the same way about this.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post

I definitely agree.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Remember, I said what discojoe said first*

That's right.... I said it before YOU did!

Therefore any bonus points you give to discojoe for this, you should give them to ME.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You both get bonus points. Unfortunately they can only be cashed in on this website, and we don't have that many good prizes for you.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone in this thread appeared to give DJ any points?
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vero View Post
    Has anyone in this thread appeared to give DJ any points?
    I don't require people to give me points. I simply take them and have my way with them.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like the white house may have fabricated those numbers. The spill is only 50% cleaned up.

Gulf oil spill: White House accused of spinning report | Environment | The Guardian

This is also interesting:
    "Even if there is not a drop of oil out there, and it had truly magically vanished, it would still be an environmental disaster caused by the toxic shock of the release of 5m barrels of oil."
    It seems like the oil can get get broken down into more toxic compounds that can't be easily cleaned up.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right now we are in the midst of the hottest summer and probably year in historical record, following decades of steadily rising temperatures, currently just out of a solar MINIMUM, with the highest level ever of CO2 whose origin is plainly anthropogenic, with sea levels that are rising as we speak, with oceans rapidly acidifying from CO2 absorption due to rising atmospheric CO2, while CO2 is physically proven to cause a greenhouse effect, and you guys are saying, "Global Warming is a hoax" or "Anthropogenic Global Warming is a hoax."

I don't even know what to say. I think your age and testosterone level simply program you to challenge the status quo or accepted consensus, whatever it happens to be.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Right now we are in the midst of the hottest summer and probably year in historical record, following decades of steadily rising temperatures, currently just out of a solar MINIMUM, with the highest level ever of CO2 whose origin is plainly anthropogenic, with sea levels that are rising as we speak, with oceans rapidly acidifying from CO2 absorption due to rising atmospheric CO2, while CO2 is physically proven to cause a greenhouse effect, and you guys are saying, "Global Warming is a hoax" or "Anthropogenic Global Warming is a hoax."
    Jesus, this load of emotional bullcrap makes me want to agree with discojoe, even if I don't.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus, this load of emotional bullcrap makes me want to agree with discojoe, even if I don't.
    What emotions? (and what bullcrap?)
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most scientists would probably agree roughly with Rick about anthropogenic climate change.

Scientists > people on this forum.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most scientists would probably agree roughly with Rick about anthropogenic climate change.

Scientists > people on this forum.
    Knowledge of opinions of scientists > Jxtes
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean View Post
    Knowledge of opinions of scientists ≠ Jxtes
    fixed

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    fixed
    okay thanks.
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. I thought the consensus is as real as the consensus for the molecular weight of Beryllium. Maybe a little less, still > 90-95%. Can you guys link me to a neutral source that disputes that?

I'll put any trust in Wikipedia aside for the moment.
    Climate change consensus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm genuinely curious, because the climate change debate isn't something I've followed.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard some legitimate people argue against it, but it's almost as settled as evolution. Of course some people argue against evolution (yes, yes, yes, largely on "ideological grounds" as if there were any grounds that aren't ideological), but the mainstream of the scientific community agrees with evolution totally. So yes the "scientific community" agrees on it as far as the scientific community can agree on anything. There are detractors for everything (hell, there are detractors for gravity, or at least every variant of the general scientific conception thereof).
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's an interesting link:

NorthPoint Astrology: Dr. Masaru Emoto's healing prayer for the gulf

Dr. Masaru Emoto's Healing Prayer for the Gulf

I send the energy of love and gratitude to the water and all the living creatures in the Gulf of Mexico and its surroundings.

To the whales, dolphins, pelicans, fish, shellfish, plankton, coral, algae, and all living creatures ... I am sorry.

Please forgive me.

Thank you.

I love you.

"The beauty of life trampled by the wave of darkness, ignorance, greed and destruction. Where man seeks power there is no love left..."

Gulf Coast now a BP police state as law enforcement conspires with BP to intimidate journalists

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast