Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Since Learning Socionics

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Since Learning Socionics...

When I see people, and I think, "wow, you're a good/nice/cool/friendly/pleasant/likeable person," my next thought is frequently, "huh, I hope they hook up with a dual person." Like I was looking at this LIIs facebook (cause I was bored so I was spinning through my facebook friends), and I was like, "I really hope dude finds a nice ESE somewhere." I need to open up a dual matchmaking service.

But I can't bring myself to wish LSEs on EIIs. I just think, "I wish you had a cooler dual." No offense to LSEs on this board. But the ones I've met irl I have not particularly been fans of. I guess what I really mean is that I can't figure out what would be so appealing to an EII about an LSE---but that's why LSEs aren't my dual, lol.

But yeah. It sort of irks me to think that people could in theory increase their average happiness by hanging out with more duals, and then I think, well darn it, if people *could* theoretically be more happy, they should be!

So yeah. I want people to hang out with, date, be friends with, etc., their duals. Now I just need to mastermind a plot to sneakily hook people up with duals.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    When I see people, and I think, "wow, you're a good/nice/cool/friendly/pleasant/likeable person," my next thought is frequently, "huh, I hope they hook up with a dual person." Like I was looking at this LIIs facebook (cause I was bored so I was spinning through my facebook friends), and I was like, "I really hope dude finds a nice ESE somewhere." I need to open up a dual matchmaking service.

But I can't bring myself to wish LSEs on EIIs. I just think, "I wish you had a cooler dual." No offense to LSEs on this board. But the ones I've met irl I have not particularly been fans of. I guess what I really mean is that I can't figure out what would be so appealing to an EII about an LSE---but that's why LSEs aren't my dual, lol.

But yeah. It sort of irks me to think that people could in theory increase their average happiness by hanging out with more duals, and then I think, well darn it, if people *could* theoretically be more happy, they should be!

So yeah. I want people to hang out with, date, be friends with, etc., their duals. Now I just need to mastermind a plot to sneakily hook people up with duals.
    But why limit yourself? I mean my core friend groups majority type is non-beta and I really couldn't be happier.
    Easy Day

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i would tend to agree with jwc3.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you'll play matchmaker behind the scenes? A beta group I once spent time with did that to me and tried to use socionics and failed (they paired ILI-IEI). All I can say is that I have since cut off relations to them. The funny thing about it is that they did the exact same thing to my identical friend and it turned out exactly the same way...

And what do you personally dislike about LSEs? I don't know many irl, and any ones I think may be LSEs are enjoyable company though I've had limited contact with them. The socionics page makes them seem fun enough..

And yeah, groups tend to not be based on quadra or at least I've noticed.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I can't either on many days. I have hope thought that they will chose and love. I support my duals in their endeavors.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    But why limit yourself? I mean my core friend groups majority type is non-beta and I really couldn't be happier.
    Me too actually, but I dunno, I think everyone should know at least one dual. Especially if you find two people who are both healthy, capable individuals, why not add another layer of positive-ness?

I didn't mean just duals, btw. I just meant at least one.

And what do you personally dislike about LSEs? I don't know many irl, and any ones I think may be LSEs are enjoyable company though I've had limited contact with them. The socionics page makes them seem fun enough..
    It bothers me that they care about things I see as irrelevant and expect others to care about them too. They seem to routinize things that just shouldn't be forced into a routine. They expect me to focus on practical details that I'm just not capable of focusing on (and that have little big picture impact, or so it seems), and then act like it's a crime to have failed to do so. Plus they think I'm weird and don't think it's cute.

And yeah, groups tend to not be based on quadra or at least I've noticed.
    I think many but not all long-term friendships tend to have some quadra similarities/complementary functions. My most long term friends are SLE, ILI, and LSI, but I think every real group I've hung out with has included significant representation of at least two quadras, and the one I hang out with most now is all over the place, socionics wise. I have a blog post about it, although I think I might have since revised some of the typings.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

They are appealing because most look great physically; I like their hearty and healthy sexuality and physicality. They like to take control in the physical sense and that creates a sense of healthy physicality. I like that most of my duals are intellectuals and are well educated; we can have very good conversations about wide range of topics. They can be very caring and sensitive once you're in their inner circles, but complete jerks, and some are rather unapproachable when they don't know you yet, according to their terms of getting to know someone. When you are in the inner circle, they can care deeply about having hurt your emotions and are very sensitive, honorable, and care taking (cooking, cleaning, massaging).

I haven't had much luck dating them because I always meet the push away flag. DEAD END.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What other type would send me text messages as reminders to take my medication?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    Any type can do that.
    -

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Any type can do that.
    My point is that an LSE does that for me. It's just one of the many reasons why I heart them.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds like something I would do.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    My mom, who is ILI, does that to me too.
    -

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Let's dualize.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Go for it. Promise though that you will report back to me when it doesn't work out. I'm always curious about how things go when people mistype themselves and get into bad relationships.
    -

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Go for it. Promise though that you will report back to me when it doesn't work out. I'm always curious about how things go when people mistype themselves and get into bad relationships.
    I'M NOT SEE! *falls over dead*

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'M NOT SEE! *falls over dead*
    Oh, I know you've got a lot of Fi. Proove it.

You have two strikes against you; you don't VI like INFj and you don't use Ne like one either.

I'm using Ne right here. Can you figure out what it is?
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What type am I again, Maritsa ?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    What type am I again, Maritsa ?
    ISTp or ESTp
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ISTp or ESTp
    Not IEI anymore ?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Not IEI anymore ?
    :wink:

I PM-d you
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

:wink:
    Okay, let me put it this way - what's Obersturmführer Airborne's type ?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Okay, let me put it this way - what's Obersturmführer Airborne's type ?
    ESTj
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ESTj
    Okay

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh, I know you've got a lot of Fi. Proove it.

You have two strikes against you; you don't VI like INFj and you don't use Ne like one either.

I'm using Ne right here. Can you figure out what it is?

Oh noes, is it three strikes and I have to leave the forum? Seriously, this is silly.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Oh noes, is it three strikes and I have to leave the forum? Seriously, this is silly.
    No; I don't want you to leave. That's not the EII way, but you should know that too. That were inclusionary not exclusionary. I just want to know what you see about your self that you think is EII with regards to use of Ne.
    -

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No; I don't want you to leave. That's not the EII way, but you should know that too. That were inclusionary not exclusionary. I just want to know what you see about your self that you think is EII with regards to use of Ne.
    Thanks, I was just being silly with that comment more than anything.

Well, as one form of evidence for being Ne > Se, I relate to the speech themes of Ne much more than those of Se: Notes on "The Semantics of the Information Elements"

It's funny, because I actually see myself as an intuitive subtype. The descriptions here fit me quite well: EII subtypes - Wikisocion In contrast, I really don't see myself in Gamma SF descriptions. Do you?

I know you can't verify these claims, but I've experienced heavy duality (with the obvious stages) with an LSE. I believe I share an identical relationship with my EII sister, a mirror relationship with my IEE mother, and so on. The intertype relationships make much more sense with an EII typing than any other typing.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well, as one form of evidence for being Ne > Se, I relate to the speech themes of Ne much more than those of Se: Notes on "The Semantics of the Information Elements"

It's funny, because I actually see myself as an intuitive subtype. The descriptions here fit me quite well: EII subtypes - Wikisocion In contrast, I really don't see myself in Gamma SF descriptions. Do you?

I know you can't verify these claims, but I'm experienced heavy duality (with the obvious stages) with an LSE. I believe I share an identical relationship with my EII sister, a mirror relationship with my IEE mother, and so on. The intertype relationships make much more sense with an EII typing than any other typing.
    This is having Ti polr because you're picking a system that you associate with rather then explaining to me what actions you take with regards to Ne.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Why is that " PoLR"? And correct me if I'm wrong—but haven't you used this same exact reason before to argue for people being valuers… ? Gah, its like you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Which begs the question of whether there really is such a thing as an " action." What would something like that even be? Just curious.
    I take a small segment of a system which describes or correlates with what I am speaking of and tie them or show them together to show proof of consistency. I don't follow the whole system as I feel that there are many perspectives. Ti PoLR takes the whole thing.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Which begs the question of whether there really is such a thing as an " action." What would something like that even be? Just curious.
    Ne action is best displayed in the post minde made in the itunes thread.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

But everything she told you was largely anecdotal, supported with a few pieces of relevant evidence to help corroborate what she was trying to explain.

There's no PoLR in any of this IMO and there are no appeals to systems taking place.
    Filatova best descibes this, and I'm putting it in my Ti role kinda way that the reason why she posted her post in the way in which she did is because even thought she does have a heavy stock of knowledge and facts, this steming from Te activation, that SEE is unable to sufficiently make use of it (thus being Ti PoLR); having detailed knowledge and yet not being able to use this detailed knowledge only looking for the things on the surface. It may not be clear for you to see because I can see the process unfold in time in linear way, much like a motion of events that accumulates into one picture (this is with my Ne ego and Ni perception). But one clear example of Ti polr manifestation is how April posts a response in that fashion. Especially not being able to hold logical discussions for long...

Ti: The weakness of this function is developed in the fact that activities for the SEE frequently carry a chaotic nature; in his behaviour there is no systematic pattern of character.

Even if SEE possesses a heavy stock of knowledge, he is not always able to sufficiently make use of it; his emotionalism frequently re-weighs logic. His erudition manifests itself in sudden flashes but he never keeps on one topic for long. An extroverted sensory type, his need for external activity frequently manifests itself in uncontrollable motor activity. Thus he may be prone to acting before thinking.

Here: Lot's of details in evidence (Te), but not tying them into how it relates with her.

I know you can't verify these claims, but I've experienced heavy duality (with the obvious stages) with an LSE. I believe I share an identical relationship with my EII sister, a mirror relationship with my IEE mother, and so on. The intertype relationships make much more sense with an EII typing than any other typing.
    She writes that she sees herself as an N type, but so? How? there's a blankness. She chooses a system that fits but doesn't look at those details.

Your sister is not EII April. I am.
    -

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I take a small segment of a system which describes or correlates with what I am speaking of and tie them or show them together to show proof of consistency. I don't follow the whole system as I feel that there are many perspectives. Ti PoLR takes the whole thing.
    If the shoe fits, you might as well stick your whole foot in.

Filatova best descibes this, and I'm putting it in my Ti role kinda way that the reason why she posted her post in the way in which she did is because even thought she does have a heavy stock of knowledge and facts, this steming from Te activation, that SEE is unable to sufficiently make use of it (thus being Ti PoLR); having detailed knowledge and yet not being able to use this detailed knowledge only looking for the things on the surface. It may not be clear for you to see because I can see the process unfold in time in linear way, much like a motion of events that accumulates into one picture (this is with my Ne ego and Ni perception). But one clear example of Ti polr manifestation is how April posts a response in that fashion. Especially not being able to hold logical discussions for long...

Ti: The weakness of this function is developed in the fact that activities for the SEE frequently carry a chaotic nature; in his behaviour there is no systematic pattern of character.

Even if SEE possesses a heavy stock of knowledge, he is not always able to sufficiently make use of it; his emotionalism frequently re-weighs logic. His erudition manifests itself in sudden flashes but he never keeps on one topic for long. An extroverted sensory type, his need for external activity frequently manifests itself in uncontrollable motor activity. Thus he may be prone to acting before thinking.

Here: Lot's of details in evidence (Te), but not tying them into how it relates with her.

She writes that she sees herself as an N type, but so? How? there's a blankness. She chooses a system that fits but doesn't look at those details.

Your sister is not EII April. I am.
    Saying my sister isn't EII is just absolutely ridiculous. She's a textbook example. You know nothing about her.

I can hold very long logical discussions. I just don't want to hold them with you.

I've examined the details plenty. I'm not going to make a huge post highlighting parts of descriptions and giving examples of how I demonstrate them. I could, but I don't want to waste my time.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

If the shoe fits, you might as well stick your whole foot in.

Saying my sister isn't EII is just absolutely ridiculous. She's a textbook example. You know nothing about her.

I can hold very long logical discussions. I just don't want to hold them with you.

I've examined the details plenty. I'm not going to make a huge post highlighting parts of descriptions and giving examples of how I demonstrate them. I could, but I don't want to waste my time.
    April, stop dodging my questions and stick to topic. How do you use Ne; give me an example.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I can do that for you.

April likes apples and, hmm, food.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

April, stop dodging my questions and stick to topic. How do you use Ne; give me an example.
    Okay. I'll give you two examples.

I use Ne to encourage and support the positive potential within every individual. When people are quick to point fingers or call names, I'm often there to highlight the positive aspects of their being. I like to share what I appreciate about other people to help maintain an emotional bond (Fi), but often in unexpected, insightful ways that gets to the core of a person (Ne).

For example, I used to do volunteer work in a special education classroom at a nearby school. There was one autistic student, in particular, who gave everybody a lot of trouble. It was very difficult working with him, and he'd often get violent. Teachers and other volunteers would talk about him behind his back. I noticed one day that he made a paper airplane and seemed very interested in it. The next day, I asked him if he would come to the library with me. I got out some books about airplanes, and we went over many different types of airplanes and talked about how we could make different kinds of paper airplanes to represent the planes in the books. It was the first time I ever saw him smile. I think I did some good that day by seeing the potential for some happiness and interest in certain topics in him. This may be a silly example, but it illustrates how I approach the world and other people in general.

Another example would be my role in the work environment. I'm not on the highest rung of management, but my bosses frequently ask me for my opinions on how different strategies will play out over time because of my strengths in this area (Ne/Ni). I can quickly see the potential pitfalls and obstacles to certain courses of action, to which I respond by generating ideas for preventing those potential negative outcomes. This makes me a valuable employee in times of crisis.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Okay. I'll give you two examples.

I use Ne to encourage and support the positive potential within every individual. When people are quick to point fingers or call names, I'm often there to highlight the positive aspects of their being. I like to share what I appreciate about other people to help maintain an emotional bond (Fi), but often in unexpected, insightful ways that gets to the core of a person (Ne).
    That's not Ne anyone can do that. NOthing that you wrote is Ne ego.

That's Fi
    -

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's not Ne anyone can do that. NOthing that you wrote is Ne ego.

That's Fi
    I believe it's Fi with Ne. You don't think my second example is strong intuition? Oh my.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I use Ne to encourage and support the positive potential within every individual.
    This is Fi

When people are quick to point fingers or call names, I'm often there to highlight the positive aspects of their being. I like to share what I appreciate about other people to help maintain an emotional bond (Fi), but often in unexpected, insightful ways that gets to the core of a person (Ne).
    That part is Fi only.

For example, I used to do volunteer work in a special education classroom at a nearby school. There was one autistic student, in particular, who gave everybody a lot of trouble. It was very difficult working with him, and he'd often get violent. Teachers and other volunteers would talk about him behind his back. I noticed one day that he made a paper airplane and seemed very interested in it. The next day, I asked him if he would come to the library with me. I got out some books about airplanes, and we went over many different types of airplanes and talked about how we could make different kinds of paper airplanes to represent the planes in the books. It was the first time I ever saw him smile. I think I did some good that day by seeing the potential for some happiness and interest in certain topics in him. This may be a silly example, but it illustrates how I approach the world and other people in general.
    Very visual. Fi no Ne.

Another example would be my role in the work environment. I'm not on the highest rung of management, but my bosses frequently ask me for my opinions on how different strategies will play out over time because of my strengths in this area (Ne/Ni). I can quickly see the potential pitfalls and obstacles to certain courses of action, to which I respond by generating ideas for preventing those potential negative outcomes. This makes me a valuable employee in times of crisis.
    Se
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The ways in which I use Ne, April, are:

1. I look for ideas, interesting ideas and less so at visual things in magazines, books, and articles.

2. I generate intellectual interest and curiosity in others and using others' curiosity to get them to do things, like talking about trivial things like ideas I see in design, flower decorations, and cooking, exploring interesting and new combinations of doing things; which I will hand over to my ESE cousin, who does the cooking and I will ask her to try that new idea.

3. I see parallels between different situations, areas of knowledge or skill, and people, and likes to establish contacts across different fields of knowledge and social groups, which allows him to be part of many things at once. I ask people to talk about their perspective and I will talk about mine, with keeping in mind that I can reconcile our views and come to a common understanding.

4. I set standards for others in their behavior and even in threads, I will point out when I see something that does not meet my ideals for humanity, as in people talking about race, religion, penis size, etc.

5. When I find that someone wants or is concerned about a situation; I will pursue ideas to help them; for example, my friend today, got in trouble with the law and now I'm looking for ideas to help her extricate herself from trouble rather then helping her find people to help her extricate her from troubles. See the reverse of the two situations here.

6. Find a good idea or product; explain what qualities it has and why it will be useful or helpfull. Explain why people SHOULD do as I find interesting.
    -

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Related to my first example:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratievskaya's EII's Ne description
    In each person Dostoyevsky tries to see and to reveal positive ethical potential - the quality, because of which the representatives of this type magnificently work in the region of pedagogy.

Related to my second example:
    Quote Originally Posted by Filatova's EII's Ne description
    Possesses an excellent eye for promising long-range opportunities; knows how to manipulate variants and select the most promising one. Prefers methodical activities, is frequently disturbed by the future.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What do you mean 'only looking for things on the surface'?
    When someone looks at something and says I see myself as this (Se-seeing themselves as an object, seeing the other thing as an object and saying, on a suface level that that's what they see) instead of analyzing the points associated within that system.

Minde is a good Example of what EII would do in her self typing thread when she goes through something point by point. Hence, more abstract and tactical; where as April is more strategic and to the objective.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 08-03-2010 at 02:45 AM.
    -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast