Thread: Since Learning Socionics

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    When someone looks at something and says I see myself as this (Se-seeing themselves as an object, seeing the other thing as an object and saying, on a suface level that that's what they see) instead of analyzing the points associated within that system.

Minde is a good Example of what EII would do in her self typing thread when she goes through something point by point. Hence, more abstract and tactical; where as April is more strategic and to the objective.
    I have read about Socionics for several years and have analyzed "the points associated within that system" for a long time now. Your assumptions are condescending.

A lot of my posts were erased at one point, but I used to go through descriptions with Minde and Diana about INFjs, line by line sometimes. It's just not what I care to do anymore.

Secondly, I'm curious, what do you think tactics and strategy have to do with this? Perhaps you should read about Tactical and strategic - Wikisocion Reinin dichotomies.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    I have read about Socionics for several years and have analyzed "the points associated within that system" for a long time now. Your assumptions are condescending.

A lot of my posts were erased at one point, but I used to go through descriptions with Minde and Diana about INFjs, line by line sometimes. It's just not what I care to do anymore.

Secondly, I'm curious, what do you think tactics and strategy have to do with this? Perhaps you should read about Tactical and strategic - Wikisocion Reinin dichotomies.
    I don't need to read any of it; I know very well how each type uses tactics and strategies; Since you mentioned strategy you already move into Se zone, because you're then you're mobilizing people to enact your will dynamically, such as you described the way you interact with people. By the way, discussion of different kinds of objects in not Ne either; Ne sees the potential of one object and identifies characteristics with regards to it's efficacy. You, spending time talking to a kid about lots of different airplanes (objects) is not Ne.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't need to read any of it; I know very well how each type uses tactics and strategies; Since you mentioned strategy you already move into Se zone, because you're then you're mobilizing people to enact your will dynamically, such as you described the way you interact with people. By the way, discussion of different kinds of objects in not Ne either; Ne sees the potential of one object and identifies characteristics with regards to it's efficacy. You, spending time talking to a kid about lots of different airplanes (objects) is not Ne.
    Oh dear. The point of my example was that I could intuitively zero in on his interests. Talking about different kinds of objects is not my favorite pastime, and had nothing to do with my example. You just focus on whatever evidence you think supports your ideas and throw away the rest. I'm getting tired of this...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    Oh dear. The point of my example was that I could intuitively zero in on his interests. Talking about different kinds of objects is not my favorite pastime, and had nothing to do with my example. You just focus on whatever evidence you think supports your ideas and throw away the rest. I'm getting tired of this...

You get tired because you can't sustain a logical argument for a long time.

You mention way too many objects and focus on externalities of them...here...

Originally Posted by April
    For example, I used to do volunteer work in a special education classroom at a nearby school. There was one autistic student, in particular, who gave everybody a lot of trouble. It was very difficult working with him, and he'd often get violent. Teachers and other volunteers would talk about him behind his back. I noticed one day that he made a paper airplane and seemed very interested in it. The next day, I asked him if he would come to the library with me. I got out some books about airplanes, and we went over many different types of airplanes and talked about how we could make different kinds of paper airplanes to represent the planes in the books. It was the first time I ever saw him smile. I think I did some good that day by seeing the potential for some happiness and interest in certain topics in him. This may be a silly example, but it illustrates how I approach the world and other people in general.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so... what did this thread turn into while I was away? Can I get a recap?
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm using Ne right here. Can you figure out what it is?
    Is that when you state stuff matter-of-factly and believe it's true?

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    so... what did this thread turn into while I was away? Can I get a recap?
    I'm sorry to be involved in the hijacking of your thread, silverchris. Do you want a mod to split the topic?

A short recap would be that Maritsa continues to type EIIs as SEEs, and I am no exception. Remember when she typed Minde as SEE and essentially harassed Minde until Minde put her on ignore? Well, I've never put anybody on ignore, but I'm getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Is that when you state stuff matter-of-factly and believe it's true?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maritsa33
    Quote Originally Posted by April
    Quote:
    I use Ne to encourage and support the positive potential within every individual.
    This is Fi
    No that's Ne in service to Fi. In order to encourage and support positive potential in someone, it necessitates assessing the potential and coming up with lots of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33
    Quote:
    When people are quick to point fingers or call names, I'm often there to highlight the positive aspects of their being. I like to share what I appreciate about other people to help maintain an emotional bond (Fi), but often in unexpected, insightful ways that gets to the core of a person (Ne).
    That part is Fi only.
    Negatory. Again, Maritsa, you do not have enough insight here to see that the action that April is talking about requires the ability to perceive multiple perspectives and come up with abstract ideas.

Quote:
    For example, I used to do volunteer work in a special education classroom at a nearby school. There was one autistic student, in particular, who gave everybody a lot of trouble. It was very difficult working with him, and he'd often get violent. Teachers and other volunteers would talk about him behind his back. I noticed one day that he made a paper airplane and seemed very interested in it. The next day, I asked him if he would come to the library with me. I got out some books about airplanes, and we went over many different types of airplanes and talked about how we could make different kinds of paper airplanes to represent the planes in the books. It was the first time I ever saw him smile. I think I did some good that day by seeing the potential for some happiness and interest in certain topics in him. This may be a silly example, but it illustrates how I approach the world and other people in general.
    Very visual. Fi no Ne.
    Again, Maritsa, you seem to lack the insight and ability to think abstractly in recognizing that this was not simply an Se-based task of making and looking at airplanes. Behind this seemingly sensory task was the more profound ability to find the key to a person with severe communication problems and come up with an IDEA on the fly to relate to him.

Quote:
    Another example would be my role in the work environment. I'm not on the highest rung of management, but my bosses frequently ask me for my opinions on how different strategies will play out over time because of my strengths in this area (Ne/Ni). I can quickly see the potential pitfalls and obstacles to certain courses of action, to which I respond by generating ideas for preventing those potential negative outcomes. This makes me a valuable employee in times of crisis.
    Se
    You're saying this is Se, Maritsa, but I really dont see how April's ability to perform this is any different from what you describe is one of "the ways you use Ne":

5. When I find that someone wants or is concerned about a situation; I will pursue ideas to help them; for example, my friend today, got in trouble with the law and now I'm looking for ideas to help her extricate herself from trouble rather then helping her find people to help her extricate her from troubles. See the reverse of the two situations here.

6. Find a good idea or product; explain what qualities it has and why it will be useful or helpfull. Explain why people SHOULD do as I find interesting.
    Like i've said to you repeatedly in the past, Maritsa, you can't make someone fit a type just because you want them to, if they are not that type. You can't go redefining IE's to suit your purposes (i.e. when applied to you, it's one IE, but when applied to someone else it's another IE). That's not how socionics works, Maritsa.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    I guess what I really mean is that I can't figure out what would be so appealing to an EII about an LSE---but that's why LSEs aren't my dual, lol.
    Quality home furnishings, well tailored clothes, knowledge of how to eat well and tastefully on a reaonable budget... efficiant utilisation of 3-4 sexual positions.
    IEE-Ne

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quality home furnishings, well tailored clothes, knowledge of how to eat well and tastefully on a reaonable budget... efficiant utilisation of 3-4 sexual positions.
    rofl.

@april, maritsa, nah, no problem, threadjack away. It's one of the things I like about this place.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa wouldn't like that, since she's IEI.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12