View Poll Results: Type?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESFj

    0 0%
  • ISFp

    0 0%
  • INTj

    0 0%
  • ENTp

    2 22.22%
  • ESTp

    0 0%
  • ISTj

    0 0%
  • INFp

    0 0%
  • ENFj

    0 0%
  • INTp

    2 22.22%
  • ENTj

    0 0%
  • ESFp

    0 0%
  • ISFj

    0 0%
  • ESTj

    0 0%
  • ISTp

    1 11.11%
  • INFj

    0 0%
  • ENFp

    0 0%
  • A Good One

    2 22.22%
  • An Evil One

    0 0%
  • Don't know/Don't care

    2 22.22%
  • I don't think you are genuine.

    0 0%
  • Has a screw loose somewhere.

    0 0%
Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: My Type

  1. #1
    Punk
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    1,659
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default My Type

    What should it be?

  2. #2
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ENTp huh? I haven't gotten that impression. So far INTp makes the most sense tentatively.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    You were what before ?

  4. #4
    Punk
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    1,659
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    You were what before ?
    INTp. But I've considered INFj, INFp, ISFj, INTj, ENTj.

    Would this be an example of Fe PoLR, or Fe ignoring/limiting?

    One day I went to a cafeteria I often go to and there was a person I had recognized before at the cash register. She's an obvious Fe base and seems to make a game out of the many ways she can ask someone how they are doing and get some shock appeal or emotion out of them. A day before I had smiled slyly and asked her how many times she thinks she greets people and she said she doesn't know and could count it, and I said "Nah, it's not worth it." and walked away ending the conversation there with a smile on face. But this day I think she remembered me and took offense or thought I was being condescending when I talked to her because she seemed turned off to the smiling friendly gesture I had given her and didn't engage me like she does all the other customers because I've sit close to her and watched her before out of some kind of fascination. And when I left that day I smiled and said "see ya" and then she gave me a dead look said "have a nice day". This was totally not normal. Then I thought "wtf, either she thinks I'm an asshole, thinks I'm really weird, or she feels awkward around me." And now I'm starting to remember my fucked up interactions with an ESE I had to live with for awhile. So that's Fe PoLR?

    Really, it seems impossible for anyone to be ILI. It seems like you'd have to be retarded or autistic to have Fe PoLR. I just can't fathom it. Does anyone have a good explanation of Fe PoLR?

  5. #5
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ILIs just aren't very in tune to the emotional environment of situations and among people, or just don't really care about how people express, but rather the sort of raw information that's given. I think that's the best way to put it, and additionally because of PoLR they feel overly awkward around Fe displays and environments, like a social game within a fun interaction, a busy hangout where thoughts are flying around, a party, even a chat room, and just see an overall problem being a significant part of the social world. It has a lot to do with what's being said and implied through emotional context. Things tend to seem overbearing, nothing sticks, and Fe-PoLRs really dislike displays from Fe-dominants or being their center of attention, because it feels smothering. Fe-PoLRs are also horrible at understanding social cues, like what different sentiments are being exchanged in the reality of a conversation, and the underlying meanings in how normal people express themselves day to day, and don't like or grasp the variety of emotional remarks or ways of small talk, much preferring raw information. There tends to be an overall difficulty engaging in the atmosphere, knowing what to do or say much of the time, not really having anything likable to contribute. There's a strong tendency that Fe-PoLRs would be the social rejects or the antisocials of the socion, even though as they grow older I think they will have an easier time coping among people using their Te or Fi instead, or other methods besides those associated with understanding Fe.

    Here's an Fe-PoLR description that illustrates some good points
    ILIs are typically out of touch with expressing their emotional states. They are often seen as cold, unresponsive, and undesiring of human contact (which is often not the case). As a consequence, ILIs tend to be somewhat reclusive and often feel out of touch with their social surroundings. The rules of social "games" are often not naturally understood by ILIs. The are often unconfident and uneasy in social settings, especially those in which they feel that are expected to abide by social conventions that they have little connection to such as tribesmanship or purposeless joviality. Additionally, ILIs tend to regard the development of trust with others with significant anxiety, fearing that their inner world or antisocial tendencies will be unfavorably looked upon by others, and that most of the good will and friendliness they see in others is a pretense of social interaction rather than an expression of genuine emotional reactions. Often ILIs eschew many social situations and neglect emotional association with groups, instead seeking deep emotional connections with individuals.

    ILIs are often seen as especially negative, harsh, and overly critical. This is in part because ILIs -- when serious -- tend to communicate in a direct, straightforward manner. They sometimes are unaware of others' reactions to their ideas and may avoid sugar-coating them. Many ILIs see their criticism as constructive and believe that they would be doing others no good by withholding their ideas. Because of their incessant criticism and negativism, ILIs are sometimes seen as haughty or arrogant.

  6. #6
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    No, thats pretty much exactly it. The autistic dumbshits on these boards use it as a catchall excuse to write-off their pervasive inability to engage in normal social contact and to justify their stubborn unwillingness to bother understanding the human condition in any way, shape, or form that might dare extend beyond the scope of their own selfish wallowing. Essentially speaking, mommy didn't give them enough attention when they were a child, so " PoLR" became their credo.
    Well apparently we have an Fe valuer.

    Judging from that response, I take it that you don't really understand Fe PoLR and Fi-valuing the way ILIs and SLIs do. (though sorry I'm not really sure who you are referring to.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    If you want to understand actual PoLR, you're better off reading nanashi's posts or Aiss's if she has anywhere. A lot of INTps tend to be really girly, hyper-sensitive, and you're liable to catch them drooling everywhere in their more unguarded moments.
    Yeah aiss is likely an ILI and she is a girl. ILI are typically pretty sensitive creatures.

  7. #7
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,338
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    Then I thought "wtf, either she thinks I'm an asshole, thinks I'm really weird, or she feels awkward around me."
    There are other things it could be.
    She may have thought your "it doesn't matter" comment implied that she didn't matter. :frown:
    It could also be that as friendly as she's been with all the customers, that she got put on notice to tone it down.
    It could be she was having a not so great moment/day.
    Or any number of other things.
    Or, lol, it could mean she thinks you're weird for sitting down and watching her, you stalker you.
    ooh, or maybe she likes you and suddenly froze up in anxiety over what to say.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  8. #8
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Yeah, let's totally marginalize everything we dislike as being proprietary of our PoLR function and blame it as being the bane of our existence. That's definitely a winner's approach.
    Okay.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Are you sure you do? You seem to confuse PoLR with being an emotionally-stunted robot, and it isn't like that in the least. Not a single one of the IXTps act like this. You're probably conflating your Infantile disposition with " agenda" too like the other faux-INTps do.
    Not emotionally stunted. Just Fe-stunted, Fe-vulnerable. It is Fi-PoLRs who can't easily see Fi as emotions because they aren't really accessible or apparent to their radar (something you choose to attribute to Fe types instead of Fi types for whatever reason.)

    I wouldn't call ILI robots--more like aliens. LIIs seem more robotic.

  9. #9
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    I guess that means I'm not -val since I just said IXTps aren't robots.
    I think it's a typical misunderstanding for Fe valuers to think that ILIs are robots, when they're really not like that. I presume you're implying instead that ILIs aren't robots because you think they're your mirror, and not because you actually understand ILIs. I think however most people who read about Fe-PoLR similarly to what I've written here will not take it out of context like you've been doing.

  10. #10
    xerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,472
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey divided. Tell us why you think you're ego.
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

  11. #11
    I'm a Ti-Te! Skeptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    US
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    522
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    INTp. But I've considered INFj, INFp, ISFj, INTj, ENTj.

    Would this be an example of Fe PoLR, or Fe ignoring/limiting?

    One day I went to a cafeteria I often go to and there was a person I had recognized before at the cash register. She's an obvious Fe base and seems to make a game out of the many ways she can ask someone how they are doing and get some shock appeal or emotion out of them. A day before I had smiled slyly and asked her how many times she thinks she greets people and she said she doesn't know and could count it, and I said "Nah, it's not worth it." and walked away ending the conversation there with a smile on face. But this day I think she remembered me and took offense or thought I was being condescending when I talked to her because she seemed turned off to the smiling friendly gesture I had given her and didn't engage me like she does all the other customers because I've sit close to her and watched her before out of some kind of fascination. And when I left that day I smiled and said "see ya" and then she gave me a dead look said "have a nice day". This was totally not normal. Then I thought "wtf, either she thinks I'm an asshole, thinks I'm really weird, or she feels awkward around me." And now I'm starting to remember my fucked up interactions with an ESE I had to live with for awhile. So that's Fe PoLR?

    Really, it seems impossible for anyone to be ILI. It seems like you'd have to be retarded or autistic to have Fe PoLR. I just can't fathom it. Does anyone have a good explanation of Fe PoLR?
    Whenever Fe POLR is used to describe issues socially interacting with others, you know there is a problem with the description. It's just not true. Some people may use it to describe a lack of social skills, but this is a totally wrong use of socionics and is an excuse for not putting in effort to improve their social skills/may just be a misunderstanding. INTps are perfectly capable of light socializing with all types in the socion; conflicts may or may not arise in more heavy conversation with an Fe ego. Everyone is different, though, so conversation can not be scientifically broken down by socionics...

    I'm also interested in why you are considering big egos coupled with egos. Why do you think you're logical as opposed to the ethical types you considered?

  12. #12
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I disagree with that. I think most ILIs would disagree with that. Fe-PoLR plays a large role in the behavior relating to not doing well in social interactions, a similar parallel to Fi-PoLR, and structurally it begins to name a number of various reasons connected to how Fe users process things. It has nothing to do with not being able to improve one's social skills though, and improving some Fe-related methods. But most ILIs aren't like that--and you can find this negative element in many ILI descriptions. It comes down to grasping what Fi and Fe are and how they fundamentally differ--that they have a different set of goals, and what the absence and vulnerability of Fe ultimately implies for an ILI or SLI realistically.

    I do agree though, that any type can get better at anything, when they put their mind to it.

  13. #13
    Punk
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    1,659
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Lol, Divided's thread totally got shit on.
    Lol, it's okay. What you and Polikujm discussed was interesting and I'm not sure I expected a resolution anyway, but was willing to see if I could be wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes
    Hey divided. Tell us why you think you're ego.
    Well, I'm not really sure about that exactly. I'm pretty sure that I'm not a Te/Fe/Se/Ne ego. I'm not really sure about Si, but I don't match up with ISFps or ISTps in terms of their enjoyment in Si matters, such as enjoying spending lots of time and money on good food and activities that don't require too much in-dept learning, unless it is a personal interest or something they need to do for work or school. Not that I'm suggesting that I think they are dumb, I'm not. It's just that I'm a lot less likely to be able to get an Si-dominant to play a game like Risk, Chess, or an RTS-game. Although an ISTp might as long as they think you have explained the rules clearly, eloquantly, quickly, and as non-contradictory as possible, or else they quickly refuse to play and end the game by disconnecting or tossing the board in the air; it's a bit comical actually. But I guess theory-wise this would be them getting tired of having to use Ni-role and wanting to do something else, if that even really makes any sense.

    One reason I could come up with for being Ni ego is that I have a huge tendency to want to determine as much as I can about the people around me without making a mistake. This tends to make me really careful and patient about what I say and respond to with someone so that I have time to put the information together and determine what might be true or make accurate guesses.

    Sometimes this can cause me to appear to stare off into space or appear to be deeply thinking by others around me. I used to be told constantly by my family when I was younger that I was slow-moving and oblivious to what was going on. I think the way my brother put it was "He has two speeds: slow and slower." I don't see the point in rushing unless time is critical.

    I'm inclined to see Ni as an internally high-energy mental-processing function that ignores incoming information in favor of sorting what is already known. I suppose it is like a double-edged sword in this way because the Ni-user can become more lost in their head and less aware of their surroundings then they arguably should be. I could see Fe-PoLR maybe in this case being represented by the effect of being annoyed by another person's desire to break one's thoughts in favor of drawing an emotional reaction, which can be really annoying if this makes it hard to sort information. Maybe Fe-PoLR also could mean finding something that someone is saying silly in some way and responding with what might seem like a slightly sinister emotional sarcasm to other people.

    But then for Fi, I could also see an argument for having Fe limiting/ignoring. I'm pretty aware of how people are feeling most of the time. I've been known to act against two people having an argument and explain to each person what the other person is feeling and have them both agree completely. Sometimes people can be baffled by this; I can easily tell this when someone gives me an expression of confused bewilderment when they see I am able to understand another person's feelings so well. But this is somewhat more rare.

  14. #14
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,338
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The bolded emphasis is mine so you'd know what I was referring to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    Well, I'm not really sure about that exactly. I'm pretty sure that I'm not a Te/Fe/Se/Ne ego. I'm not really sure about Si, but I don't match up with ISFps or ISTps in terms of their enjoyment in Si matters, such as enjoying spending lots of time and money on good food and activities that don't require too much in-dept learning, unless it is a personal interest or something they need to do for work or school. Not that I'm suggesting that I think they are dumb, I'm not. It's just that I'm a lot less likely to be able to get an Si-dominant to play a game like Risk, Chess, or an RTS-game. Although an ISTp might as long as they think you have explained the rules clearly, eloquantly, quickly, and as non-contradictory as possible, or else they quickly refuse to play and end the game by disconnecting or tossing the board in the air; it's a bit comical actually. But I guess theory-wise this would be them getting tired of having to use Ni-role and wanting to do something else, if that even really makes any sense.
    The ISFp that I live with (Richard) doesn't actually like spending time and money on food. He'll eat pretty much anything, and doesn't like to put much effort into getting food on the table. But if I mention that I'd like take out or such, his will power to resist that is nil. He's not miserly, he's just battling with the desire to have a quick easy meal vs trying to be healthy...all combined with wanting to save money for a better home for us.

    As for games, the two ISFps that I know both like turn-based strategy games, particularly if it involves moving little pieces. Risk like games, but mostly things like miniature war games. Richard actually buys and sells and paints war game miniatures. I'd say that this is his major spendature each month, buying new games, new miniatures, painting them, etc. and going into town to play with the guys each saturday. It's all his primary hobby. (arguing on political and newspaper forums/sections is his other big hobby, lol)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  15. #15
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    I'm inclined to see Ni as an internally high-energy mental-processing function that ignores incoming information in favor of sorting what is already known. I suppose it is like a double-edged sword in this way because the Ni-user can become more lost in their head and less aware of their surroundings then they arguably should be. I could see Fe-PoLR maybe in this case being represented by the effect of being annoyed by another person's desire to break one's thoughts in favor of drawing an emotional reaction, which can be really annoying if this makes it hard to sort information. Maybe Fe-PoLR also could mean finding something that someone is saying silly in some way and responding with what might seem like a slightly sinister emotional sarcasm to other people.

    But then for Fi, I could also see an argument for having Fe limiting/ignoring. I'm pretty aware of how people are feeling most of the time. I've been known to act against two people having an argument and explain to each person what the other person is feeling and have them both agree completely. Sometimes people can be baffled by this; I can easily tell this when someone gives me an expression of confused bewilderment when they see I am able to understand another person's feelings so well. But this is somewhat more rare.
    These are very fitting points, especially the first paragraph, for an ILI (and I relate a lot to what you were implying). The second paragraph is also a sort of unexpected interpretation of something an ILI might notice, but it's perfectly logical. ILIs can sometimes find themselves in a position of easily reading the feelings of others, especially in terms of one's impression on them, or what others disposition toward them are (and they even go about imagining these dispositions when there is little or no indication). I think this is a natural Fi defense mechanism against PoLR, and what some people seem to misinterpret about Fe is that it's the only function about emotions--yet they don't even regard Fi as dealing in a different internal field-like kind of emotional context.

  16. #16
    I'm a Ti-Te! Skeptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    US
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    522
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    It's just that I'm a lot less likely to be able to get an Si-dominant to play a game like Risk, Chess, or an RTS-game. Although an ISTp might as long as they think you have explained the rules clearly, eloquantly, quickly, and as non-contradictory as possible, or else they quickly refuse to play and end the game by disconnecting or tossing the board in the air; it's a bit comical actually. But I guess theory-wise this would be them getting tired of having to use Ni-role and wanting to do something else, if that even really makes any sense.
    Lol.

    ed to see Ni as an internally high-energy mental-processing function that ignores incoming information in favor of sorting what is already known. I suppose it is like a double-edged sword in this way because the Ni-user can become more lost in their head and less aware of their surroundings then they arguably should be. I could see Fe-PoLR maybe in this case being represented by the effect of being annoyed by another person's desire to break one's thoughts in favor of drawing an emotional reaction, which can be really annoying if this makes it hard to sort information. Maybe Fe-PoLR also could mean finding something that someone is saying silly in some way and responding with what might seem like a slightly sinister emotional sarcasm to other people.
    I think the interruption bit is reasonable. I was once on a boat with an ISFp friend of mine. He was driving and after a short bit I zoned out and retreated to the privacy of my wandering thoughts; however, my friend consistently interrupted my meditation because he was unsure if I was having a good time. I felt obligated to smile and laugh at these points, because I appreciated the gesture, but it was not exactly welcome if you get what I mean. I was able to explain that I meant well with limited success.

    Keep in mind, however, that we are not machines that sort learned information in their free time . It's just a sort of mental wandering that is just as apt to think about the history lesson as it is to imagine a romantic conversation with a classmate (that is to say that we have vivid imaginations as well). Then again, I can't speak for all of you; perhaps there are some ILIs who live to review information over and over again...
    Last edited by Skeptic; 07-31-2010 at 05:53 AM.

  17. #17
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,943
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

  18. #18
    Creepy-cinq

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    I think the interruption bit is reasonable. I was once on a boat with an ISFp friend of mine. He was driving and after a short bit I zoned out and retreated to the privacy of my wandering thoughts; however, my friend consistently interrupted my meditation because he was unsure if I was having a good time. I felt obligated to smile and laugh at these points, because I appreciated the gesture, but it was not exactly welcome if you get what I mean. I was able to explain that I meant well with limited success.

    Keep in mind, however, that we are not machines that sort learned information in their free time . It's just a sort of mental wandering that is just as apt to think about the history lesson as it is to imagine a romantic conversation with a classmate (that is to say that we have vivid imaginations as well). Then again, I can't speak for all of you; perhaps there are some ILIs who live to review information over and over again...
    I'll agree with this. The consequence, sometimes, is you end up saying something 'weird' as you may not follow a straight or common thought path. From time to time, someone will ask 'where did you get that thought? It seems random'. It becomes a bit hard to explain how you arrived at it. The same sort thought wanderings allows you to see past the obvious to events that will occur in the future - thoughts that are forecasting/predictive. Expressing these thoughts, you risk being treated like you are a human with 3 heads. Then you have to wait to allow time to pass before they realize what you were talking about.

    One difficulty I have with environments is that it requires you to be engaged in the here and now. That can be difficult and tiresome when you are accustomed to enjoying mental wanderings/meditative state as your base.

  19. #19
    Punk
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    1,659
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    I'm also interested in why you are considering big egos coupled with egos. Why do you think you're logical as opposed to the ethical types you considered?
    I must have missed this before. This might sound weird, but when I feel no external pressure in my environment and I'm alone, I can let myself feel emotions pretty easily. I think it's mostly of the Fi+Se kind. Like seeing a child in fear and wanting to help them or seeing someone struggle and get mistreated and feeling a strong urge to want to relieve it. It's powerful and uncontrollable. Fe is not like this at all. I guess this excludes Fi ego then?

    Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    The bolded emphasis is mine so you'd know what I was referring to.



    The ISFp that I live with (Richard) doesn't actually like spending time and money on food. He'll eat pretty much anything, and doesn't like to put much effort into getting food on the table. But if I mention that I'd like take out or such, his will power to resist that is nil. He's not miserly, he's just battling with the desire to have a quick easy meal vs trying to be healthy...all combined with wanting to save money for a better home for us.

    As for games, the two ISFps that I know both like turn-based strategy games, particularly if it involves moving little pieces. Risk like games, but mostly things like miniature war games. Richard actually buys and sells and paints war game miniatures. I'd say that this is his major spendature each month, buying new games, new miniatures, painting them, etc. and going into town to play with the guys each saturday. It's all his primary hobby. (arguing on political and newspaper forums/sections is his other big hobby, lol)
    Oh, interesting. I haven't met an ISFp like this. I might be way off then. But it also sounds like Richard got drawn in by the aspect of collecting and painting the miniatures and showing them off in an overall amicable social setting. Maybe food wasn't the best example. I think atmosphere and moderately emotionally expressive social environment is a better example of what they prefer, or they become uninterested, understandably so. I'm hesitant to say anymore than that.

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    These are very fitting points, especially the first paragraph, for an ILI (and I relate a lot to what you were implying). The second paragraph is also a sort of unexpected interpretation of something an ILI might notice, but it's perfectly logical. ILIs can sometimes find themselves in a position of easily reading the feelings of others, especially in terms of one's impression on them, or what others disposition toward them are (and they even go about imagining these dispositions when there is little or no indication). I think this is a natural Fi defense mechanism against PoLR, and what some people seem to misinterpret about Fe is that it's the only function about emotions--yet they don't even regard Fi as dealing in a different internal field-like kind of emotional context.
    Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I think this is what leads me to question whether I might be better represented as an Fi base / Fe observing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    I think the interruption bit is reasonable. I was once on a boat with an ISFp friend of mine. He was driving and after a short bit I zoned out and retreated to the privacy of my wandering thoughts; however, my friend consistently interrupted my meditation because he was unsure if I was having a good time. I felt obligated to smile and laugh at these points, because I appreciated the gesture, but it was not exactly welcome if you get what I mean. I was able to explain that I meant well with limited success.
    Yes, that's exactly it. Too much Si for too long starts to get very tiring.


    It seems I'm ILI. Thanks everyone for the help.

  20. #20
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,338
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    Oh, interesting. I haven't met an ISFp like this. I might be way off then. But it also sounds like Richard got drawn in by the aspect of collecting and painting the miniatures and showing them off in an overall amicable social setting. Maybe food wasn't the best example. I think atmosphere and moderately emotionally expressive social environment is a better example of what they prefer, or they become uninterested, understandably so. I'm hesitant to say anymore than that.
    Not trying to suggest you are isfp...I just wanted to clarify a couple of things about isfp.

    The thing to remember is that they also have Ti hidden agenda.
    Yes he enjoys painting the miniatures, not for showing them off in an amicable setting, though. He does enjoy the group setting of playing the turn based strategy war games with other people who enjoy playing them as well, but the atmosphere is mixed of competitiveness and mutual interests. He doesn't actually have any friends in the group. He doesn't particularly care to get to know the other guys who play. It's akin to a debate club gathering to practice debates, only instead of debating, they pit their minds against each other through utilizing the rules of the strategy game.

    Ni role is greatly helped out by a) the Ti rules, and b) the physical objects being moved around, allowing a more sensory usage of how those objects will/might interact with each other as they move around the board. Oh, and c) it happens little more than 1-2x / week. (it's not something he's maintaining 24/7)

    Also, neither of them are actually all that emotionally expressive. Neither are most of the infps I know. Fe is their creative, not their base. With Richard, I do have to let him know that I want him, that I'm not with him to use him or because I've nothing better to do. But he doesn't require such shows often, nor do the shows have to be big. Just small ways of letting him know that he's appreciated, loved, and wanted...maybe something bigger every 3 months or so.

    But he doesn't care for emotional expressiveness from other people. As an introvert, he has few friends, and those he has are close friends. THOSE are the people that he's more expressive with...which winds up coming out simply as smiles and jokes and laughing, and as greeting/goodbye, a hearty handshake.

    One way of thinking of ISFp, is to think of their dual ENTp. In so many ways, they are similar. Like the flipside of a coin. ISFp heads, ENTp tails. You may see one side..but that other side is still there, influencing their behaviors and interests. In fact, if you were to read how he argues in the political chats he visits, you'd think he was ENTp...until you met him in person, at which time it would be a while before you'd see any expressiveness. In fact, it would almost seem like he's a wall of unemotion and unspeech. (but then, he's also a shy person, so that influences it as well)

    Oh, another way to look at them is as similar to ISTps, only with alpha attitude/actions, instead of delta ones.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  21. #21
    Punk
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    1,659
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Anndelise@
    I see how it is.
    *Throws your stack of papers in the air*

    No, actually, everything you say pretty much correlates with what I observe in ISFps. I forgot about how their Se can manifest in competitive situations. It seems to just turn on and off with a lot of ease. And they especially like to use it when they think someone is being unfair or intentionally trying not to get along peacefully. In general, their Se seems a little more passive-aggressive and easily dropped and forgiving when the other person changes their tune, so to speak. It's admirable how it doesn't seem to take much energy out of them to do this. But I pretty much think I understand what you are saying.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Would you be willing to VI?
    Ehhhh, I would if I thought it was valid. But all that seems to happen is a person lists some pictures and everyone seems to come up with a different conclusion on type :/. There is way too much inconsistent variation in everyone's conclusions to see any reason for it being true. Or do you just want to see me naked? :redface:

  22. #22
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post


    Ehhhh, I would if I thought it was valid. But all that seems to happen is a person lists some pictures and everyone seems to come up with a different conclusion on type :/. There is way too much inconsistent variation in everyone's conclusions to see any reason for it being true. Or do you just want to see me naked? :redface:
    Heh; if you would send me a VI, it would be nice.

  23. #23
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Not trying to suggest you are isfp...I just wanted to clarify a couple of things about isfp.

    The thing to remember is that they also have Ti hidden agenda.
    Yes he enjoys painting the miniatures, not for showing them off in an amicable setting, though. He does enjoy the group setting of playing the turn based strategy war games with other people who enjoy playing them as well, but the atmosphere is mixed of competitiveness and mutual interests. He doesn't actually have any friends in the group. He doesn't particularly care to get to know the other guys who play. It's akin to a debate club gathering to practice debates, only instead of debating, they pit their minds against each other through utilizing the rules of the strategy game.

    Ni role is greatly helped out by a) the Ti rules, and b) the physical objects being moved around, allowing a more sensory usage of how those objects will/might interact with each other as they move around the board. Oh, and c) it happens little more than 1-2x / week. (it's not something he's maintaining 24/7)

    Also, neither of them are actually all that emotionally expressive. Neither are most of the infps I know. Fe is their creative, not their base. With Richard, I do have to let him know that I want him, that I'm not with him to use him or because I've nothing better to do. But he doesn't require such shows often, nor do the shows have to be big. Just small ways of letting him know that he's appreciated, loved, and wanted...maybe something bigger every 3 months or so.

    But he doesn't care for emotional expressiveness from other people. As an introvert, he has few friends, and those he has are close friends. THOSE are the people that he's more expressive with...which winds up coming out simply as smiles and jokes and laughing, and as greeting/goodbye, a hearty handshake.

    One way of thinking of ISFp, is to think of their dual ENTp. In so many ways, they are similar. Like the flipside of a coin. ISFp heads, ENTp tails. You may see one side..but that other side is still there, influencing their behaviors and interests. In fact, if you were to read how he argues in the political chats he visits, you'd think he was ENTp...until you met him in person, at which time it would be a while before you'd see any expressiveness. In fact, it would almost seem like he's a wall of unemotion and unspeech. (but then, he's also a shy person, so that influences it as well)

    Oh, another way to look at them is as similar to ISTps, only with alpha attitude/actions, instead of delta ones.
    And they also enjoy categorizing, systematizing their data and people.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •