Thread: Bubbling Emotions

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bubbling Emotions

Last edited by Hays; 05-30-2011 at 05:27 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well it was a good guess, since he was Australian. lol

that second description reminds me of frustrating dreams I have.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suzzy View Post
    Maybe you could share your dreams to give us some IEI insights?
    oh boy. I feel like I'm reclining in the armchair now for psychoanalysis. why not.

One recurring dream I've had is that I'm away from home and can't find a bathroom. Then once I do find a bathroom, every single stall is either broken or unusable for some reason or way too dirty. I've had this dream more than 10 times. Sometimes I'm alone, sometimes with a friend. Every single time, I walk away without being able to use the facilities. Usually the toilets are plugged, almost to overflowing but sometimes it's an issue of privacy (which is funny cause I don't think in real life that would bother me) and I can't use the stall because there are tons of other people and there's no door on it. In my dream, I keep searching. I leave that bathroom and look for another. Sometimes I find another one but it's out of order also!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suzzy View Post
    That made me laugh!
    What a dream...do you wake up needing the the bathroom urgently after searching for one in your dreams?
    Nope. lol
    Now do recline in that armchair for some freebie psychoanalysis....

It's like you are anxiously searching when not in your usual safety of the home for a worthy temporary toilet/cauldron. You don't want other people's waste/dirt/baggage in your spot. Maybe the friend with you is an EIE and is really good at finding a suitable cauldron with lid for you for they know what a good one entails . You want a toilet/cauldron with a door/lid when in public so that strangers can't watch but don't care too much about that feature in the privacy of your usual environment with your loved ones!

Remember this was free of charge, donation basket is beside the armchair .
    HA. the friend with me was IEE. She was no help whatsoever! Actually if you want my opinion, I'm pretty sure the dream is about not being able to find what I need (psychologically and emotionally). Pure frustration. Like the infrastructure is there and it's reasonable to expect that I could find a toilet to work. AND YET!!!!

oh man,i feel like such an ILI after reading these posts.

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm most likely IEI, i dont need a lid on my bubbling pot nor a door on my toilet:bighugz::grr: but i think i need to change the recipe or turn down the heat to help my emotionality, though i enjoy some aspects

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea, bubblin bubblin nevah stoppin. so, like, how do i now my enneagram without reading info?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Linas View Post
    yea, bubblin bubblin nevah stoppin. so, like, how do i now my enneagram without reading info?

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goldilocks View Post
    Could the EIE's emotions be described like this:

In the middle of a clean, light filled room with a white tiled floor lies a hearth. In the hearth a fire is constantly alight. Sitting in the fire is a large cauldron which is filled with boiling hot liquid which is forever bubbling. But this particular cauldron has a perfectly fitting lid which sits quite stably on top. Occasionally the boiling bubbles inside might lift the well fitting lid off the cauldron just a bit for a moment or two but then the lid comes down back into place without too much of a mess from the hot escaping bubbles and liquid having been created. Sometimes though the EIE should note, it is ok to let escape a few extra bubbly bubbles .

And the IEI's emotions could be described like this:

In the middle the clean, light filled room with a white tiled floor lies a hearth. This hearth is filled with a fire which is constantly alight. Atop the fire lays a large cauldron which is filled with boiling hot liquid which is forever bubbling. But this particular cauldron has no lid. So boiling bubbles are seen and sometimes spill over the sides of the cauldron. Sometimes the liquid hisses and spits and displays huge beautiful bubbles. A lid would at times be useful for this cauldron but a fitting one cannot be found. Either they are too small, too lightweight, not made of correct materials etc. As it is so difficult to ever find a fitting lid, different approaches could be needed to stop the constant overflowing. Perhaps a change of temperature or a different cooking technique is needed here.
    I don't experience it like that at all. Maybe if you added a little man to the IEI room that stands in the doorway and says, "there's no cauldron in here. What are you talking about? I don't see any bubbles. You must be imagining things." And if someone manages to muscle their way into the room anyway (if they aren't just convinced by the little man's acting, which most people are), then the little man tries to stand in front of the cauldron, and finally on top of the cauldron, letting it burn his fingers rather than actually show that the cauldron is boiling over, until he finally has to jump off and hope that nobody gets burned, and then stand sheepishly by the cauldron when it's all over.

Also, sometimes EIEs let their passion erupt:

(also, why the hell do they just leave Curtis on the stage like that doing nothing. It looks so dumb!)

The entirety of Medea by Euripides.

As in both of these examples, this is usually accompanied with a pretty bad flare-up of the Se-HA. lol.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    yea I now

No Longer a Tadpole... Flat Footed Frog's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    As in both of these examples, this is usually accompanied with a pretty bad flare-up of the Se-HA. lol.
    Are you suggesting Suzzy is using Se-HA? Could you clarify what it is and why you think this please.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Footed Frog View Post
    Are you suggesting Suzzy is using Se-HA? Could you clarify what it is and why you think this please.
    Um, no. I was talking about Medea and the lady from Dreamgirls (the two examples I provided). They both demonstrate Se-HA very clearly: Medea steadily uses her emotions to bend everybody in the play to her will, even against their better judgment (Creon-or-whatever-his-name-is, the Chorus, Jason, even the audience). And the Dreamgirls lady... well she's singing a song called "And I am Telling You I'm Not Going" which ends with her saying/shouting/singing/screaming "And you, and you, and you, you're gonna love me." So it should be pretty clear how she's using her emotions to exert volitional pressure on others.

Unless you're asking what Se-HA is in general, in which case, Se-HA is the Se hidden agenda of EIEs. It is the sixth function. Having Se as their hidden agenda attempts to describe the EIE tendency to have gaining power as a hidden motive or side-goal of their actions. So Medea is primarily acting through Fe: using her emotions to affect others' emotions. But the hidden goal of this activity is to effect her will, to drive towards her goals forcefully and enthusiastically, moving the obstacles out of the way as necessary, which is more associated with Se. Similarly, the IEIs Ti-HA describes the IEI tendency to attempt to bring Ti-style clarity and organization to their internal world, which is largely populated by unstructured and messy bursts of intuition here and there. With the help of a patient Ti-ego, the IEI can figure out how to organize their thoughts and will occasionally go so far as to make a heavily systemized and at the same time mythopoetic representation of their intuitions. Blake's prophetic poems, Yeats' system of the gyres, and arguably much of Jung's system of the archetypes reflects this hidden goal of creating neat, organized systems.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post

Unless you're asking what Se-HA is in general, in which case, Se-HA is the Se hidden agenda of EIEs. It is the sixth function. Having Se as their hidden agenda attempts to describe the EIE tendency to have gaining power as a hidden motive or side-goal of their actions. So Medea is primarily acting through Fe: using her emotions to affect others' emotions. But the hidden goal of this activity is to effect her will, to drive towards her goals forcefully and enthusiastically, moving the obstacles out of the way as necessary, which is more associated with Se. Similarly, the IEIs Ti-HA describes the IEI tendency to attempt to bring Ti-style clarity and organization to their internal world, which is largely populated by unstructured and messy bursts of intuition here and there. With the help of a patient Ti-ego, the IEI can figure out how to organize their thoughts and will occasionally go so far as to make a heavily systemized and at the same time mythopoetic representation of their intuitions. Blake's prophetic poems, Yeats' system of the gyres, and arguably much of Jung's system of the archetypes reflects this hidden goal of creating neat, organized systems.
    maybe this explains why there are so many IEIs interested in socionics. When I was younger, I would POUR over the MBTI and Keirsey books, trying to understand it all, placing people I knew in their little boxes so I could figure it all out. That said, I also like to affect people with my emotions. I can't say which hidden agenda is stronger. It's kind of like I have both!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    maybe this explains why there are so many IEIs interested in socionics. When I was younger, I would POUR over the MBTI and Keirsey books, trying to understand it all, placing people I knew in their little boxes so I could figure it all out. That said, I also like to affect people with my emotions. I can't say which hidden agenda is stronger. It's kind of like I have both!
    Yeah, I think so. It's a fun little Ti-y system to tinker with, and especially in the US right now it's basically a Te-free zone, because nobody can agree with the Russians and we usually translate them poorly anyway, so there are not really any "facts" to be accepted about socionics beyond the most basic, basic stuff like Fe stands for extraverted feeling and maybe maybe the aspectonics stuff (although many people want to get rid of that as well.)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds backwards to me... isn't the base function the "always on" function?

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the middle the clean, light filled room with a white tiled floor lies a hearth. This hearth is filled with a fire which is constantly alight. Atop the fire lays a large cauldron which is filled with boiling hot liquid which is forever bubbling. But this particular cauldron has no lid. So boiling bubbles are seen and sometimes spill over the sides of the cauldron. Sometimes the liquid hisses and spits and displays huge beautiful bubbles. A lid would at times be useful for this cauldron but a fitting one cannot be found. Either they are too small, too lightweight, not made of correct materials etc. As it is so difficult to ever find a fitting lid, different approaches could be needed to stop the constant overflowing. Perhaps a change of temperature or a different cooking technique is needed here.
    i like this for IEI. def explains their emotions ... which in a way are kind of random and intense at some moments. they don't bother me.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often