Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 64

Thread: Possibility of the XXXx

  1. #1
    Creepy-male

    Default Possibility of the XXXx

    Is it possible, discuss....

  2. #2
    High Priestess glam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,388
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    what do you mean?

  3. #3
    Creepy-male

    Default

    A type who has no function preferred above the other for their leading function... they are equal with respect to all functions.... they valued Se as much as Ne, Ni, Ti, Te, Si, Fe, and Fi

  4. #4
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Not within Socionics, no, since the model does not work on gradients, axes, or spectra, but discrete elements.

  5. #5
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've wondered this too. There doesn't seem to be anything preventing it from being the case, does there? My excuse (and I'm aware that this is a solution to a problem within a model rather than a claim that has a lot of evidence support from real life) is that people specialize in certain functions over the course of early childhood, and that one could not possibly survive childhood without some degree of specialization. Like, it's too difficult to hold these mutually contradictory models in tension and grow in all of them equally. But you have to grow in a few of them in order to be skilled enough at much of anything to accomplish your goals or at least your communication goals when you get older.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's probably not within the range of the human genome.

    For a while I thought that crisis-oriented, confident, deeply determined people might be such, but they actually do have a type that becomes apparent in the character of the organizations which they lead. The thing about that group though, is that they tend to have a lot of humility and are willing to listen to many, many points of view. They don't really have a sense of where things are headed, but they can distill such an understanding from the opinions of many people. Presidents often collect "brain trusts" around themselves for this purpose: they don't buy into any one expert's point of view, but try to distill the real situation by gauging the relative probabilities of each proposition, until an image become apparent of the most probable scenario. But they aren't demonstrating function proficiency by such evaluation, just being very humble and acknowledging that they can't figure everything out by themselves.

    I have heard that AI researchers are trying to create such an intelligence however using computer technology. It's kinda scary actually, because the intention is apparently to create a kind of artificial god to watch over and advise mankind.

  7. #7
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    A person could come out that way on a test but either the person has extremely poor self-awareness or the test really sucks or both.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  8. #8
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Only people without any possible means of information input or output.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  9. #9
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    A type who has no function preferred above the other for their leading function... they are equal with respect to all functions....
    never met one.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually there is a possibility that DID sufferers are XXXxs, because the type change would entail with it both a transformation of identity and an inability to make sense of information that is obvious to another type. Type acts as a decoder, hence one type cannot "read" information produced by another type.

    By the way, the reason type exists, is due to repression. Each of the alternative types is associated with something negative that one must suppress to avoid having negative thoughts. However the negativity itself is due to the functions having the attributes and qualities of their native positions. Type is simultaneously a dynamic and static condition.

    I think what happens in the case of a DID person, is that a weaker function attains the mastery, but still has the attributes of its respective position.

  11. #11
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    No, not if it's genetic, and no, unless you don't exist.

  12. #12
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  13. #13
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here's an idea; god, triviality.....arghhh

    If you have someone born of a morphologic type to one type; like an ESFj who looks like an ESFj, but is somehow mentally impared, then you could have a morphologic ESFj that doesn't prefer any functions, because functions are the process of the brain, the absense/damage to a part of a primary processor/locator in the brain could cause the brain to circuit information, but that would result in the person being mentally handicaped.

  14. #14
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    It is a model which you either accept or not, for me and other people and socionists it makes sense, if you want to talk about it you have to comply to the theory.

    Please don't ask such cretinous questions again, if you really think that XXXx is possible, then put it into "alternative theories" or ask about different models.
    lol listen to yourself... you sound like a fanatic. YOU MUST COMPLY TO THEORY... there is no reasoning required. YOU ARE EITHER WITH THE MODEL OR AGAINST IT!!!! AHH!!!!! CRETINE!!!!!

    Asking questions IST VERBODEN!!!!!!!! AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    YOU MUST ACCEPT OR DENY THE ALLEGATIONS PUT BEFORE YOU ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT QUESTION!!!!!!!!!

    lol get real. By the way I don't suffer from cretinism (cretinism - definition of cretinism by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.)... I'm actually 6'4'' and have a very healthy thyroid, thank you very much. How about you just give your opinion on the topic and go jack off a donkey. I'm just taking a poll of ideas/opinions here, and I don't need to be personally attacked because a question makes you insecure. Fucking weak piece of shit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    In Socionics it is not possible by definition.
    Thank you for your opinion.... come again. This would suffice next time.

  15. #15
    Creepy-cinq

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    lol listen to yourself... you sound like a fanatic. YOU MUST COMPLY TO THEORY... there is no reasoning required. YOU ARE EITHER WITH THE MODEL OR AGAINST IT!!!! AHH!!!!! CRETINE!!!!!

    Asking questions IST VERBODEN!!!!!!!! AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    YOU MUST ACCEPT OR DENY THE ALLEGATIONS PUT BEFORE YOU ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT QUESTION!!!!!!!!!

    lol get real. By the way I don't suffer from cretinism (cretinism - definition of cretinism by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.)... I'm actually 6'4'' and have a very healthy thyroid, thank you very much. How about you just give your opinion on the topic and go jack off a donkey. I'm just taking a poll of ideas/opinions here, and I don't need to be personally attacked because a question makes you insecure. Fucking weak piece of shit.

    Thank you for your opinion.... come again. This would suffice next time.
    LOL!!

  16. #16
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  17. #17
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  18. #18
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    your insinuation is dumb.
    Lol, and how did I insinuate anything... I only asked if you think its possible. Insinuating would be me suggesting that XXXx can exist, which frankly I'm not... I'd like to keep my thoughts on this issue private, but I'm curious about what other people think. How is this so horrible? It's like I'm getting viciously attacked and my intelligence is being verbally assualted just by merely asking a question.... and by the way.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    There's no fanaticism involved, but your stupidity and obstructionism.
    That's where I see the fanaticism. Fanatics hold viewpoints so rigid that merely questioning these viewpoint is seen in a negative light. I don't understand the need for retaliation here on your part, since when did asking a question ever hurt anyone? You ask a question, you get an answer back... it's usually the answer that is the part to pay attention to. I'm keeping my answer private, solely for the purpose of preserving harmony between me and other people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    If you don't believe the Earth is round, you can't talk astronomy, dumb ass.
    lol you had too....

    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.nasa.gov/worldbook/earth_worldbook.html
    Earth, however, is not perfectly round. Earth's spin causes it to bulge slightly at its middle, the equator. The diameter of Earth from North Pole to South Pole is 7,899.83 miles (12,713.54 kilometers), but through the equator it is 7,926.41 miles (12,756.32 kilometers). This difference, 26.58 miles (42.78 kilometers), is only 1/298 the diameter of Earth. The difference is too tiny to be easily seen in pictures of Earth from space, so the planet appears round.

    Earth's bulge also makes the circumference of Earth larger around the equator than around the poles. The circumference around the equator is 24,901.55 miles (40,075.16 kilometers), but around the poles it is only 24,859.82 miles (40,008.00 kilometers). The circumference is actually greatest just south of the equator, so Earth is slightly pear-shaped. Earth also has mountains and valleys, but these features are tiny compared to the total size of Earth, so the planet appears smooth from space.
    If your were talking astrodynamics... a part of astronomy... you'd be incorrect in assuming the earth was perfectly round. Of course a round earth model is useful, but sometimes a more accurate model is required if you wish to say accurately track the trajectories of objects in the earth's gravitational field.

    Now would you like to continue to talk astronomy? I actually find this topic fascinating.

    Oh and who is the dumb ass now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    you just refuse to acknowledge things.
    Umm once again I just asked a question.... I didn't acknowledge or unacknowledge anything so far.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    you come with the same shit over and over again
    don't know what you're talking about honestly, maybe you could be more specific?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    don't you get why you're so bothering? What is your actual problem
    Wow, way to be vicious... this is exactly WHY I don't have a problem being bothering to you... you're just feeding this energy into me. If you'd stop the unnecessary personal attacks such as "dumb ass, implying everyone finds me bothering, I have some problem/am disfunctional/broken, I make dumb contributions, I make worthless contributions".... well then I'd be very kind to sit down and listen to your ideas civilly whether I agree or disagree with them.

  19. #19
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  20. #20
    Punk
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    1,659
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Actually there is a possibility that DID sufferers are XXXxs, because the type change would entail with it both a transformation of identity and an inability to make sense of information that is obvious to another type. Type acts as a decoder, hence one type cannot "read" information produced by another type.

    By the way, the reason type exists, is due to repression. Each of the alternative types is associated with something negative that one must suppress to avoid having negative thoughts. However the negativity itself is due to the functions having the attributes and qualities of their native positions. Type is simultaneously a dynamic and static condition.

    I think what happens in the case of a DID person, is that a weaker function attains the mastery, but still has the attributes of its respective position.
    I've had these exact same thoughts. This would especially be the case for someone similar enough to Sybil. But I would say it is definitely not a healthy state. I would even be bold to say that those who don't feel they fit into a type cleanly have some DID symptoms that can be on a scale say from ~mild to ~moderate to ~severe.

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper
    blather
    Behold, Xerxes! Behold what you have wrought!!

    Actually, I think Piper is a troll.

    @Divided: ah I think the people who think they don't have a type do so as a factor of tendency to assume that unlimited self-willed personal change is possible, that the mind's function is completely plastic, etc.

    Basically, people who assume too much.

    DID people believe they have a type... in fact, they would prefer that they acted like their "preferred" type more often.

  22. #22
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    you despicable maggot
    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    I am probably the first to tell you that you that you're creepy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    Don't make your creepy fantasies anyone's problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    Please shut the fuck up
    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    you fucking retard
    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    You're fucked-up and living in an illusory intellectual superiority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    It's currently obvious who's the dumb-ass
    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    the same idiotic question
    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    Then address a special agency which deals with your disability.
    from....

    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz
    Possibility of the XXXx
    Is it possible, discuss....
    *walks away calmly*

  23. #23
    Punk
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    1,659
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    ...
    @Divided: ah I think the people who think they don't have a type do so as a factor of tendency to assume that unlimited self-willed personal change is possible, that the mind's function is completely plastic, etc.

    Basically, people who assume too much.

    DID people believe they have a type... in fact, they would prefer that they acted like their "preferred" type more often.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not an expert on DID, but wouldn't it be hard for a person with DID to separate themselves into a particular type that feels true to their inherent selves without the help of someone knowledgeable on the theory as well as DID to help them sort things out?

  24. #24
    Creepy-cinq

    Default

    It's disappointing the thread is reduced to this, really. I was thinking about my response at work during the day and had plans to post something when I returned from work.

  25. #25
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,938
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Pied Piper, you should calm down. You're going way overboard here.

    You may be correct to say that this thread would be better off in the Alternative Socionics Theories section on the grounds that with Model A, there is an assumption that each individual is stronger at some functions than others, but it is a bit of a grey area to say this thread topic definitely cannot address some aspect of Model A theory.

  26. #26
    Punk
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    1,659
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cinq View Post
    It's disappointing the thread is reduced to this, really. I was thinking about my response at work during the day and had plans to post something when I returned from work.
    Why would that stop you? Just because they are having an argument doesn't mean other people won't come in and give you a constructive discussion on what you are thinking. Just do it!

    Don't make Buttercup unhappy

  27. #27
    Creepy-cinq

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    Why would that stop you? Just because they are having an argument doesn't mean other people won't come in and give you a constructive discussion on what you are thinking. Just do it!

    Don't make Buttercup unhappy
    Why? Cause I'm mad, really mad Buttercup. It's the same 'ole shit, day after day.




  28. #28
    Creepy-male

    Default



    *Bubbleshugs*

  29. #29
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  30. #30
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,938
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    The issue is in the context of his passive-aggressive bloat threads. This is one is useless and part of the same series of denial, if you prefer him playing with the users I have no further claim.
    I find unfortunate that you treat us equally in the matter - where this thread is not an isolated case -, giving satisfaction to this monkey. I assume that this forum gets what it deserves, hence my reluctance (probably others', too) to write about more serious things and having to call people on e-mail lately. It disgusts me to see that crap is treated with the same respect as constructive things.
    There are two issues here - the issue regarding you is that you have been acting disproportionately in this thread. If you had an issue with HaveLucidDreamz, your approach was not an ideal way of attempting to resolve the situation.

  31. #31
    The Looks stanprollyright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In your pants
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    555
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Do I smell a real live flame war about to erupt to christen our new forum dedicated specifically to "flamming"?

    Stan is not my real name.

  32. #32
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I currently favor viewing psychological type as something developed in the brain, which would support the view that everyone starts out XXXx and develops a type. However, remaining XXXx would involve working all eight functions equally, which is... rather hard. XXXx is, under this interpretation, an unstable equilibrium - a negative state that it is very easy to get out of.

    Didn't Augusta also consider psychological type a necessary adaptation rather than something technically impossible to avoid? IIRC, she even allowed for less-developed (but still functional) people not yet having a type.



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  33. #33
    Creepy-male

    Default

    You know the pita kind of reminds me of the tortilla, except the pita is usually associated with greek food, while the tortilla is usually associated with mexican food. I also tend to like corn tortillas more than flour, and of course I enjoy pita bread from time to time.

    /waits for backlash from community

  34. #34
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    pita bread is tasty. gyros are definately one of God's foods.

  35. #35
    High Priestess glam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,388
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default how about pita chips


  36. #36
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Hmmm Pita Chips look good, I'd be willing to try them... but to be honest part of the attraction of pita bread for me has always been its puffy texture... its like a pillowy soft disk of warm bread.

    I tried these wasabi crackers one time, and they were pretty good... but I was playing this game and on the mic I was like "mmm wasabi crackers" and someone was like "ewwwwww" lol... I still liked the crackers though.

    Wasabi is crazy though... I don't even know what's in that stuff but it makes your nostrils stimulated as fuck.

  37. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not an expert on DID, but wouldn't it be hard for a person with DID to separate themselves into a particular type that feels true to their inherent selves without the help of someone knowledgeable on the theory as well as DID to help them sort things out?
    No, because they blackout when their personality changes.

  38. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    I currently favor viewing psychological type as something developed in the brain, which would support the view that everyone starts out XXXx and develops a type. However, remaining XXXx would involve working all eight functions equally, which is... rather hard. XXXx is, under this interpretation, an unstable equilibrium - a negative state that it is very easy to get out of.

    Didn't Augusta also consider psychological type a necessary adaptation rather than something technically impossible to avoid? IIRC, she even allowed for less-developed (but still functional) people not yet having a type.
    Cite please.

  39. #39
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Oh I should say for the record Pinnochio, you're not really a quote "fucking weak piece of shit"... that was rather harsh, I think that was a bit like a dagger in the back. Just for the record.

  40. #40
    the flying pig Capitalist Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    5,935
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    pita chips
    hehe stacy's simply naked

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •