Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rage and Enneagram Type 6

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rage and Enneagram Type 6

I know we did a thread on rage/anger but I was wondering if anyone else sees a correlation between someone being an E-6 and perhaps more prone to angry outbursts or even serious rage.

lend me your thoughts.

oh, and if moderators wanna move this to the enneagram subforum, that's fine too. I wasn't sure where to put it.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah, "Is It Type Related?" and all those are for socionics discussion... i moved this to the Enneagram subforum

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, thank-you glam!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mel Gibson is 6w5 so/sx. Although 8s are probably more prone to raaaage than 6s.
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    Mel Gibson is 6w5 so/sx. Although 8s are probably more prone to raaaage than 6s.
    I don't know about that.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, there´s a strong relation.

1s, 6s and 8s are the 'angry types' of the Enneagram.

I´m not sure yet whether I´m a 1 or 6. Probably 1 but anyway exploring possibilities. Some sixes can be taken for ones and vice-versa because they have very much in common. Such as being rigid, rules rules rules, anxiety problems, lots of self-criticism, and rage outbursts.

I was told in an Enneagram center I used to go that the USA is mainly E3, but it has an E6 society sustaining the whole stuff. 'On a group level Americans are E3, but on an individual level they´re E6, everybody has guns and etc., all these counterphobic and phobic issues.'

Creepy-male

8,9, and 1 are the instinctual triad... They deal with issues of rage

Other types are likely to experience rage also, but its source is different... the type of anger they experience is a matter of how their instinctual triad works in with their main type.

If you have 9 in your tritype... you probably will never express rage outwardly under most circumstances as much as an 8 or 1.

Now with the e-6... there rage comes from anxiety and trust issues. These issues of anxiety and trust can cause them to be put into a state of panic, at which point its possible for instinct to take over when their mental clarity becomes shattered...

Now e6 with 8 is likely to get more active under panic... frantic and focus on doing something... fidgity, nervous, upset... pace angrily... break something... drive fast... work out at the gym... run.... work hard. To an outside observer they appear like a nervous ball of energy that on contact will explode.

Now e6 with 1 is more likely to get more rigid under panic... get obsessive and unload on those who disturb order/rules.... become high maintenance and type A. To an outside observer they appear nervous, stiff, and to have a rigid obsessive nature.

Now e6 with 9 is more likely to get a little dazed or down under panic... they get calmer and more subdued... sometimes passive aggressive... they may act calm on the surface under panic but then unload their nerves on something... or they may act calm on the surface then find a good friend to unload all their grievances to.

Typical roles you see each in...
    e6-8: Team sports oriented people, Police, Military
    e6-1: Moralistic Focus, Domestic, Teacher, Church, Community Service
    e6-9: Solid Reliable Friend/Buddy, Passive-Aggressive at Times

I am an e5-8 for example... usually I'm not too domineering or other attributes of the 8... when I experience panic... I get more 8 in nature, get more productive and impatient with slow physical movement, become assertive, talk louder, be more directive, etc. The thinking types however are not at all what you'd call violent or angry... they are all calm and collected and very thoughtful in their own ways... its only when anxiety overtakes them and they fall back on instinct that their tritype takes an obvious affect on the outside. Me for example once again... what most everyone always see in me is the 5 nature... withdrawn, thoughtful, insight, abstraction, esotercism, interesting for deep philosophical discussion.... but they hardly see me as an 8... I've had 8 friends and the contrast is huge... they always are very physically grounded and attentive to action around them, have a tough prepared way about them that tends to intimidate others pre-emptively from messing with them. Me on the surface, I seem more pensive.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    8,9, and 1 are the instinctual triad... They deal with issues of rage

Other types are likely to experience rage also, but its source is different... the type of anger they experience is a matter of how their instinctual triad works in with their main type.

If you have 9 in your tritype... you probably will never express rage outwardly under most circumstances as much as an 8 or 1.

Now with the e-6... there rage comes from anxiety and trust issues. These issues of anxiety and trust can cause them to be put into a state of panic, at which point its possible for instinct to take over when their mental clarity becomes shattered...

Now e6 with 8 is likely to get more active under panic... frantic and focus on doing something... fidgity, nervous, upset... pace angrily... break something... drive fast... work out at the gym... run.... work hard. To an outside observer they appear like a nervous ball of energy that on contact will explode.

Now e6 with 1 is more likely to get more rigid under panic... get obsessive and unload on those who disturb order/rules.... become high maintenance and type A. To an outside observer they appear nervous, stiff, and to have a rigid obsessive nature.

Now e6 with 9 is more likely to get a little dazed or down under panic... they get calmer and more subdued... sometimes passive aggressive... they may act calm on the surface under panic but then unload their nerves on something... or they may act calm on the surface then find a good friend to unload all their grievances to.

Typical roles you see each in...
    e6-8: Team sports oriented people, Police, Military
    e6-1: Moralistic Focus, Domestic, Teacher, Church, Community Service
    e6-9: Solid Reliable Friend/Buddy, Passive-Aggressive at Times

I am an e5-8 for example... usually I'm not too domineering or other attributes of the 8... when I experience panic... I get more 8 in nature, get more productive and impatient with slow physical movement, become assertive, talk louder, be more directive, etc. The thinking types however are not at all what you'd call violent or angry... they are all calm and collected and very thoughtful in their own ways... its only when anxiety overtakes them and they fall back on instinct that their tritype takes an obvious affect on the outside. Me for example once again... what most everyone always see in me is the 5 nature... withdrawn, thoughtful, insight, abstraction, esotercism, interesting for deep philosophical discussion.... but they hardly see me as an 8... I've had 8 friends and the contrast is huge... they always are very physically grounded and attentive to action around them, have a tough prepared way about them that tends to intimidate others pre-emptively from messing with them. Me on the surface, I seem more pensive.
    You seem to have a very good insight in Enneagram, Lucid, but I often ask myself why are people so obsessed with tritype if for begginers it is often hard to understand the basic theory (basic type, dominant wing, instinctual subtype). I see so much confusion in these issues. People don´t understand for example that being 'sexual' in the instinctual subtype is quite different from being a sex-driven person or a sex addict (although this can happen more to sexuals). I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HELEN PALMER´S BOOK 'THE ENNEAGRAM, UNDERSTANDING YOURSELF AND OTHERS', which is btw available for free download at sites like 4shared in pdf format.

When someone gets past this book, has kind of 'mastered' it, understood it clearly, I suggest Don Riso´s 'Wisdom of the Enneagram' which is much more profound, requires more intelligence and an open mind.

Anyway I missed my point here which was, can you speak of the differences between 1, 6, 8 and 9 regarding rage without any tritype thing?
    Last edited by Airman; 07-28-2010 at 07:02 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esper View Post
    That's dolphin...E6 with 9. I think she has 1 also.

Good post.
    You see HaveLucidDreamz, this is why I ask you not to speak of tritypes here on this Socionics forum. People have absolutely NO KNOWLEDGE OF ENNEAGRAM, and so they get even more confused.

Like this man or woman saying that this Dolphin could be a E6-9-1... IT´S FUCKING NOT POSSIBLE, FUCK!

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU, MORON, TRI-TYPE IS A CONTESTED THEORY WITHIN THE ENNEAGRAM WHICH SAYS THAT YOU HAVE ONE TYPE IN EACH OF THE THREE TRIADS. THE INSTINCTUAL TRIAD COMPRISES 8, 9 AND 1,...THE EMOTION OR IMAGE TRIAD COMPRISES 2, 3 AND 4, AND THE MENTAL TRIAD 5, 6 AND 7... YOU CANNOT BE 1,9 AND 6...BECAUSE 1 AND 9 ARE IN THE SAME FUCKING TRIAD AND YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE NO TYPE IN ANOTHER OF THE TRIADS. GET THAT? FUCK

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FUCK YOU ALL

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    FUCK YOU ALL
    Not so emotional, will you, or people will think you're ILE.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Not so emotional, will you, or people will think you're ILE.
    Stop.
    You're not being nice. He's upset, just leave him alone.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aha funny

Can someone please ban this shitstick already?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don´t care what people think when I have to put my indignation out when I read crap. Thanks padre.

Thanks for the concern Maritsa, but please keep this obsession for me less pronounced.

HaveLucidDreamz, just to clarify one thing for me here, it was you who stated some months ago that you were a gay man from Holland, wasn´t it?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Stop.
    You're not being nice. He's upset, just leave him alone.
    He's making a rather witless mockery of the idea that 1s are angry people.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    aha funny

Can someone please ban this shitstick already?
    Oh now the gay drama queen wants me to be banned, LOL.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    He's making a rather witless mockery of the idea that 1s are angry people.
    Almost. It was a mockery about ESTJs not 1s.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilly did you get offended for me calling you the gay drama queen?
    I don´t like to hurt anyone´s feelings, really.
    I´m very sensitive to that.
    I can be brutal and sadistic but I´m sensitive and honourable, always.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good for you.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Gilly did you get offended for me calling you the gay drama queen?
    I don´t like to hurt anyone´s feelings, really.
    I´m very sensitive to that.
    I can be brutal and sadistic but I´m sensitive and honourable, always.
    Thank goodness one LSE is.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-28-2010 at 08:43 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You couldn't hurt my feelings if you tried, pal

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Airborne, have you given any more thought to ESFj?

Creepy-female

Quote Originally Posted by esper View Post
    That's dolphin...E6 with 9. I think she has 1 also.

Good post.
    Interesting, perhaps the 1 thing has more to do with the fact that my parents are probably both different wings of 1?..for example in my Riso Hudson books the quizzes for your likelihood to be a certain type went like.."You are very likely to be a type 8 or have a type 8 parents"..etc

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. I will read their description more in-depth though I remember not fitting in. There are lots of ESFJs in the city I live in, very upbeat, cheerful people. People who like to make jokes about everything even when the situation demands seriousness. This is a bit irritating to me. I understand that I´ve been heavily influenced by living in an ESFJ city/state since I was born. It doesn´t feel like home to me. I´m much more serious in real life. I´m actually quite boring and pessimistic. But living 28 years here has given me a bit of an ESFJ thing I guess. What I REALLY do not fit into is their quadra. Alpha for me, don´t think so.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Interesting, perhaps the 1 thing has more to do with the fact that my parents are probably both different wings of 1?..for example in my Riso Hudson books the quizzes for your likelihood to be a certain type went like.."You are very likely to be a type 8 or have a type 8 parents"..etc
    out of curiosity (I'm trying to test my ideas against reality), did you find my description of e6-9w1 accurate?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I don't know about that.
    6 is probably the most reactive type. It's easier to provoke a 6 than it is an 8. 6s are most likely to fall victim to internet trolls.
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy View Post
    Airborne, have you given any more thought to ESFj?
    I consider Caregiver romance styles as possible for me so this includes ESFJ, ISFP, plus ESTJ and ISTP, but I tend to lean more towards ISFP if I´m an Alpha, then on ESFJ.

Creepy-male

6 is probably the most reactive type. It's easier to provoke a 6 than it is an 8. 6s are most likely to fall victim to internet trolls.
    So I take it you now consider me E6 again?

Creepy-male

Hmm I think this is accurate. 8's have a more strong tough persona... like an impenetrable tank. They are likely to use some modified form of the mantra "Reality is merciless, only the strong survive" and they condition themselves to be tough because of this.

However the behavior on the outside, isn't at all the typical tough guy act. All of the 8's I've ever known aren't the type to be all like "Whaatt man, you want to fight motherfucker". There attitude is more like "I don't give a fuck, cry me a river" when you try to insult/attack/complain to them. They just shrug it off like they are unharmed.

8's are very physical, so they likely just tend to avoid verbal confrontation if it's not physical in nature. 8's don't usually waste time debating things out that are beliefs or abstract ideas and arguing with words/ideas/concepts. They aren't likely to be trolled because frankly they don't give a fuck.

Most conflict with 8's arise with other issues. Mainly Territorial sense and physical awareness... like 8's are likely to be the kinds that "get in people's faces" or "don't like to have people get in their face". This goes even into abstract manners, 8's are likely to see their status in society as territory to be held and defended... not for vanity reasons but for power reasons. If they feel their social status is under threat and they could loose power because of it they will take action. They are very physical and grounded people... and thus not likely to get into arguments over abstract things.

A christian who is an 8 is unlikely to get trolled on the internet by an atheist. However an 8 who is a christian would become very offended if an atheist entered into a church service and began protesting loudly and interrupting the service. The 8 wouldn't react by heckling or arguing with the aethist, he would use words to convey his intentions in action... "please leave now, you are not welcome on these premises, etc...".... and then if he instinctively feels this is ineffective the 8 will proceed to physically remove the intruder from the premises.

Creepy-female

out of curiosity (I'm trying to test my ideas against reality), did you find my description of e6-9w1 accurate?
    Hm I suppose..I wonder if someone would define passive aggressive more clearly because I think I might have negative connotations associated with it.

But I did like it..I think that honestly, it fits well because..yeah I have anger. But the way I deal with it..I hardly ever am able to express it. I mean yes, I come here to express it sometimes. But the sad fact is in the real world I'm quite unable to express disapproval to people or confront them. When realizations about them came I deal with it by basically running away. When it's necessary to interact with them I keep a lid on my feelings by acting sort of 9-ish and non committal to mask the anxiety. It's a state of, I believe that 9 is the state of being pulled in opposing directions..you have 8 anger directed at others, controlling others, and the 1 anger directed at themselves, and controlling themselves. I feel that 9s being in the center of this hold are pushed-pulled between both the internal and external anger so it's like they compensate by becoming unmoving and keeping everything at arms length metaphorically so they just zone out as to not have to make a decision that contains sharpness or dissonance. I think it's their way of control. I returned my enneagram book to the library the other day but I one of 9's issues was that they felt overlooked and ignored as children. Here's a 9 description I like:

The early wounding that NINES experienced resulted from their perception that they didn’t matter, weren’t that important, and weren’t worth being noticed or cared about. NINES say they are sensitive to being neglected, feeling shamed, crushed, or left defenseless. They are sensitive to conflict, confrontation, disharmony, and to being criticized or punished for hurting others out of anger.

Instead of facing this painful reality that, apparently, they didn't matter that much to their parents since their parents didn't show them much attention, NINES assumed the less painful stance of resignation. They took the attitude of: So what? It doesn't matter (which is less painful than I don't matter.) What's the difference? Why make a big deal out of anything? Life is short, anyway. So NINES resigned themselves and settled in for the duration. They turned down their energy, lowered their expectations, and began their long hibernation.

NINES weren't listened to and so they learned to not listen to themselves and their needs, preferences, wants, feelings, and own ideas. No one asked them what they thought, valued, or wanted and so they subsequently forget to ask themselves. As adults, NINES often don't know what kind of person they would like to be, what kind of work they might like to pursue, or what kind of partner they prefer to marry.

When their sensibilities are stepped on, the NINES’ maladaptive schemas surface.

"I don’t matter."
    "I’m not important."
    "I’m not cared for."
    "It’s not O.K. to be upset."
    "I shouldn’t stand out."
    "It’s more important to be nice than to be true to myself."
    "It’s not O.K. to show anger because conflict destroys."
    "I must avoid my feelings or I’ll go to pieces."
    "Everything is the same. Nothing matters."
    "If I’m not here, I’m safe."

Whenever their desires and wants become figural, the NINES' automatic response comes into play to push them into the background. They defocus, distract themselves, become indolent, avoid conflict, and fall asleep.

And, as we have seen with every other type, the NINES’ defensive strategy eventually creates the very situation it sought to avoid. The more NINES blend into the background, the more non-descript and bland they become, the more they go unnoticed and neglected. Procrastination makes matters worse and eventually heightens conflict. Ignoring a tumor doesn’t cure it; it grows through neglect.

While their ego’s solution might keep them calm, it doesn’t bring them what they really want and need which is to be loved, cared for, and noticed. Also, along with garnering esteem in the eyes of others, NINES need self-acceptance and self-esteem. They want to be at peace with their inner feelings, especially their angry ones. They want to be proactive and speak up for themselves. And, while doing so, they want to maintain their sense of union and harmony. They want to experience inter-being.

What NINES need to do when their vulnerability is breached is stay in touch with their essential feelings, preferences, and values, let them emerge, and act on them. They need to trust that their passions will not irrevocably disturb the harmony of the spheres. Actually their desires are part of the energy system of the universe that keeps it evolving through a process of differentiation and integration. NINES need to honor both the polarizing as well as the harmonizing dimensions of the evolutionary process.

3V View: Values, Visions, & Vulnerabilities

I'm not really 9-ish overall to be a 9 but I think the 3-6-9 thing is illustrative of the changing states of those respective types..and that it factors into my behavior. I could definately see 9 in my trifix. lol thx esper ^^

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brian how can you be an Se- SEI , AS THERE EXISTS NO SUCH THING?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    So I take it you now consider me E6 again?
    problem?
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6 is probably the most reactive type. It's easier to provoke a 6 than it is an 8.
    yessssssss

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tritype is the product of people who took lots of acid. It´s total insanity.

One type is your type. You have one Essence whether you want to believe it is mortal, immortal, neither, both. You have one Vice or Passion, and one Virtue. All the rest is PURE BULLSHIT. Take your type and study your vice, your virtue and your holy idea or essence. And see if it rings. All the rest is waste of time and mental masturbation. But obviously some people love mental masturbation they must have orgasms after hours of writing and thinking unnecessary and silly stuff.

I identify myself much more with the Essence 'Strength' than with 'Perfection' which makes me more 6 than 1, but my vice is much more Anger than Fear.

Creepy-male

problem?
    Not at all, it would just be funny if you changed your opinion of my etype yet again. That would make you about as indecisive on my type as I used to be.

Brian how can you be an Se- SEI , AS THERE EXISTS NO SUCH THING?
    My type: SEI

• M&O subtypes -> Si-SEI
    • Gulenko accepting/producing subtypes -> Fe-SEI
    • Gulenko's DCNH subtypes -> C-SEI -> More "Creative" in the sense of being mobilised to resolve a crisis than enacting long-term fixes/solutions. -> Se-SEI.

So I'm really saying I'm a C-SEI, but for people who buy into the whole 8-subtypes thing, I think I'd be Se sub.

--

Anyway, as for tritype, I think it's a little divorced from the Enneagream, and should be more treated as a cousin than a descendant, despite functioning (or being billed as functioning) as an extension.

To be more clear, your core/base type, as you say, describes how you work on the inside, while the other two types from your tritype describe how you present externally, and your "next line" of defence when your main type doesn't have a response (which is nonsense... your main type always has a response).

For example, I'm 9-4-7. That doesn't mean I take the Holy Idea of each type, or anything more than outward behaviours. To some degree the 4- and 7-fixes can arguably colour my personality, and it seems like this or a related idea is what Dreamz was working from. Going with the stress idea above, I supposedly, under a lot of stress, relay my stresses on to my 4-fix for resolution (I'll write short stories, or poems, and get really withdrawn and broody and generally melancholy), then, under even more stress, I tap my 7-fix on the shoulder and go "Aight buddy, you sort this mess out". That's typically when I fill up on some sort of stimulant and deliberately abuse my body and start hurtling into as much mindless activity as I can to keep myself distracted from the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.

The other side of that is, according to the theory, I look 4-like and 7-like (but not 9-like... there's no such thing, lol) on the outside, I guess in the sense that I appear mixed very introverted, but with a charming, friendly, almost "extroverted" persona, or something; but I neither understand this aspect, nor do I have any real or substantial sense of how I come across to others (lol, Nines).

I mean to be perfectly honest, that all said, I can quite easily wrap up all the 4 and 7 behaviour into things that are perfectly consistent with being a Nine, and a sexual Nine at that (or more specifically sx/sp, I guess), but I like both having labels attached to myself and doing the same thing that everyone else is to avoid standing out too much.

Creepy-male

Tritype is the product of people who took lots of acid. It´s total insanity.

One type is your type. You have one Essence whether you want to believe it is mortal, immortal, neither, both. You have one Vice or Passion, and one Virtue. All the rest is PURE BULLSHIT. Take your type and study your vice, your virtue and your holy idea or essence. And see if it rings. All the rest is waste of time and mental masturbation. But obviously some people love mental masturbation they must have orgasms after hours of writing and thinking unnecessary and silly stuff.

I identify myself much more with the Essence 'Strength' than with 'Perfection' which makes me more 6 than 1, but my vice is much more Anger than Fear.
    Oh god, you seem threatened by the idea of tritype. Grow some balls, ideas can't hurt you. Seriously your fear is starting to disturb me... relax, its only talking. Do yourself a favor and yell out something completely false... and observe you will still stand alive. Ever been wrong before? Did god smite you down? No? oh well I guess false ideas can't harm you. Once you've gained your composure we can continue discussion.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Hm I suppose..I wonder if someone would define passive aggressive more clearly because I think I might have negative connotations associated with it.

But I did like it..I think that honestly, it fits well because..yeah I have anger. But the way I deal with it..I hardly ever am able to express it. I mean yes, I come here to express it sometimes. But the sad fact is in the real world I'm quite unable to express disapproval to people or confront them. When realizations about them came I deal with it by basically running away. When it's necessary to interact with them I keep a lid on my feelings by acting sort of 9-ish and non committal to mask the anxiety. It's a state of, I believe that 9 is the state of being pulled in opposing directions..you have 8 anger directed at others, controlling others, and the 1 anger directed at themselves, and controlling themselves. I feel that 9s being in the center of this hold are pushed-pulled between both the internal and external anger so it's like they compensate by becoming unmoving and keeping everything at arms length metaphorically so they just zone out as to not have to make a decision that contains sharpness or dissonance. I think it's their way of control. I returned my enneagram book to the library the other day but I one of 9's issues was that they felt overlooked and ignored as children. Here's a 9 description I like:
    ahh by passive aggressive I mean something different than saying "if this is your tritype then you inescapably have this disorder".... so you can discard that, I would rationalize it further but I'll just be digging my grave deeper and deeper for some of the people around here.

Anyways I'm glad you like it, if that's what you truely think... If not then I'm glad you were nice enough to say so even though you didn't think so.

I liked your description of the way 9 leans toward 8 or 1 also. I really liked it... I've always considered such ideas but.... I've never seen it that way as internal/external.

Thanks for responding without impaling me on a stake.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not at all, it would just be funny if you changed your opinion of my etype yet again. That would make you about as indecisive on my type as I used to be.

My type: SEI

• M&O subtypes -> Si-SEI
    • Gulenko accepting/producing subtypes -> Fe-SEI
    • Gulenko's DCNH subtypes -> C-SEI -> More "Creative" in the sense of being mobilised to resolve a crisis than enacting long-term fixes/solutions. -> Se-SEI.

So I'm really saying I'm a C-SEI, but for people who buy into the whole 8-subtypes thing, I think I'd be Se sub.

--

Anyway, as for tritype, I think it's a little divorced from the Enneagream, and should be more treated as a cousin than a descendant, despite functioning (or being billed as functioning) as an extension.

To be more clear, your core/base type, as you say, describes how you work on the inside, while the other two types from your tritype describe how you present externally, and your "next line" of defence when your main type doesn't have a response (which is nonsense... your main type always has a response).

For example, I'm 9-4-7. That doesn't mean I take the Holy Idea of each type, or anything more than outward behaviours. To some degree the 4- and 7-fixes can arguably colour my personality, and it seems like this or a related idea is what Dreamz was working from. Going with the stress idea above, I supposedly, under a lot of stress, relay my stresses on to my 4-fix for resolution (I'll write short stories, or poems, and get really withdrawn and broody and generally melancholy), then, under even more stress, I tap my 7-fix on the shoulder and go "Aight buddy, you sort this mess out". That's typically when I fill up on some sort of stimulant and deliberately abuse my body and start hurtling into as much mindless activity as I can to keep myself distracted from the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.

The other side of that is, according to the theory, I look 4-like and 7-like (but not 9-like... there's no such thing, lol) on the outside, I guess in the sense that I appear mixed very introverted, but with a charming, friendly, almost "extroverted" persona, or something; but I neither understand this aspect, nor do I have any real or substantial sense of how I come across to others (lol, Nines).

I mean to be perfectly honest, that all said, I can quite easily wrap up all the 4 and 7 behaviour into things that are perfectly consistent with being a Nine, and a sexual Nine at that (or more specifically sx/sp, I guess), but I like both having labels attached to myself and doing the same thing that everyone else is to avoid standing out too much.
    Yes and all this is just natural because you´re a 9, but you can see the ridiculousness of tritype.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol get over yourself, I have no idea how you came out of nowhere and assumed I was talking about you. You're being very un-9.
    gut fix is how you deal with conflict and personal boundaries, heart fix is how you present yourself, head fix describes your thought processes. Your reaction to stress is the lines of (dis)integration. It goes through the same kind of rotating process you're talking about, but you're looking at the wrong things. Writing stories and moping about does not mean you have a 4 fix by any stretch.

*eye twitch*
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh god, you seem threatened by the idea of tritype. Grow some balls, ideas can't hurt you. Seriously your fear is starting to disturb me... relax, its only talking. Do yourself a favor and yell out something completely false... and observe you will still stand alive. Ever been wrong before? Did god smite you down? No? oh well I guess false ideas can't harm you. Once you've gained your composure we can continue discussion.
    I see that you´ve already bought the idea that I´m a 6. You were quick to jump into that conclusion and act based on that... not too much intelligence there I must say. You should wait a little more or something. I guess I just irritated you.

Well you can´t irritate me with these silly words even if I´m a 6, try better. And you didn´t reply to me whether you are that gay guy from Holland.

Now can you please discuss Enneagram without tritype? Or is that too much for you? This reminds me of this cool E6 music:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast