View Poll Results: Seth MacFarlane's type?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

2 12.50%
  • SEI (ISFp)

2 12.50%
  • ESE (ESFj)

3 18.75%
  • LII (INTj)

2 12.50%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

1 6.25%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

1 6.25%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

2 12.50%
  • LIE (ENTj)

1 6.25%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

4 25.00%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seth MacFarlane

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

your dual

You've developed a dual radar..lol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

She's INFp or ISFp; is he with her?

-

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Creepy-male

I could be way off base but I see Seth MacFarlane and Matt Groening (Simpsons and Futrama) as being ILE's. Seth MacFarlane especially loves being an ass, but doing it in a clever and fun way so that its not offensive... Fi-PoLR with Fe>Fi. Further if you look closely you can see Si-valuing... specifically with characters like Peter who are more ISxp. Also it is typical for family guy to do these jokes where they set some hypothetical situation up or throw out an analogy and then they cut to it. This seems incredibly Ne based to me.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

XSXP

I can see SLE or SLI, but SLI react differently on camera then SLE
    -

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    ESXP
    At least for now we agree on EP tempermant. I'll wait and see what other people say.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I guess I could see Fi PoLR, but Se in his ego? nah.
    He's overworked at work; too overworked to show it.
    -

Creepy-male

This is what I had in mind with Fi-PoLR

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqvTwklfZP4&feature=related]YouTube - Seth Mcfarlane introduces Family Guy[/ame]

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Oh common! He's SLE; you guys are confusing the daylights out of me. HE'S SLE!
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

He was 2 when he started drawing; that takes some strong S

variation of movement...take that as dynamics.

NORMAL SLE don't always have to talk about themselves in socionics terms you know.
    -

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE, imo. Fi-polr makes sense. SLE seems off-the-bat wrong, but I haven't watched any interviews. It's not impossible. Still... alpha seems to make more sense than beta. Certainly not an Fi-valuer.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

He is ILE, this typing is easy.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brian Griffin is ESFj.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somewhere I read that Seth MacFarlane and Brian are

ILI
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brian's character seems like a pretty good candidate for ILI. His girlfriend for instance was an SEE probably. Don't know if anything else would fit better--he's some Fi/Te valuer for sure. He does have the Se dual-seeing adventuresome spirit where he doesn't actually accomplish much but daydreams about it, and has the kind of sentimental thoughts I associate with Ni, because they're not really all that feelly and emotional.

I used to type him alpha NT back when I didn't really have a good idea of how the types were.
    Last edited by 717495; 07-27-2010 at 03:36 PM.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Seth
    "I love the lush orchestration and old-fashioned melody writing ... it just gets you excited, that kind of music," he said. "It's very optimistic. And it's fun. The one thing that's missing for me from popular music today is fun. Guys like [Bing] Crosby, or [Frank] Sinatra, or Dean Martin, or Mel Tormé [...] these are guys who sounded like they were having a great time".
    ILI, uh huh.. yea.. seriously?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm still at a phase of confusing ILI and LII because of their on-the-surface similarity, but what type do you think he is? I know she was definitely SEE.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ExTp. Not sure which. SLE is not too hard to imagine.. ILE is possible too, but usually ILEs go off on more tangents and have less obscenity / vulgarity in their humor.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    ILI, uh huh.. yea.. seriously?
    I said ILI because I read it in an other text, as I said. How does your quote contradict that?
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does Brian value Fi btw? I don't see it.
    Idk. Not sure he really does. I'll have to watch a more Brian-focused episode and figure out why I said that and what his type really is. I can honestly see him as ILE. I know there's another thread about this, but how about the other characters?

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Yeah, she was SEE.

I'm not 100% on his type. I'm kind of leaning towards ILE for both Brian and Seth. How does Brian value Fi btw? I don't see it.
    You know, Brian reminds me of myself a bit...

This weekend when esper was over, I was making coffee and martini's while dispensing dry humor.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh, I was thinking the same thing hkkmr, which is why I also thought he could be ILE.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In his interviews he doesn't show Fi polr, he's always very gracious. I say ESE, though it looks like I'm in the minority right now.
    Last edited by electric sheep; 07-27-2010 at 10:10 PM.
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE.
    Stan is not my real name.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

his humor reminded me of my ILE

and wtf lol esper was over? plz explain.
    Yes, she was over for a quick visit this weekend while visiting her family in TN. I tried to get folks out, but people were busy.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After watching the videos posted in this thread, the best match I can think of is IEI. His body language is calmer and more relaxed than I would expect an ILE to be (introversion, probably IP), and he seems to be able to handle social situations easily and without stress (strong Ethics). His humour does seem Se-valuing, not just because it's crude, but because it seems to focus a lot on superficial appearances -- his joke about Celine Dion's nose, etc. In that same Harvard speech, he talks a lot about status, making jokes contrasting Harvard's high social status, to his own low social status. This again seems like a typical Beta concern.

Anyway, I'm not exactly solid on this IEI idea, but I do think Beta is a good place to start looking for his type.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    After watching the videos posted in this thread, the best match I can think of is IEI. His body language is calmer and more relaxed than I would expect an ILE to be (introversion, probably IP), and he seems to be able to handle social situations easily and without stress (strong Ethics). His humour does seem Se-valuing, not just because it's crude, but because it seems to focus a lot on superficial appearances -- his joke about Celine Dion's nose, etc. In that same Harvard speech, he talks a lot about status, making jokes contrasting Harvard's high social status, to his own low social status. This again seems like a typical Beta concern.

Anyway, I'm not exactly solid on this IEI idea, but I do think Beta is a good place to start looking for his type.
    EP's are pretty calm looking, but they can mobilize quickly and have a lot of energy. Also ILE's like to lay around and think, and not neccessary be all up in everyone's face all the time. As far as appearance, being si-dual seeking, and se-role, ILE are very appearance conscious as well as status conscious. They will often comment on issues of class, race, religionous differences, money, equality and other topics.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno I'm just not seeing the Fi polr. Sure he has an offensive show, but in person he seems very tactful and socially graceful.
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brian: SEI-Fe 6w7 sx/so
    Peter: SLE-Ti 7w8 sp/so
    Lois: ESE-Fe 2w3 sx/so
    Chris: SEI-Si 4w5 so/sx
    Meg: EIE-Fe 3w2 so/sp
    Stewie: LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Quagmire: SEE-Se 7w6 sx/so
    Joe: LSE-Si 1w2 sp/so
    Cleveland: EII-Ne 9w8 sx/sp

MacFarlane seems SLE>ILE to me; even if he is super goofy, he has a kind of solidity to him that I just don't ever get from ILEs.

Also the perfect used-car-salesman smile:

Last edited by Gilly; 07-28-2010 at 05:24 PM.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post

MacFarlane seems SLE>ILE to me; even if he is super goofy, he has a kind of solidity to him that I just don't ever get from ILEs.

[/IMG]
    Hey I got it right! I was thinking Seth is ESTp. He has that snarky, subdued manner, unable to hide what he's thinking, regardless of what the teleprompter says. Perfect as the anchor for Weekend Update.

I'd buy a used car from him. He couldn't hide what was wrong, and would rather share the joke than sell the lemon.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peter: Ne-ENTp
    Lois: Alpha SF maybe?
    Carter Pewterschmidt: Te-EXTj?
    Chris: Ti-ENTp
    Meg: Beta NF, thinking INFp
    Stewie: Ti-ENTp
    Brian: Fe-ESFj
    Cleveland: Ne-INFj
    Loretta: ESFj maybe
    Quagmire: Se-ESTp?
    Joe: Si-ESTj
    Bonnie: Fi-INFj

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cleveland is as SEI as they come.
    Stewie is obviously Ni creative. I think the whole being emotional + ****** thing + being a bi stereotype is supposed to make him EIE.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upon further reflection, I'm going to change my hypothesis on McFarlane from IEI to EIE. His expressions and demeanour are more open than most IEIs, I think. And like electric sheep said, he seems too tactful and socially graceful for a Thinking type (especially in that video where he's interacting with the paparazzi, for example).

EIE would also help explain why he's being mistaken for ILE; I've noticed that Benefit pairs frequently get confused, likely due to the Demonstrative function of the Benefactor being the Base function of the Beneficiary.
    Quaero Veritas.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I was also thinking ILE might be possible, but Ne-ILE, same as Peter. Wouldn't say though--stewie appears to portray somewhat more of an Se/Ni value system in this kind of show though, so I tend to lean toward EIE. He has weird moments of science and logic, especially in the beginning, almost LII-like, but portrays EIE most of the time.

This seems right.

This seems potentially true. Not sure why all the idiots in this show would be ILE... hmm, maybe McFarlane knew someone
    Last edited by 717495; 08-10-2010 at 08:54 AM.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I was also thinking ILE might be possible, but Ne-ILE, same as Peter. Wouldn't say though--stewie appears to portray somewhat more of an Se/Ni value system in this kind of show though, so I tend to lean toward EIE. He has weird moments of science and logic, especially in the beginning, almost LII-like, but portrays EIE most of the time.
    Yeah stewie is a weird and useless character on the show. He serves no purpose other than marketing as far as I'm concerned. But IMO he seems far too Ti-centered to be Fe ego, at least in the early episodes. I can see where you're coming from though with the ****** comparison.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peter: Ne-ENTp
    Lois: Alpha SF maybe?
    Carter Pewterschmidt: Te-EXTj?
    Meg: Beta NF, thinking INFp
    Brian: Fe-ESFj
    Loretta: ESFj maybe
    Quagmire: Se-ESTp?
    Joe: Si-ESTj
    Bonnie: Fi-INFj
    How is Chris ILE? SEI SEI SEI SEI

Also Stewie is blatantly Se HA.

I'm kind of on the fence about Peter being SLE or ILE.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lois is clearly ESE-Si.

Under cerulean skies...

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Lois is clearly ESE-Si.
    I can see Si-ESE, but I tend to go with Si-SEI because she seems more introverted/emotionally reserved, looking more for comfort and satisfaction, shows more concern for physical well-being of her family than she does the emotionality, and shares the same irrational wavelength as peter, in my opinion.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, she seems EJ to me. I could see SEI-Fe, but not IP-sub IP, she has too much energy, too much impact.

Under cerulean skies...

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see her having work ethic, but it doesn't really remind me a whole lot of EJ. Still though, I can see it in some daily bouts.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

idk, the thing to me is, Pi-EJs usually seem more like they have tempered, controlled energy, like they are keeping something under wraps, or releasing a more insistent internal energy in sort of a parceled-out consistency, whereas Fe-IPs usually come across as having energy in spats, sort of having a natural containment and making distinct efforts to come "out" of it.

Under cerulean skies...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast