Thread: Let's have a deep and meaningful conversation

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Let's have a deep and meaningful conversation.

I thought I'd start a new topic just for the heck of it. Our thread count has fallen below that of Beta. We're far above being competitive, of course, so this has nothing at all to do with that. Oh no. Nothing whatever.

So.... what shall we talk about?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like you very much schroedinger cat.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But she doesn't like us, FDG -- typical relationship of benefit! :wink:
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love being liked. I do like ENTJs. See, Expat, it's different when the benefactor lacks Ti and therefore all belief that he is bound to be right, and when the beneficiary is a superman or -girl who can see through walls and glows in the dark. So it's OK.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Let's have a deep and meaningful conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleesha
    Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    I thought I'd start a new topic just for the heck of it. Our thread count has fallen below that of Beta. We're far above being competitive, of course, so this has nothing at all to do with that. Oh no. Nothing whatever.

So.... what shall we talk about?
    I like you but I can't allow you to get in front again :wink:
    Oh, this is just part of our grand Delta plan for world domination. So far we've got to the "prepare for the big concerted effort by chilling out and relaxing" part. It looks like we love that bit so much we'll just stick with it and let the world dominate itself. So, I'm afraid, it's nothing you guys from the other quadras will have to worry about. Unless you fear being relaxed to death, of course.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what do you think of Jungs archetypes? Mysticism aside is there a lesson to be learned from them?http://www.physics.adelaide.edu.au/~...ne/heroes.html

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. Are these the Jungian archetypes? I thought those were anima, animus, persona, shadow, great mother etc. I couldn't find a complete list online, though.

There are certain motifs that always surface whenever people dream, tell stories or create myths. That is pretty obvious. Not sure if those motifs really exist in our psyche as well. Something exists in us that can best be explained with such symbols. But do all the archetypes exist in every person during all times? Even religious archetypes of past cults you know nothing about (as Jung apparently found out)? Hm.

Topaz, thanks for suggesting a topic, btw. Yay! Now this thread even gets to be about something! We can exchange anecdotes about our persona and our shadow. Or we can guess which type's shadow is most likely to be ENFp-ish.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im sorry I got distracted with videos of Bjork. I found this website where an INFJ writes alot about these archetypes and makes them very understandable. Unfortunately I think the page has been removed because I cant find it anywhere. I'll have a print out of it and maybe I can mention a few points this evening (uh after work)

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Who on this forum do you think is:

5. The overall coolest: Shroodinger's Cat

So, now fo you guys wanna talk about how much better Delta is than Beta?

See, its obvious... we are genetically superior to the other Quadras. Why?

They are set up in terms of levels of development. Alphas are like the Nienderthals. They are raw, primative, and infantile. Thus, they are the least developed of all the types. Beta tries to improve upon that and move forward. They have more focus than Alpha, but are still scrappy in a lot of areas. Then we come to Gamma. They are more well-rounded and respectable then the previous to Quadras, however, their beliefs system leads them off course. And the food chain ends at Delta. We are perfect in every way, because we have built upon all past failuers and know what we are doing. We make virtually no mistakes, and are more intelligent, better looking, and superior to everyone else.

MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, now fo you guys wanna talk about how much better Delta is than Beta?

See, its obvious... we are genetically superior to the other Quadras. Why?

They are set up in terms of levels of development. Alphas are like the Nienderthals. They are raw, primative, and infantile. Thus, they are the least developed of all the types. Beta tries to improve upon that and move forward. They have more focus than Alpha, but are still scrappy in a lot of areas. Then we come to Gamma. They are more well-rounded and respectable then the previous to Quadras, however, their beliefs system leads them off course. And the food chain ends at Delta. We are perfect in every way, because we have built upon all past failuers and know what we are doing. We make virtually no mistakes, and are more intelligent, better looking, and superior to everyone else.

And humble too. We're just too shy to admit it!

Topaz

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, too sensible. Those who are enlightened enough to be adequate interlocutors for Delta will realize instantly how grand we all are.* Those who aren't, don't. Natural selection. Survival of the ttest. (Sorry. Couldn't resist.)

*"OMG... I never realized... this yearning in my heart for something bigger and better, something... something worthwhile, something that transcends everything AND serves brownies that absolutely kick ass... and now I see... it's Delta!"

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat

HA! You are pretty cool SC. And its not just those purple shades

Topaz

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooooh thank you. This is nice. I think I've just become an inch taller.