Thread: Ti or Te?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ti or Te?

3. IJ – Introverted rational (balanced-stable temperament)

Energy Exchange. They always try to conserve energy and keep it for activities that are objectively necessary. They are afraid of excess activity and non-productive exhaustion of their strength.
    1) Te is efficiency of an action, technical processes, the accomplishment of work, the efficient and prudent use of resources, factual accuracy, and the acquisition of relevant and useful information. Te understands the difference between effective and ineffective behavior when performing a procedure or accomplishing a task, and aspires to increase the frequency of productive outcomes within a system.
    See my problem?
    LII

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zed View Post
    See my problem?
    The difference is that dominants are always applying that algorithm to generate as much work as possible.
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    The difference is that dominants are always applying that algorithm to generate as much work as possible.
    Ah... thanks. Seems pretty obvious now.

Quote Originally Posted by ananke View Post
    Yeah. Until you know about 50 people of each type, the descriptions can be interpreted to mean just about anything. I'm sure we could make a case for you being SEE.
    I've started to realize this. Map, not territory.
    Last edited by Zed; 07-23-2010 at 04:37 PM.
    LII

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IP - conserve energy for what is subjectively necessarily
    IJ - conserve energy for what is objectively necessarily

I guess that makes sense.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zed: you relate the most to Te. There's a word for people like that: Te dominant.

The temperaments (abstract typing) or temperament descriptors aren't reliable enough to disparage the basics. I also don't fit one dichotomy either: I'm IP. It's a simple understandable error that happens to everyone (when they use these different side methods that are available on these popular english websites, like dichotomies). Doesn't make it easier, it distorts things for beginners, and that's MBTI that has dichotomies. Socionics was created based primarily on the information elements and how they relate to other type compositions, via intertype relations. If you're a Te dominant, then you should be looking for an Fi type.

What you should do, instead of focusing on temperament and other side-theories that aren't reliable, if you're really unsure if you're a Te ego, you should study yourself more, study the information elements, really look to see if Te is the right choice, being it's your strongest and dominant = "the person's most comfortable thinking patterns, perspective on life, state of mind, and behavioral style as well as their positive motivational forces."

If so, then you're an ENTj or ESTj, no problem. There have been ENTjs and ESTjs on here who have mistaken themselves for introvert types, yes.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So is it a question of extrovert vs. introvert or judging vs. perceiving?

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Zed View Post
    See my problem?
    Hmm I do... interesting LII's are efficient also.. they have strong Te... but its undervalued (in the id block).

Also Si in some ways is efficient, but more in the sense of physical exertion.

... hmm see I don't know too much about tempermants but I know Te isn't really about all types of efficiency it's only efficiency that makes sense within the context of "External Logical Qualities - the Objective Facts". There efficiency is like "This takes 2 hours to do this way... it takes 3 hours to do this way... I'll do the 2 hour way"... then in their head the observation is made that "This is the more time-efficient way"... Because the external logical quality is time, which they weigh in their head, to select the best option.

Ti is different, your basically less concerned with the "facts" as you are with the logical system. A Ti types looks for an "efficient" system by constructing a method which takes a short amount of time. A Te types looks at the various methods and considers the logical consequences.

You have to build a building with little materials... the Ti invents a methodical systematic way to conserve resources... the Te considers various approaches then rules out the inefficient ones.

The Ti however must have an extroverted function assisting it though so it has something objective to construct its system with. The Te must have an introverted function to give it subjective approaches to weigh the efficiency of.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    Ti is different, your basically less concerned with the "facts" as you are with the logical system. A Ti types looks for an "efficient" system by constructing a method which takes a short amount of time. A Te types looks at the various methods and considers the logical consequences.

You have to build a building with little materials... the Ti invents a methodical systematic way to conserve resources... the Te considers various approaches then rules out the inefficient ones.
    Nice, I think I understand the I/E difference between Te and Ti now.

Sure you don't want to be my dual?

Creepy-male

How it works with thinkers....

with
    Brainstorm Ideas to generate possibilities, consider the positive/negative potential of each, build a system which maximizes the positive potential and minimizes the negative, therefore being efficient.

ex) INTj physicist proving the carnot cycle is most efficient means of heat engine

with
    Observe reality, consider the direct consequence of said action on reality, build a system which accomplishes desired consequence effectively and efficiently.

ex) ISTj obeying/enforcing laws to maximize safety in community

with
    Consider various pertinent facts, contemplate the consequences and contributions of each piece of factual information, connect together an algorithm which utilizes only the most effective and efficient methods.

ex) ENTj building stable building and considering various designs

with
    Consider various physical approaches to tasks, consider the amount of energy expended in doing so, choose the easiest one.

ex) ISTp builder trying to lift heavy stones without expending too much effort.

..... I observed this a lot in engineering... I took a class with an ENTj and ESTj... both ego who would approach things completely different... it was very much based on facts and algorithms rather than systems and concepts. There distaste for Fe made them especially dry also, but they would like all that Fi student-teacher bonding stuff. I think Gamma NT's make the best "engineers" in the most mainstream sense... Delta ST's which a knack for intuition also do rather well... Alpha NT's can do "engineering " but aren't really engineers though imho. Alpha NT's make good physicists and mathematicians.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    So is it a question of extrovert vs. introvert or judging vs. perceiving?
    No, unless you really want to make this about MBTI. I know, the dichotomies of rational and irrational, and introvert extrovert mean something different in Socionics, but they're still not informative enough to give you your correct type. Zed relates to the closer to official description of Te, without there being any user-created description. I'd think that some Te type is good for him (if he's sure he relates the most to it.)

And if airborne really relates more to Si than he does Te, then he's an ISTp. Though he could be Te-ISTp if he relates to the EJ temperament. Any case you relate the most to one function, and comfortable and natural at using it, means its your dominant function. This should be made clear to all who care.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    While I agree overall with this and like it, I'd like to make two corrections, please, where I think this is gravely wrong: and :
    - 1. is not limited to physical things
    - 2. is actually the information of direct consequences and interactions, while deals with the strength, magnitude, likeliness when it comes to a certain situation. For example, you can use to tell which castle is the most supplied and likely to resist a siege, but you can't use it to figure out for how long it can resist a siege, where has to be used. As you should figure out IMO, is unable to deal with the direct consequence of a certain amount of supply under a siege, because it's static, but because of this trait - static is relations (I) or comparisons (E) - it is able to tell which is the most likely to succeed, where fails, it's dynamic info.

So your description is for actually, and IMO this is obvious at a glance .
    let me think on this a bit, I'll admit the Dynamics/Statics thing is not my favorite way of approaching the functions.

I'll post a reply in tonight sometime when I feel able to dedicate some thought into this.