Thread: When did you meet your first dual?

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default When did you meet your first dual?

When did you meet your first dual, and what was it like? Have you had the benefit of developing a dual relationship/friendship as a child?

I met my first ILE when I was 11. He was very outgoing, full of energy. Full of ideas, things to do, explore. We were crazy. We invented a new language that didn't make any sense We tried to hypnotize each other, it didn't work out, because we started laughing. We invented futuristic submarines and computer systems. We filmed each other. We told ghost stories. We slept in a tent, and made it our home. It was mostly he who called me and suggested things to do. We had a lot of fun.

Funny thing is: I never thought of him as a real friend, I guess we were just too different.

It wasn't until I was 18 I got my next ILE friend.

What about you?

Creepy-male

I had two Dual friends last year. One was online, the other was in my Chemistry class (how appropriate )

Chemistry ILE was great fun, and a total riot. We'd be having so much fun there was enough to spill over and amuse our LII teacher, lol. But yeah, it is as you say--I never thought of him as a "real" friend.

Online ILE however... well, I love her dearly. She's a very important friend. Duals are actually really therapeutic once you get close to one another

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My first EII friend (not counting Jesus) was in seventh grade. He was a neighbor, a year younger than me, and we were both homeschooled that year. He came over to play with Brilliand and we got along very well.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I met my dual cousin when she and her family picked us up from the LAX airport. I was 8 years old and she was 17; she was so sweet, so warm, and she still is. She just let me be who I was. Never put me down for the way I looked, externally, never advised me to change anything at all about me. Always made sure I participated in activities; if we had a game, she would place me, the little scrawny kid, in a postion or a post where I would do well and not be stressed out about not being able to participate. We've never argued, disagreed, or faught about anything. We've always been able to discuss issues and come to agreement and compromise.

Just last week I was at her place and she noticed I was sick, so advised me to see a doctor and get checked out. I told her that if I got sick and was about to die that I was going to do it at her home, because I felt the most comfort with her. She said "That's fine, just go to the doctor and let me know what he says."

I know what people tell me, that my view of duality is this child like fantasy, but really, I have never felt such warmth and comfort from anyone else before and I've met a lot of people.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Actually, I just remembered - I came in contact with my first dual when I was a toddler. At church, the kids would sing songs before Sunday school. The lady we did the songs with is EII.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A girl I knew in 4th grade was ESTp. She had a crush on me and I didn't know why. I liked her though, but was too shy to interact with her.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm... I met my first real dual friend in high school, maybe sophomore year. I knew we would be good friends when we were working on some boring school project. But I'm sure I knew ESTps before them, and probably disliked them because they were stronger than me (metaphorically and literally). I can't think of any other SLEs that I've been friends with before high school. I've had other beta friends forever though. Actually, now that I think of it, one kid that I was half-friends in the fourth grade with was probably ESTp, but he left my school and so of course I didn't keep up with him at all.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    But I'm sure I knew ESTps before them, and probably disliked them because they were stronger than me (metaphorically and literally).
    I can somehow relate to this. My parents are both Ne polr (LSI & ESI) and that has influenced the atmosphere at home a lot. My dual was almost too different from what I was used to. A little frightening almost with all new ideas. I might be over-rationalizing this now, though.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mother is probably ISFj. So, that's it.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i can barely recall any duals in my life. right now i work with one and i can remember a few friends from the past, but none from childhood.

my 7 year old daughter who is ILE, has a huge crush on the neighbor boy, who is five years older. i think he is either ESE or SEI, leaning more towards ESE. and she developed a crush on infpman's grand kid who is about 2 years older than she, i think he is SEI. but it's cute to watch....she has this instant attraction.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny thing is: I never thought of him as a real friend, I guess we were just too different.
    wow. what is a real friend and how was he different than that?

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    yeah, I was wondering the same thing about the "real friend" comments.

No duals in childhood. No Se-egos in childhood at all until I was about 12 and met an ESI. We became best friends. then I met another ESI when I was 14. He was my first kiss and I carried a torch for him for years until we got together again when we were in college. Then my brother met and married an SLE so she was probably my very first experience with one. I knew I liked her but she was all about my brother so we didn't get close until much later.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first dual I can think of was my room mate in First Year university. We truly brought out all the best qualities in each other. She started dating an ILE a couple years ago and she told me that she never would have even considered him until she met me. She never gave enthusiastically nerdy people like me a second glance, but living with me opened her up to a whole new world of people that she really loved to be around. It was mutual love <3
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vero View Post
    The first dual I can think of was my room mate in First Year university. We truly brought out all the best qualities in each other. She started dating an ILE a couple years ago and she told me that she never would have even considered him until she met me. She never gave enthusiastically nerdy people like me a second glance, but living with me opened her up to a whole new world of people that she really loved to be around. It was mutual love <3
    that's very cool.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    A friend is a friend. I cannot define it, maybe you can? Technically we should have been friends, because we did friends stuff together, but somehow it didn't feel natural to think of him as a friend. We were too different, it seems like I needed some identification to be able to include him as a friend.

Or: maybe the reason we spent time together was because of the duality attraction alone. But outside of that (non-socionics reasons) we lived in different worlds and were too different in order to become friends. I actually like this explanation.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mother may be my dual. I'm not quite sure.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My first dual experience was with my sister's husband. (My sister is 9 years older and EII as well.) They started dating when I was in first grade. He was the only teenager/adult who would play Miss Mary Mack and write notes back and forth with me. Besides doing those kids-play things with me, he would treat me like an adult, which I really appreciated.

I didn't experience "full" duality until I was 18. She was my roommate in college.

Then, I experienced what I think of as "heavy" duality (with the obvious stages) when I was 22. Ever since then, I've been meeting more and more duals. Yay!

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mom's friend's daughter was EIE and she was always fascinated by me. She had me follow her around as her playmate whenever we went over to visit. The degree of amusement she afforded me was substantial.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    My mother is probably ISFj. So, that's it.
    How Freudian.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewZ View Post
    My mother may be my dual. I'm not quite sure.
    I'm in the same boat you are. I used to be fairly confident she was ESE but upon taking a closer look, there are some things that don't quite match up. I had a personal exchange with one of the other forum members and he thought I should consider IEE. She VIs rather like an IEE and there was quite a bit of stuff in the IEE profile that fit her. Not everything though. I think she's more introverted and rational than a typical IEE, hence a good chance she's a normalizing subtype.

However, from a relationship standpoint, it doesn't quite work. I don't really see myself as being her supervisor. I correct her and criticize her on some things but overall, it seems like its more the other way around. Except there's no way my mom is SLE. I suppose there's a small chance I have my own self-typing wrong, but honestly I doubt it.

If there's one thing I'm sure of, its that she's in an / valuing quadra and probably an ethical type. So that leaves ESE, IEE, SEI, and EII. I think the last two are somewhat less likely but not totally ruling them out.

I know my mom better than any other person, yet paradoxically she's one of the more difficult people to get a good read on. Sometimes I have better luck typing some random celebrity from a YouTube video. But maybe its because, once you know someone too well, you know them in all their complexity so you start seeing all the little things that don't quite match up.

I don't want to go into too much personal detail about my mother on a public forum but if anyone wants a typing challenge, send me a PM and we can discuss it further.
    Last edited by The Exception; 07-26-2010 at 02:55 AM.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we were always working towards the same end, and I was able to meet her needs without her requesting them.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat360 View Post
    How Freudian.
    Lol. Well, you don't have to find every dual sexually attractive, and that's one of those cases.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She had a pocket-sized hand mirror that she used to stab me with a-lot.
    Easy Day

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First day of kindergarten (4 I guess)
    I was always horribly timid and this was the first time I was left somewhere amongst a bunch of strangers without anyone else I knew with me. I was crying and an LSE girl came over to introduce herself.
    We were best friends from than even after I moved to a new area in the 4th grade, but lost contact after she moved a lot farther in the 6th grade. We couldn't maintain contact because of the long distance charges (no internet back than either)
    I don't remember ever fighting with her or feeling uncomfortable around her. She was more social than me (not bubbly, but nonetheless) and had a busy life outside of school (played on a few sports teams and did modeling/pageants). She had a lot of acquaintances that would turn up at her birthday or hangout with her at school, but only a few close friends, and everyone knew we were both "BFF's"

Growing-up, along with her, my closest friends were an SEI, LIE and an ESE, but none really compared in terms of sharing that sort of bond and sense of mental comfort
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    She had a pocket-sized hand mirror that she used to stab me with a-lot.
    she liked you
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    she liked you
    lol, Yeah. I mean I was dating her. Not like real dating tho, like little kid sitting next to each other on the bus holding hands dating.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    lol, Yeah. I mean I was dating her. Not like real dating tho, like little kid sitting next to each other on the bus holding hands dating.
    omg, too cute.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    omg, too cute.
    Easy Day

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Duals

LOL

my cousin's kid, who I saw for the first time in like 20 years, is my dual...

We met at our annual family Christmas party two days ago and he and I were sitting one person away from each other. He greeted me formally at first, as usual. In the middle of the party, my other cousin had heartburn and I told him to take and antacid...just like a usual LSE, he jumped in the conversation and said, "that's not going to work"; I said "yes", trying to be very firm and again, just like with all LSE, giving them various reasons why I thought it would. My cousin ran out and got himself Pepto and started drinking it and the effects of the antacid worked right away. He started to feel better and reported his satisfaction. I said something along the lines of, "antacids do work fast." My LSE cousin said "that's not an antacid." I felt at that point that I wasn't worthy enough of his attention and whatever I said he had to go counter to me. After I firmly said that it was an antacid and my other cousins affirmed it, I stood up, faced the LSE square in the face and said, "who's smarter then you? and better read then you?....Me (pointing to my chest)" after which he gained total respect of me, somehow.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 01-03-2011 at 04:16 AM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

with this title,you mislead the unsuspecting reader into believing that this thread is about some maritsian epiphany about duals =<

but hey YOU P0WN3D THAT KID BIG TYME

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

why can't I view the picture?
    -

Creepy-Korpsey

Because your link doesn't contain a necessary colon.