Thread: my kids are reading an enneagram book, lol!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default my kids are reading an enneagram book, lol!

My almost-11-year-old daughter just came in to tell me she thinks her 9-year-old brother is 3 with a 4 wing. hahaha

I'm so amused at how interested they are in the enneagram.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    My almost-11-year-old daughter just came in to tell me she thinks her 9-year-old brother is 3 with a 4 wing. hahaha

heh, what type do you think he is?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    heh, what type do you think he is?
    I think he's probably SEI-Fe but I dunno about E-type. I was thinking 4 or 9.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh God, tell them it's all bullshit before it's too late!
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    Oh God, tell them it's all bullshit before it's too late!
    I did tell them it was just a THEORY and that some people think it's hogwash. But I also pointed out how it could be a decent took for writing about fictional characters. I have one daughter who's interested in writing. haha

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did tell them it was just a THEORY and that some people think it's hogwash. But I also pointed out how it could be a decent took for writing about fictional characters. I have one daughter who's interested in writing. haha
    Stimulate them to read more and type people and themselves. They will be better human beings. It will help them in all aspects of life. I only see Enneagram showing good results. There´s no reason to stop them and in fact there´s reason to encourage them.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh no! Let them live in innocence just a little longer.

cunnilingus epilepsy inducer
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh. While we were watching "My Fair Lady," my SEI brother (13) decided the leading man was a Beta, and my SLE brother (11) agreed that he may be his identical.

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Heh. While we were watching "My Fair Lady," my SEI brother (13) decided the leading man was a Beta, and my SLE brother (11) agreed that he may be his identical.
    that's hilarious. we've been watching a lot of musicals around here lately but haven't pulled that one out yet. Today it was Fiddler on the Roof. ha

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's hilarious. we've been watching a lot of musicals around here lately but haven't pulled that one out yet. Today it was Fiddler on the Roof. ha
    We watched Mulan yesterday. She is so obviously an ILE. I think the Captain might be an SLI...or an LSI or an LSE.

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's the opposite with my mom. She thinks its complete and utter garbage and can't understand why I wasted my time on ennegram forums and wasted my money on ennegram books. I don't even attempt to bring it up with her anymore. Same with socionics. I'd love to be able to discuss it her, especially because I'm no longer sure of her type, but having a productive discussion just isn't possible.

Yes, the enneagram and socionics are pseudosciences and there is absolutely no scientific evidence that either one exists. I see both theories as being no more than some ingenious psychological construct.

But you know what? Both theories have helped in my understanding of myself and others. The enneagram for my underlying motivations and personal development. Socionics more for information metabolism and why I click with some people and not with others. Yes they're pseudosciences. Yes, they are probably some psychological construct. But there is some 'truth' to them and both have helped me out in my life.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    Yes, the enneagram and socionics are pseudosciences and there is absolutely no scientific evidence that either one exists. I see both theories as being no more than some ingenious psychological construct.
    It just takes time for people to advance this theory make correlation with physiology of the brain. If Fe types are prone to emotional expression, or Si types can inner store the sensation they sense around them better than others, there should be some evidence we can gather to construct concrete evidence it exist, it's just like any science theory, some are so true that it is accepted plainly by equation and drawing board, like "atom theory" back in the early 20th century, people "know" that there is something called atom in every matter it exist, but it just takes one guy to actually prove it experimentally. Same with this theory. I mean Model A really did help a lot about this theory, it's not just pop psychology anymore, there is an actually model construct for it, and it's pretty damn accurate and who knows what the Russian knows about socionics today.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I liked Brothers Grimm.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    I liked Brothers Grimm.
    Me, too.

That reminds me - My SEI brother had some lemon heads. Our conversation started there and soon came to me suggesting peeling a lemon, poking holes in the skin, and smashing it into someone's open eye. My SEI brother said that was morbid. I corrected him and said it was sadistic. My SLE brother (11) said he was statistic and mobile.

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Creepy-male

yea that's good lol... if I had kids I wouldn't want them becoming obsessing with this stuff.