Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: INFp idealism

  1. #1
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default INFp idealism

    Sometimes I can't believe how idealistic I am. INFps are definitely the most idealistic type. I really am not even aware of how idealistic I am until after the fact. And I can see how it was very , very annoying to other types. (except for estps and a few others of course)

    It's funny because when I think I'm being pretty realistic I'm actually being idealistic. I can't turn it off!

  2. #2
    crazedrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    moon
    Posts
    4,885
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah I've noticed the same thing. It really pisses off Ne HA types.
    INTp

  3. #3
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am too. So much so that it is frustrating and sad that people don't measure up to it.

  4. #4
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think what type you are influences what you consider idealism. I think Fi types are likely to see themselves as more idealist than Ni types and vice versa.

    I also consider myself an idealist. But I'm also scared of the ideal, so I think that's made me less of an idealist.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  5. #5
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    I think what type you are influences what you consider idealism. I think Fi types are likely to see themselves as more idealist than Ni types and vice versa.

    I also consider myself an idealist. But I'm also scared of the ideal, so I think that's made me less of an idealist.
    I see us as equals in that realm, if that helps at all.

  6. #6
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Sometimes I can't believe how idealistic I am. INFps are definitely the most idealistic type. I really am not even aware of how idealistic I am until after the fact. And I can see how it was very , very annoying to other types. (except for estps and a few others of course)

    It's funny because when I think I'm being pretty realistic I'm actually being idealistic. I can't turn it off!
    I don't know if I can even tell the difference between realism and idealism anymore. What's worth fighting for vs. what sorts of compromises to make, etc.

  7. #7
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I also consider myself more an idealist than a realist. I don't know if this is common with LIIs or not.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  8. #8
    I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Behind you
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Posts
    4,956
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I don't know if I can even tell the difference between realism and idealism anymore. What's worth fighting for vs. what sorts of compromises to make, etc.

  9. #9
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    INTjs and INFjs both can be very idealistic, but not as much as INFps, trust me!

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    TIM
    9w1
    Posts
    2,775
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yes,i that think EIIs and LIIs work more towards fixing/"carving" existing structures whereas IEIs fantasize about starting something perfect from scratch.
    unholy water sanguine addiction

  11. #11
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    not really

    I for one, really like looking at creating programs and opportunities for people; I proactive in my idealism, meaning, if there is a cause I am concerned about, I can work at it with passion.

  12. #12
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I for one, really like looking at creating programs and opportunities for people; I proactive in my idealism, meaning, if there is a cause I am concerned about, I can work at it with passion.
    I'm more idealistic with regards to my own life and less about the world in general or helping other people. My method of making the world a better place is through example because I feel like everyone is too different to have just one cookie-cutter answer. But if someone can see a quality in me that they can translate for themselves to create a better life, then great. I guess I feel like people should create their own opportunities. I'm skeptical about working for a "cause" per se. I'm not sure why. Maybe I just haven't stumbled upon the right cause yet that gets me motivated.

  13. #13
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    My EIE friend found a cause to work for, she was also skeptical prior to working for this organization.

    She works for an organization that provides free music instructions to kids of lower income families.

  14. #14
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    My EIE friend found a cause to work for, she was also skeptical prior to working for this organization.

    She works for an organization that provides free music instructions to kids of lower income families.
    cool. I could probably go for that. although it depends.

  15. #15
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    cool. I could probably go for that. although it depends.
    You would love it. I'm just showing you your road.

    Mostly because you will get the chance to use all of your abilities.

  16. #16
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    You would love it. I'm just showing you your road.

    Mostly because you will get the chance to use all of your abilities.
    you're cute.

  17. #17
    Linas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    533
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    as random as: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0lf_fE3HwA]YouTube - Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape ft. Akon[/ame]

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •