Thread: SEI vs IEI reaction to the injuries of those around them

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SEI vs. IEI reaction to the injuries of those around them

And I'm not talking about immediate situations. I'm talking about stuff that happened recently that the person is still healing from.

Which of those types is most likely to think it's funny and tell their own "funny" stories about times when they'd been injured?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you mean like I see someone with a leg in a cast and then I start telling them about how I lost my penis in an unfortunate smelting accident?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Do you mean like I see someone with a leg in a cast and then I start telling them about how I lost my penis in an unfortunate smelting accident?
    Yes.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will tell you once you renounce the title of SLE.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When an empathetic person gets hurt, it's not funny. It's sad. When a troublemaker gets hurt it's comical, cause they had it coming. But who decides what these are? The geniuses at Hollywood and the pure creators that create everything we love. The most powerful people on the planet.

A rule of art. Since Dolphin and Mune and Vero are so empathetic and human relateable, when something bad happens to them in the story, you care- but if a villain gets injured, somebody who is out just to fuck up the entire world and send it down a depressing black hole then you're like 'Yay' when they get punched in the face.

Tragedy makes the best art. Good people getting fucked over is like candy you can't stop looking at. Because it's true. There is no righteousness. Evil is always waiting to strike, and the way to fight this is to realize that it's everywhere.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking it's exciting and interesting.. SEI. Thinking it's mildly entertaining but not caring that much.. IEI.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    When an empathetic person gets hurt, it's not funny. It's sad. When a troublemaker gets hurt it's comical, cause they had it coming. But who decides what these are? The geniuses at Hollywood and the pure creators that create everything we love. The most powerful people on the planet.

A rule of art. Since Dolphin and Mune and Vero are so empathetic and human relateable, when something bad happens to them in the story, you care- but if a villain gets injured, somebody who is out just to fuck up the entire world and send it down a depressing black hole then you're like 'Yay' when they get punched in the face.

Tragedy makes the best art. Good people getting fucked over is like candy you can't stop looking at. Because it's true. There is no righteousness. Evil is always waiting to strike, and the way to fight this is to realize that it's everywhere.
    i wouldn't care if something bad happened to vero, she's a bitch. she's not human.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    And I'm not talking about immediate situations. I'm talking about stuff that happened recently that the person is still healing from.

Which of those types is most likely to think it's funny and tell their own "funny" stories about times when they'd been injured?
    weren't you /leaving/

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat360 View Post
    Thinking it's exciting and interesting.. SEI. Thinking it's mildly entertaining but not caring that much.. IEI.
    I think I agree with this. I know an SEI who would be really interested in hearing the story behind it and then launch into their own stories. I have a much much shorter attention span for that sort of thing and would tend to not care. (no offense to your injured ankle, lol)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I think I agree with this. I know an SEI who would be really interested in hearing the story behind it and then launch into their own stories. I have a much much shorter attention span for that sort of thing and would tend to not care. (no offense to your injured ankle, lol)
    It's not long stories (who would want to hear a long story about getting hurt?). It's the cliff's notes about what happened, and it's usually focusing on the more entertaining aspects of it.

My sprained ankle, for example. The story goes: So I'm at this bonfire and I decide I feel like running. I do that sometimes. Sometimes you've just got to run, you know? And it's dark out and I'm running full speed and catch my foot in a hole. I didn't just stumble, either. I slid or rolled a few feet. I mean, I even ended up with a scratch on my forehead. It'll be interesting to discover all of the other bruises I don't even know about yet. *laugh* Guess I learned my lesson about running through dark fields!

(Does that answer your question, BulletsAndDoves? I wasn't a villain but I did deserve it. It wasn't like some serious and unfortunate thing that happened to someone who was just going about their business. I totally did it to myself by running around in a dark field like an idiot. I guess you could say I was being reckless.)

This person suggested I wrap it in an ace bandage, but other than pretty much just thought the whole thing was as amusing I as did and told me a story of a way worse injury and we laughed just as much about that.

I said that my overall sentiment about the whole thing was that I felt ashamed of myself, and I asked if that was an appropriate response. He pretty much said suggested just laughing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    weren't you /leaving/
    Was I? I just haven't been around a whole lot lately. Too busy doing shit.

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    I will tell you once you renounce the title of SLE.
    You can tell me as many times as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat360 View Post
    I guess the stories about how it happened are more of the focus than the injury itself. Like... we're telling each other about our adventures. We tell each other stories about other things that have nothing to do with injuries, too.
    SEE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not long stories (who would want to hear a long story about getting hurt?). It's the cliff's notes about what happened, and it's usually focusing on the more entertaining aspects of it.

My sprained ankle, for example. The story goes: So I'm at this bonfire and I decide I feel like running. I do that sometimes. Sometimes you've just got to run, you know? And it's dark out and I'm running full speed and catch my foot in a hole. I didn't just stumble, either. I slid or rolled a few feet. I mean, I even ended up with a scratch on my forehead. It'll be interesting to discover all of the other bruises I don't even know about yet. *laugh* Guess I learned my lesson about running through dark fields!
    that is a long story. lol
    This person suggested I wrap it in an ace bandage, but other than pretty much just thought the whole thing was as amusing I as did and told me a story of a way worse injury and we laughed just as much about that.
    sounds like a conversation I'd have with my SEI friend.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He showed no interest in the injury itself though?
    SEE

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEIs aren't very empathetic to non-threatening injuries. They'd probably just tell that person to grow a backbone or something if he was being a wimp about it. I haven't met many sensors who are, really.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    SEIs aren't very empathetic to non-threatening injuries. They'd probably just tell that person to grow a backbone or something if he was being a wimp about it. I haven't met many sensors who are, really.
    "Grow a backbone!" is a bit harsh. I think I'd more laugh about it being no big deal.

I get coddly when it's emotional or relational damage, though

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He showed no interest in the injury itself though?
    right. sounds SEI. I agree with Brian and jxrtes.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If i love someone, i will be like "you bumped your widdle head, I will give you a hug and that will make you feel beta"
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamajama View Post
    make you feel beta"
    LOL
    SEE

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamajama View Post
    If i love someone, i will be like "you bumped your widdle head, I will give you a hug and that will make you feel beta"
    :redface: