Thread: Te or Ti?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Te or Ti?

Is the following post by DJ, Te or Ti? Please offer explanations why or why not? Please dissect away.

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    UGH. God dammit, Rick.

There will not be a permanent decline in economic activity. There is plenty of scientific research being done on alternatives to fossil fuels, and the economic incentive for profit will pretty much guarantee that one of them becomes popular and causes the economics cogs to start turning again.

Any time you take out a loan, you are taking on a risk. Before taking out a student loan, you should do research to determine how lucrative your chosen degree is and what the jobs market is like for people with that degree. A philosophy major, for example, has little business taking on such debt unless he values possessing the degree more than the freedom of not having to pay back the loan while working a crappy job. It all amounts to opportunity cost.

Of course it will. The problem right now is that the various Western governments are making the recovery take longer by fucking with the economic fundamentals of their respective economies. This is common sense. However, free market capitalism, though it can be slowed, has proven time and time again that it is robust enough to prosper in spite of substantial detrimental mitigating factors, like tariffs and government oversight.

How many of these people will contribute to the inevitable economic recovery that will take place in the next five to ten years? You need to look at the big picture and determine if there is a net benefit to society in having these people educated despite the costs incurred.

Monetary return on investment? If there truly weren't any monetary return, then of course it would generally be foolish to take on such debt. However, most college degrees do result in costs being recovered and then some.

Most of them do, but it's actually pretty easy to pay back $30,000 when you're making $40-50,000 a year out of college. It may take some years, but it's very doable.

You're missing the point. The reason people go to college is to earn a degree, not because they are somehow stuck on the false notion that classroom learning is the only way to become educated.

College is about money for most people, but I agree that many subjects can be learned quite easily on one's own if you're willing to put forth the effort. I know that you speak like ten languages, I can fluently read Spanish from 100% self-study, and am also in calculus despite never taking a math class that went above basic algebra. However, you and I are also quite a bit smarter than the average person, so I am hesitant to hold other people up to these standards.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I deliberately try to use Te when discussing economics, so this may not be a good example.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I deliberately try to use Te when discussing economics, so this may not be a good example.
    You can't use that function that way. Not where it's located anyway. Just like I can't use Fe in the same manner that Fe leading types or ego types, like Sarinana can, and I believe that you have observed that very clearly. So, your argument here is not good, if you're receptive to even learning anything from me, in terms of how socionics functions manifest.

But, I have a feeling you're not because you want to be deliberately stubborn towards me especially.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't read it. too long. too boring. too... economic.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I can read it just fine my Fe ego block confident...lol. *hug*

Not a single word there that is "structure", "organize", "priotitize", "oderly" "system"
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-18-2010 at 10:28 AM.
    -

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I can read it just fine my Fe ego block confident...lol. *hug*
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Please don't vote then.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please don't vote then.
    I didn't.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't.
    I mean in elections.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean in elections.
    I voted for Ralph Nader in the last one...

but yeah, I hate politics and I'm suitably ignorant although less so than most.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

equals information
    He uses this function like you do to collect information on the same topics that interest both of you. Look back at your arguments with him and read the details of all of these facts and data that you two collected and used it to argue with one another. Se doesn't work this way. How useful and practical is war or subjects on war to Se types. They usualy concern themselvs with real immediate/practical/pragmatic issues rather then reading, watching for inane information that Se would see as a waste of time and brainpower.

What's more is that Se types do not normally like to engage a converstation on these storehouses of information (Te), where Te types would.

TiSe is concerned with how information comes together to make a system in the immediate use of their efforts, but here, he doesn't discuss what the system is, hence no Ti.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-18-2010 at 10:21 AM.
    -

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    I didn't read the exchange between Rick/DJ in that thread. I saw 'peak oil' written therein and immediately closed the window to spare myself the nonsense.
    Lol
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ananke View Post
    In my opinon his post shows little real understanding.
    lol

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Would you like me to get you other examples Ananke of his Te?
    -

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fucking said that I focus on Te when discussing economics. Both of you die in fires.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I fucking said that I focus on Te when discussing economics. Both of you die in fires.
    And you watch your language. You're being mean offensive and are not considering other people's emotions. Type that reaction!
    -

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you watch your language. You're being mean offensive and are not considering other people's emotions.
    DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

DIE IN FIRES

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I didn't die because you decided to act like a jerk. Neither of those things have Ti or Se.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't die because you decided to act like a jerk. Neither of those things have Ti or Se.
    I don't believe you. I think you did die.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Still here...
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ananke View Post
    You talk about how well objects perform, the maximum return, not how well the system works. You could easily have talked about the overall structure and see how everything is interconnected, that would be Ti, but you didn't touch upon that side of the economic system at all.
    This

You argue from that point of view everywhere and everytime. I don't have time to prove anything any more.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still here...
    Liar.

This
    I FUCKING SAID I FOCUS ON TE WHEN DISCUSSING ECONOMICS. WHY DON'T YOU TRY LISTENING TO SIMPLE FUCKING INFORMATION.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Liar.

I FUCKING SAID I FOCUS ON TE WHEN DISCUSSING ECONOMICS. WHY DON'T YOU TRY LISTENING TO SIMPLE FUCKING INFORMATION.
    see below and tone your voice down when speaking with me or do you feel that I need to instruct you like you're a kid?
    -

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

see below and tone your voice down when speaking with me or do you feel that I need to instruct you like you're a kid?
    Go rape a birdbath, ho.

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel View Post
    DJ's staunch adherence to free market capitalism seems a fairly Ti outlook to me - ignores anything that doesn't fit the model or explains it away by, say "The problem right now is that the various Western governments are making the recovery take longer by fucking with the economic fundamentals of their respective economies. This is common sense."
    I don't ignore other perspectives. I actually spend a lot of time learning and understanding them.

I fail to see how this is "common sense" - seems to me it's probably common sense to Ti. Also, no explanation as to how governments are "fucking with the economic fundamentals" (in his own words).
    There's not an explanation because I already explained it to Rick in detail. Repeating simple information to someone over and over is frustrating. He knows what I was referring to.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Go rape a birdbath, ho.
    Only an immature jerk like you can say such a thing to me and you are one, surprise. But, you'll get it someday; may not be today, but it will come; it always does.

LSI have Fi role idiot, and they can pick up on the emotions as well as strive to be highly moral and ethical with their relations with others, where immature and child like LSE like you scratch their balls when they can't grow up and learn to recognize that what they are doing is actually being in a nurotic situation because the more they reject Fi the more out of control they become...
    -

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only an immature jerk like you can say such a thing to me and you are one, surprise. But, you'll get it someday; may not be today, but it will come; it always does.

LSI have Fi role idiot, and they can pick up on the emotions as well as strive to be highly moral and ethical with their relations with others, where immature and child like LSE like you scratch their balls when they can't grow up and learn to recognize that what they are doing is actually being in a nurotic situation because the more they reject Fi the more out of control they become...
    Suck my dick.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Suck my dick.
    You're not my husband. So that's SOL for you. If you had an Fi role, you would appreciate the conservative nature of my comment as well as appreciating the fact that things of this nature are discussed in a relationship and not like the way you do it.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're not my husband. So that's SOL for you. If you had an Fi role, you would appreciate the conservative nature of my comment as well as appreciating the fact that things of this nature are discussed in a relationship and not like the way you do it.
    What does this look like to you?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What does this look like to you?

a pill you need to take to learn to tell the difference between Fe and Fi.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a pill you need to take to learn to tell the difference between Fe and Fi.
    Haha, nice.

BTW, sex before marriage is awesome. You should try it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Haha, nice.

BTW, sex before marriage is awesome. You should try it.
    Fi-What you're doing is wrong because it affects the feelings of others and since you're a bit dense and don't or can't effectively judge how you come off to others, perhaps it would behoove you to listen and maybe ask.

That's why you say things that hurt other's emotions those gruff comments and outrageous sense of humor and such...

You're being an arrogant, egotistical, shmuck. Tone it down; you're pissing me off.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi-What you're doing is wrong because it affects the feelings of others and since you're a bit dense and don't or can't effectively judge how you come off to others, perhaps it would behoove you to listen and maybe ask.
    Why should I consider other people's feelings ahead of my own? Are they more important than me?

That's why you say things that hurt other's emotions those gruff comments and outrageous sense of humor and such...
    WHAT IS EMOTIONS

You're being an arrogant, egotistical, shmuck. Tone it down; you're pissing me off.
    You're being a condescending, belittling, ignorant vagina. Tone it down; you're pissing me off.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Why should I consider other people's feelings ahead of my own? Are they more important than me?

WHAT IS EMOTIONS

You're being a condescending, belittling, ignorant vagina. Tone it down; you're pissing me off.
    You're concerned about compassion aren't you?
    -

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're concerned about compassion aren't you?
    If by compassion you mean anal penetration of women, then yes, I am very concerned.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

If by compassion you mean anal penetration of women, then yes, I am very concerned.
    That humor is offensive to me. It's offensive to Fi Roles and Fi Activators as well; I've never heard and SLE tell me that out of concern for being and having "class". So you must be an alien type.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That humor is offensive to me. It's offensive to Fi Roles and Fi Activators as well; I've never heard and SLE tell me that out of concern for being and having "class". So you must be an alien type.
    You speak in absolutes about people, yet you poorly understand the information from which you derive your conclusions. It is quite frustrating to listen to you.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You speak in absolutes about people, yet you poorly understand the information from which you derive your conclusions. It is quite frustrating to listen to you.
    Te-DS for me and Te ego for you.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te-DS for me and Te ego for you.
    Cute how you don't understand the basic, simple difference between Te and Ti.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ditto. I read the first sentence and I was just like, nope, can't do it.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IxFps should be barred from voting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast