Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Hidden agendas

  1. #1
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Hidden agendas

    How do these show up in people's behavior?

    ENTp, ESTp => to be loved
    INTj, INFj => to be healthy
    ESFj, ESTj => to be perfect
    ISFp, INFp => to understand
    ENFj, ENTj => to be wealthy
    ISTj, ISFj => to believe
    ESFp, ENFp => to know
    INTp, ISTp => to love
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  2. #2
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think it is something like this:

    ESFj, ESTj => to be perfect

    This is more like "appearing to be perfect" in the eyes of others, rather than actually being perfect; it's the "keeping up with the Joneses" kind of thing.

    ISTj, ISFj => to believe

    It's to be free of doubt on non-factual issues, such as ideas, principles, etc. Once you make up your mind about such things, you don't want to consider anymore the possibility that you might be wrong and tend to brush aside evidence to the contrary.

    ESFp, ENFp => to know

    A need to appear to be, or to feel, knowledgeable. That's what makes ENFp and ESFp technical salesmen stuff their presentations with lots of technical data which are actually irrelevant.

    ENFj, ENTj => to be wealthy

    In the case of ENTjs, it's really about a need to accumulate actual wealth; in ENFjs, I think it's more about position and status.

    INTj, INFj => to be healthy

    I think it's about avoiding situations that could put your body at risk.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  3. #3
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's not about just being rich. It's more about being very important and rich. Just willing the lottery and becoming suddenly extremely wealthy is not as tempting as making the right choices at a stock market and making a fortune, plus getting people to really admire me for my talents. :wink: Yes, I am vain!
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  4. #4
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can definitely see those. I can picture people I know as I read them Especially the "to believe" one which sounds pretty vague without the additional description. The healthy one sounds just like my sister but that one was pretty easy to understand without additonal info.

    But you didn't describe the last one - the INTp/ISTp "to love". My husband doesn't behave in an emotionally expressive way at all. I just don't see that hidden agenda in his behavior. I asked him about it and he gave me a funny look which I couldn't interpret.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  5. #5
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    But you didn't describe the last one - the INTp/ISTp "to love". My husband doesn't behave in an emotionally expressive way at all. I just don't see that hidden agenda in his behavior. I asked him about it and he gave me a funny look which I couldn't interpret.
    I'm not sure I understand this well either, but Rocky or the INTps will be able to answer --

    I know it's manifested into a need to feel love for someone, which is why those types are very likely to have pets -- they are "safe" receivers of love which won't hit their PoLR. But presumably your husband fulfills this hidden agenda in his dual marriage to you
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  6. #6
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LOL. Actually he has a cat too. A psychotic evil cat.

    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    i forgot
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hidden agendas

    ENTp, ESTp => to be loved
    Urgent and chronic need to be valued for who they are. The need to feel an absolute freedom to "let go" of their image (they seem pretty relaxed, but there is a strong image being put across as they are hiding a whole heck of a lot) without consequence.

    INTj, INFj => to be healthy
    This one seems literal to me. Its literally the INxJ always being subconsciously (you see it, but they don't) worried about the state of their body and surroundings. Tell them they look like they haven't eaten in a while, or that they should eat something, because they look like shit, and you'll almost always hit a nerve.

    ESFj, ESTj => to be perfect
    Don't know. They are always projecting an image that makes them look traditionally perfect, but that's a bit more common than most other things.

    ISFp, INFp => to understand
    These are the folks that really really want to sound and feel smart. They are conscious of it. No matter how confident they are, if you call them stupid, then they'll really be hurt. Call them smart (no matter how cheap it sounds) and you'll make their day. They are interested in saying things properly, making wise decisions, being sure that they know what they are about, etc.

    ENFj, ENTj => to be wealthy
    A whole freedom. Complete independence from the hassle of tending to the body, and things of a physical nature. How it manifests?

    ISTj, ISFj => to believe
    This one manifests in their need to feel that they are a part of something great, or something "meaningful." They need a reason to think that they are important, and that they have made the right decision, and are backing the right cause, or the right person, or the right idea, or the right prediction. Weak Ne?

    ESFp, ENFp => to know
    Ugh. This hidden agenda is appealing, and yet annoying (to me) at the same time. In the worst case it manifests as nosiness. They just have to know. You can play games with these people's curiosity. The more they lose touch, the less they realize they are being "handled" in this regard. Usually though, it shows up in a similar way to the INFp's. They want to feel as though they have full competency. They want to be the ones with the right "angle" on a given situation. They want to be impressive in the area of "depth of understanding." They want to you react strongly when they open their mouth and drop a bit of relevant information at the right time. You know, kinda like what people (*cough* ExFP's, *cough*) do when INTP's time their shit properly.

    INTp, ISTp => to love
    With all this talk, I don't really know. I've heard about the ISTp's thing with animals. Eh..

    I spent alot of time wondering what this hidden agenda stuff is, but then realized its easy to understand how it manifests. Look at your dual. What are they valued for? What *thing* do they do that is impressive to others? You silently wish you could do this "thing" as well.
    thing.

  8. #8
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think this is why I like being a home inspector. Er, one of the reasons. I get to impress people with all of my technical knowledge.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    i forgot
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I think this is why I like being a home inspector. Er, one of the reasons. I get to impress people with all of my technical knowledge.
    I think you are misinterpreting what your hidden agenda is making you do. Maybe, possibly, I don't know.

    People try very hard to hide their hidden agenda. VERY HARD. Thats why it leaks out of their backside in a very awkward way. And that's why people see it all the time, but the person hiding it is clueless. And then you have the people who come face to face with what they are trying to hide. They either try to hide it more, or they start shoving it in your face.. like, "yea, this is my hidden agenda, so what?"

    None of what I said in that last paragraph is coming across in what you said just now, in the way you think.

    How do you feel about this response. Do you like that I'm singling you out? Are you gonna drag this on? Is it to feel smart? Maybe you have insecurities about your intelligence. Perhaps people have called you stupid, and you are just unable to hide from the possibility that you are. Maybe you feel worthless, like you've totally fucked up. Maybe your conscience is bothering you for some reason? ENTps, ENFps, ISFjs, and ISTjs act in this way.
    thing.

  10. #10
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good thing I'm not any of those types.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    237
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    It's not about just being rich. It's more about being very important and rich. Just willing the lottery and becoming suddenly extremely wealthy is not as tempting as making the right choices at a stock market and making a fortune, plus getting people to really admire me for my talents. :wink: Yes, I am vain!
    I would rather win the lottery and no one know about it. Sorry but I think wanting other people to "admire" you is weak.
    ENTj - intuitive subtype - 8w9, sp/sx

  12. #12
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    *cough* ISFj *cough*
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  13. #13
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think it's just , generally. So, power, beauty, money.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  14. #14
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    *cough* ISFj *cough*
    you still haven't proven it yet. Neither has there been any serious reason for me to really consider that.
    PS! Are you saying that all ISFjs are weak people who want to be admired? :wink:

    Quote Originally Posted by Eidos
    I would rather win the lottery and no one know about it. Sorry but I think wanting other people to "admire" you is weak.
    Don't care. But I want power. I don't need everyone to know when I'm rich, I just don't want anyone to think it was just luck.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  15. #15
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Eh, I was just teasing. I have no idea what type you are. You have never seemed like like a logical type to me, though. From the first post of yours that I read, I thought you seemed feelery.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  16. #16
    Creepy-

    Default Re: Hidden agendas

    Quote Originally Posted by MySaviour
    ISFp, INFp => to understand
    These are the folks that really really want to sound and feel smart. They are conscious of it. No matter how confident they are, if you call them stupid, then they'll really be hurt. Call them smart (no matter how cheap it sounds) and you'll make their day. They are interested in saying things properly, making wise decisions, being sure that they know what they are about, etc.
    God, I hate it when people say I'm smart. I usually get into an argument about it unless it's important to me that I don't argue with the particular person. That or it's a comment related to an achievement I'm particularly proud of. If someone said I was smart because of my poetry or something, I'd feel sick inside.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    i forgot
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Hidden agendas

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleesha
    Quote Originally Posted by MySaviour
    ISFp, INFp => to understand
    These are the folks that really really want to sound and feel smart. They are conscious of it. No matter how confident they are, if you call them stupid, then they'll really be hurt. Call them smart (no matter how cheap it sounds) and you'll make their day. They are interested in saying things properly, making wise decisions, being sure that they know what they are about, etc.
    God, I hate it when people say I'm smart. I usually get into an argument about it unless it's important to me that I don't argue with the particular person. That or it's a comment related to an achievement I'm particularly proud of. If someone said I was smart because of my poetry or something, I'd feel sick inside.
    Umm.. you're really smart.
    thing.

  18. #18
    Creepy-

    Default Re: Hidden agendas

    Quote Originally Posted by MySaviour
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleesha
    Quote Originally Posted by MySaviour
    ISFp, INFp => to understand
    These are the folks that really really want to sound and feel smart. They are conscious of it. No matter how confident they are, if you call them stupid, then they'll really be hurt. Call them smart (no matter how cheap it sounds) and you'll make their day. They are interested in saying things properly, making wise decisions, being sure that they know what they are about, etc.
    God, I hate it when people say I'm smart. I usually get into an argument about it unless it's important to me that I don't argue with the particular person. That or it's a comment related to an achievement I'm particularly proud of. If someone said I was smart because of my poetry or something, I'd feel sick inside.
    Umm.. you're really smart.


    I'm not going to argue with you because I really should be studying. I thought you wanted to share my bed? :wink:

    edit: I still love you, Joel

    edit: I don't always loathe it. It is nice sometimes, particuarly when I'm at certain stages of depression.

    edit: "Insightful" is a much better word

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

  20. #20
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think the only thing that really bothers me is the *supposed to's* that people try to impose on me.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •