Thread: These enneagram slideshows

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default These enneagram slideshows

What do you think of them? I actually liked the attempt at presentation but are they really accurate or just faux-deep?

E1:
    (no audio on this one)
    E2:
    E3:
    E4:
    E5:
    E6:
    E7:
    E8:
    E9:
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As someone who's always had problems figuring out the enneagram thing, this set of videos really helped get a glimpse into various people that I know. Watching them was like "oh, that's like soandso", "ooh, there's whatshername", and "hmmm, is that really him?"

I especially saw myself in the 6. I empathized big time with quite a number of the 6's images. When I read enneagram descriptions, usually either the motive will fit but the actions don't, or the actions fit but the motives don't. In this video, everything seemed to fit pretty well together for me.

While watching some of the other ones (I did watch the whole set), the mindset for it was just alien to me. But, I was able to see how it might fit for some people I knew, as well as some of the problems we have in our interactions.

It's also a set that, if I was into the enneagram, that I would show my friends and acquaintances to help make it more interesting for them to find one that seems to fit them. Even Richard and my daughter would enjoy this presentation more than reading descriptions of the types or taking a test.

As to its accuracy of the theory, I obviously can't comment.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Creepy-male

Who stole my inner world and put it in a slideshow?

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Along with Ann, I have to agree that the 6 slideshow was pretty accurate. I, too, watched all of the videos, and felt the most introspective and energized watching the 6 video. I'm ready to start a riot in the name of something meaningful.

On the other hand, I could relate to bits and pieces of many of the other videos. I guess that's part of why people call E6 the wild card.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9 was CLEARLY the best.
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

Creepy-male

Yeah. I will say though, they could've done with more nature. The slides were really, really good, and definitely struck chords with me, or illustrated the points the video was making very well.

And also the cold, dead Obamastare. He does not have the eyes of a Nine. I don't think I've ever seen anything so soulless. *shudder*

Haven't watched the others though.

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

They were tacky and mostly painful to watch...but the one that fit me best was that particular version of the 9 (in contrast to say the 5 and the 2). I would probably therefore be 9w1.

I suppose it would be interesting to watch examples (i.e. people) of each type on youtube although I found that I couldn't quite do it before because the videos generally seem American and that makes it difficult for me to watch (some culturally gap of some kind).
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    They were tacky and mostly painful to watch...but the one that fit me best was that particular version of the 9 (in contrast to say the 5 and the 2). I would probably therefore be 9w1.

I suppose it would be interesting to watch examples (i.e. people) of each type on youtube although I found that I couldn't quite do it before because the videos generally seem American and that makes it difficult for me to watch (some culturally gap of some kind).
    It would make it easier on yourself if you allowed the American culture to wash over you.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump. The guy uploaded E4.

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

i love these. the imagery just feels right and says things to me that i can't pick up as well in text. i don't think i understand the enneagram well enough to comment on their accuracy, though.

and watching that 4 video makes me think it absolutely has to be my heart fix, a;ljfaf.