TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Strong Functions of Jimbean

What are my strong functions.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pfft, that's easy. *yawn*
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    and , Ne being the strongest, IMO.
    no.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    What do you agree with the least, Ne or Fi?
    not sure. I don't see either. Can you give examples?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean View Post
    What are my strong functions.
    Why are you asking?

This quote from 08/09/09 would suggest...unservalued Se...

"I am interested in reality, not evidence."

I would say that you are a Conceptual type...which means a J type. I don't see a lot of Ne or Fe....
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I never liked that quote in your signature, Jimbean. I think that, my assessment of you is that you lived a sheltered, spoiled life and you weren't hurt enough in life. To be honest, this angers me, I'm irrational that way. And you probably just go through your life all neutral and intellectual and blah de dah while the rest of the world suffers and cries, and you can't really relate to them in an honest way, and this bugs you so you have to go on online message boards to make sure that people are reading you accurately and that there's not too much wrong with you. I just think you are grateful, and lucky, and you should probably thank people a little more, and preach a little less- but what do I know.

I'm not asking you to be like me though. Not everybody can be the empathetic shaman that people bitch to when life goes wrong, you know , you just obviously weren't made for that. But on my end, it's just a lack of a communication. And it's not that you're cruel or mean or you kick poor innocent shy fags in the face just because you can, it's just sort of this neutral intellect you have and stale-ness and you know everything will be okay.... and of course it will be, as long as you divorce yourself from the mucky subjectives of other people's bullshit. Just seems a boring, safe way to live though. No guilt trips or anything, it's just interesting.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I thank you for the input, most people would not pay this much attention to me on a message board... but:

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I think that, my assessment of you is that you lived a sheltered, spoiled life and you weren't hurt enough in life. To be honest, this angers me, I'm irrational that way.
    What are you talking about sheltered? And how much is being hurt enough?

And you probably just go through your life all neutral and intellectual and blah de dah while the rest of the world suffers and cries, and you can't really relate to them in an honest way, and this bugs you so you have to go on online message boards to make sure that people are reading you accurately and that there's not too much wrong with you.
    What do you mean going through life intellectual? Do you think I am a nerd? What do you think is wrong with me?

...it's just sort of this neutral intellect you have and stale-ness and you know everything will be okay.... and of course it will be, as long as you divorce yourself from the mucky subjectives of other people's bullshit. Just seems a boring, safe way to live though. No guilt trips or anything, it's just interesting.
    I don't get into people's bullshit because it is counter productive. That is not to say that I am perfect. I thought it was interesting that you described me as boring. Why?
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well, I thank you for the input, most people would not pay this much attention to me on a message board... but:

What are you talking about sheltered? And how much is being hurt enough?

What do you mean going through life intellectual? Do you think I am a nerd? What do you think is wrong with me?

I don't get into people's bullshit because it is counter productive. That is not to say that I am perfect. I thought it was interesting that you described me as boring. Why?
    Te
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    No, that's just called being a normal person.
    agreed.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@BulletsAndDoves

I have thought about it some more and now I want to come back for the record. I am sheltered more than most in the sense that I have not taken losses like many people have as a result of my own decisions. I am very good with money and have not felt any financial difficulty since I have been an adult and living on my own means. I am certainly not sheltered as a result of the people around me. I have been lucky to be around good people sometimes, but I have had my fair share of fist fights when I was younger and other problems, (the typical American adolescent), and although most of my school work and wage earning work is easy, I look for ways to challenge myself. I do some things that are out of the ordinary (such as door to door campaigning, volunteering, and volunteer marketing for my workplace) compared to people around me, which I see walk around like zombies.

What do people do that is out of the ordinary?
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

Creepy-

Jimbean is clearly LSI, imo.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is nothing wrong with Jimbean. he just needs a beta NF woman to spice things up a bit.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    he just needs a beta NF woman to spice things up a bit.
    No. Beta NF women should want me because I spice things up a bit
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. Beta NF women should want me because I spice things up a bit
    I guess I'll have to take your word for that.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Nothing to be ashamed of. This type has been given a somewhat bad reputation so Jimbean certainly redeems negative connotations related to LSI.
    I definitely agree! I met Jimbean last year when he came to Atlanta, and he's a very cool guy. He's gonna make some EIE lady very happy one of these days [if he isn't already!] :wink::wink::wink:

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, I can tell jimbean is quality.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the impression that Jimbean uses his strong functions weakly.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    I get the impression that Jimbean uses his strong functions weakly.
    Your impression is wrong.
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your impression is wrong.
    O RLY? Then why do so many outright disagree with you?

I think you use your strong function weakly because you use your weak functions strongly!

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Tcaud, what the fuck? Go get institutionalized already.
    to the ignore list, then.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request