Thread: My gk2gk profile

Creepy-male

Default My gk2gk profile

Me

When I asked my friend to describe me, he said that in many ways, I'm like my resto druid, Treeage. I'm told I have a Rejuvenating influence on my friends, peers, and family, that I exude an aura of Tranquility, that I can fire off a pun with Nature's Swiftness, that I am always there to apply my Healing Touch to the hurt or downtrodden (usually victims of my atrocious sense of humor!), that there's a Wild Growth on my head that I call my hairdo, and that I can Nourish and Revive all but the most downcast spirits, just by being me

Already, this should tell you two things! The first is that I play World of Warcraft. The second is that I love puns, and also that I have just a *smidge* of a silly side. (Well, it's my only side. I guess that makes me a silly circle! )

Beyond WoW (and maths), I'm very fond of music (*all* music, I can't get enough of the stuff!), nature, and animals. I guess I'm a bit of an introvert, too.

My match

Much like my wardrobe, my life is a touch colourless. I would love someone who is fun, playful, and willing to inject some craziness, silliness, or random adventures into my life. Having a generally eccentric, quirky, odd, offbeat, off the wall, or strange nature would also help

I'd also love to be able to walk away from a conversation and later smile to myself as it dawns on me how we went from discussing different types of clouds to ways of constructing a cyborg without missing a single beat (and bonus points if that *actually* happens )

--

Alpha NTs, does this sound good/appealing to you? Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Hi t16t. You're going to help me find a Dual.

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you don't mind me asking, what picture(s) are you using along with that?

Creepy-male

I only have one

I could fish one of me in a fantastic suit off Facebook too, but my hair was about four months shorter back then, and I look gross

or alternatively

EDIT

But I hear it's a bad idea to use a photo with a member of the opposite sex in it
    Last edited by male; 07-12-2010 at 06:56 AM.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You remind me of me.

Alphagay

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HOLY CRAP. I want that jacket. Or maybe one with bananas on it. Fantastic.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Creepy-male

Well that's tough, because it's my jacket.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Well that's tough, because it's my jacket.
    English has past tense for a reason.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dude..you're such a nut!! :-) love it

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's a pretty sweet jacket dude
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Cool, I'd say the more the merrier when it comes to pictures.

I remember about 7 years ago in a old dating site I use to be in where guys were flexing their muscles, showing their cars, flashing money and all of that norm usual shit to the girls, I put this:

That was hilarious when I put that up, obviously a lot of people took that seriously, but those who didn't and actually got it ended up being people who I still talk to this day.

About the profile, as many opinions as there are out there, I don't think there is a set right way or wrong way. I think the main thing that matters is if it appeals to you, and most of all have a good time with it because if you like it, others will see that.

But I hear it's a bad idea to use a photo with a member of the opposite sex in it
    Well, I think it depends how you look at it because it can be both good and bad.
    Last edited by Timeless; 07-17-2010 at 06:21 PM.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Timeless is right. The best strategy on a dating site, and with dating in general really, is to just openly and completely be yourself. The people who don't like that are exactly the people you don't want to date, and the people who do like that are the people worth pursuing a relationship with. Trying to be what you think people will want you to be only attracts people who like the fake you, and consequently merely delays rejection until they eventually find out what you're really like.
    Quaero Veritas.

Creepy-male

The thing I'm more worried about is making myself presentable.

See, my original "Me" description was: "Hey, still under construction." See my problem?

EDIT

Well, that could be a bit ambiguous. Put it more directly: I have no idea where to begin showing who I am, especially not over the internet.
    Last edited by male; 07-14-2010 at 05:49 AM.

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Timeless is right. The best strategy on a dating site, and with dating in general really, is to just openly and completely be yourself. The people who don't like that are exactly the people you don't want to date, and the people who do like that are the people worth pursuing a relationship with. Trying to be what you think people will want you to be only attracts people who like the fake you, and consequently merely delays rejection until they eventually find out what you're really like.
    That is gold.

And to add to that, as crazy as this sounds, rejection is a win-win situation:

That means that person wasn't going to like you for you anyway, and it helps you get closer to the people who are right for you.

The thing I'm more worried about is making myself presentable.
    Well, how exactly you do you define presentable? In what way or manner do you mean?

See, my original "Me" description was: "Hey, still under construction." See my problem?
    I don't see a problem? Is being under construction a bad thing? If it supposed to be, I don't think so because we're all under construction if you really think about.

EDIT

Well, that could be a bit ambiguous. Put it more directly: I have no idea where to begin showing who I am, especially not over the internet.
    It's so simple that the answer is right there. What about adding that? And going off why you think that is so.

I think it'd be great to mention the whole thing about being presentable and whatever else may be in your mind on the profile. You know why? Because the girls are most likely thinking the same thing, worrying if something is right, or wrong, if they're presentable or not etc. Most of all, putting that out there simply shows them what's really going in your mind and allows them to see you for who you really are.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    Well, how exactly you do you define presentable? In what way or manner do you mean?
    I wanted to write a profile that would draw in Alpha NTs who don't know they're Alpha NTs.

I don't see a problem? Is being under construction a bad thing? If it supposed to be, I don't think so because we're all under construction if you really think about.
    Well, I was worried it'd give a bad impression if I didn't have a profile written, lol.

It's so simple that the answer is right there. What about adding that? And going off why you think that is so.

I think it'd be great to mention the whole thing about being presentable and whatever else may be in your mind on the profile. You know why? Because the girls are most likely thinking the same thing, worrying if something is right, or wrong, if they're presentable or not etc. Most of all, putting that out there simply shows them what's really going in your mind and allows them to see you for who you really are.
    Ok, so add...

"Actually, to be perfectly honest, I don't really know where to begin with describing myself. It's not that I don't know who I am, it's more like I don't know *what* I am Other than everyone else being people who aren't me, I'm not really sure what makes us all different... but I think I'm getting a little too philosophical for a dating site profile ^^

Or, hey, if this sort of thing appeals to you, call it a teaser! So, add one more thing: I think a lot, and you'll never be short of intelligent conversation and totally useless facts, factlets, factoids, and any other variations on that you could think of in my company "

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted to write a profile that would draw in Alpha NTs who don't know they're Alpha NTs.

Well, I was worried it'd give a bad impression if I didn't have a profile written, lol.
    I see.

Ok, so add...

"Actually, to be perfectly honest, I don't really know where to begin with describing myself. It's not that I don't know who I am, it's more like I don't know *what* I am Other than everyone else being people who aren't me, I'm not really sure what makes us all different... but I think I'm getting a little too philosophical for a dating site profile ^^

Or, hey, if this sort of thing appeals to you, call it a teaser! So, add one more thing: I think a lot, and you'll never be short of intelligent conversation and totally useless facts, factlets, factoids, and any other variations on that you could think of in my company "
    So, what do you think about what you wrote there? Do you like it?

Creepy-male

I see.

So, what do you think about what you wrote there? Do you like it?
    I knew you'd say that

Long story short, if my thought processes involve the word "worried", drop 'em. Stop stressing, whip something up, and stop obsessing about image. That's when I'm at my most charming.

Right?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WRONG

Just designate taht you're the dude.

Showing that you are cool with HOT members of the opposite sex is good, it makes people think you aren't a loser.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all the photos you posted of yourself are pretty good, probably appealing to geeky people especially. A nice photo of you dressed up would look good, too.

It's ok to drop names, like myself, if you want to. Just be careful as using my names may give you too much attention, and the kind that only want you for your body. And I know you don't really want that.

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew you'd say that

Long story short, if my thought processes involve the word "worried", drop 'em. Stop stressing, whip something up, and stop obsessing about image. That's when I'm at my most charming.

Right?
    The answer came from within!

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The answer came from within!

Quaero Veritas.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I only have one

What's that thing at the door.

Creepy-male

A kettle.

...or do you mean my hair?

EDIT

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    It's ok to drop names, like myself, if you want to. Just be careful as using my names may give you too much attention, and the kind that only want you for your body. And I know you don't really want that.
    Yes, Ryu, your name has too much power. It is not a force to be trifled with.
    Last edited by male; 07-15-2010 at 12:04 PM.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, WoW is definitely the highest ranking favorite past time among nuclear technicians undergoing training in the Navy and has actually distracted some sailors to the point of disenrollment (I don't play WoW, but my friends do...I prefer Halo or GTA); BTW I like your jacket