TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Difference between SLEs/ESTps of Enneagram type 7 and 8

?????????
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

E8s are more commanding, E7s are more friendly. I have an SLE E8 grandpa and an SLE E7 brother. The latter gets on my nerves more often, but that's 'cause I live with him.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E7s are the more fun-loving, let's go out and do something crazy SLEs. E8s are the other kind.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ananke View Post
    SLE E7s go with the flow, are funloving and avoid conflicts/people who complain/people who are negative. Relaxed. Don't have the direction and drive of the E8s. Often lazy. Smooth, almost in a SEE-like way. Skilled at getting underneath the radar. Easy to like. Other-directed. Catlike.

SLE E8s are almost EJ-like in that they move most of the time and for a purpose. Very stubborn, hard to manipulate and often aggressive-defensive. By that I mean they defend aggressively before they are even attacked. Just in case. If unhealthy, shoot them. If healthy, great friends. Emotional. They have only one emotion, though. Anger. Look as if something is wrong with them if they smile. Stomach-ache? Self-contained. Heavy.
    yeah. SLE-7s are often Ti-subs and SLE-8s often Se-subs.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe? No idea.

Ime it's the opposite way around, but I have only identified 2 SLE E7s and 4 SLE E8s. The SLE E7s are Se-subs. The E8s are 3*Ti and 1*Se.
    interesting.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe? No idea.

Ime it's the opposite way around, but I have only identified 2 SLE E7s and 4 SLE E8s. The SLE E7s are Se-subs. The E8s are 3*Ti and 1*Se.
    This makes a bit more sense as the Ti-subtype should have a slightly weaker PolR.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE 7s are the guys you're friends with, good at cheating their way out of every system they get in, get rich and waste their money on hookers. SLE 8s are your boss, shout at your when they are angry and beat their wife, but love their children.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SLE 7s are more lighthearted the 8s are more serious; they might have light touch but at the core be more serious people than Howard Stern.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE E7s go with the flow, are funloving and avoid conflicts/people who complain/people who are negative. Relaxed. Don't have the direction and drive of the E8s. Often lazy. Smooth, almost in a SEE-like way. Skilled at getting underneath the radar. Easy to like. Other-directed. Catlike.

SLE E8s are almost EJ-like in that they move most of the time and for a purpose. Very stubborn, hard to manipulate and often aggressive-defensive. By that I mean they defend aggressively before they are even attacked. Just in case. If unhealthy, shoot them. If healthy, great friends. Emotional. They have only one emotion, though. Anger. Look as if something is wrong with them if they smile. Stomach-ache? Self-contained. Heavy.
    Basically accurate, although I'm both easy to like and often lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    yeah. SLE-7s are often Ti-subs and SLE-8s often Se-subs.
    I would agree with ananke on this - more SLE-Se Sevens, more SLE-Ti Eights.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you feel the correctness? Cause I can.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Can you feel the correctness? Cause I can.
    are you E-7 or E-8?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's attention (admiration)-seeking, often showing off his ability to act smarter and/or more responsibly than others, and has a boyish charm. I'd say E3?
    ahhahahahaa yes...

Creepy-male

Short Answer to the 5 dollar question.

7's -- Enjoyment Seeking
    8's -- Power Seeking

The gradient between 7 and 8 is about the combination of enjoyment and power... like feel excited and on top of the world... and seeking those experiences....

where as the 6/7 gradient is more mentally contained... like outrun the anxiety and just enjoy your time in good company... but still a little safer than the 7/8 gradient

the 8/9 gradient is more bear-like.... calm earthy... think maximus the farmer from gladiator... statusque and commanding but earthy and calm and in touch with the earth.

This is also the border between the Thinking and Instinctual Triad. The intersection of Thought and Instinct apparently... I've yet to determine if this means anything.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's attention (admiration)-seeking, often showing off his ability to act smarter and/or more responsibly than others, and has a boyish charm. I'd say E3?
    lol What? When do I claim to be smarter than others?
    Easy Day

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE 8s: Herman Goerring, Donald Trump

SLE 7s: Anthony Keidis, Jim Carrey

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, kiedes is the archetype of Se-SLE 7. I do think they go hand in hand. personally, that's the easiest type of SLE to deal with, because they're detached enough to make things easier, but also reactive in a way that prevents boredom. haven't known any SLE 8s closely, but I doubt they'd be much fun, maybe useful for collaboration. actually, E3s seem to be more common than E8s, specifically among the Ti-subtypes, unsurprisingly. winehouse and madonna epitomize it. aside from that, you have SLE 6s, most of which ime have been the casual friend type, with a few sx primaries who were fairly batshit.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course you forgot the E-3 SLE, They are the coolest
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E3 SLEs are fun for aristocratic posturing. It feels like a dark ballroom with random glints of light within smoke vapors that you somehow have to catch and reflect.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    E3 SLEs are fun for aristocratic posturing. It feels like a dark ballroom with random glints of light within smoke vapors that you somehow have to catch and reflect.
    strrng, what do you mean by that?

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you guys generally find E-3 SLEs to be Ti-subs or Se-subs?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

redbaron umm not sure, but one think I do know is that they are very different than the E-7,8. and they usually don't have as much of E-3's problem as other socionic types who are E-3.

1)

2)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    redbaron umm not sure, but one think I do know is that they are very different than the E-7,8. and they usually don't have as much of E-3's problem as other socionic types who are E-3.
    I think my sister-in-law is E-3w4. But she seems a pretty balanced subtype. I guess Se if I had to choose one.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    strrng, what do you mean by that?
    not sure. I was slightly rewired at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    do you guys generally find E-3 SLEs to be Ti-subs or Se-subs?
    Ti-subs are more common ime. I think the E3 type makes more sense with the J-sub beta attitude in general (higher collective focus, more overtly dramatic expression).

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E7 SLE: Jack Sparrow
    E8 SLE: Barbossa
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    SLE 8s: Herman Goerring, Donald Trump

SLE 7s: Anthony Keidis, Jim Carrey

So.... this is perfect! My husband is type 8 and I am type 7, both ESTP's but so different, although I have always thought he was an ExxJ because of his 8 tendencies. SO ACCURATE! He's a dogmatic, loyal firefighter and I am a life of the party, teacher and performer. He was drawn to me because I'm outgoing and charming, but don't take anyone's crap and I'm not fake. I was drawn to him because he is the only one who doesn't take my crap. HAHA