Thread: Si PoLR question

Creepy-male

Default Si PoLR question

Ok, this happened aaaaaages ago.

My dad's 2nd wife, an EIE, was discussing with me when to brush your teeth: before or after breakfast? I was like, "After, else the toothpaste makes breakfast taste gross!"

Would that have made her freak out and be like "Ohgod, I just made another Si blunder!!!" inside?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If she didn't know socionics it would've probably been more vague/bewildered like "How come I didn't know that?"
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before, because I like my breath to be minty fresh when I'm starting my day. The taste'll wear off.

Creepy-male

But then your brekky tastes yucky.

YukkyBrekky.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More like weak Logic.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who buys toothpaste for the strong flavor, anyways?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just brush my teeth when I'm in the bathroom and it's convenient. I don't really pay too much attention to before or after breakfast issues. The taste wears off, like matthewz says.

Brian, what type's your dad?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-male

SLE. Married to an SEI now. Mum/1st wife was an EII.

Ironic because that's half the reason she stuck around so long, and half the reason she left, lol.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    SLE. Married to an SEI now. Mum/1st wife was an EII.

Ironic because that's half the reason she stuck around so long, and half the reason she left, lol.
    what's half the reason?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-male

Being EII. Martyrdom and commitment thing? Plus being dad's Conflictor. I believe they were married for 11 years? Pretty much permanently scarred them both.

That's actually why I picked up Socionics

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it seems kind of obvious that you've got to brush your teeth after you eat, rather than before...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, agreed. After of course.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It should be obvious that you're supposed to brush after.. Not because it tastes bad otherwise, but because it keeps your teeth clean. However, I do brush before just because I take a shower the second I wake up, and I like to take care of all the bathroom crap at once.

I don't know why the taste would last that long anyway, unless you're literally taking a bite right after you rinse out your mouth.

Even if not taking that into consideration is related to Si-PoLR, it's of little significance and likely wouldn't phase anyone.
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 07-08-2010 at 07:10 AM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I just brush my teeth when I'm in the bathroom and it's convenient. I don't really pay too much attention to before or after breakfast issues. The taste wears off, like matthewz says.
    Same.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My fiance always brushes before AND after breakfast. I, on the other hand, am inconsistent with it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being EII. Martyrdom and commitment thing? Plus being dad's Conflictor. I believe they were married for 11 years? Pretty much permanently scarred them both.

That's actually why I picked up Socionics
    wow. I'm sorry. sounds like the split was probably for the best. people stay for so many reasons.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    My fiance always brushes before AND after breakfast.
    So it isn't just me? Good to know.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    No, it seems kind of obvious that you've got to brush your teeth after you eat, rather than before...
    In the case of breakfast it can be a problem if you drink orange juice (or grapefruit juice) since the acid can harm your teeth if you brush them after drinking it.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never really understood brushing one's teeth before a meal. I mean the point is to clean them and if it's in the morning and you brushed them before going to bed then what's the point of brushing them again before breakfast to only brush them again after breakfast or after some other later meal.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    yeah.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I've never really understood brushing one's teeth before a meal. I mean the point is to clean them and if it's in the morning and you brushed them before going to bed then what's the point of brushing them again before breakfast to only brush them again after breakfast or after some other later meal.
    my dentist said that the point of brushing them in the morning is to rid them of the stuff on them from the night. Eating can actually be a form of doing this (especially if you're eating something like an apple or cheese). Brushing after eating sugar is a good thing and obviously you don't want to go around with junk in your teeth all day, but the most important times to brush are first thing in the morning and before bed.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-male

Eating can actually be a form of doing this (especially if you're eating something like an apple or cheese).
    Yeah, this is probably how my teeth have survived this long with "infrequent" brushing. I have a plate of raw veggies every night for dinner (if I'm eating at all, *ahem*), so the celery and carrot at the very least probably give my teeth a reasonable scrubbing.

That and I just have hardy teeth... point in case my wicked vampire canines.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my dentist said that the point of brushing them in the morning is to rid them of the stuff on them from the night. Eating can actually be a form of doing this (especially if you're eating something like an apple or cheese). Brushing after eating sugar is a good thing and obviously you don't want to go around with junk in your teeth all day, but the most important times to brush are first thing in the morning and before bed.
    that's interesting. I'd never heard that before.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a plate of raw veggies every night for dinner (if I'm eating at all, *ahem*)
    yum

Re OP, I brush before (with minimal toothpaste) because I like eating with a ahem fresh palate.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Creepy-male

Ok, this happened aaaaaages ago.

My dad's 2nd wife, an EIE, was discussing with me when to brush your teeth: before or after breakfast? I was like, "After, else the toothpaste makes breakfast taste gross!"

Would that have made her freak out and be like "Ohgod, I just made another Si blunder!!!" inside?
    I agree with crispy, she wouldn't be literally like "Si blunder", but she may realize... oh yea that's a good point.

But I think what you mean is that you think she may get offended at your remark... and to me its either like she can be proud and arrogant and have her breakfast taste like toothpaste... or she can learn to take some advice and join you and experience breakfast the way it should taste.

Personally if I was in this position and you were all like "After, else the toothpaste makes breakfast taste gross!" and I had previously did it before.... I'd probably be thinking internally.... "Wow I've never thought about it like that before, I wonder what else I haven't considered here".

It also depends on the delivery... the Fe aspect... if she senses you are doing it to put her down, humiliate her, and paint this portrait of her as a disgusting person she will likely respond negative. It just all depends.

Also I'm with the school of thought that says after a meal, I try to pay more attention to how my physical body feels with these sorts of things rather than pay attention to conventional routines. My mom (LSI) is probably the exact opposite, wellness is a result of routine, when not well, must have a tighter schedule, must have more routine, must be more willful to adherence to the routine, if all else fails... trust in the routine and leave the rest to god. To me I'm like, routines are established for wellness, when not well, change your routine, must do something different, must be more aware of how I feel, if all else fails... trust in one self and leave the rest to god.