Thread: LIIs and chickens

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LIIs and chickens

How much does the following excerpt (LII socioscope description stolen from here) apply to you?

Mental work is exhausting for the LII. By contrast, copes well with the monotonous work which does not deal with his thoughts. As long as his hands work in an automatic way, he deals with the interesting occupation - thoughts. Or just fantasizing. Or this, and toi the same time.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

That's the same for EII and all of the ILI that I know of. That's why I like washing dishes...allows me to go into my fantasies, to escape and zone off.

Makes sense for most INXx types to enjoy this sort of activities.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not if there is lots of Te procedures when washing the dishes. The XEI will hate it.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monotonous work is the worst kind. I put my mind into my work. I start something and then finish it, being rewarded in time for finishing it quickly or punished by a loss of time by being inefficient. Monotonous work just goes on with no end in sight. I can do mental work.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sensors can't really brainstorm when their environment is saturated with sensoric information. Ideas of quality and valuable insights just aren't coming to them. They act "instinctively" then. They need to retreat themselves to their silent chambers in order to think through the things.

Intuitives, otoh, seem to not have that kind of problem. Oftentimes a rather good ideas 'n' insights are brought to life when there's too much things happening around them.

All of this if all things are being equal, of course.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    How much does the following excerpt (LII socioscope description stolen from here) apply to you?
    Mental work is exhausting for the LII. By contrast, copes well with the monotonous work which does not deal with his thoughts. As long as his hands work in an automatic way, he deals with the interesting occupation - thoughts. Or just fantasizing. Or this, and toi the same time.
    Heh, awesome, that's pretty much what I do at work now. I do menial labour at a grocery store, for this very reason. I find it annoying when I have to do things at work that I have to actually think about -- it interrupts my train of thought!
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep. This has often worked against me too. It's actually quite a shock, when someone comes and snaps me back into reality.
    The mode of goodness conditions one to happiness, passion conditions him to the fruits of action, and ignorance to madness.

Chapter 14, Verse 9.
    The Bhagavad Gita

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the quote, it reflects an important fact about INTjs' absence and presence of discipline. INTjs hate having their minds be enslaved to some cause other than their own individuality. Menial work that is mentally unintensive to the point of allowing them to think while doing the work, however, is tolerable.

This also mentioned in the Stratiyevskaja profile.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a few speculations about how this may be related to the Process/Result catagory and some ideas smilingeyes had about "type change" (which I don't accept in the format he presents the views but I still find interesting as a metaphor of what is really going on a person of a certain type).

Result/Rational NT is like a state of mental rumination, coming up with useful things based on oppurtunities that fly by.
    Process/Irrational NT is a state of mental occupation, trying to solve a problem of ones interest.
    Process/Rational ST is a state of physical occupation, working intently towards a goal using ones body and/or a concrete set of tools.
    Result/Irrational ST is a state of physical adaptation, taking the most adaptive bodily stance in response to a changing environment.

According to smilingeyes, Rational/Irrational is incapable of change, whereas Process/Result and NT/ST are variable (again, I am employing this view as a metaphor; I am not defending type change as something real in the shape smilingeyes believed it to exist).

This means that an INTj, while prefering the state of mental adaptation/rumination, also easily switches to the "physical occupation" stance. The "mental occupation" stance on the other hand, is less accessible to him/her.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This seems to work for my LII father. For example, he's quite modern, bought a dishwasher himself when they first became available, yet he still keeps washing the dishes. I also space out during monotonous tasks, but then I either make clumsy mistakes or - more often than not - stop doing anything and never notice. I'm really bad at it for this reason. Anything I'm to work on effectively needs to keep my attention, which means keeping the brain busy.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does this thread have to do with chickens? I'm stumped.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    BTW, you link Polish translation of the profile. Original: socioscope.com - .

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Well there's a chicken in the thread. Maybe I should've kept chicken singular.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    As a socionics type, LIIs are pretty chicken.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    That's the same for EII and all of the ILI that I know of. That's why I like washing dishes...allows me to go into my fantasies, to escape and zone off.

Makes sense for most INXx types to enjoy this sort of activities.
    I can tolerate monotonous activities as long as I have something interesting to think about while doing it. Either that or I try to make a game out of it, by inventing my own variations or coming up with ways to make it more efficient or trying do to it as quickly as possible without sacrificing accuracy.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP