Thread: Most forgiving type

Creepy-

Default Most forgiving type

Reading through the "Type with the Worst Temper" thread got me thinking... what type tends to be the most forgiving?

I'm kind of expecting people to say Beta and Delta NFs, but we shall see....

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI & SEI.

ESE. EII.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah. I'm too forgiving. But my name in the bible, was that the saint samuel..... was the most forgiving one I think? So most people with the name 'Sam' are the ones that forgive people of their wrongdoings. It's like my most ultimate holy power or something.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

EIIs are the most forgiving type.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the most forgiving person I know is an ESI, strangely enough. That said, one probably would not be able to cross her enough to push her to her breaking point.
    LIE-Ni, i think, but maybe ILI

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    They are forgiving to the point of comedy.

Creepy-male

IF types I guess. The types doomed to live in a fantasy realm of perfect subjectivity

Any type with an sp/sx stacking once they've locked in on you. Though I suppose they're not necessarily forgiving in the "just let crap fly all the time" way, but they're probably not going to terminate a relationship despite periods of passive-aggresive retaliation.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFj comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by smilodon View Post
    I think the most forgiving person I know is an ESI, strangely enough.
    That's not strange.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, EII. I don't really forgive people - I just don't care about stuff after a bit.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I find I forgive easily but I don't forget. I don't really let go of past hurts and injustices. I can understand sometimes why the perpetrator did what he or she did and try to set it aside so I can at least get along with the other in a civil manner but once they've hurt me, its hard to completely let go of it. Once they've did me wrong it does affect the way I think and feel about the person that's very difficult to undo. I think I read somewhere that Ij types tend to be like this.

I think EIIs can be quite forgiving but I'm not sure they'd be likely to *forget* and may be more inclined to hold grudges for a long time while appearing to get along with the person who did them wrong some say.

My guess is IFp types are probably better at forgiving and truly letting go without holding grudges but I could be wrong here.

As far as which types are most likely to be forgiving I'd guess SEI.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    INFj comes to mind.

That's not strange.
    I usually get an impression of ESIs as very vindictive and rarely forgiving, here at least.
    LIE-Ni, i think, but maybe ILI

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoapOfSapphire View Post
    Reading through the "Type with the Worst Temper" thread got me thinking... what type tends to be the most forgiving?

I'm kind of expecting people to say Beta and Delta NFs, but we shall see....
    Has to be the ENFp.

Who else has the iNtuition to see past the offense, the perception to allow for possibilities, the Extroversion to make clear her forgiveness and means for redress, and the Feelings to have empathy.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII, ESE, IEI.
    SEIs, EIEs and IEEs are forgiving too but different from the types above they don't forget things easily and their forgiveness might be only an illusion.
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI>IEI>EII>IEE>ESE something like that.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All IxFx types are really forgiving. Probably INFjs are the most overall forgiving, while ISFjs are the most fogiving towards people they're close with. I don't have close personal experiences with INFps and ISFps, but they seem to be as much forgiving as INFjs and ISFjs.

I usually get an impression of ESIs as very vindictive and rarely forgiving, here at least.
    Doesn't work out like that in real life, in my experience. Perhaps only with extremely big offenses (killing their children, mother, husband etc.), however most ISFjs are quite shy and sentimental, they don't have the right kind of personality to be vindictive and unforgiving.

My general impression is that introverts are a lot more forgiving than extraverts.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Yeah, EII. I don't really forgive people - I just don't care about stuff after a bit.
    Yeah, I'm the same. I mean I forgive them kind of, but after a day it doesn't really matter. I only have a lasting grudge against my parents really, since they can be annoying and not understand that they should shut up.

If people (not family) do things i don't like or are not majorly unfair to me,i won't make them feel like they have to apologize unless they realize it on their own.
    However, i think that this attitude on my behalf is a boomerang because i don't adequately try to shape relationships and make them beneficial for me.People I interact with probably perceive me as a harmless (well, maybe a tad bit intimidating) cyborg tag-along.

I feel that it in this society we live in,it is necessary to forgive people -superficially or not-in order to keep being able to use and abuse others and to be used and abused ourselves .It is a cyrcle and the only way you can keep your head above water.

on topic : I believe that SEIs provide honest forgiveness whenever they do and EIIs "forgive" because they are self-righteous. IEIs are somewhere in between i guess.

Creepy-male

I think with SEIs it's more an attitude of being pissed off or angry only for as long as you actually even care about whatever it was. SEIs tend to just forget and then let things slide because it just doesn't matter any more/is not worth getting worked up over.

There's obviously also some serious E9 influence there

Creepy-male

Believe.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI comes to mind first. Others are probably IEI and EII.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, it's really hard to say a certain type is more forgiving or has a worse temper than another type. I think it is type-related in that each type has their "buttons" that make something more or less forgivable, or something else making them seethe with anger.

For example, I consider myself a generally forgiving and friendly person who tends to see the good in people, but I would find it difficult to forgive an Fi transgression (of course depending on the degree), and have been known to completely cut off people and ignore them for such actions.

So i really dont think there is a type that is more or less forgiving. As far as tempers/anger goes, i also dont think there is a type that gets angry more or less than another. Expression of the anger would be different--Fe-valuing types might be more expressive of the anger in a loud scary way. But everyone gets angry, for different reasons of course.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    Has to be the ENFp.

Who else has the iNtuition to see past the offense, the perception to allow for possibilities, the Extroversion to make clear her forgiveness and means for redress, and the Feelings to have empathy.
    Their mirror?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-12-2010 at 08:47 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, I'd have to go with SEI too since they tend to let things roll off their back. I can easily see how this compliments ILE's, who make a lot of random social faux pas and thus need someone who won't get easily worked-up over it
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    You know, I'd have to go with SEI too since they tend to let things roll off their back. I can easily see how this compliments ILE's, who make a lot of random social faux pas and thus need someone who won't get easily worked-up over it
    Lol, silly EII. SEIs don't even start off offended/worked up about an ILE's absolute disregard for social norms. It's charming, not something to put up with.

ILEfriend: "Bleh, I don't want to go to this funeral."
    ILE: "Sounds like you need someone to put the 'fun' back in 'funeral'!"
    Gul: "*Russian belly-laugh* Brilliant!"

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Lol, silly EII. SEIs don't even start off offended/worked up about an ILE's absolute disregard for social norms. It's charming, not something to put up with.

ILEfriend: "Bleh, I don't want to go to this funeral."
    ILE: "Sounds like you need someone to put the 'fun' back in 'funeral'!"
    Gul: "*Russian belly-laugh* Brilliant!"
    kind of, but I would think even an Fi PoLR would be aware that statements like that could be viewed as offensive, they just might not care (more so SLE's though, I would think)
    I'm more referring to the relational boundaries that Fi PoLR's have a hard time adapting to, since they requires an awareness and sense of importance in how other people react to you

I find that ILE's are totally obvious to how they come off on a regular basis, as in horrible social skills paired with a fear of the repercussions of the faux pas that are caused by it (weak Se), like when they start talking over other people because they can't be bothered to wait their turn to speak, or how they often use inappropriate intonation when communicating, as in speaking in an argumentative, apathetic or overly excitable manner and being oblivious when people react negatively to it.
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that ILE's are totally obvious to how they come off on a regular basis, as in horrible social skills paired with a fear of the repercussions of the faux pas that are caused by it (weak Se), like when they start talking over other people because they can't be bothered to wait their turn to speak, or how they often use inappropriate intonation when communicating, as in speaking in an argumentative, apathetic or overly excitable manner and being oblivious when people react negatively to it.
    yeh, that's all brilliant stuff :-) (no forgiveness necessary)

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... they often use inappropriate intonation when communicating, as in speaking in an argumentative, apathetic or overly excitable manner and being oblivious when people react negatively to it.
    How does someone help that kind of thing? :-/

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

SEI do it

EII talk about it but fail

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    most ISFjs are quite shy and sentimental, they don't have the right kind of personality to be vindictive and unforgiving.
    ever met the Se subtype?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    How does someone help that kind of thing? :-/
    common sense helps
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    The Se-ISFjs actually exemplify to an even greater extent the characteristics FDG described; unless you know them extremely well though, you won't see it. The more sensitive they are, the more its concealed from public view.
    I don't see it this way, the Se-ISFjs I know seem to be perceived as judgmental bitches by a decent amount of people. They hide their sensitivity but are more prone to lashing out impulsively. I had to stop one I know well from beating the crap out of this girl one night. They are still shy and sentimental but more emotionally unstable to the point of being vindictive and unforgiving. I find that they can get VERY focused on revenge. As far as being unforgiving goes, their policy is more of a 'forgive but not forget' one.

They have great memories, for better or for worse. They're great people, but to say vindictiveness and being unforgiving aren't possible for this is abit of a stretch considering gamma is one of the most revenge centered, and compensation focused, quadras.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    ever met the Se subtype?

Yeah, actually I've had an ISFj-Se girlfriend. She was not unforgiving at all; she was very focussed on her appearance and loved expensive stuff / looking "rich", but she was still rather shy and sentimental, even though she somewhat liked to put up a "bitchy" mask. They're more impulsive, so they might become aggressive with a person they barely know. However, they can be treated like shit by someone they like / love and still revenge will be the last thing on their mind. I personally get along better with ISFj-Fi, I think, but I can't say that ISFj-Se are unforgiving.

I don't see it this way, the Se-ISFjs I know seem to be perceived as judgmental bitches by a decent amount of people. They hide their sensitivity but are more prone to lashing out impulsively. I had to stop one I know well from beating the crap out of this girl one night. They are still shy and sentimental but more emotionally unstable to the point of being vindictive and unforgiving. I find that they can get VERY focused on revenge. As far as being unforgiving goes, their policy is more of a 'forgive but not forget' one.
    I mostly agree with this picture, it's not incompatible with being "forgiving" with people they like but who have hurt them a lot. I'm not trying to "defend" them, I personally think it's somewhat of a weakness, compared to them I'm a lot more likely to be permanently pissed off towards someone that has tried to treat me like shit, and I think they would benefit from a "harder" approach.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

INFj probably .with IEI and IEE coming next, but only because they forget and switch their attention to something else

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My type hands down. I have the most difficult dual. Emotional, reactive, impulsive, impatient, controlling, proud, authoritarian, uncompromising sometimes, won't be told what to do, etc. I'm so much about not controlling things, I can get dressred in 30 seconds, I can understand moods easily, I can listen to hours of complaints and try to provide hopeful outlook, positive, I can put up with a lot, I can spend time in my dreams and not fret, I don't complain about buttons or holes in my shirt, I can shake it off and I can live in a box if worse comes. Im calm most times and positive
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Forgiving? In order to enter into forgiving state you must be in unforgivable state (please correct me). I don't really judge anything in those terms. The objects called people have certain characteristics and functioning. It is just better acknowledge that what kind of potentials arises from them in different situations and blame yourself if the detection fails. On the other hand I have hard time at accepting people who do it for others because there are people who are bad at evaluating information and researching it.

Forgiving = brushing it off?
    If this is the case then it is not Ni/Se valuer.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shoah View Post
    Mine. LSE. I forgive everyone that has ever crossed me after I ship them via Styx.
    ahahaha
    -

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weak Se and Fi types

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think IEIs are that forgiving per se, we just switch our attention pretty quickly to some positive stuff and need a whole lot shitload of crap to get the tick to cut people off.
    But once we cut it's the end.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We forgive as we forget