Thread: Who would write this?

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Who would write this?

So, I was reading a blog written by a good friend of mine, whose son turned one today. The following was her husband's written response to the blog. It made me curious as to which type(s) would be more likely to write something like this. I think the way he expresses himself would at least indicate something about valued function(s).

DISCLAIMER: The original is written in Spanish, so this is a translation. I have tried to translate as literally as possible.

"This is a completely new and therefore an unknown phase for us, which awakens beautiful feelings. I have never felt the way I feel about you and our baby in my life. It's an unending love, an unbreakable commitment to take care of you for the rest of my life, that isn't comparable to any feeling previously experienced. As much as one can love one's parents, grandparents, etc.- nothing compares to the love for a wife and children."

What do you think?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

EIE seems likely to me.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xNxx.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE seems likely to me.
    Yes, my first thought too.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? That surprises me somewhat. I thought someone would comment on the "taking care" part as a caregiver thing.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe dominant or other Fe type, EIE is a good guess
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could it be Fe seeking??

So, everyone agrees that an Fe PoLR/Role type wouldn't write something like this?

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    Could it be Fe seeking??

So, everyone agrees that an Fe PoLR/Role type wouldn't write something like this?
    At least one Fe-PoLR instance agrees.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    At least one Fe-PoLR instance agrees.
    No idea what you're saying here.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    My gf confirmed that an LII relative was very romantic & stuff with his wife, although when people are around he's very sober. She was pretty surprised, although we knew that he's tender, mainly because this is what her wife wants from a man. He laid down his guard, because she (my gf) used to visit them very often and sleep at their place.

His justification there made me think about a logical type, making his decision as a deductive conclusion, I don't remember hearing that from Fe people.
    I agree. That was the feeling I got from it also. It sounds to me like someone who values Fe, but I'd expect less logical deduction from an Fe dominant.

I get the feeling that when around one's dual, we feel comfortable enough to start communicating with them in their language to them.
    That she agrees and she's an Fe-PoLR .

Btw, that sounds like Ni-PoLR - in support of the idea that you're an ESE. XSEs don't like what they see as "smart-ass" riddles.
    I'm not saying that's a "smart-ass" remark, I could see myself saying it.
    I like "smart-ass" riddles, as you call them. I just didn't get her wording there, particularly because she quoted both questions I posted, while only answering one. But I don't consider that a smart-ass comment anyway, so the point is moot .

I'm not an ESE, Pinocchio, I'm sure of it. I suck at Si. Delta Si seems completely foreign to me, while Alpha Si just plains annoys the crap out of me. I actually know a few ESEs and there's no way we're the same type. We seem to operate on different universes, just a completely different focus.

This is one of the reasons I'm beginning to consider EIE as the most likely type for me. Now that I'm gaining a better understanding of it, I realize I had huge misconceptions about it.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just thought I'd give an explanation for my last post since I didn't have time to write one prior;

I see Ni Fe> Si Fe because I doubt an Si type would feel comfortable evaluating the prospects of their relationships, "It's an unending love, an unbreakable commitment to take care of you for the rest of my life"
    This could also easily fit into the romantic idealization that is mentioned in a lot of Beta Fe descriptions as well, i.e "Inclined to idealize their object of love." "Romantic, elevate themselves in feelings and dream about a great and prolonged love"
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    Just thought I'd give an explanation for my last post since I didn't have time to write one prior;

I see Ni Fe> Si Fe because I doubt an Si type would feel comfortable evaluating the prospects of their relationships, "It's an unending love, an unbreakable commitment to take care of you for the rest of my life"
    This could also easily fit into the romantic idealization that is mentioned in a lot of Beta Fe descriptions as well, i.e "Inclined to idealize their object of love." "Romantic, elevate themselves in feelings and dream about a great and prolonged love"
    Yeah, it's less down-to-earth (down-to-earth could be attributed to Si-valuing).

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    I agree. Very much. This is why I think an Ni type would rather say "for eternity" instead of "until I'll rot in the grave". If anything, that points towards Ne/Si.
    So you're agreeing it's NOT Ne/Si? Because nothing like "until I rot in the grave" was said.

@Sirena: without suggesting that you're Ne/Si, but IMO you have a misguided view on Alpha.
    Enlighten me!

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Anybody would write that if they were in love. We all say that shit when we're under love's spell.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Beta NF taking his ego for granted.

The devil whispers close to my ears. Quote Unquote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"This is a completely new and therefore an unknown phase for us
    This really doesn't sound as coming from a Ne-valuing quadra. I've heard this kind of thing from many Ne-PoLR types.

which awakens beautiful feelings. I have never felt the way I feel about you and our baby in my life.
    This part strikes me a Fi-valuing.

It's an unending love, an unbreakable commitment to take care of you for the rest of my life, that isn't comparable to any feeling previously experienced.
    This is blatantly Fi-valuing, it clearly implies the relational approach of a guardian, what points at ISFj.

As much as one can love one's parents, grandparents, etc.- nothing compares to the love for a wife and children."
    Again, really Fi-valuing, this is the kind of statement and life philosophy of leading types. The emphasis this person gives to love, tradition, social status quo, psychological proximity, moral, family, social institutions, it's really Fi valuing. He seems to see these things as central to his life.

That's what I think.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Almagest View Post
    This part strikes me a Fi-valuing.

This is blatantly Fi-valuing, it clearly implies the relational approach of a guardian, what points at ISFj.

Again, really Fi-valuing, this is the kind of statement and life philosophy of leading types. The emphasis this person gives to love, tradition, social status quo, psychological proximity, moral, family, social institutions, it's really Fi valuing. He seems to see these things as central to his life.

That's what I think.
    Just because the topic - family, love, etc. - is what can be considered to fall under Fi as information aspect, doesn't make it evidence for Fi-valuing. Note that what the person focuses on is his personal feeling (how *I* feel), I'd even say emotionality, since he speaks of what he experiences on the occasion, as opposed to a focus on the relationship or other person.

The devil whispers close to my ears. Quote Unquote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, now I agree with you, reading again I can see the Fe.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    I can't believe you people are pouring this much analysis into a single, generic, isolated statement lol. It just sounds like a guy who's thrilled about his wife and kids. What else is there to be said?
    exactly.

It shows that they are not familiar how difficult it is to type someone based on a piece of text.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

sounds gay

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request