Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Alpha romance

  1. #1
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Alpha romance

    Does it exist? :frown:

    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  2. #2
    Executor MatthewZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    TIM
    Ne-LII
    Posts
    800
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Why wouldn't it exist?

    But, if no one objects, I'll claim that video in the name of Alpha Romance.

  3. #3
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewZ View Post
    But, if no one objects, I'll claim that video in the name of Alpha Romance.
    oh god lol
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  4. #4
    Executor MatthewZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    TIM
    Ne-LII
    Posts
    800
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    oh god lol
    While it may resemble sexual harassment in a modern context, that guy is doing it right. Slightly insecure performers are attractive.

  5. #5
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewZ View Post
    While it may resemble sexual harassment in a modern context, that guy is doing it right. Slightly insecure performers are attractive.
    Lol.. the insecurity is cute.. it's just the whole *smmack* - ok, now we can digest our food thing that sucks the romance clean out of everything. lol
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  6. #6
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  7. #7
    ~~rubicon~~ Rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chatbox
    TIM
    SEI, 9
    Posts
    5,268
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    IMO what I'd not consider Alpha is that "you have a great voice" in the beginning and that he does not ask for her opinion. It appears that he actually he fooled her, I personally would not do such thing.
    But yeah, overall he has that Alpha NT sloppiness, lol!

    I don't try to convince, but always ask if it would be a good idea, or if she agrees or thought the same way as me. I remember that, in the beginning, after we decided to be together, the first night in the city I asked if she wants us to hold hands. It was an really awkward moment, but I had to do it because we theoretically were together - and were walking together, why should we not hold hands? - kinda nonsensical, IMO, that was the only reason .
    Asking is great - makes it easy.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

  8. #8
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    omg, that was HILARIOUS. That's exactly how I am in relationships and pretty much exemplifies what I was talking about with social awkwardness.

    "Listen, it's going to be awkward later so why don't we just do it now so we're comfortable later?"

    Damn, reminds me of the early stages with my bf <3
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  9. #9
    detail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    483
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I usually try things to see if i will be told "Back off you creep!" but yes i already did the "Hey, do you want us to kiss? It would be pretty nice" thing too. I expect people to feel at ease with their bodies and to know part of the magic is in the spontaneity and if it's not mutual the initiator just stops and that's it, no hard feelings, no shame, no taboos. Of course i'm not running around, trying this on everyone. I keep it for women i am very attracted to and who i feel i connect with.

  10. #10
    Imagine Timeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA.
    TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My idea of romance:

    A floppy disk and a rose.


  11. #11
    Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canada's Prairie Farmland
    TIM
    C-LII
    Posts
    2,647
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For the record, I find Woody Allen to be highly creepy. I'm not sure why. But it does tend to drain all the romance out of scenes with him in it, and make it just kind of unsettling.

    In my opinion, Zach Braff's movie "Garden State" is a better example of Alpha romance.
    Quaero Veritas.

  12. #12
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    262
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Lol.. the insecurity is cute.. it's just the whole *smmack* - ok, now we can digest our food thing that sucks the romance clean out of everything. lol
    I'm currently in the process of getting to know a female INTj and (I think?) there's potential there though neither of us really know if we're dating or not and we're not really discussing it. From an alpha NT point of view, that directness really helps put a relationship into a box, and from there everything else can move on. I think "romance" happens once that's established.
    LII?

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    262
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    I hope she breaks your heart.
    Fingers crossed.

    ps:I can't tell if this is a genuine retort or not to my doubting your type or you're just messing about. Either one's amusing.
    LII?

  15. #15
    Trevor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,860
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buckland View Post
    Fingers crossed.

    ps:I can't tell if this is a genuine retort or not to my doubting your type or you're just messing about. Either one's amusing.
    Both.

  16. #16
    I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Behind you
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Posts
    4,956
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    IMO what I'd not consider Alpha is that "you have a great voice" in the beginning and that he does not ask for her opinion. It appears that he actually he fooled her, I personally would not do such thing.
    But yeah, overall he has that Alpha NT sloppiness, lol!

    I don't try to convince, but always ask if it would be a good idea, or if she agrees or thought the same way as me. I remember that, in the beginning, after we decided to be together, the first night in the city I asked if she wants us to hold hands. It was an really awkward moment, but I had to do it because we theoretically were together - and were walking together, why should we not hold hands? - kinda nonsensical, IMO, that was the only reason .
    that's funny contrasting to the beta sex talk thread..

    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I can't believe I'm saying this, because I hate admitting to it. I wish guys would be more aggressive when they can tell I'm into them & not beat around the bush so much, otherwise it's frustrating. Don't ask me if you can touch me, because it's weird. It means I have to decide what I want, and I hate that. I remember the first time someone was so straight up. I ended up sneaking him into a public pool and taking my clothes off. reckless behavior is fun.

  17. #17
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  18. #18
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Woody Allen is INTp.

  19. #19
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Tuturututan socionics is about parrotting everything from me and smilingeyes, so that's hardly surprising.

  20. #20
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    262
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    LII + LII = bread sandwich :|.
    Maybe, but so far I am definitely feeling a very strong attraction to this girl. I'm not really planning on marrying the girl or anything so I'll see what happens, if only to satisfy my curiosity.
    LII?

  22. #22
    Imagine Timeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA.
    TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



  23. #23
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Leo is ESTj
    Kate is ESFp

    classic case of Dual to ESFp attraction.

  24. #24
    Imagine Timeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA.
    TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Posts
    819
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Leo is ESTj
    Kate is ESFp

    classic case of Dual to ESFp attraction.
    I put that there for the alternate ending, not the characters specifically.

    Ka-boom.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •