Thread: Deltas and talking about sex with significant others

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Deltas and talking about sex with significant others

more directed towards ESTJ's(Ryu ), Delta STs, then Delta NFs by order of importance:

do you feel that talking about sexual acts you had with a significant other to other people(perhaps a close group of friends) is unacceptable or improper behavior? if you do, which I am assuming is yes, please elaborate on why this is so.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perfection.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pirate can you please get out of my quadra

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    dont speak to me peasant
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, unless there was explicit mention not to say anything, which is doubtful. I wouldn't see what the big deal is, we all have sex and if you're in a relationship, you're most likely having sex. If it's to close people, I wouldn't mind at all really.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    more directed towards ESTJ's(Ryu ), Delta STs, then Delta NFs by order of importance:

do you feel that talking about sexual acts you had with a significant other to other people(perhaps a close group of friends) is unacceptable or improper behavior? if you do, which I am assuming is yes, please elaborate on why this is so.
    I don't have issues with it per se but it would depend why I was doing it.

I'd find it inappropriate if it was seen as classified information for what ever reason, which is kinda like betraying a confidence just for the sake of it.

What about you?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's improper. It's always sexier when things are kept discrete, and veiled from the public. I feel like it makes the relationship closer and more special.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm the opposite. ;p Being Beta I guess that makes sense. I think public talks about sex , they make me relaxed, less nervous and uneasy- and make me feel like, just more comfortable. Although that isn't to assume that I prefer public displays of affection or obscene behavior publicly. (really I don't understand why people get bent over shape as this as they do, considering it's how they were made. It's like backwards to me...) But when I was younger I was really bothered by this.

Anyways I had an ENFp therapist that I really liked one time, because I could sense her gentle humanitarian soul but I think I really disagreed with her fundamentally on a lot of principals.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I think it's improper. It's always sexier when things are kept discrete, and veiled from the public. I feel like it makes the relationship closer and more special.
    I agree with this. What I was thinking was if for instance there was advice being seeked for medical reasons, or one of your friends was asking for advice on anything like pre-mature ejaculation for instance, ok I know its far fetched but like not everyone wants to talk to a doctor so the discussion is done to help, not to brag or betray etc.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a Delta, but I think it's simply an issue of respecting the other person's privacy, not to mention one's own. Obviously there are exceptions like Cyclops mentioned, but I'd hate for it to be anything less than confidential, which includes not talking to people who may broadcast it.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends

Why do you assume yes?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I agree with this. What I was thinking was if for instance there was advice being seeked for medical reasons, or one of your friends was asking for advice on anything like pre-mature ejaculation for instance, ok I know its far fetched but like not everyone wants to talk to a doctor so the discussion is done to help, not to brag or betray etc.
    well sure, i would even feel flattered if a friend came to me to confide in such things, and I would try to give advice without any judgement. I get the feeling the betas are asking about casual chatting about sex. But the way you interpreted the question is really interesting. Practical, practical!!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I don't have issues with it per se but it would depend why I was doing it.

I'd find it inappropriate if it was seen as classified information for what ever reason, which is kinda like betraying a confidence just for the sake of it.

What about you?
    I feel like its okay to talk about with a trusted close circle and only if your partner is okay with it too. Who I'm sharing it to is important - people who I know will not talk about it with others, will not disrespect her, etc. A very select few. But even then, there is a limit - I wont go into too much detail as I do agree that after a certain point there's a possibility for the intimacy of it all to be lessened.

If people are curious if you have done x, what x feels like, I feel okay answering. If people are curious about if x girl was 'good in the sack', I try to keep it as vague and respectful as possible - although I have only ever talked about my past sexual relationships - not my current ones as I feel its a bit different? perhaps maybe because there's no Fi bond, so its more of an memory that your sharing as opposed to some more intimate; although I suppose that would vary based on how close the memory was to said person?

In general I do think sharing those kinds of things can be informative or helpful within certain restraints, and definitely don't discourage it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Depends

Why do you assume yes?
    you remind me of this ESTj I know, and he and other ESTjs have always seemed(and are from my observations) very conservative about this area. so I suppose I'm looking for the whys as I do feel that its an interesting and oppositional outlook in comparison to how I see things, but also very relate-able.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    Nope, unless there was explicit mention not to say anything, which is doubtful. I wouldn't see what the big deal is, we all have sex and if you're in a relationship, you're most likely having sex. If it's to close people, I wouldn't mind at all really.
    ^^this^^

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sex is tabooish for me, so yes.
    Augusta observed that with N types, often sex and Si stuff is taboo; she wrote that in her literature and it's true in my case
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    Yep.
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I give it a

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

He will when he finds his type.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like its okay to talk about with a trusted close circle and only if your partner is okay with it too. Who I'm sharing it to is important - people who I know will not talk about it with others, will not disrespect her, etc. A very select few. But even then, there is a limit - I wont go into too much detail as I do agree that after a certain point there's a possibility for the intimacy of it all to be lessened.

If people are curious if you have done x, what x feels like, I feel okay answering. If people are curious about if x girl was 'good in the sack', I try to keep it as vague and respectful as possible - although I have only ever talked about my past sexual relationships - not my current ones as I feel its a bit different? perhaps maybe because there's no Fi bond, so its more of an memory that your sharing as opposed to some more intimate; although I suppose that would vary based on how close the memory was to said person?

In general I do think sharing those kinds of things can be informative or helpful within certain restraints, and definitely don't discourage it.
    I don't see anything wrong with that.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mhm

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    last I checked you agreed I was IEI

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pretty much agree with everyone: as long as you're not violating someone else's privacy and sharing really intimate details then it's perfectly fine.
    Stan is not my real name.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
    I pretty much agree with everyone: as long as you're not violating someone else's privacy and sharing really intimate details then it's perfectly fine.
    This is generally the sentiment most people hold, despite type. This topic isn't quadra/type related, just more perpetuation of stereotypes. As the OP insinuates, stereotypes on this board predict that Deltas will be conservative and not want to talk about sex because that somehow seems "immoral" or "improper," and Betas like talking about it because it's "crude" and "controversial." Overall, things similar to the topic at hand aren't type relevant, but personally so. There might be a type related reason on WHY you feel comfortable/uncomfortable discussing sex (so, a Beta reason for feeling like talking about sex is inappropriate and Delta reasoning for talking about sex openly as appropriate as well), but your type doesn't have a casual link to behaviors/opinions like this (meaning type isn't how you have the behavior, it just might bring perspective on why you have it).

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Of course it's inappropriote! So is public emotion. It's very rude to make people put up with that sort of thing when they didn't ask for it.

What's with the IEIs in the Delta quadra?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you don't own any quadra.
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are enfj. not a typical one tho.
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

last I checked you agreed I was IEI
    do you want to be?
    -

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you want to be?
    I don't know, honestly

mixed feelings

right now I'm on the slightly no side

they change weekly(sometimes daily)

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends, I mean - the fundamental reason I see myself ever doing this is if I am confused about something, or just wanted to run something by a friend which I don't feel like I can ask my SO directly. I will try to keep it as impersonal as possible and omit any details, especially those irrelevant.

Or that is how I imagine it at least. It is entirely possible the bond with my SO feels so sacred I am unable to bring something private out into "public" in the sense of even telling a single friend.

I have had pretty good friendships though, so I have a feeling my friends, even those in the future lol, will be kind and understanding and not put off by this stuff lol.

but yeah idk, I will have to see.

Banned
    TIM
    istp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the kamasutra were an ancient culture which revolved around sex and they displayed it everywhere as much as possible.what an intriguing choice.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless it's a doctor for medical reasons, would never. If someone talks casually about their sex life, I quickly assume that person to be morally debauched and not one to associate with. Your sex life is a personal thing between you and your partner and there is quite frankly no reason whatsoever that you should feel the need to inform me of the details.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LemurianLo View Post
    Unless it's a doctor for medical reasons, would never. If someone talks casually about their sex life, I quickly assume that person to be morally debauched and not one to associate with. Your sex life is a personal thing between you and your partner and there is quite frankly no reason whatsoever that you should feel the need to inform me of the details.
    If you feel the same way towards cabinet-making, you’re never going to learn the best practices for building furniture.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    If you feel the same way towards cabinet-making, you’re never going to learn the best practices for building furniture.
    The best way to improve your sex life is to communicate with the person you're sleeping with, not Joe Blow at the office. Same with cabinet making, what are my family and friends gonna know about making the best furniture for my clients? For every decent piece of advice could be gained really shit advice as well. Better cutout the excess and just go find out what my clients are after, from my clients.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If your customers are accustomed to the finest in stapled cardboard, you might never learn about half-blind dovetail joints.