Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Justin Bieber

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the feeling he's Beta NF, EIE>IEI. I don't really see the Se, he seems to try to pull it off but it looks more awkward than natural

btw on behalf of most of Canadian's I'd like to apologize for spawning him into the world, I'll throw Nickelback into that well I'm at it
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    btw on behalf of most of Canadian's I'd like to apologize for spawning him into the world, I'll throw Nickelback into that well I'm at it
    I forgive your nation, but only because you gave the world Feist and Maple syrup.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by No Longer a Dating Site View Post
    I forgive your nation, but only because you gave the world Feist and Maple syrup.
    awesome
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Am I the only person who's saying Fe-ISFp for him?
    Agreed with Fe-ISFp.

I don't have a strong interest in him though.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think he's that bad either. I also don't see how anyone could type him as EIE. How? He reminds me of Britney Spears almost. Whatever type she is...seems like they could be the same type possibly.

TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I'm pretty sure he's an SLE. Look at his body language from this interview. He maintains his laid back, composed appearance despite Chelsea's witty, stabbing comments. Having self-control of nonverbal communication is an SLE's strength. Also, Chelsea mentions how Bieber persuades others to take him to McDonalds. SLEs are good at convincing people to do things.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My daughter's friend informed me today that it is Justin Bieber's 17th birthday. So happy birthday to him!
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

adorable.
    With a knife jammed into his eye socket.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Exodus; 01-21-2019 at 05:25 PM.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I don't think he's that bad either. I also don't see how anyone could type him as EIE. How? He reminds me of Britney Spears almost. Whatever type she is...seems like they could be the same type possibly.
    Spears is also Fe-ISFp in my book.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I managed to glean from the previews for that movie is that it sends out messages of "you can do anything (as in amazing incredible things that you didn't think you could do) if you keep trying and keep working really hard for it" and I suspect Se themes for this reason.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    All I managed to glean from the previews for that movie is that it sends out messages of "you can do anything (as in amazing incredible things that you didn't think you could do) if you keep trying and keep working really hard for it" and I suspect Se themes for this reason.
    The artist Jem (Fi-ENFp) wrote basically an entire album "Down To Earth" based on that very "you can do it if you work hard" attitude (admittedly she didn't do it too well, lol).

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    The artist Jem (Fi-ENFp) wrote basically an entire album "Down To Earth" based on that very "you can do it if you work hard" attitude (admittedly she didn't do it too well, lol).
    Yeah I strongly believe in that premise as well. It's not a uniquely Se-based theme.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it's exclusive to Se values. I think that you guys are looking at everything in a black and white way by even responding this way. I was basically saying that from my one window (the little I know) I suspect things go farther in a certain direction were I to see more and keep looking. This is more tentative than tentative (an off-hand suspicion) so kill me.

There is no thing that is exclusive to any set of quadra values. It is never black and white (people and the world is not black and white) and I don't understand why this must be said every time. (well actually some things are b&w in the world, but never mind that)

I do think though that this is an Se theme (and if you noticed I didn't say anything about what type I think "Justin Bieber" is as I've only seen previews to a movie from which I've noticed that one theme off-hand). But if you're going to spend a lot of time living by this philosophy and then make a freaking movie about your entire life of working hard and being driven to a single outcome and never letting go of it, well, then I may well suspect Se values. It's like defining oneself by this (not everyone would be so inclined).

In a generic form, anyone can be driven. That doesn't mean there's some sort of mutual exclusion here. For instance my ESE mom is an incredibly driven person, but I don't think that means she's Se. The larger picture of her speaks to other quadra values even if she values working hard to achieve her goals. The difference is in the broader picture/impression not in particular little nit-picky features.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm guessing adults of unknown types wrote, directed, and produced that movie. Their motivations were probably something like "what will sell a movie" and "how do we make a movie about the lifetime achievements of a 16-year-old and make it last over 6 minutes."
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    I'm guessing adults of unknown types wrote, directed, and produced that movie. Their motivations were probably something like "what will sell a movie" and "how do we make a movie about the lifetime achievements of a 16-year-old and make it last over 6 minutes."
    well yeah i was thinking that too... anyway in short i just felt that there may be an Se theme in there, and i probably shouldn't have commented at all because i haven't even watched the movie and don't plan to... i don't know how much this was just a message or how much it has anything to do with who "justin bieber" is and obviously the movie's supposed to be greatly inspirational as a selling point.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Yeah I strongly believe in that premise as well. It's not a uniquely Se-based theme.
    Yeah, I'm Se-quadra but I don't believe in that kind of thinking, since it seems to be wishful. NTR would be my conclusion.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You're so jelly.
    <3

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fe-SEI>SLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE definitely
    Last edited by Arcadea; 08-18-2016 at 10:16 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

douchebag.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barubary View Post
    He is a slick SEI-Si.
    Yes, agreed. I used to think he wasn't ethical but now... Strong Fe and Fi are likely, there's a natural smoothness about him. Si lead makes sense, very laid-back or slick as you say

VIs like an IEE imo. SEE as the other type alternative.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Really people. Se valuer anyway.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Really people. Se valuer anyway.
    In what way exactly?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't there a newer thread on this guy? Anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    Fe-SEI>SLE

This is a great interview, very spontaneous. It's clear that he is good at Fi, even his humor is based on Fi, joking about how he dislikes people etc. I don't see how anyone could think he is SLE.

SEE is a bit more reasonable but I think he is ESI. He does have a reckless, show-offy side but in general he comes off as a "nice guy." Whenever he says something that could be considered harsh he usually tries to soften it somehow. There is also a moment where he goes super-Si with the physical sensations etc., very much in line with Si-8. But at the same time he is very aware of his social status and how he can use it. He also gets into Ni when he talks about pop stars vs real artists -- it shows that making meaningful music is something he strives towards.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

IEE > ILE

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Had a eureka moment today as I asked my SLI father about him. His unnerved assessment was: "A spoiled brat who makes shitty music while getting a ton of money for it!!" - so I considered EIE. And checked Bieber's quotes, which confirmed my idea:

"I'm looking forward to influencing others in a positive way. My message is you can do anything if you just put your mind to it." - Fe doms need the incentive of passion to get sth done. FeNi: influencing others positively in the future. Se HA: influencing, asserting one's way.

"I got a bright future ahead of me." - Same FeNi logic, just projected onto himself.

"Now that I'm on top, everyone wants to bring me down. Everyone's trying to tug at me and take my spot." - Betaaa

"I want my world to be fun." - Fe, once again

"I think older people can appreciate my music because I really show my heart when I sing, and it's not corny. I think I can grow as an artist, and my fans will grow with me." More Ni time estimations + appealing to others, Fe

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nymeria View Post
    VIs like an IEE imo. SEE as the other type alternative.

Attachment 8896

Uncanny, no?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Had a eureka moment today as I asked my SLI father about him. His unnerved assessment was: "A spoiled brat who makes shitty music while getting a ton of money for it!!" - so I considered EIE. And checked Bieber's quotes, which confirmed my idea:

"I'm looking forward to influencing others in a positive way. My message is you can do anything if you just put your mind to it." - Fe doms need the incentive of passion to get sth done. FeNi: influencing others positively in the future. Se HA: influencing, asserting one's way.
    [FONT="]"I got a bright future ahead of me." - Same FeNi logic, just projected onto himself.[/FONT][COLOR=#333333]
    This is rather low-complexity Ni wouldn't you say? I don't see much Fe there either -- Gammas often have this kind of "I'm going to be a big success" mentality.

[COLOR=#333333][FONT="]"Now that I'm on top, everyone wants to bring me down. Everyone's trying to tug at me and take my spot." - Betaaa
    This is totally consistent with Gamma too. In fact, Gammas might even be more likely to have this attitude - "I did it all myself", "eff the haters", etc.

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post

"I got a bright future ahead of me." - Same FeNi logic, just projected onto himself.

"Now that I'm on top, everyone wants to bring me down. Everyone's trying to tug at me and take my spot." - Betaaa

"I want my world to be fun." - Fe, once again

"I think older people can appreciate my music because I really show my heart when I sing, and it's not corny. I think I can grow as an artist, and my fans will grow with me." More Ni time estimations + appealing to others, Fe

No, that is his 3w4 shining through, you always mistake 3's for Betas (i.e. Koo Junhoe, Park Bom, Kai, BTS Jin who's also SEI).

He's Fe-SEI 368 Sx/So.

I actually have been meaning to ask why you seem to think most pop idols are EIE at some point.
    Last edited by LuckyOne; 11-05-2016 at 03:49 AM.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's not very likely a nice guy, regardless of how he comes off.

* accused of assaulting a 12-year-old via laser tag
    * in a motorcade that cut off a highway patrolman
    * locked a producer in a closet
    * smashed fist through a cake in a public setting
    * may have kicked and punched a photographer
    * reckless driving
    * mooned fans on Instagram
    * attacked another photographer
    * ditched his pet monkey in Germany (it ended up in a zoo)
    * spat on his neighbor and threatened to kill him
    * has shown up late to many concerts, indifferent, after fans have paid for costly tickets
    * on video was shown peeing in a restaurant mop bucket
    * possibly racist vandalism in Brazil
    * when detained in Australia for drug search, used foul language against agents conducting the search
    * may have vandalized another neighbor's house
    * arrested for DUI and drag racing
    * refused to honor expensive meet-n-greets that fans had already paid for
    * assaulted a limo driver
    * more graffiti in public places where graffiti is a problem

Just widely reported to be an out-of-control brat, walking out on shows, angrily knocking over a chair in a restaurant, canceling a gig after one song, making the people around him miserable.

You can chalk it all up to the woes of child stardom, and I do think that's a problem for people in his position. But his contempt for other people is a strong theme, and I have a hard time making that square with him being an ethical type. Some comparisons upthread to Britney Spears -- okay, but she at least took out most of her hostility on herself.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow what a jerk

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by goldenbane View Post

* reckless driving
    * has shown up late to many concerts, indifferent, after fans have paid for costly tickets
    * when detained in Australia for drug search, used foul language against agents conducting the search

Just widely reported to be an out-of-control brat, walking out on shows, angrily knocking over a chair in a restaurant, canceling a gig after one song, making the people around him miserable.

You can chalk it all up to the woes of child stardom, and I do think that's a problem for people in his position. But his contempt for other people is a strong theme, and I have a hard time making that square with him being an ethical type. Some comparisons upthread to Britney Spears -- okay, but she at least took out most of her hostility on herself.
    What part of this is not consistent with Gamma SF? If anything it shows a lack of respect for rules and principles.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by goldenbane View Post

* reckless driving

I think he's ethical (SEE to be exact), but I'd love to hear how this behaviour can be associated with SEI-Fe.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@thehotelambush, I understand that being F doesn't necessarily mean that you're "good," but Justin Bieber still strikes me as incredibly clumsy around people issues. Granted the SEEs I have observed closely are often more mature and less indulged than him, but they have pretty good people skills even if they don't always go along with what's expected of them.

I'd expect this more from SLE.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

ESI-Se 6w7 Sx/Sp (639)
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    ESI-Se 6w7 Sx/Sp (639)
    Yup, das ist ein correct typing, precisely : ) I used to think he was SEE-Fi, but nah. It explains why people get SLE vibe, as ESI-Se's can look pretty similar to SLE's.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bieber is ESI-Fi 2w3 so/sx.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast