Thread: ANOTHER socionics test from Hugo

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ANOTHER socionics test

[thread edited for future updates]

Word of warning: results appear at bottom of test and will appear as soon as you've completed enough questions. You don't have to fill out the entire test, but you could if you want to be methodical about it.

You can refresh this one and use the browser's back button to your heart's content.
    Last edited by xerx; 06-24-2010 at 06:37 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your socionics type is INFj-Ne.

All good except Ij is the last temperament fitting for me . There is like 0.01% chance for that to be the truth.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am afraid to post what I got. It would be the end of the world. Not bad the test.

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFj-Ne. Retook it several times. I don't think it is possible to get ENFp
    Stan is not my real name.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's way too obvious, I can't vouch for my subconsciousness not cheating. While someone who doesn't know socionics would probably find it no more useful than reading descriptions on wiki. They're kind of similar.

INTp-Ni, choosing (I *tried* to forget about the elements...) Ni > Ne > Te > Si > Ti > Fi > Fe > Se, then Ip > Ij > Ep > Ej.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTp-Ni

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTp - Se
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    Your socionics type is INFj-Ne.

All good except Ij is the last temperament fitting for me . There is like 0.01% chance for that to be the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
    I don't think it is possible to get ENFp
    There was a a little typo in the code for ENFp, but I removed it. That typing should appear now.

Huh, interesting. Could be right.

INFP-Ni

These are the answers I chose in this order that I related to the descriptions:
    1. Ni
    2. Si
    3. Fi
    4. Fe
    5. Te
    6. Ti
    7. Ne
    8. Se

For the temperments, I chose:
    1. Calm, balanced, inert
    2. Relaxed
    3. Flexible
    4. Proactive

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    There was a a little typo in the code for ENFp, but I removed it. That typing should appear now.
    Cool. This time I got ENFp-Ne.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Your socionics type is INFj-Ne

Much better than the last test. Though it's easier to cheat with this one.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Fi
    2. Ne
    3. Te
    4. Fe
    5. Si
    6. Ni
    7. Ti
    8. Se

1. Ep
    2. Ip
    3. Ij
    4. Ej

Your socionics type is ENFp-Fi.

Neato

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    I am afraid to post what I got. It would be the end of the world. Not bad the test.
    I'm ashamed to say what I got. Let's just say it was surreal.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your socionics type is ISTp-Si.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTj-Ni. My entire life doesn't revolve around rules, so I wasn't picking the "Ti" choice.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

INFj - Fi
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-male

Si-ISFp.

EDIT

Which is sort of cool because I picked Si > Ni > Se > Fe.

And Si-ISFp again flying through on "first picks" before I considered the options too in-depth.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    I'm ashamed to say what I got. Let's just say it was surreal.
    ESFp-Se
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTj-Te
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Okay, okay, okay. If you really want to know, I got INTp-Ni. I'm a bit surprised that I ranked Ti and Ne as low as I did or Ni and Si as high as I did. I did try taking the test with pretending as if I know nothing of socionics functions so I wouldn't bias anything.
    But I do think ranking Ni and Si as high as I did could make sense for a harmonizing subtype LII, with and being strengthened.

I suppose too, there's a small but unlikely chance I'm really an ILI.

It was difficult to decide how to rank the functions and temperaments but ultimately I chose this.

1. Ni
    2. Si
    3. Fi
    4. Te
    5. Ne
    6. Ti
    7. Fe
    8. Se

And I ranked the temperaments as:

1. Ij (even though my top two functions were the Ip ones!)
    2. Ip
    3. Ep
    4. Ej

I'll provide my analysis in another post so you can all see why I got the weird result I did.

Creepy-male

I think the problem is that the Ti description isn't very good.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got Ti-INTj the first time, but then I fooled around to find how the test worked and realized I should've gotten Ne-INTj.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And now for the long boring analysis of my psyche:

Si:
    I have a strong ability to recognize internal physical states in myself and others, to understand how these states are reached, and to recreate and avoid these physical states. I am drawn to situations that satisfy my inner physical experience. Whenever I take part in something that involves recognizing, recreating, or analyzing physical states, I feel a great deal of personal power and enthusiasm. The avoidance of discomfort is one of my primary motivations. Feelings of internal discomfort can arise form a tense psychological atmosphere, working too hard and sapping the body's resources, being pressured by other people or by numerous "things to do," and from unsatiated or oversatiated physical needs. I tend to quickly recognize and be quite vocal about discomfort that arises and either take clever measures to dissipate it or simply get out of whatever is bothering me. I am very receptive to other people sharing feelings of discomfort with me and can help alleviate the tension and offer good solutions. I am constantly adjusting myself to my environment (which includes the people around me), and rarely have any fixed ideas about what is "appropriate" to desire in a given situation. Thus I am willing to accommodate other people's needs in an ad hoc manner. It is enough for something to "feel right" for me to justify doing it.

Avoidance of discomfort is a huge deal to me and that’s largely why this function ranks so high. But I think for me its more about resolving mental or emotional discomfort than physical discomfort. I’m well aware of my own physical discomfort but kind of clueless about others’ levels of comfort unless they come out and tell me. I’m well aware of my own discomfort but will sometimes put off taking care of my physical needs when something really interesting absorbs my attention. Overall, most of this paragraph fits me quite well, surprising considering Si is weak in LIIs.

Ne:
    I enjoy the beginning stages of just about anything - new projects, acquiring new skills, experiencing new people and relationships. Preparing for and launching something new is seen as having greater value than the process of experiencing what I already have and finishing what I have begun. The concept of "finishing" seems foreign to me. Instead of taking care to finish things and tie up all loose ends, I tend to drop things when I can't handle them any longer or realize that I have neglected them for too long. I am skilled at generating intellectual interest and curiosity in others and using others' curiosity to get them to do things. I easily see parallels between different situations, areas of knowledge or skill, and people, and like to establish contacts across different fields of knowledge and social groups, which allows me to be part of many things at once. I enjoy considering differing viewpoints and perspectives and seeing if they can be reconciled.

I love starting new projects and acquiring new skills. I don’t care so much about new people and relationships. The concept of finishing is not at all foreign to me. I have a strong need to finish what I start and I can’t stand having loose ends. I don’t really consider a job complete unless the loose ends are all tied up. It is true my interests kind of come and go with time. Its not that I no longer care, its that something better comes along. Not sure if I’m all that good at generating intellectual interest and curiosity in others. If I find something interesting, I do like passing the information along to others who may be interested but I’m far more interested in *my own* intellectual curiousity and interest than anyone else’s. I don’t use others’ curiosity to get others to do things. Wouldn’t have a clue how to do that. The last two sentences about seeing the parallels and considering different viewpoints is very true of me. Overall only about half the paragraph fits me, so ranking this function surprisingly low.

Ti:
    I view reality through the lens of logic, immediately recognizing the correctness and appropriateness of things and their proper place in reality and in my system of views and behavior. I freely make logical assertions about new information and experience. I hold highest those rules to which exceptions do not exist, and I am a habitual critic of people or things that don't follow a set of rules, whether they are those accepted by the community, or my own, or even another person's. Although I am able to adopt others' rules, my own are always the last word, and these are subject to continual refinement.

What’s really surprising is overall, how little I relate to this even though Ti is the base function of LII’s, my self-typing! I certainly view reality through the lens of logic and freely make logical assertions but I don’t necessarily recognize the correctness or appropriateness immediately. For one thing, so much is relative. What’s appropriate in one situation isn’t necessarily appropriate in another. And also, I want to make sure I have sufficient information before judging the correctness of something. I do relate to holding highest the rules where exceptions don’t exist and find myself creating models where it will be applicable across all situations but I also know very well, that’s not very realistic and the models I create are rather separated from the real world. As far as being a habitual critic of people or things that don’t follow a set of rules, that feels awful rigid to me. And I certainly don’t think my own rules are the last word. I’m always questioning my own set of rules and comparing it to others. I do continuously refine my rules though. So overall, this function description is only a so-so fit for me so its going lower on the list.

Fe:

I am always 'in tune' to the emotional flow surrounding me, and I respond to it spontaneously and directly. I seek out and create activities where people are totally engaged in what they are doing. Something's value is directly tied to how much it arouses my or another person's passion. I am highly proactive about steering the emotional flow in the direction I consider ideal to a given situation. I may, for example, try to cheer people with jokes if I see that they are too gloomy or, conversely, to get people to be serious and concentrated if they are too carefree during a crisis situation. Nevertheless, I believe emotions should be expressed as honestly as possible.

I do try to pay attention to the emotional flow and emotional atmosphere is a big deal to me but I’m pretty pathetic about responding to it spontaneously. I’m always second guessing myself in this area. I do like activities where people are totally engaged in what they are doing but not so good at creating those activities and leave that up to someone else. I do relate to the statement: “Something’s value is directly tied to how much it arouses my or another person’s passion.” I don’t feel proactive about steering the emotional flow in a particular direction. I am not confident in this area and would much rather have someone else do that. I have mixed feelings about the last statement. In general, I think honest emotional expression is a good thing but I don’t like it when it causes over-dramatism or hurt feelings. Some restraint is also good. Overall, I get the impression from this description that this is a weak but valued function for me.

Ni:
    I have a lack of direct attention to the world around myself, and a sense of detachment or freedom from worldly affairs. I have a highly developed imagination and very unique mental world, but it can also result in a great deal of laziness and apparent inactivity. Because I gets my primary information about the world through imagination, I may be able to thrive in situations where data is scarce, or where I lack the usual prerequisite experience. However, this may also become a disadvantage if I ignore real data about the world too much. The ability to transcend the axis of time and understand the cause and effect relationships that occur is also a feature, sometimes resulting in the ability to accurately predict general future trends and outcomes of certain events.

It’s true I pay little attention to what’s going on around me as I’m so absorbed in my own mental world. I do feel quite detached from worldly affairs and have a vivid imagination. I am prone to laziness and have to watch out for that. I’m not so sure about how good I would be at thriving in situations where data is scarce. I would try to get as much information as possible rather than just relying on mere hunches but I think if I wasn’t able to obtain sufficient data, I think I could trust my imagination and ingenuity to pull me through. I am good at understanding cause and effect relationship and anticipating how future events might unfold. Overall this description fits me quite well. Its one of my stronger functions.

Se:
    I feel at home among people who are actively doing something and interacting with each other directly (visibly), and am able to organize people, move them around as necessary, and guide them in achieving a specific goal. I like obedience and even subservience in others, since it allows me to "make things happen" more effectively. I am keenly aware of territorial conflicts and confrontational behavior occurring around me. I very quickly become confrontational when others try to make me move or get me to do something in an aggressive or confrontational way. I quickly recognizes when people are trying to get each other to do something or are trying to organize them for some purpose. I also spontaneously use aggression to achieve my own goals. I want to make all decisions myself about what I will do, wear, eat, look like, etc., and resent any attempts by others to make these decisions for me. However, I am willing to make use of other peoples' ideas, advice, and creativity, as long as I play the most visible role. I enjoy testing my will in challenging situations and I view life as a sort of obstacle course, full of adversity and challenges, that must be weathered and conquered.

I can organize people and guide them but would much prefer not to and doing so would make me uncomfortable. I hate pressuring people. If I was in charge, I guess I would want others to be obedient but not subservient. I wouldn’t want to give off the impression that others could not question my authority. Some authority should be questioned. I am keenly aware of terriotorial conflicts and confrontational behavior occurring around me, but I feel helpless in solving problems in this area. I either retreat or get overly confrontational. I sometimes fail to recognize when people are trying to get each other to do something or trying to organize them for some purpose unless its explicitly spelled out to me. I do not use aggression to achieve my goals. I have kind of a knee-jerk reaction when reading that statement. I absolutely want to make all decisions myself about what to do, wear, eat, look like, etc. I have very little tolerance for anyone telling me what to do in this area. I think that’s common with LIIs and ties in with their PoLR. I like to make use of other peoples’ ideas but I do not insist on playing the most visible role. Most of the time, my role is less visible and behind the scenes. The last statement doesn’t appeal to me at all. I hate the thought that life has to be like an obstacle course. I want life to be smooth and conflict free. Overall, although there are some things in this description that fit me, I really think its related to my PoLR.

To be continued..........

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fi:
    I view reality primarily through static personal ethics and stable interpersonal bonds between people, including myself, where the status of such interpersonal bonds is determined by my own personal ethics. I am very confident in evaluating the ethical or moral qualities, and their consistency, of other people. My own sense of constancy in personal ethics and in my relationships with others is a very strong factor in my sense of self-worth. I have the ability to almost instantly recognize whether someone is a friend or an enemy, whether they are demonstrating good will or ill will, and whether they are drawn to or repelled by me.

I think a lot about my own personal ethics and relations with others but I’m not so confident in evaluating the ethical or moral qualities. For one thing, so much of morality and ethics is relative and not absolute, at least in my mind. My self-worth doesn’t really depend on my sense of constancy in personal ethics and relationships with others. The last statement though is very fitting of me. I am constantly sizing up others to see whether or not I would likely have a good relation or bad relation with them.

Te:
    I need to accumulate factual information from external sources such as books, second-hand information, etc, on matters of personal interest or of professional activity. This gives me confidence on being well-informed on the same matters, which enables me to enter arguments related to me with confidence on my knowledge. I evaluate external reality - work activities, world events, finances, procedures, personal relationships, conversations - from the point of view of factual accuracy and "making sense" and efficiency. This leads to an inclination to be proactive in increasing the efficiency and reasonableness of the external world, as well as a sense of self-worth connected on being involved and productive in activities seen as useful, profitable, or that increase my knowledge base. To give out information that I know not to be factually accurate is disturbing and avoided as much as possible.

I don’t necessarily *need* to accumulate factual information from external sources but rather do it frequently anyway because the information happens to be of *interest* to me. I have a need to be well-informed on things related to my areas of interest and in the workplace and hate feeling ignorant. I don’t feel so confident when entering arguments and debates, I often feel like others are somehow more informed than I am, even though that often not the case. I care a great deal about factual accuracy, “making sense”, and efficiency. Although, I admit I don’t always do tasks in the most efficient manner, sometimes opting for a more comfortable, interesting, or logically consistent method instead. I don’t feel very proactive about increasing the efficiency and reasonableness of the external world, I am far more interested in my own internal world. Much of my self-worth is tied up in my own usefulness, knowledge, and productivity. Although, I don’t always feel the most productive and can be prone to laziness. The last statement is extremely true of me. I simply cannot give out factually inaccurate information to others and before giving out information to others I am very careful not to tell anybody something wrong. If I inadvertently do that, I feel really bad and compelled to correct is ASAP.

And for the temperaments. I found it very difficult to even attempt to rank these. None fits perfectly. I feel like I kind of cycle between all four of these mindsets in a way.

Ep:
    Flexible.
    Mobile.
    Impulsive, shifting from apparent inactivity to bursts of energy, often several times a day, showing impatience during them.
    Walk is energetic but "cat-like".
    Often seems optimistic and open-minded.
    Entertains people easily and naturally.
    Inclined to fidget when forced to remain inactive for long periods.

I am pretty flexible and much more fidgety than a typical Ij is. I walk rather energetically too. No idea what it means to walk “cat like”. Pretty open-minded on things but not as optimistic. Not particularly impulsive but my energy levels can change a bit. Poor at entertaining others.

Ij:
    Calm, balanced and inert.
    "Unflappable".
    Rigid but not very fast gait.
    May appear passive-aggressive.
    Usually very stable mood.
    More reactive than active.
    Little inclination to fidget during long periods of inactivity.

I’m quite calm and balanced but less inert I think than a typical Ij. I’ve been told from the video I posted that I’m kind of rigid in my gait. Don’t know that I’m unflappable. I wouldn’t describe myself that way but maybe I give off that impression to others, I don’t know. My mood is quite stable and I tend to stay in the same mood for long periods of time. I don’t relate to passive-aggressive but maybe I do appear that way, who knows. I am generally more reactive than active. Overall, this temperament is not a perfect fit by any means but I guess it’s the best fit overall.

Ip:
    Relaxed.
    Go-with-the-flow.
    Finds it easy to spend long periods of time in no activity, or at very low levels of energy.
    Movements are flexible, unhurried.
    Little inclination towards fidgetiness when having to remain inactive for longer periods.

I think I appear more relaxed to others than I really am. On the inside, I feel quite tense much of the time. Usually, I go with the flow on things unless it violates some important ruling principle of mine. I can spend long periods of time with low energy or little activity. I like to be unhurried about most things. Don’t like being rushed.

Ej:
    Proactive.
    Restless.
    Difficult to relax unless tired.
    Walk tends to be quick-paced and "purposeful", as well as stiff.
    "Calmly energetic" with few intense variations in the level of energy during the day.
    Inclined to fidget when forced to remain inactive for long periods.

I am generally not very proactive. I am sometimes restless. I find it easy to relax most of the time. I tend to walk fast but not in a very purposeful manner. My energy level varies somewhat throughout the day but I wouldn’t call it intense. I do relate to being calmly energetic- when I am energetic, its kind of a subdued energetic rather than an in-your-face energetic.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I very easily picked out ENTp-Ne. In the end I ranked the functions honestly and it came out this way:

Ne
    Ti
    Te
    Si
    Fe
    Se
    Ni
    Fi

I actually didn't mind this test. It's very general, but not inaccurate imo. Probably great for people with no experience. I'm going to run it by my EII cubicle mate tomorrow as a control test. She doesn't really know anything about socionics other than the function labels, quadras etc.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
    INFj-Ne. Retook it several times. I don't think it is possible to get ENFp
    Sure it is! You just have to be willing to cheat.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamicism View Post
    Se-ESFp
    zomg. test duals.

I tried every possible combination I thought was right for me, and they all came out Ni-INTp. I even tried lying a little bit and it didn't change.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    It's way too obvious, I can't vouch for my subconsciousness not cheating. While someone who doesn't know socionics would probably find it no more useful than reading descriptions on wiki. They're kind of similar.
    Why do you have a problem with this? I don't have any sort of problem just being honest, and interpreting the information clearly through what it says about me, and not "what type I think I am" or "how Socionics works." Are these honestly real problems people are having? Sounds pathetic.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post

Really I appreciate that and whatever type you are, I have a much better opinion on you than previously, not by this result, but for some time now.
    What did you have in mind for me? And was the long drawn out psychoanalysis of any use in coming to your conclusion?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ISTj-Se...those paragraphs are too long. Do you expect people to read through something that visually bland? Use bullet points or something.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah add colorful polka dots all over the test or something.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

ISFj-Fi

WHO IS HUGO

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got ENFp-Ne this time.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Creepy-Cyclops

Si-ISTp

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    Sure it is! You just have to be willing to cheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    ESTp - Se
    Same.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...